How to reach your goals in life and be happy!

Welcome to this new myTake.
Here we'll be seeing some practical tips to reach your goals and make your own path to happiness!
It can sound overwhelming and a bit scary, but it really isn't once you have taken hold of the key elements to boost your confidence and reach your goals.
So let's get started on this journey of setting and reaching goals!

- Set your goals, both short term and long term

This is the first step.
The first question you should ask yourself is - what do YOU want from your life?
What are your dreams and aspirations?
If you already have them set in stone, good! We can move to the next step.
If you still aren't sure and are looking for your way in life, you can still move to the next step! How? Simple - set as your long term to be simply happy and satisfied, and short term goals aimed to reach some little victories.

In any case, now you are setting your goals. It would be ideal to set two long term goals and three short term goals - two of these goals as simple personal victories, and at least one to forward yourself towards one of the long term goals.

Yeah yeah, that's all fine and dandy. But HOW do we set our goals?
Let's see.

- How to set your goals

When you are setting a goal, you have to consider FOUR factors to properly plan your achievement.

• First - it's a short term goal, or a long term goal? You need to know in order to set a timetable for it.
  • Second - in your relationships, WHO can help you reaching the goal, and WHO can be an hindrance? Analyze the people around you and don't be afraid to ask for help from someone you know can and will support you, and avoid talking about the goal to someone who might hinder you.
  • Third - it is an ecological goal? Don't be confused, ecological doesn't mean whenever it will impact the environment or not; but HOW it will impact your life and the environment that is your personal sphere. Whenever it will have a positive or a negative impact on your ecology as a person.
    What will pursuing this goal cost you in term of time, energy, relationship, resources and money? Once you'll have reached your goal, will you have a net positive? Those are factors you'll have to analyze.
  • Fourth - what are the side effects of this goal? Are they negative or positive? If they positive, excellent! That's a plus!
    If they are negative, weigh them up and decide if they are an acceptable cost. If the negative side effects outweigh the gains, this means the objective is not ecological.

- Lay down your action plan

Basically, how you plan to reach that goal.
This is process is called laying down the action plan, and can be divided in three simple elements:

• Set an action plan you know you can reasonably follow
  • Consider who can help you or give you precious elements for reaching the goal, like a coworker, a friend or your teacher
  • Set smaller objectives you need to complete in order to reach the goal and reward yourself appropriately for complething those objectives

- Be ready for the obstacles

Even after all this careful planning and preparations, you'll probably run into obstacles and setbacks. Don't be discouraged!
After all, a challenge is not fun without... the challenge!
When you face an obstacle, even if it's easy to get discouraged, to panic or be tempted to give up, DON'T.
Who dares wins. Analyze the obstacle, measure in which capacity you can overcome it and if you logically don't have the capacity to overcome it, ask the help of someone you who know who can.
It's NOT an admission of defeat to ask for help. It's the intelligent thing to do because you recognize your limits in a critical and conscientious way. Like action movies where they say ''you drive, I shoot'', teamwork IS essential to reach some goals.

- Consider the after

You have reached your goal, congratulations!
But you have still one thing to do - consider the after. Has having completed this goal got you closer to your long term goal? Are you satisfied with your performance? What's the next move?
Also, don't forget to share the rewards and satisfactions with whoever supported you in reaching the goal! Sharing is caring and you'll strenghten your network of social, personal and professional relationships.

Keep it up and you'll find your own road to happiness!
You rock, you are awesome and I believe in YOU!

A hug from me,
Jean

13
9

Most Helpful Girl

• Secret6620
    Very spot on! I enjoyed reading your mytake. I follow many of the steps you have listed and it is a very effective way to meet my goals and aspirations.

Awesome mytake! And thank you for inviting me to read! You rock 🎸
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for your kind words, I wholeheartedly appreciate them!
      I'm happy you follow many of those steps, you are a very determined and goal-driven person!
      I'm sure you'll reach all your goals and life and are making your own path to happiness!

• Secret6620

So far so good! Hopefully I can keep this awesome momentum. Happy Friday!

• Yay! Thank you so much for most helpful girl! Happy Tuesday 🤓

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

129
  • This was a very thoughtful Take on setting goals. I would add one caution.

When you have a reasonably long term goal, such as 6-9 months or longer, and it consumes a part of your life (e. g., attending and completing college,) it is normal to feel a "let down" or some sadness when you complete the goal. That is because goal-oriented people define their life by their goals and you just completed and eliminated part of how you define yourself.

So, expect a little bit of sadness and be ready to administer the antidote to your depression: set another goal for yourself!
    • Thank you for sharing your opinion and your insights my friend, I wholeheartedly appreciate them!
      I particularly agree on the part about goal-oriented people defining themselves with their goals, that's why it's important to never ''stagnate'' and find a new goal!

• Brainsbeforebeauty
    Great take and great tips/advice👍👍
  • coachTanthony
    Nice read man.
  • Alright, sort of a pervy thing, but not even gonna lie, the reason I came was because of the picture of the 3rd woman right under the words "how to set your goals." Is she not wearing ANY pants? Is she only in her UNDERWEAR? Or is she just wearing really, really, really, really, REALLY short shorts?
    • I don't know honestly!
      I selected that picture because it was the right mix of beauty and intelligence; and G@G put it as cover picture.

• Ah, gotcha! Makes sense! And yeah, right mix of beauty and intelligence, lol. She's got AMAZING legs, and she's also wearing NO PANTS! :D Short shorts don't count as pants, lol.

And to boot, she's smart, has glasses, and likes to read! :D

• So truthful & powerful thank you for sharing this powerful information. You always speak from the heart 💜How to reach your goals in life and be happy!How to reach your goals in life and be happy!
  • Screenwriter
    Very wise My Take! You've already reached ONE goal!
  • menina
    Thanks for sharing these tips. They practical and simple.
  • Pogi-Paddy-2
    Very interesting and informative. My personal experience with reaching my goals are to focus at what is right in front of me. Basically it is just putting one foot in front of the other with a smile on my face.☯️
  • Twalli
    I was told to use SMART to plan goals.
    Specific: a gal that isn't vague like "eventually get a car". Specific like "get a car before 35".
    Measurable: you can see how much progress you've made towards your goal. Like in baseball the minor leagues have levels that you advance up towards MLB. You can measure how close you are.
    Action oriented: You don't have to rely on fate or luck. Your actions affect your ability to achieve that goal.
    Reasonable: If you work minimum wage, being multi-millionaire isn't a reasonable goal for you.
    Timely: it has a definite time that you aim to achieve it in, so it isn't drawn out without a set time it ends
  • Poppykate
    Clearly the girl on the sofa needs to set the goal of ‘purchase some underwear and pants!’ ... or maybe not. Lol 😂
  • EmotionOfFear
    Excellent, insightful, and helpful MyTake! Especially about the balance of setting both short-term and long-term goals.
  • lanadelrey25
    Very well written! And true
  • be sure to be born rich, grow to be at least 6" tall, and have the looks of a male model OR be born a really attractive female.
  • JosyJosy
    Truth :)
  • Powfu
    So believe in yourself and make plans about future,
  • simplesarah
    Good take Jean!!!
  • Jjpayne
    This was amazing! Thank you for posting it!
  • cicadas
    100% 👍
  • Itsroxxie
    Good take, a very good guide...
  • Massageman
    You've basically described a business model, too.
  • Anonymous
    I need to print this out and read it everytime, I suck at making make game plans 😅