General Tips For Guys Attracting Girls

General Tips For Guys Attracting Girls

I am currently 17 and a high school student in Australia. Now, I initially started going on this page just for fun, but I realized that so many people from all ages valued my opinions highly, and I have received quite a few direct messages from people mostly on the topic of if someone is interested in them or how to make them. I thought I'd share some of these tips with you guys.

I'm sorry I can't give tips on any sexuality other than straight since I am a straight person.

General Tips for Guys for attracting girls

Of course, these things are most applicable to people from about 16-30 years of age.

1. Please, do smell good!!

Buying a cologne and applying it is easy and can be cheap. I have a couple of high-end brands of cologne, but for a good cheap starter, I would recommend Nautica Voyage.

2. Girls for the most part in my experience can be initially attracted to a guy's physical appearance, so please do put effort into fashion.

Anyone saying physical appearance has no effect is probably lying to themselves. Although it is only a small part of why a woman might be attracted to you, it can't hurt looking nice.

General things I see young women look for in a guy that would likely be applicable in most situations

3. Confidence, decisiveness, spontaneous and fun...

...being able to make her feel safe, being nice (omg!), chivalry, treats her like an equal, can be her best friend as well as her partner.

4. Anyone claiming they are a "nice guy" or saying they are "stuck in the friend zone", I would like to say that's an excuse most of the time.

Being "nice" shouldn't be an attractive trait; everyone should be "nice". If a woman doesn't want to be with you, it's probably because you're likely a boring person, and sooner you realize, the better. She isn't with the "bad boy" because she's into douchebags; he's probably a bit more interesting than you are.

5. Take charge!

Don't make her decide everything especially when you are already in a relationship, she probably wants you to take the lead most of the time.

Please direct message me if you need some specific advice on a situation, I would likely be able to help if you and the other person are somewhere close to my age range. Now for anyone wondering about my credibility, as a person who in the past has been through many rejections, learned what to improve on from them, and then for a period of time never got rejected by any of the girls which I liked for a couple of years before my current relationship now, I feel I am at least somewhat credible.

Of course, every girl is different, this may not apply to some people. However, these are good general tips that I feel some guys forget all the time.

General Tips For Guys Attracting Girls

1737

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 17

• 3d

Damn, well done. I`m sure lives would be changed if some guys followed these instructions!

• T_T I'm the type to really like a guy that isn't that cute but makes me happy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• In a relationship, happiness is 100% one of the most important factors that keep it going, so that is completely normal.

• 4d

You have pretty good insight for such a young man. You are on your way to being a true ladies man if you don't get jaded along the way.

• 2d

Omg hygiene is #1, be clean and smell at least neutral

• 3d

I agree with you, man. Spot on. Hope more people read this.

• Nice points :)

• Good points :)

• 5d

@xTom98 advises you to be a douche😂😂

• Good take

• Nice!

• Cute

• Very accurate. Nice mytake!

• 4d

OMG! You're spot on!

• 2d

Just be hot.

• Or just be hot lol

• I mean, you're not exactly wrong. Especially at this age, I guess. But takes a lot more than looks to sustain an stable relationship.

• 4d

Be hot? That's required in the bedroom. Not in the public I guess.

• I was wondering the same for girls to do to guys?

• There are obviously general traits that are most of the time attractive to both genders, but since I'm not a girl and have not experienced it from their point on view, I guess I can't speak on their behalf?

• Very nice take

What Guys Said 37

• 4d

First of all dude, why are you apologizing for being straight? Never, ever apologize for being a red-meat eating, beer-swilling, tits and ass loving man. From what you wrote, I gathered that you are trying very hard to appeal to what you think women want rather than just concentrating on developing yourself to be someone worth dating. Take it from me, put down your copy of 'The Game', stop prowling online forums and social media, and go join a bloody rugby club or something.

The reason you are not getting the results that you really want, is you are trying to create an attractive persona, and ostensibly when you see girls agreeing with this sort of shit on the internet, you might think 'Man, I am killing it' but then when you actually take a girl out, you probably can't figure out why the hell you can't get laid.

You are probably a pretty clever dude, that's obvious. In the absence of the regular presence of good paternal role models who women are naturally attracted to, you are trying to intellectualize the pursuit of women. So the first place you think to look, is to 'women', or other men who intellectualize the pursuit of women (in other words geeks). Neither of those two are going to give you good advice for picking up women. The best you may get from it is after enough rejections, as you've stated enough you might learn a couple of tricks.

You are 17. Read books about investment, focus on sport and your studies. Talk to girls just like you would guys. Have genuine interactions with them without gearing every conversation towards a date. Be more discerning with the women you will date. Have high standards but meet lots of people. If girls think you will hit on any pretty girl that shows you interest, then you are not a prize. Be rare and you will be desired.

Be like the cat, you need to earn their affection. They are hard work. If you make a cat like you it is an achievement. Don't be like the dog. The dog will love anyone, the dog is easy, the dog is your best friend but you will take the dogs affection for granted, time and time again.

Best of luck to you, young grasshopper. Concentrate on your VCE and building yourself into the kind of guy girls will brag to their friends about dating.

• 4d

Thanks, but honestly, I'm already got the results I wanted. It's not so much for me as it is for others. Back in year 8 till year 10 sometime, even though young, and as modest as it can sound, people will brag about dating me and people were jealous of the people close to me. It's only that once I met my somebody now of 2 years that I no longer want to be that popular person anymore, because I don't need to be. Then again, it's not so much what I'm doing that people brag about it, but more so the fact that I'm from a very fortunate family. I go to a top tier selective high school, live in the middle of the CBD, have a decent paying casual job for someone my age, and would say I'm decently physically attractive enough that past partners have shown me off consistently. Like you said however, it's that I have been through these experiences that I notice these things. Either way, thanks for your good luck and best of wishes to you as well!

• 1d

How do you know he isn't a sober vegan?

• i just got out of dating, ended on good terms cuz she didn't feel anything when we kissed she said she loves me but it went too quickly for her.
    fml!

• Take it slow in relationships; moving on too quickly can easily make the both of you burn out faster.

• she wants to try again, i'm gonna take her to the forest since she's told me once she likes going there i'm just gonna take her there put all the cards on the table and talk about it what went wrong and get to know her better since she's made it clear that's what she wants.

• 3d

I would just like to add that having a skill or interest makes you interesting to people who have a similar interest.
    Basically if you want to impress the rock climbing girl, take up rock climbing. But perferably find someone who already likes something you do.

• 5d

Literally delete all of this and type :
    1) be hot

There ya go.
    Girls brains operate like aesthetic seeking little thots. Anything other then your physical appearance means jackshit.

• 5d

Not bad.
    still needs some more figuring out to get more parts of the whole then you gonna see this only applies to those bellow a certain development point and above a certain point. also most points are relative.

• Impressive, teenage guys aren't usually this sensible. You pretty much got it figured out ;)

• What would you say qualifies as not being a boring guy?

• Depends on everyone's personal definition; but for example, a boring guy may text you literally the exact same thing everyday, do the same activities over and over with you everyday, always makes you choose the places to go to, etc etc. Being a fun guy may include things like being spontaneous as I mentioned, so doing new things out of the blue, experiencing new activities with your special someone, surprising them with gifts from time to time (but not too often). That sort of thing keeps the relationship fresh in a way and helps the both of you to maintain interest in one another.

• 3d

here's a tip: you're not actually good, you're just lucky. Its just as likely you do all these things and fail. You're almost certainly handsome and you think these tips will work for normal people, but they won't. You are lucky.

• 3d

Only 17 years old, you're still a baby, but your advice here to other young men is good and sound advice.

• 3d

tip #1 turn off computer
    tip #2 go outside
    tip #3 meet a woman in real life
    tip #4 if you followed the above 3 tips, your probably at second base by now

• 3d

3, 4, and 5 are all directly related. They are characteristics of an alpha male. At a subconscious level those characteristics are very attractive to females.

• 5d

You can't show chivalry and be equal at the same time

• 4d

I say you just be yourself and proceed with your life mission without giving a fuck about the validation you receive from women.

• 4d

My advice would be:
    - Don't get intimidated by women's frequent changes of mood. It's normal.
    - Assume the opposite of what they say.

• 5d

Hmmm, well am quite a silent guy as it comes. to approaching wowen so i guess thats a bad thing ahaha

• 4d

This was a great take, thanks for sharing this with us :)

• 5d

It's easy
    Just assume she is already into u but never tell that to her

• 2d

It summarizes all into one: How much $$$ in your bank account

• 2d

Your spot on mate and im seeing that girl and thanks for that thats a valuable point you got there

• 3d

Smelling good is a definite way to attract ladies they love a wonderful smelling cologne.

• 4d

I would agree with all of this, as someone who surprisingly actually has a girlfriend.

• 4d

I can't direct message bcoz I'm new here, yeah I want some advice from you. Maybe we can email.

• 4d

Also lift weights

• Great take

• 5d

Deception.

• 4d

Agreed. Really, if they don't like how we actually are, then they must leave. I wouldn't worry unless I get close to the age of getting married.

• 4d

@Q-tip-boy yea.
      True form is better, need not change our image for others.

• 4d

What if men play hard to get?

• 5d

Read how to be a 3% man

• Thanks a lot for info!

• 3d

My advice to you is to forget about girls. Study the advice of MGTOW and go your own way.

• 1d

What a cult

• 1d

@Tomblebee No not at all. feminism is a cult, MGTOW is the answer.

• 3d

I know and support all of these. However I have been applying them from the age of 15 and I never even had a kiss in my life. Im not saying its not true, because it most certainly is, Im just saying there are some guys who are so undesirable that they are beyond repair

• Show more from Guys
    7