Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
Being Faithful in a Relationship
Being faithful is the greatest marriage expectation. A lot of marriages have broken down as a result of unfaithfulness. Faithfulness is an act of staying committed to your partner in good and in difficult times. Trust is built on the foundation that your partner is honest and faithful to you. Faithfulness as a fruit of love ensures that the couple keeps investing their soul, energy, time, and resources into the relationship. Faithfulness is one way of proving seriousness to your partner. Couples who find themselves in unfaithful relationships are usually left in sadness, with their emotional energy drained, in addition with the feeling that they have wasted a good part of their time. My key advice is that in everything, couples should always remember the “Golden Rule”: “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself”. Faithfulness can be cultivated and sustained when partners acknowledges the true value of each other. The couple should prove to themselves that they are worthy of each other’s love.
Continuing in an unfaithful relationship is emotionally destructive, demoralizing and isolating. People in unfaithful relationships can be miserable and hopeless, trapped in the sadness. Addressing the problems in your relationship requires acknowledging the problem, your weaknesses, your value system, your moral compass, and other expectations that have all contributed to your unhappiness. Over time emotional health deteriorates in an unfaithful relationship. For your emotional survival, it’s important to look at yourself first and work toward compassion for yourself and your situation.
Committed couples appreciate “open interaction” this behavior shows affection, understanding, and the kind of warmth towards each other that translates into feelings of companionship, sexual responsiveness, and support. In other words, committed partners engage. They put down the paper, turn off the TV, come home on time, offer “two-eye attention” and connect with their partner. Committed spouses also pay more attention to “little things” to show their love and concern.
Advantages of Being Faithful in a Relationship
1. Falling in love does not guarantee staying in love. Love is a living, breathing thing that requires constant attention and nurturing and one of it is faithfulness. Being faithful encourages your lover to be faithful to you. There is no love without faithfulness.
2. Being faithful increases the longevity of your relationship. The quickest and easiest way to end your relationship/marriage is by cheating.
3. Being faithful gives you peace of mind, you don’t have to watch your tracks, you are not paranoid, and trying to remember every lie you say.
4. Being faithful makes you focus on your relationship/marriage and have a healthy relationship. Infidelity brings distraction and divides the attention you give to your spouse.
5. Being faithful has a positive effect on your character. And you draw confidence from continues positive attitude.
6. Being faithfulness keeps you, your spouse, and your family safe from sexually transmitted disease.