5 Ways to Carry On After a Long-Term Relationship Ends!

There is probably no greater feeling in the world than to love and be loved in return.

Luckily, most of us have had the chance to fall in love, but we likely have also fallen out of it at some point in our lives!

Nothing lasts forever and only time can heal you. It’s okay to suffer now, to cry, and grieve, but you should keep in mind that not everyone who enters your life will stay with you until death do you part.

So, never base your happiness on others. If you expect others to make you happy, you will be usually be disappointed. So, take control and consider the following 5 healing helps for your heart.

KNOW YOU ARE STRONG!

Know you are strong, and know where those strengths lie.

We have all lost caring and sharing at some point in our lives, so, you are not alone! Losing the love of your life doesn’t mean the end of the world. It only means that there is a bright new start awaiting you, a new page of the book that remains to be turned.

It’s okay to feel weak for a moment but no matter what happens never ever forget that you are strong enough to stand up on your feet again!

You might think that you are covered in gloom right now, but the sun rises every single morning, so stand up and see it!

CRY, GRIEVE, BUT MOVE ON!

Cry. Grieve. Proceed.
Cry. Grieve. Proceed.

When it’s over, you are allowed to cry as loud as you can and as much as you can, grieve for some couple of days if you want, but you are definitely not allowed to blame yourself and keep thinking about what you could have done differently.

Don’t question the reasons why they gave up on the relationship, and don’t try to get them back. Don't give them another chance to play with your heart and emotions.

Acknowledge your sadness and sorrow, pour your heart out, but then leave all this behind you. Move on! There is no reason to linger in the loss!

KEEP YOURSELF BUSY AND YOUR HEART WILL HEAL!

Work through the moment with a workout!
Work through the moment with a workout!

Keeping yourself profitably busy can greatly help you to go through this hard moment. Go to the gym, meet your friends in that cafe you know you've been wanting to try, try a new hobby, open up that Etsy page you've been thinking about. Do anything and everything that will keep you busy and save you from overthinking and rehashing the past. Focus on the future! By doing this, you will feel better about your life.

Who said it’s the end? At every ending, there is a new beginning…… make the most of this new start!

CELEBRATE YOUR SINGLEHOOD!

Better single than stuck with the wrong person for life!

Life is too short to be lived according to someone else's social rules. You should never think about "settling" for someone who just isn't right for you.

It doesn’t really matter if all girls or guys of your age are in a relationship while you are not, everything will happen at the right time and in the perfect place.

If you end up being alone after a long relationship, then, maybe this is the best thing for both of you and you shall just celebrate it instead of crying over it! Start to enjoy life again!

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH HAPPY, POSITIVE PEOPLE

"Whether you can or you can't you are right". Henry Ford. Surround yourself with happiness!

So, if you are still reading this, you know that you are blessed and the heartache you feel now is only there to remind you of how strong you really are! Take care of the ones you love, and let them take care of you - - - - - the ones you need and the ones who need YOU. And be willing to give love a second chance when it seems the right time!

1021
Massageman is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Often, breakups are not really "personal" and one person just has to move on from it. Sometimes breakups are dealing with not having the other person in your life any longer. There was a lady I dated for over a year when I was in my mid-twenties. When we split up, it was real disruptive to my life because she and her brothers were a big part of my social life. I still hung out with her brothers but it wasn't the same.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

What Guys Said 20

• Well made. One of the most important lessons after a break should be "learn to be by your own". If you don't feel good been single, you are missing out the real porpoise of a relationship, which is not to feel complete with another person, is about giving the best of you and receiving the best of your partner without feeling the need to beg for that affection and emotional bond.

• Have been a single dad for over 3 years now , and binning my insufferable , lazy ex , was the best thing I ever did !! I am celebrating my permanent single-hood , I have no desire to even date... I have enough work / chores to do as it is.

• This is good advice- especially surrounding yourself with positive people.

• You make this up all on your own? LOL
    This doesn't do jackshit to heal the pain. You missed the entire need people have on a breakup.

• Cool take. I'll probably never have to deal with that situation.

• Rule no1... don't give a shit
    Rule No 2.. go back to rule no 1 whenever u forget

• Nice mytake.

• Was nice reading this.

• Nice relationship advice

• Interesting take

• I have never been in a relationship so far.

• nice take

• love is not love when you get

• That was a great article Ty.

• will save this for future referece

• Find somebody better

• I broke up (she dumped me) with one girl who could have been my wife four years ago.

As much as it hurt I have never cried about it. The thing is I wanted to cry about it (in private) but my eyes stayed dry.

• Good take! These things make it easier, but it is a long process...

• Thank you so much for this!

• Odd, never once mentioned to subscribe to pewdiepie? How else can you truly begin to heal?