Does a bad love experience changes your attitude and views on relationships and people overall?

Vesuvius87

My first boyfriend wronged me badly and ultimately even wanted to go after my money too. He really ended up being literally a terrible person, worse than just a player. I ended up hating him so much like never before that I sought a psychologist in the beginning.

Even though I'm now 9 months into my 2nd relationship, I never let my guard down completely with anyone ever again. I don't want to invest too much for nothing. I have still have standards but not too much expectations. If it doesn't work out, there is the door and I'm not going to cry about it. I don't share every single sad details of my personal life (ex: the time I got bullied at school, what my ex boyfriend did, my parents' rocky marriage, etc) with anyone. I don't give in too much. If I had to share details, then only tell him or people positive things. Lastly, I don't believe in passionate love anymore; it's immature and short-lived.

I feel as if I've forever changed. Is this a normal aftereffect?

Updates
2 mo
Basically it's like I've become more cautious by now, don't give too much and handle everything with care. I'm guarding myself and won't make myself vulnerable with anyone.
Does a bad love experience changes your attitude and views on relationships and people overall?
4 Opinion