It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

It's not the goodbye that hurts us, it's the years of flashbacks remembering the goodbye. That's bad to carry with you for years. That memory of seeing someone you love for the very last time in your life. What is the absolute worst way to say goodbye to someone you love? It's the most hurtful and horrible of any goodbye.

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

The most painful goodbye in the world was never given to you and, never explained.

This is a way of ending things. That will destroy a person to their core. It's one of the most painful things anyone could live with. Never knowing what happened to the person you loved who of course claimed they loved you too at the time. We understand and work best when there is a timeline, when we know that we start at A and arrive at B. We like that.

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

It gives us a false illusion of stability. Why would they leave without saying goodbye? What did I miss? but, most importantly what happened to change their feelings about me over night? I'd rather you tell me the truth and hurt me rather then tell me nothing and shatter me. You live a whole life of "What if's" wondering about a question or questions that you may very well never have any answers to. If you never see the person again, I'm sure you die wondering why they left you.

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

I think there is nothing more terrible in this world than waiting and wondering.

It creates expectations; it builds up fantasies; it puts you on pause. While consciously choosing to wait you pretty much stop yourself from doing anything else in life. His action (or lack of action, since he didn't say goodbye) is selfish and cruel. In a way, I know I was just so lucky to have him in my life at all. So, I shouldn't feel bad for myself or be upset that I ever even met him at all.

It's Not the Goodbye that Hurts

Honestly, If I had never met him, I would never have become the person I am today. However, inside, I am always going to have a hole, a spot in my heart specifically for him only. Even though he put me through hell mentally and emotionally, I will always love him, I will always miss him and the memories we have together. I want to thank him for those becaues, they are some of the best memories of my whole life. That is the one thing I do know for sure.

Love,

The Girl you didn't even say goodbye to

77

Most Helpful Guys

• This is very beautiful. I mean that feeling is not beautiful, of course.
    I have lived that life for two years.

"There's nothing more terrible in this world than waiting and wondering."

• That was beautiful Wowgirl. I to have a hole inside me like this.

Most Helpful Girls

• Great work
    I hesitated to read this but I did anyway
    It was like reading what I've been thinking of

Oh 😢 I shouldn't read it esp not in this mood

Join the discussion

55
  • Beautiful lady and beautiful writing.

• Great take! having experienced this myself a couple times it's like you took the thoughts outta my brain

• This was deep! Good stuff! and I love those pictures! How did you do those? I also thought about this too and I think that guys can have cold feet about relationships. Asking is the this the right person and getting scared. I blame lifetime movies for that. With girls falling in love with another guy before marring someone else making the "mistake" it does happen in movies with guys though too and it can make a person nervous about the commitment. Not saying it is 100 percent of the time but it could play a factor. Just a random thought

• I am thankful that I have not (yet) experienced what you describe here. Hope I never do.

• Thank you for sharing , your pictures are wonderful :D :-D :-P

• Beautiful pictures!!
    How did you make them?

Thank you for sharing
    xoxo

• Wow so deep and profound. I think ghosting is so immature and I agree that you should have closures.

• Nice Take. If a girl decides that she doesn't want me, or she doesn't want to be with me, I just turn off the emotional connection.

• Good mytake

• Very emotive read, thanks for sharing!