How much physical affection do you need in a relationship?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• For me, it's quite a bit. There's a quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com that shows what things you need most in a relationship in order to feel loved. My highest score is Quality Time (doing things together), but Physical Touch (including holding hands, cuddling, and sex) is a close second so it's pretty important to me.

That was one of the issues that led to the breakup of one of my previous relationships. Her Physical Touch score was low and she just really didn't like much physical contact. I got frustrated because of lack of physical contact and she got frustrated because I was wanting more than she could tolerate. There were other issues too but that was one of the factors in the breakup.

2|0
    0|0
    • 6d

My highest is Acts of Service with Physical Touch immediately following.
      I'm a big fan of the love languages theory as a way to enhance and communicate in a relationship.

• Show All
    • 5d

Well i never had sex. So when it would ask those questions that seemed like sex I didn't choose it because I have not yet experienced it. Who knows in the future I may try it and really like it. My physical touch could probably be a 10 or 12. But yeah right now I'll probably avoid guys like that

• 5d

@BluesheepOwl OK, so maybe your results aren't accurate then if you always chose the "non-sex" option just because you don't know.

With the right person, sex is a wonderful thing. Hopefully some day you will find that person and then can take the quiz again and see what your results are.

• Need? I don't know. All I know is I can’t ever recall being irritated about having too much.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You can never get enough hugs and kisses from the one you love. if you feel suffocated with it because it's too much or you have bad experience about it, then communicate with your s/o so they don't feel rejected...

4|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think I need a lot of physical affection. Is nice to

1|2
    0|0
  • Lots

2|2
    0|0
  • More than I can ever seem to receive... lol

3|5
    0|0
  • Personally I need a lot. I enjoy holding hands and putting my arms around my significant other. Giving and getting little kisses on the cheek or hand for no reason is sweet. Laying next to each other and feeling the physical connect while watching a movie or if we are both reading is wonderful. Sleeping together and holding her during the night is a must as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots but I want space too. Like frequent bouts of touch, with elongated times of message or whatever. And physical being touch, connection time, snuggle up.. including me giving. I love to massage the other and receive. was one of the best parts of prior relationship, because it makes me feel in the now. I don't think of this as needy love, I think of it is giving. I don't need but I want... in my mind anyway.

A person who doesn't like or can't handle would be hard to deal with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Infinity. I want lots of kisses, Cuddles, hugs, hair/face stroking, hand kisses, etc. I seriously love the affection my boyfriend provides me ☺️ I'd kiss him all day if I could.

1|3
    0|0
  • Not much. I've never been the "touchy feely" type, so I'm okay with cuddling in moderation, kisses, and maybe hugs as needed.

But too much affection feels like I'm being smothered!!! I need my space too, as I'm sure most guys do too, lol

2|0
    0|0
  • that's up to all parties involved. some relationships are very loving and affectionate despite not having too much physical interactions. while some that have a lot of physical contact contains a lot of anger and hate. physical contact isn't a way to measure how well your relationship with someone is. just do what you, and your partner, feel is comfortable

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much it makes me uncomfortable. But after I become comfortable w/the person I can open myself up to it. Once in a while Ill date someone whos really touchy and I find my self doing the same. Im, not the one for kissing in public.

I mean no one wants to see that -_-

1|0
    0|0
  • How much? hummmm... whenever i see him, i like to hug, touch. Every opportunity. Why not show love all the time and freely because there are times we will not be together.

1|1
    0|0
  • I love affection but love giving it more than getting. I’m a words woman... I give both but most men I am involved with or I attract need physical affection and I’m happy to oblige. #giver

1|2
    0|0
  • A lot but I'd like my space at times, and I'm sure he would too. Kinda hard to get/give enough attention in a long distance military relationship though :(

1|0
    0|0
  • A LOT!

1|3
    0|0
  • I want both romance and sex. It should be consistent and not seen as a "chore".

1|2
    0|0
  • I like being hugged, I love cuddles. Sex of course... but I do need some time alone sometimes. So maybe not 24/7 but enough to make me feel loved and safe.

1|0
    0|0
  • Enough to know they actually care about me and aren't dating me cause it's nice occasionally when they're lonely. If they only show it in return but never of their own accord, move on.

1|1
    0|0
  • Can't lie; I need alot! I'm very mushy-gushy.
    I have two very loving and affectionate (yet sometimes smothering ) parents so I'm used to affectionate attention. 💗

1|0
    0|0
  • Plenty. I don't want to be glued together all the time, but I do want plenty of physical attention. I'm not good at expressing my feelings with words, so I need touch to do so.

1|0
    0|0
  • How do you measure it?

Women connect emotionally.
    Men connect physically. This isn't to say they don't have emotions, no, but it's just not the same as women. It's a basic gender difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like a lot.
    How much do i need. Depends on relationship. As long as i know we're still on the right path then physical affection isn't as important

1|0
    0|0
  • Decent amount I guess.
    I just don’t like cuddling.
    I get overheated too quickly and I can’t stay still for that long lol.
    Anything else is cool though

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind keeping it check at proper times, but I like a lot of physical affection in general.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot. I'm very touchy, I love physical contact, kisses, hugs, cuddle, touch... I just never have enough of it.

3|0
    0|0
  • I love physical affection so i’m not going to put a limit on it ☺️🥰

1|2
    0|0
  • I've been kissed and hugged very minimally in the last year and a half. I miss it a lot. Then I remember I'm a psychopath so it's probably better I'm alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a pretty basic guy, I enjoy holding hands and the occasional kiss in public. I'm not big on making out in public, I don't judge people who are into that kind of thing it's just not something I'm into.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was deprived of affection as a child. So verbal and physical affection is a Huuuge thing for me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Constantly, any time we are together. Any and all forms of affection are welcome 24/7.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the day and the mood. But I am sure I would enjoy of a lot of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I like lots for most of the day, but other days I only want some. I like it when going to sleep almost every night.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the individuals in the relationship. So couples function with very little, some function with a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she’s not being a brat, I’ll give a girls as much kissing and cuddling and corny hand holding as she wants 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I can confidently say that I haven’t experienced enough to even know that for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • So long as they have a good personality and appreciate me for me that's more than enough for me to be happy with 🙂

1|1
    0|0
  • I dunno, I guess once a day, anymore would be a bonus

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel physical affection is very important in a relationship , it helps each other feel closer to each other. Not saying You need to have sex everyday but even if you aren't in the mood for sex and your partner is you should still hold them and Kiss them on the head and say not tonight honey i am not in the mood it's when there is no affection that makes your partner feel like is wrong. When affection leaves a relationship then that opens doors for negativity to enter , why I always say cpuples should always make each other their number 1 priority removing selfishness is what makes Love grow

2|0
    0|0
  • Not a lot. I like having space and room to breathe. I wouldn't mind holding hands while walking somewhere. Wouldn't mind kissing a couple of times in the day. I wouldn't mind having his arm around me while we watched a movie or cuddles while we watched a movie. Though I don't like cuddling in bed when I sleep 😅 I like to have space. Not a fan of making out. And holding hands the entire day is annoying. Like especially when I am driving the car and the guy tries to hold one hand when I feel more comfortable having both hands on the wheel.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I get a boner when I am with a woman, I know I have sufficient physical attraction

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex got really fat for a while and even if we did not break up until years later, I noticed the sex was less during the time she was fat.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it. Maybe not so much pda. But I love it other wise.

1|0
    0|0
  • Constant physical affection with those sweet lips and mouth

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much at all. That need has faded a lot as I have become older.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to hold hands. I want to be able to hug them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sex twice a day keeps doctor away 🤟
    Then alots of kisses and hugs 🙏

1|0
    1|0
  • When it's mutually felt it's beneficial but some space is needed. Blance is a key

1|1
    0|0
  • A reasonable amount, I wanna have lots of touches and kisses and cuddles but only some of the time otherwise it’s suffocating

0|0
    0|0
  • l want to give all of mine to only one girl? and get lots backlol

1|0
    0|0
  • I really think it depends on the person for some people people need a lot of validation physically some people don’t and it depends on the other person as well if the other person wants physical affection and you don’t mind giving it or vice versa it’s really a personal preference and what you’re comfortable with personally I’ve never been very physical as far as kissing and hugging with anyone but I feel that it does deep in a relationship now if you’re speaking about sex that’s a whole Nother topic

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to want affection. No one will give it, so why want it?

1|0
    0|0
  • Daytime: Hold Hands and Cuddle
    Afternoon: Chill on sofa
    Night time: Spoon

Result: win

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes