How much physical affection do you need in a relationship?

4266

Most Helpful Guys

• For me, it's quite a bit. There's a quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com that shows what things you need most in a relationship in order to feel loved. My highest score is Quality Time (doing things together), but Physical Touch (including holding hands, cuddling, and sex) is a close second so it's pretty important to me.

That was one of the issues that led to the breakup of one of my previous relationships. Her Physical Touch score was low and she just really didn't like much physical contact. I got frustrated because of lack of physical contact and she got frustrated because I was wanting more than she could tolerate. There were other issues too but that was one of the factors in the breakup.

• 6d

My highest is Acts of Service with Physical Touch immediately following.
      I'm a big fan of the love languages theory as a way to enhance and communicate in a relationship.

• 5d

Well i never had sex. So when it would ask those questions that seemed like sex I didn't choose it because I have not yet experienced it. Who knows in the future I may try it and really like it. My physical touch could probably be a 10 or 12. But yeah right now I'll probably avoid guys like that

• 5d

@BluesheepOwl OK, so maybe your results aren't accurate then if you always chose the "non-sex" option just because you don't know.

With the right person, sex is a wonderful thing. Hopefully some day you will find that person and then can take the quiz again and see what your results are.

• Need? I don't know. All I know is I can’t ever recall being irritated about having too much.

Most Helpful Girls

• You can never get enough hugs and kisses from the one you love. if you feel suffocated with it because it's too much or you have bad experience about it, then communicate with your s/o so they don't feel rejected...