We have had endless posts on how to find someone; it's probably the most popular sort of question, aside from the 'rate me' proposals that aren't even QUESTIONS....
Why not volunteer at a shelter, either an animal shelter, or a homeless shelter? Of course the animal shelter is going to be a lot less stressful for all concerned...but..
1. All the people there care about something besides themselves, which right there puts them in the
top 10% of the people you'd want to spend your life with.
2. Such work tends to bring out the best in people, while, I think most would agree, a lot of
business/corporate/public sector jobs bring out the WORST. Backstabbing and political
maneuvering are encouraged, friendships are discouraged, in most cases of paid employment.
3. There aren't policies against relationships; most places are too happy to get volunteers to put
many limitations on behavior, and of course, you are free to walk away if they do. They
aren't PAYING you, after all.
4. Take my word for it, there are a lot of attractive people involved in volunteering.
5. A high percentage are single, or if older, divorced/widowed, or they wouldn't have the time to
volunteer. Not ALL, of course, there are couples, such as my wife and I, but still, quite a few
6. They are screened by the organization, so people with major behavior disorders are not going
to pass muster.
7. Anyone who does misbehave in any way is quickly removed; it's not like a 'regular' job where
there are all kinds of procedures and policies to discuss endlessly. And there isn't the same
sort of hierarchy, where the top people get away with almost anything, as in the corporate or
business world. Not to nearly the same degree, in any case.
8. Not less in importance, you get satisfaction from working together in a positive, open way
to actually help people and hopefully make society better. You get to know what the people you
work with are really about. And such work looks good on a resume, too, though of course
not as much as 'real' jobs that foster mostly negative kinds of 'skills' and rarely help anyone, aside
from further enriching the people who are already rich!