My Thoughts on Gold Diggers... They Suck

Dear gold diggers, you’re hookers … essentially

I told you I would go after gold diggers too. I’m for #trueequality … which means I equally crap on people who act silly, shitty, and everything in between. And gold diggers are exceptionally shitty people. Borderline sociopathic in some cases.

Now, if you read my article talking about the difference between a woman wanting you for your money v.s. having a partner with the potential of a stable future (AKA an independent adult/non-dependent) you’ll know I think there’s no issue in considering your partner’s ability to work. Male or female, you have to consider such things if you plan on having a long-term relationship. As long as you are employed, educated, or in the process of obtaining either, you’re realistically a good candidate to be a long-term partner, provided compatibility is also present.

However, there are people out there, many of them women, who don’t really care about any of the stuff I mentioned above. There are people out there who really do only see value in a partner who will essentially buy their affection in the form of monetary gifts or actual money. Some of them are so committed to obtaining wealth through no achievement of their own that they will literally wait for their partner to die in order to inherit their money. We call them gold diggers, and they’re essentially glorified, expensive prostitutes.

I have had women express to me in the past that they are in some way owed dinners, gifts, and material things from men due to the expense they personally choose to spend on their appearance. According to them, this is a necessary part of the dating process in order to make themselves appealing to men, because without all of the glamour … they apparently have no other value, given this logic.

Naturally, being an offensive prick, I am, my response has always been that this notion is utter bullshit. It sounds like the logic of an extremely spoiled-rotten child who wants to justify getting presents on someone else’s birthday. It’s illogical. Provided you don’t look like a fucking troll without highlights and makeup, no one is putting a gun to your head, demanding you to spend money on enhancing your appearance. If you honestly believe you can’t attract a mate without spending money on clothes, makeup, or various other appearance enhancing products or treatments, then that’s a prime example of a: “YOU problem.” AKA: too bad, that’s your problem, no one else’s. Either learn to love yourself or accept it as an “investment” of sorts, because none of this is actually necessary. It’s something you choose to do and likely derive pleasure from, like most women. It doesn’t entitle you to a steak dinner or even a fucking taco.

Also, I would like to point out that if you are a feminist, that you are 100 per cent hypocritical if you have any sort of entitlement surrounding men paying for things from meals, gifts, or your personal expenses. You can most certainly still be a feminist, but not without, in fact, being a hypocrite. Having the opinion that men owe you money, gifts, dinners, or should be the primary source of income for your daily pleasures or even income is the absolute opposite of gender equality. A man having dangling genitals between his legs under no circumstances implies he is obligated to shell out a single penny in your direction. If he chooses to do so, then it’s exactly that: a choice. It isn’t an obligation and you are not entitled to it.

As for the women who are so hardcore that they strictly date men for the sake of financial benefit: you’re basically a prostitute. Sorry, but it’s true. If you’re essentially selling your time and most likely your body for shoes, purses, clothes, cars, money – whatever. This is literally prostitution, or “escorting,” if you prefer that term. It’s an extremely sad way to live in my opinion, to quite literally apply monetary value to yourself which you give to the person dumb enough to just throw money and gifts at you. And for the women who date old, rich men in the hopes that when they die, you’ll be left with their estate and bank: you’re a fucking sociopath and you need mental help. It is not fucking normal for any person with an ounce of empathy and human decency to literally bleed a person dry for the remainder of their life while you wait for them to croak so you can get even more from them.

Of course, these are extreme cases. Most gold diggers these days justify their actions by calling themselves “sugar babies” who are simply selling services. Some may not provide sex (but, let’s be real, you’d make more if you did) but they are still essentially selling themselves to men unfortunately willing to treat them like wholesale products. It’s sad, and women who do this can definitely do better for themselves.

It does raise an interesting point in defense of gold diggers, sugar babies, and the like though. Men are doing this by their own will, and many are very aware that their only value to these women is the money and gifts they give them. Some agree to it at face value – like sugar baby situations – so I can’t really give them too much shit, even if I think it’s sad. Men also have to take some personal responsibility in the situation: if someone is bleeding your wallet dry … maybe stop giving them access to it? It isn’t like the signs of a gold digger are terribly subtle, unless you’re fucking with a pro. If a woman begins demanding you pay for everything, then you need to fucking run for it.

But, alas, we are often blinded by love, tits and pussy … so, women who know this “power” can be abused, you should use it wisely. Consider how you can seriously hurt someone by using them as a personal piggy bank, have a fucking heart and make your own goddamn way in life. If not, then at least be upfront that you’re just in it for the money and love comes secondary, so guys can make an educated decision on whether or not you’re worth fucking with.

~ Love Jane.

3658
ChronicThinker is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• All women are "gold diggers" to some degree. That is, money makes their panties wet. They are also attracted to other things too, but women are VERY attracted to money and power in men, in the same way men are attracted to physical beauty in women. The difference, though, is that men are honest about it while women are usually very dishonest about it.

You can try to spin it to say "women just want a secure future", but it means the same thing... you want a man to provide for you financially.

Why not just be honest about it? Well, the answer is because if gender roles. Women want to abolish gender roles that hurt them, but keep the ones that help them... like this one. So of course they can't actually admit to it because it makes them look like the hypocrites they are.

Ladies, be honest for a change. Please...

• This is the best response I have seen in a while.

• @Jemini_Crocket @ChronicThinker Saying women are not attracted to money and power is like saying straight men are not attracted to a pretty face, nice ass, long legs and perfectly shaped boobs.

Now, most guys will settle for (much) less than that, just like most girls will settle for significantly less than a doctor who drives a Porsche. But that doesn't change the fact that women are very attracted to, and motivated by money.

• I guess I am not a woman then lol

• "I have had women express to me in the past that they are in some way owed dinners, gifts, and material things from men due to the expense they personally choose to spend on their appearance. "

My new favorite is the "Whoever asks the other out pays for the date". The new veil for being entitled to free shit.

100% agree that men have some fault in the matter, at least some men who are willing to pay. That said I can't help but feel sorry for those guys who view themselves so lowly. Their sense of self-worth is low enough to feel like they don't deserve someone unless they pay.

• I think the "whoever asks first" shit is bullshit. Because women know most of the time they won't fucking ask.

• Eeeexactly. It's their way of trying to maintain the status quo of getting free shit. Like i'm not against paying, but the premise that it's my duty or obligation to do so is my issue. Thankfully I had a father who taught me that my time should be enough for a woman and that if she really likes me, then she will have no issue paying for herself. Took that advice from day 1 and never had an issue. The one time I did pay for a girl on the first day I lived to regret it lol.

• Your dad is a true man.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think being a Gold digger is taking advantage of your advantages. I don't see anything wrong with it. If you're hot, you don't want to work, and you have a way of getting to do what you want to do, it'd be stupid not to take it.
    People who fund these "sugar babies" know exactly who and what they're getting into. It's their decision.
    And sugar babies aren't just female. Men do it too. A lot of people would do it if they could. Money for just hanging out with someone without sex? Why the fuck not?

• i agree, i do not see how it is not being for equality as implied in the beginning of this take, to be a gold digger. it is an agreement that you basically are a freelance hired escort haha. that doesn't make it unethical or wrong, it is smart!

i would become a sugar baby without a doubt xD well maybe not but i do respect it as much as any other choice though it can frustrate me to see how easy some people get rich

• @NotoFeminism disagreeing does not mean you should start insulting people, respectful treatment

• if you have a gift for maths, you do something with it. if you have the "perfect body", you do something with it. and instead of being a prostitute you aim high and have a low chance of making it high like the kardashians

• The definition of gold digger varies for everyone. I have heard many guys say women who let the men pay on the first date are gold diggers, even if it was just a cup of starbucks coffee. Are you serious? In some countries/cultures where women aren't seen as equal or not allowed to work, paying for them is totally common, unless she is taking advantage on him, without him being aware of it. The sugar babies are gold diggers yes I agree, but let's blame those rich men who are willingly to be used knowing these women only want them for money 😊

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 56

• I FUCKING HATE GOLD DIGGERS!!! Your mytake title and picture just got me all...

orig00.deviantart.net/.../...ilyturtle-dakc44e.png

https://i.imgur.com/AUOSy7Y.jpg

Their incessant gobbling of money for providing their genitals DISGUSTS ME >:C

Anyway, let's go!

"Dear gold diggers"

Wha-wha-WHAAAT?
    My dear miss Thinker! Gold diggers are NOT dear. Keep that in mind please! They are the disgusting scum of our human society!

"I’m for #trueequality … "

Very pleased to see this :) 👍
    Your efforts writing this already proves it.

"However, there are people out there, many of them women, who don’t really care about any of the stuff I mentioned above. There are people out there who really do only see value in a partner who will essentially buy their affection in the form of monetary gifts or actual money.

[...]

We call them gold diggers, and they’re essentially glorified, expensive prostitutes."

I AGREE!!! THEY ARE SUCH TREACHEROUS PROSTITUTES AND HARPIES!!! I FUCKING HATE HATE HATE THEM!!!
    BURN THEM LIKE INSECTS!!!
    www.gamereplays.org/.../post-130220-1281198274.png

"I have had women express to me in the past that they are in some way owed dinners, gifts, and material things from men due to the expense they personally choose to spend on their appearance."

EWWW!!! GOLD DIGGERS!!!
    Get me my gas mask, my hazmat suit and a M2 flamethrower. Oh and a ligther! QUICK!!!

"no one is putting a gun to your head, demanding you to spend money on enhancing your appearance. If you honestly believe you can’t attract a mate without spending money on clothes, makeup, or various other appearance enhancing products or treatments, then that’s a prime example of a: “YOU problem.”"

Over 100% Agreed! That was *their* choice!

"As for the women who are so hardcore that they strictly date men for the sake of financial benefit: you’re basically a prostitute. Sorry, but it’s true."

Don't be sorry! The gold diggers will have it at them coming as soon as their last shade of their natural beauty fades away as they stock up on cats and have vaginal pain every time they urinate. (in my unpopular opinion - they deserve it, seeing it was their choice to leech off from us in the first place)

... Continued...

• "It does raise an interesting point in defense of gold diggers, sugar babies, and the like though. Men are doing this by their own will, and many are very aware that their only value to these women is the money and gifts they give them.

[...]

Men also have to take some personal responsibility in the situation: if someone is bleeding your wallet dry … maybe stop giving them access to it?"

Again, I agree over 100% with this! Men are stupid enough to be such horndogs to let themselves be taken advantage of by the scum that we call gold diggers.
      Honestly if a man cannot keep his wallet and his hose to himself and a woman cannot put down the price tag around her lower waist, I think they have actually found each other. My only problem is when I myself am involved. Other than that, go nuts, deplete your bank on her and enjoy riding a mummy, who has 10 years of his own life left to live.

• @You_Cant_See_Me type type type. There. You happy now? 😎

• And he has no sense of humor to boot. Yuck

• I highly wonder why this would even be an issue to you. How do gold diggers affect you exactly such that they suck to you? A gold digger is the natural state of woman and some men expect and like it. I actually don't have a problem with them because I expect it. Of course my gold reserves are low so I can only afford ugly gold diggers. But the ugly ones are actually better in bed.

• Here's how I see it- there's clearly a market for golddiggers and I'd rather they go after the guys who are comfortable with that and leave those of us who are only interested in genuine relationships alone. If a guy is OK with the golddigging and doesn't care, it's their business. I'd only feel bad for innocent victims that thought they were getting something else, i. e., someone genuinely interested in them.

• Humans are rotten to the core, what you expect?

Roughly 70% of all women are up for sale wheather they admit or not, but the prize tag varies from woman to woman.

• Where'd you get that statistic? Or is that an assumption?

• "Fairly personal accurate assumption," which translates to opinion lol. But sure, if this is what you think, you're entitled to that but I'd argue it's inflated and biased.

• You'll be surprise what humans are capable of willing to do for the right reward and for what they have a intense craving or wish for.

All that is needed is the right price.

• Good take. On the flip side a lot of guys write off girls that are uninterested in them as ‘Gold diggers’ when in reality they just want a man that is ambitious, goal oriented, and influential.
    Of the 20 or so women I have dated.. only 1 or 2 were really interested in my income & were big spenders.
    The rest were far more interested in having a good quality life. Fun experiences, living within your means, enjoying life, is the new gold standard for millennial women.

• They ain't nice, but I don't feel bad for guys who fall for gold-diggers AT ALL. If you are always showing out with your money, then expect women who only like you for your money. If your prerogative is getting a woman who is way too young/attractive for you by using your wealth, you're making a transaction (like you said "hookers") and you should understand that.

• "I have had women express to me in the past that they are in some way owed dinners, gifts, and material things from men due to the expense they personally choose to spend on their appearance."
    - Yeah, and then they get mad and complain about being expected to have sex with a guy just because he paid for the date or did nice things for her.

• It’s only natural for a woman to desire a man’s resources

• Good, my take. But there are reasons why a wealthy man would want a sugar baby. It's like a business contract, both parties know what is expected of them and it's usually for a specific time period. So, everyone gets what they want.

• I respect the hustle. gold diggers who are honest and transparent about what they want aren't bad people. Yes and they are basically borderline self employed girlfriend experience employees lol. But still I find em better than chicks who lie about what they want or cover it up.

• Show more from Guys
    46

What Girls Said 34

• please, as if those ugly, fat geezers think they stood a chance with a beautiful young babe. I mean, they KNOW they are being used. why don't you make a piece about men who accept the services of a whore? My only issue with this piece was that, okay, I expect a man, if he loves me, to pitch in a few dollars for my engagement ring instead of getting it from the dollar store.

I'm sure that you yourself have a pretty little ring on that finger, which i am sure cost slightly more than a few hundred dollars. And buying me a flower once in a while, or a tuna fish sandwich, would be great and shows that he cares enough about you to "waste" 5 dollars. Also, I of course would return the favour and buy him cologne, watches, shirts, etc. So when you say gold digger, be specific. It is common courtesy on a first date that a man who offers the lady to go to an expensive ass restaurant offers to pay for at least half the bill. I mean, I would be fucking pissed if the fillet mignon ended up costing me 200 dollars. let me know first if you plan on taking me to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant so I can ransack my bank account.

As for the rest of your Take, I agree 100 percent. Yes, gold diggers are whores. I would NEVER force myself to be with a geezer or a fat, balding man for money. besides, after law school i'll be making plenty myself.

• True. Why can't some people try to have a personality with goals and standards for the future?
    The problem i have right now is that many guys (and sometimes girls) call girls gold diggers (and other words like whores, bitches and ecttt) when their not. They add these stupid labels to hurt people when they just want to be with their partner and end the relationship. People should just go on with their life and not call them something stupid from a word they dont understand.

• why dislike my note and personal opinion? its not like i was being rude to anyone, im just sharing personal experience.

• There are lots of women who aren’t full fledged gold diggers but never expect to pay for anything and make men feel bad want some equal contributions to dating and relationships. May not be you, but it is a large large segment of women, and many men get frustrated by it

• @Paultripps i agree, of course there's gold diggers and woman who think they dont have to lift a finger. I wrote at the top saying gold diggers should try to actually achieve something rather then looks.
      I just dont like labels put on people i know around my work space.

• I'm too old to be a gold digger, good thing I'm educated and have a life 😂

• Ok, and will you also post an article on the males who pay for their services... or are you justt going o blame the women? they obviously have SPONSORS! ther eis a network of males who are so egotistical they think they can buy women or pay them to "hush". WHy not expose these males? sugaring wouldn't exist if these men were not willing to sponsor! just like prostitution!

• I agree. Guys can be gold diggers too... they're called fortune hunters...

• @Unit1 Gigilos are male prostitutes.

• Similar way to how sugar babies are just glorified prostitues then 😂

• I think people worry about gold diggers too much. Literally any girl that rejects a guy... Gold digger. Any girl who is from a rich family... An obvious gold digger. Wanna abuse your rich brat girlfriend? Call her a gold digger cause she deserves it. People seriously need to stop throwing that phrase out all the time.

I used to date a middle-class guy. He would make jokes about how rich brats are spoiled, rich dads spoil their kids and all... Could you imagine how much hurt I used to be being a daddy's girl. My parents never spoiled me with money even though they easily could, I am still cheap af and I don't get pocket money. I don't whine for new gadgets. I don't own anything extravagant.

Back to me ex, he would constantly call me gold digger even though I did nothing that he could call me that. I wouldn't even date his broke ass if I was. And when we broke up, he was like, 'so you got yourself a rich and handsome man?' it's been two years and no, I still haven't been with that kinda dude, I never will. My boyfriend now is golden tho, I'm digging his personality.

• It really doesn't matter. Let the golddiggers and the people who love them be. If a person is cool with taking care of someone in that way that is up the them. Golddiggers aren't hurting anyone. Now people who are out here manipulating people into doing something under false pretenses, those people are bad, but is a situation in which both are clearly aware, who are we to judge.

• Who gives a shit? People who give the money should care and that’s their problem. Stop judging people. It’s not your life it’s theirs. They can do whatever the fuck they want. You don’t know what another person goes through everyday.

• Honestly, it takes two to play tango. They are just taking advantage of what men have to OFFER them (money) on exchange for what men want FROM them (looks/sex).

If you disagree, just be sure to not be a sugar daddy and that's all.

• Geez give them at least some credit.. or would you like to suck the face or worse of a 90 yr old man for even a day? Lol

• Mmmmm saggy 80 year old titties. Oh yeah the best! I would any day.

• @DashboardLight Because 90 yr old men need loving too, and she's doing a service that most women isn't willing to perform.. I couldn't, so she gets kudos from me. I don't get why it's so hard to follow.
      I don't look down on prostitutes either. They are offering their services for a price. If there were no willing customers, they would have no business.

• @Max_winner1 You would make a great gigolo.

• Show more from Girls
    24