12 Reasons Why YOU Are In The Friendzone

1. You put yourself in there.

Don’t blame your crush why you’re there. You pretty much put yourself in there. You are scared of rejection that she maybe out of your league or risk losing her altogether so you unknowingly chose the path to friendzone.

2. You are too available.

That’s what friends are for. To be ALWAYS there for you whenever you need a shoulder to lean on, a shoulder to cry on… Boo hoo. Get a life. That’s what you do. You are ALWAYS there. You don’t give her time to miss you or look for you.

3. You are too easy.

Whenever they ask you for something, you ALWAYS say yes. You drop everything for your crush, no matter what time it is, or the circumstances, you just say YES. No is not an option. Even maybe is not the answer. You’re scared she’ll ask someone else to do her the favor.

4. You prioritize your crush over everyone else.

You have other friends and family to hang with, but you like to spend most/all of your time with your crush. Your crush will think you have no one else that’s why you’re always hanging with them.

5. You are ALWAYS around.

Give your crush some space to breathe. Wow! Have a life. You’re not a puppy. Stop following them around.

6. You downplay yourself.

Your crush is too busy appreciating other guys around, that she is oblivious to a lovestruck Romeo head over heels with her because you’re too busy pleasing her yet you forgot to love yourself. Up your game! Love yourself, man!

7. You are blind to your surroundings.

Your eyes are dead set on your friend crush that you are blind to others who actually are attracted to you for you but they don’t matter. Wake tf up, handsome! You're one sexy beast!

8. You make yourself one of her girl friends…

Yes, you just earned yourself a spot on her best friends list. Congratulations! Might as well do a gender change and be one of her brides maids at her wedding day. Like fr.

9. You don’t have a life besides her.

Yes you have stuff to do. But most of your daily activities revolve around her. She is not the sun.

10. People always think you’re the gay bestfriend.

Ouch. What’s worse than that?

11. You are their wing man/bridge to THEIR crush.

Seriously? This is just desperate move, man. Hoping if they don’t work out, she’ll crash into your arms crying over him and she’ll realize you are the one. She ain’t gonna love you for this. Have some respect for yourself!

12. You have a hidden agenda.

Yes you like her so much and you want her in bed with you! You might not want to say it but you’re thinking it! You have so much frustration built inside you and the worst part? You don’t know how to tell her! She will never know it till you do.

Sure, you want to be her knight in shining armor. But you can’t be if you don’t show her your true feelings. That you want her all to yourself, not just as a friend but more than that! Let her see you are worth loving not just as the friend who’s always there for her, but a lover who is willing to love her and care for her. Nobody wants a pushover. Be the man that you are. The worst answer is NO. It’s her loss really. Not yours.

Thanks for the time reading, besties.

XO Pinay_Ako

1249
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Alpha females speak up early that they only see the guy as a friend. They don’t play dumb and string along (torture) the guy with false hope so they can mooch attention, free meals, someone to make the guy they really like jealous, etc. They let the guy know where he stands. Then it’s up to him if he stays or walks. He’s a self respecting alpha if he walks, beta if he stays.

Beta females do mental gymnastics either because they are too chicken to tell the guy the truth or worse (and more common) they are a selfish POS using the guy for their own ends.

Guys have to develop radar and self respect for this. The vast majority of women don’t speak up, they assume the guy is okay with the friendzone. Which sure as fuck isn’t. But fair or not we men need to move on fast if they sense the friendzone.

• I will say that many (if not most) guys are brainwashed at a early age to overpursue and kiss girls asses. I had to learn some very hard lessons but I haven’t been friendzoned in 10 years. I have had girls ATTEMPT to friendzone me but I’d didn’t accept it. I told them where I stood and moved on. There is no shame in that.

• Also I have friendzoned girls in HS and college. I didn’t want to hurt them so I didn’t speak up. But nowadays I always speak up out of respect. Had to do it two times this year.

Join the discussion

1248
  • The friend zone doesn't exist. "The Friend Zone is a psychological place in which you put yourself when you behave like a friend with the person you like, because you don't have the courage to behave otherwise."

And if you do have the courage to behave otherwise and she still doesn't like you... it's not the friendzone.. it's she is not attracted to YOU. GET OVER IT and stop blaming it on stupid stuff.

• A girl just explained that it's a real thing they do and you're denying it.

• It's still a real thing in the world that they have to navigate around. The friend-zone being real doesn't mean they can't take any responsibility.

• I believe both are true: a part depends on you, while it is also true that many women are quite hard these days.

Nevertheless I found your insight quite useful.

• so in a few words he is a sneaky beta cuck with an agenda and no self respect. an alpha men clarifies his intent and when rejected he moves on. he doesn't orbit the girl like a vulture ready to strike.

• 1) Stop trying to be her friend if you're trying to fuck.
    2) if she's not down, cut her off
    3) give nothing she hasn't earned
    4) see #3. Attention is included.
    5) See #2. Don't waste time
    6) Bitches come and go. You are a King
    7) Smash a 5/10 while waiting in the 8/10
    8) See #1. You are not her friend
    9) If you're a King, live and act like one
    10) See #9
    11) Get yours before you pass her on
    12) Tell her what it is. She can get with it or fuck off.

• i ESPECIALLY LIKE THE TOO AVAILABLE PART. YES WHILE IT IS NICE TO ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE AT YOUR BECK AND CALL, IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR THAT PERSON IT IS GOING TO RUIN YOU IN THE LONG RUN.

THE TUNNEL VISION - I SEE YOU ND ONLY YOU. THATS NOT HEALTHY, THATS SO STALKER Y

• Sorry to say, but the only way to escape the friend zone is stop treating her like a friend.

Basically cut her off OR talk to her like you talk to your boys, but men don’t actually want a chick who’s like one of his dudes.

• How about that one you forgot:

They want to be and REMAIN in the friendzone!

because:

1. This is the safest place to be. No one you do not want that will date you or flirt with you
    2. You can hang around without fear of being rejected for whatever reason
    3. No fear of being a friends with benefits only
    4. No need for excuses for being considered a friend only
    5. You do not have a crush or do not want to have one
    6. You are free of your movements
    7. You do not have to commit to anyone
    8. There is no pressure and/or expectation from you
    9. Flirting is most of the time leading to intimate relations on the long run and that is NOT what you want at all
    10. You are only attracted to the intellectual side and not want physical interactions

Is the friendzone not the best place to be after all?

I am sure that there are plenty of people that are looking to be in the friendzone but have a hard time getting into one

• Yes that one for sure. But this list is for the ones who only want to be more than friends with the girl...

• I agree with your take which, by the way, I find excellent.

If the person wants to move out of the friendzone, then this person, be it boy or girl, must work unilaterally on the issues that placed her/him into that zone in the first place and not expect others to do it for them.

Many of those unfortunate souls that wish they were outside the friendzone have an issue that needs to be overcome but that they find too difficult because they don't want to hurt themselves or others' feelings.

You stay in a friendzone because you are Mr. Niceguy or Mrs. Nicegal and life is a bitch because you often only succeed because you must step on others and/or your own feelings

• Thank you, amen sister :)

• I don't agree with point 7.
    You can't choose who you are attracted to. If you like one person you won't go for someone else just because they like you.

• U should do a 12 reasons why ur in the "familyzone" rofl

• oh fuck that's worse lol. There is no getting out of there

• Tbh i think it is...

• And i think "fam" is worse than both

• What happens if, as in my experience I got friend zoned because I ask the lady, in person two months before the ball; if she wanted to be my dancing partner at a ball. By the way the lady politely said no. and that she was going with her friends.
    How does one explain this situation?

• I think the "friendzone" is a decision more than anything. The person in the friendzone may be too scared of rejection? or maybe that person thought becoming a "friend" was the way to become something more. You just make your move to see if she/he's interested and then:
    1. you become a couple or
    2. you get rejected and move on

If someone stays in the friendzone is their choice, no one forces them to stay where they are.

• Way I see it, the friendzone is really more a mental state than anything else. In a nutshell, the friendzone is when you're friends with your crush and YOU LET IT negatively affect you either by staying in a dynamic that will only serve to hurt you or by refusing to get over it.

• If you receive a reject... time to eject !! Move on and forget them , No1 is bang on target , men sentence themselves to the Zone !!

• Number 1, and just the title answers the question, everything else is unnecessary. Everybody has to take a willing step into the friendzone in order to be there. As long as you never take that step, even if you are all the other things listed, you will never be friendzoned in your life

• Next up. Million reasons why women aren't with the right men. *reads the first sentence* "Don’t blame your crush why you’re there" Welp don't blame men you got yourself with him.

• Iknowright. This take makes no sense and can mislead guys.

• Because being a push over is not the only reason why men get friend zoned. Not talking about myself but in reality, it's just lots of women are entitled to make their choice and some of them even complains no body wanna approach them meaning they gain power by rejecting men no matter how much he tried. Just have to address something for your information

• as soon as i realize i'm being lead on, i'm gone.
    i don't like the friendzone and i don't care to get out of it, i am friends with a girl i asked out many months ago but that's because we can talk normally again and i'm not focused on her since quite frankly i already tried and she doesn't want a boyfriend right now so no reason to stick around that way.

• You all are talking about the friend zone but you all should really be worried about the... "Danger Zone":

• But if she liked me she wouldn't friendzone me... She would see us more than friends (even if I didn't try or make any moves on her)

I think a girl friendzone you is just her way to tell you she isn't attracted to you and only has mutual feelings for you

• I mean platonic feelings

• "not doing anything romantically or sexually to pursue her made her lose lose interest?"
      Yes, that's literally friendzoning.
      As a guy, I agree that "friend" status doesn't affect my interest in someone. But it's a thing we see girls do all the time.

Look at prisons. Men's prisons categorize by organization, races, teams, nationality, that sort of thing. In women's prison you see them form "families" older women take on the title "grandmother," dominant & aggressive women become "fathers," younger members become sons or daughters. That's an extreme example, but you see same kinds of categorisation in everyday life. We've observed that children learn their gendered behaviour primarily from mothers as they enforce gender roles the most. This is a thing.

When you act like a platonic friend they put you in the box of "friend" then later if you finally make a move you might find that she's offended by the idea that you had "a hidden agenda," as if it was a manner of betrayal on your part.

And if you haven't yet seen anything like that yet then just look at the points 2 & 3. It essentially states that even if she initially liked you, that always being their for her and helping her with anything she needs *hurts* that attraction. Because apparently "that's what friends do." Again, I personally don't relate to that. I'm perfectly capable of finding a friend attractive, but time and time again we see there's a psychological divide between "suitor" and "friend" in girls' minds. That transition from "potential suitor" to "friend" is exactly what friendzoning is.

• "I think if you're attracted to someone you still will be whether they make any moves or not"
      I mean, I would. I think most guys would. But you're assuming girls are like that too. Stick around a while and you'll see much to the contrary. Every so often you'll come across a question like "if he doesn't message me, should I just let it go." In other words, they can go immediately from liking you to disregarding you based on your inaction. Personally I would make every effort to talk to someone and really figure out if they like me but too often you don't see that in women. They will very quickly put you in a box if you're not careful and this is why you see all this advice about not letting yourself be in the friendzone: You have to fight it and make an active effort to be suitor.

"So how could you not trying to persue a girl make her lose interest and attraction to you"
      Ask women. You'll see countless examples of this. That's just how they work mang. surprise, men and women are different. This is why there's so much talk about the friendzone; because there's a world of guys that don't really relate to the phenomenon and end up dealing with this strange thing they don't relate to. To a guy, if you're an attractive girl, then you're an attractive girl and "being a friend" will never hurt that. Doesn't matter if you think it's childish or whatever, it's reality and we have to deal with it. Hence article after article about navigating away from the friendzone.

• I've been friend zoned a few times but not anymore..
    The best thing to do to avoid this kind of situation is to simply ask the other person if they want to be more than friends. If you aren't prepared to do that you deserve to be in the friend zone and have no right to complain. If she says "NO" move on.. There's plenty of other people out there...

• Okay. So to avoid this "friendzone" I have to pretend to not be interested and not be available. Duly noted.

• Nobody's saying to pretend to not be interested or not be available. Just have balance. Learn to say no.

• @MittenstheGlove Only works if she likes you in the first place or it doesn't matter what you do... so if you like her, just tell her... if she doesn't like you, just move on.

• lol, And this is why so many women come running to G@G when the guy they're with does them wrong ( bad choices). I can understand not wanting to ruin a friendship by dating but beyond that most of this list is nonsense.

• Dear men. BULLSHIT don’t believe this rubbish especially number one.
    You are friendzoned for one reason and one reason only because she choose to and that decision is because of her prejudice towards you nothing more or less.
    You don’t get friend zoned because of something you did it’s because she decided to.

• I think this is very reliable. I just am distressed at the tone of apathy. Especially because it mirrors the common attitude from women. I think men should reveiw and consider these things but women should address their own inhumanity.

• Did u miss...
    Many guys care, while she doesn't give a damn and do fake drama just to keep him on her side.

• Did u miss.
      Guys have a dream too.

Did u miss.
      Some guys literally sacrifice.

Did u miss.
      Love is not just making a girl as girlfriend and having sex, its seeing her smile all time.

• What I learned long ago is that if she's actually into you, she will rip off your clothes and bang you. If she isn't no big deal. Literally billions of women int he world.

• Well i learn what you are & how you view... N

• IF you are in the friend zone, don't work to get out of it. Just find someone else who is worth your time. Problem solved.

• Can you please write a take offering solutions rather than observational statements?

We have all heard this a thousand times. Why haven’t we heard a thousand times? WHAT TO DO INSTEAD.

• The opposite of what she says? Being too easy, hidden agenda, etc... How about don't do those things?

• You do that. And have fun, porn is a great industry to work in.

• @B15H0P Thanks but I hate unsolicited advice. I’ll do it if I want to.

• Nice points🤞 in my opinion, lots of guys never heard or thought about those and that's why they are alone 👍

• Or they are players and you aren't an easy target...

• The friendzone can be an excellent wakeup call for those that are crushing hard on someone that isn't interested.

• I wouldn't want to make a man play mind games. Some on this list is just games. If you are'friend zoned', She wasn't interested in the first place.

• Lol I just tell a chick how I feel usually and if it's a no go I'm honest and upfront I just say I don't dislike you but I don't make friends

• Rubbish. Women have agency; they make choices. Stop blaming it on men!

• Have people actually started putting labels on shit like this? Tf is wrong with people? I didn’t read a damn word of this tho. I don’t care to fill my head with nonsense.

• I have seen enough of these to know to keep my distance from women as anything but work friends, if even that.

• This just makes me think men and women have wildly different ideas of what a friend is lol

• you forgot, if they dont like your appearance its another, its happened to me at times 😂

• Because she's not attracted you. If you were attractive, she'd ride you at some point, if you were very attractive you'd easily one-night-stand her.

One should never bother with friendzone as it doesn't exist. It's just her not being attracted to you. Just proceed to next pussy, because trying to achieve anything without sexual attractive rises difficulty slider exponentially, requiring shit loads of time and money to get anywhere. Just forget this and move on. As a rule of thumb - if she doesn't ride you until 3rd date, just stop bothering with her.

• Or the most simple answer she is just not attracted to you

• Number one and twelve are not true. These are pretty consistent accusations levied against those in the friend-zone. There are women who I've asked on dates who have slowly shut down all flirting and sweet talk, so they can push me toward the friend-zone over a month or two.

Number twelve isn't true, because for one thing, I make it really clear I'm interested in her romantically, so it isn't hidden. For another thing, sex is nice, but it's never my "goal" when I'm getting to know someone. There are a lot of guys, who aren't fuck-boys, who feel the same way. But fuck-boys are the men women pay attention to, so they assume that their desperation to get laid must translate to all other men.

The rest of the points seem more or less accurate in my opinion though.

• The "Friendzone" just sounds like some whiny crap to me.

• im gonna make this real simple
    BE HOT
    HAVE MONEY
    OR STATUS

to women nothing else matters
    pick one of the 3

more like one of the 2

• We all know there is only one reason. She doesn't find you attractive enough. If she did NOT ONE of those reasons would matter.

Wanting to be around her often is "showering her with attention" when you're hot, stalking and smothering her if not.

Endearing becomes annoying.
    Kindness becomes weakness

Everything a handsome man would be praised for by women will get you ridiculed AND any assholish thing you might do will be seen as funny/clever when he does it.

Just consider this: There are men in prison for horrific crimes against women and children and these men have women sending love letters to them.

• "She doesn't find you attractive enough. If she did NOT ONE of those reasons would matter."
      This would be the reasons she doesn't find you attractive, that's the point. You get put in the friend-zone because of how girls think and how they reflexively react to you.

• @AllThatSweetJazz sigh... my obvious hard to comprehend point is if the guy is attractive, then he could be doing every single listed thing and women would see them as positives.

• I don't think so. I think it's harder to get friendzoned they they already like you, but it still happens and it certainly makes a difference if you're even close to average as a guy.

• I think these myTakes on the friendzone are getting out of hand 😂😂

• That is because. In today's age the main forms of relationship are : the bitchzone , the fuckbuddyzone, the fuckaroundzone and the mightaswellquitandjustjerkoffzone.

• What IF Im a puppy tho?

• You always have the best gifs.

• Love this! Nice one putting it into words x

• Yes oh yes great 👍

• 13. You're unattractive
    14. You're short

• More like 12 things wrong with this girl.

• That dog gif omg xD

• haha :)

Show More
10