5 Red Flags You Should Never Ignore From A Partner Or Potential Partner

NEVER ignore red flags.
NEVER ignore red flags.

My experience with romantic relationships is very narrow. Those red flags I will mention are from my own experience.

🚩JEALOUSY

You only have a month dating that person, and there are already signs of jealousy. For instance, she/he doesn't like when you talk to other people from the opposite sex.

By questioning that behaviour you may get answers like: "is because I care for you",
"jealousy is not that bad, been jealous actually means you care for someone".

🚩CONTRADICTIONS

After you become official it may not be evident, and you will possibly rationalize the contradictions of her/his words with her/his actions.

She/He will say things, without really meaning it. Things like a promise, or an initiative.

Her/His words are gonna sound serious, but her actions are not gonna aloud you to take them seriously, however you will surely become confused.

🚩NO ONE LIKES ME

This red flag is among the most evident red flags and one that is going to appear later on. If it includes her/his family, reconsider her/his mental state, and the future of your mental health.

Remember you are not superman and that her/his issues shouldn't be yours to some extent. Support and encouragement are all you can give in this case. Whatever issues she has with the world, she should solve it with the assistance of a mental health specialist.

🚩MOVING ON TOO FAST

It has to do more with the first red flag I mention. When someone wants to be your SO in a rush, it can mean 2 things:

1) Mental problems.

2) No experience in dating.

If your relationship is online, you will never know for sure, until you meet in person. Be careful and don't rush it.

🚩A POOR RECIPROCITY

Don't get me wrong, a person who is not able to be reciprocal in a romantic relationship is able to love. Been so, understand that whatever is keeping that person back, don't have anything to do with you. It all has to do with fear and toxic experiences. Some fears and experiences you will know, others she will keep as a secret, and you may never know them.

Now that pointed out and explained the 5 red flags, we should all consider this quote:

Infuse your life with action, don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen (...)

Bradley Whitford

Every one of us has the right to be happy, but we also have the obligation to find happiness within our self.

912

Most Helpful Guy

• 13 d ago

Re: #4. Moving on too fast. Perhaps it could mean that they want to be "friends" to make someone else jealous then after using you, they'll dump you.

Most Helpful Girl

• 11 d ago

I love this my take. I see a lot of these qualities in my last relationship. It was only three months long, but it was a very unhappy relationship.

Join the discussion

811
  • 13 d ago

These are all very valid concerns which should NEVER be ignored!

• 11 d ago

I forgot to add one in particular 😅. Seen things black and white would be it. That view is toxic.

• 11 d ago

I agree. Nice take my man!

• 11 d ago

Nobody has the right to be happy. We have the right to seek happiness.

What is the difference between "no one likes me" and introverted? Are only social butterflies worthy of love?

You forgot an extremely important one: Two sets of rules.

• 10 d ago

"I said is a right because to be happy is a free option you can't neglect on no one else but yourself, and is an obligation to find happiness since no one can be in charge of your happiness. The responsibility to be happy is in your hands. And you're right, love is about giving, but it needs feedback. A tree can't grow without water, just like love can't grow without heed and care".

• 10 d ago

Now I understand, it is the attitude of "Nobody loves me--boo hoo for me." that's the red flag, not the reality of being someone who just doesn't need to have a large stable of "friends".

• 9 d ago

I was referring to that: "no one loves me, no one understands me".

• 11 d ago

I like this take.
    It made me think about a situation I was in. Fortunately, I had good people telling that I should be careful and I avoided a nightmare.

Thanks for sharing these tips with us! :)

• 10 d ago

"Poor reciprocity" That is me. It takes me a while to get fully comfortable with the guy. And if a guy is moving too fast it will eventually make me lose interest because I feel like he's too clingy and rushing. I like to take my time and I am a little suspicious too until proven otherwise about the guy. So I'm definitely that last one

• 8 d ago

Wonderful take! (^J^) Thanks for this! I really needed it

• 11 d ago

Reasonable. However...
    "Every one of us has the right to be happy, but we also have the obligation to find happiness within our self."

This is patently false. You don't have a 'right' to anything, and certainly not deserved or entitled. No, you get what you get for the effort you put in, just like everybody else. This is a popular meme with millennials, this engrained belief that they 'deserve' happiness, a successful romantic life, a job, and ad infinitem. It's just false, something instilled by over-protective parents.

And you are under no obligation to pursue anything. It's is an option, it is your opportunity if you CHOOSE to pursue it. And yes, this is surely a more successful option that relying on someone else to fulfill you, or make you happy.

Love is about GIVING. Not what you'll get. Most people have this backwards and then are greatly disappointed. Unreasonable expectations create unhappy relationships.

• 11 d ago

I said is a right because to be happy is a free option you can't neglect on no one else but yourself, and is an obligation to find happiness since no one can be in charge of your happiness. The responsibility to be happy is in your hands. And you're right, love is about giving, but it needs feedback. A tree can't grow without water, just like love can't grow without heed and care

• 10 d ago

Thanks for this Take. It's true that I take it very fast everytime I flirt a girl. :(

• 10 d ago

Nice take. I'm the last one though. It's super hard for me to come out of my shell and show how I feel.

• 12 d ago

Yeah I really liked the no one likes me. I know a girl like that, she is very difficult to even talk too.

• 12 d ago

Great take. I especially liked the last paragraph.

• 12 d ago

One of my dates wanted to sleep with me 2 days after our first date

• 11 d ago

Good take

• 10 d ago

Awesome mytake 😇

• 10 d ago

Great take.

• 11 d ago

Good take. Definitely agree with all of these.

• 12 d ago

trust.. honesty.. communication.. and respect..

• 11 d ago

We women are narcissistic masochists. We hate it when things are going well, especially if they continue to go well for long periods of time. We know down deep that we are fucked-up and not worthy of anything that is truly good. So when things are going well in a relationship, we eventually sabotage it. We just can’t help ourselves in this regard.
    We could have the greatest, most handsome, most well-hung husband in the world—a one-of-a-kind man who makes all of our girlfriends jealous; we could have the greatest children in the world, who are beautiful, well-behaved and ambitious; we could have the most enviable career imaginable; we could have all of the money and prestige and the truly good things in life, and we could repeatedly tell ourselves over and over, and believe, on the surface, that we would never cheat on our husbands. But down deep we know that it’s a lie. Because one day, we could walk into a grocery store, and some bad boy could whisper just the right combination of words in our ear, and the next thing you know, we’re at the Motel 6 getting it in the ass. That’s just how we are, and any woman—especially a hot woman—who says otherwise, is a liar.
    We want a man whom we can’t have. We want a man who honestly doesn’t give a fuck about us, who doesn’t care if we come or go. That’s the kind of man we will pursue. Call them bad boys or call them whatever you want, that’s the kind of man we want – period. The kind of guy who will make us orgasm, crudely, and give us a huge sexual thrill in the bedroom, and then discard us like used toilet paper, and fuck our female friends afterwards, just because he can. (Just like we would do with his male friends.)
    We lie about not wanting men with large penises. If we told the actual truth about the number of different men and women we’ve slept with, and if we told the actual truth about our fervent desire for big dicks, our pool of potential suitors would shrink drastically, to the point where it would completely dry up. So we lie. Most often, we will claim that we’ve had between three and eight sexual partners in our lifetime. And, to our way of thinking, it isn’t a lie, because if we had five sexual partners last Saturday evening, and our man asks us how many sexual partners we have had, and we answer, “Five”, well, technically, we aren’t lying.
    A woman will do just about anything, sexually speaking, so long as she is fairly certain she won’t get caught. For example, we will occasionally go out of town in order to rendezvous with a man we’ve been longing to fuck, and/or to have multiple sex partners in the same evening, and/or at the same time.
    This is something most women do, most especially. In our minds, it is a natural desire, and a natural thing, and so long as nobody else finds out, it’s “game on”. Women are receptacles for cock, that’s how we have been biologically designed. Nothing feels better to us than being completely filled up with multiple penises, than being the center of sexual attention, than being the object of unbridled group lust. Since it’s something we can’t risk doing on our home turf (don’t shit where you eat), we have to think outside the box, in order to get our boxes completely satisfied. And you might find this shocking, but many women – many, many women – have sex with dogs on a routine basis. This is just one example of how insatiable we truly are.
    I can see why you might not believe it, to which I say, look really hard at all of the women you know who have dogs. Look at women who have dogs whenever you see them out on the street, in the act of walking those dogs. Or at the park. You will notice that most of them have male dogs – the vast majority, in fact. This isn’t a coincidence. And look at all the female teachers who are exposed in the media for having sex with underage students. We have no self-control when it comes to sex – or anything else, for that matter. To our way of thinking, losing control is what makes sex great.

• 10 d ago

What

• 9 d ago

All women are different but there are a lot like that

• 11 d ago

My new girlfriend is teetering on some of these. She comes from a VERY screwed up family and was sexually abused growing up.

But she’s trying her hardest to be strong about it. Which I respect so much. But still I worry about this screwing her up and how it impacts our relationship.

• 11 d ago

I don't know much about my ex past. Sometimes I wonder if she experienced sexual abuse or any other traumatic event.

• 11 d ago

I know. And the more I ask the worse it is. She’s not a liar either.

So what do I do? She’s a very good person. What happened to her is not her fault. But if it impacts our relationship.

• 11 d ago

You will know. I can't tell you what to do.