Wicca Series (Part 10): More About Spells

So a few weeks ago I had a request to go more into spell work and how it works. So here I will be talking about what makes a spell work, types of spells and a few more examples of them.

So a spell is the build up of energy and then the release of said energy. When one creates a spell you are suppose to cast a circle around your space, like you do in a ritual. This circle acts as an invisible barrier to the rest of the world. It allows the energy created to be contained in one spot and build up. You can create more energy by doing a spell with a partner or group. Before you do your spell work you can also ask for gods and goddess to lend you their energy, along with the elements, spirit guides, or any other spirit. Also, different days of the year (like full moons) have more energy in the air already. Depending on the spell there are different ways to release the energy but most typically the energy is released by ending the circle.

In Wicca one of the things we like to do is relate things to colours. Our different types of magick is divided up by colour type. There are 5 main types of magick.

Red Magick:

It includes Love spells, fertility spells, and sexual spells. Red magick is typically meant to further relationships and to attract love. Can be used for both positive and negative magick.

Green Magick:

It includes money spells, luck enhancing spells, and success spells. Green magick typically encourages money into our lives one way or another. If you feel your palm itching it may be a good time for one of these spells. Can be used for both positive and negative magick.

Purple Magick:

This type of magick is for protective spells. It can be used for personal success or controlling others. This type of magick is typically meant for bending peoples will and getting people to do things that benefit you. It is considered to be the poor mans black magick.

Black Magick:

This type of magick is for revenge spells, jinx spells, and curses. Black magick is magick of ill intent and is only used negatively. There can be serious consequences for using this kind of magick.

White Magick:

This type of magick is for protection spells, healing spells, and blessing spells.This type of magick is meant to help yourself and others. This kind of magick is only positive.

Other Types of Magick/Spells:

Candle magick, elemental magick, herbalism, potions, kitchen magick, knot/cord magick, necromancy, jar magick, and sigil magick.

Here are some links to different spells for examples candle magick spells, Money magick spells, Earth elemental magick spells

Anyone can cast spells. You don't need any fancy equipment. You don't have to follow a spell recipe exactly. The successful rate of spells is based more on the intent of the spell, the concentration, and the build up of energy, over exact directions. You can do everything the spell recipe says to do but it can be unsuccessful. Concentration, a clear mind, the right emotions, realistic desires, etc will make a spell successful.

Something to keep in mind, although I did list all of these types of magic, this does not mean all of these types are types that Wiccan's use. I am going to be a little biased, maybe, here and state a possible opinion, as fact, but Wiccan's firmly believe in harming none so no proper Wiccan to me would ever partake in any form of magick that would hurt others or manipulate other's will.

I really encourage anyone reading to leave a comment or message me with any questions you have about things you've heard in your day to day life, anything I've talked about you want to know more on, anything you want a Wiccan's thoughts on, etc so I can help give everyone the answers they need to best understand Wicca. Now talking about topics, next mytake will about the Wiccan rede and the break down of what each part means.

Check out some of my earlier posts through these links: Wiccan Rituals: Part 9, Divination: Part 8, Altars and tools: Part 7 , Witchcraft and Magickal workings: Part 6

35
Zendrya is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• 6d

Finally, I'm glad there are others who know that magic is not just black and white, there are other types too. What can I say, outstanding Take ✌️

• 6d

Yay! Been waiting on another installment of this series!

Fascinating, I never knew there was so many types of magick, I always though it was just black and white, interesting to learn that it's much more than that.

Another amazing installment in the series ^_^

• 6d

Thanks! Sorry about the delay I was sick and schools been crazy.

• 6d

That's okay, I just hope you're well again.

I'd be more concerned about you getting well first, you can always come back and write another take ^_^

• 6d

You're so sweet :) thank you

• 5d

Thank you for this series it's soo informative.

• 6d

Thank you so much for sharing!! I love these takes. My questions are. Arethere different levels of Wicca? Or certain things you need to learn before you should start using spells? Are there certain spells a person should try before others?

• 6d

I can't really make a take out of this so I'll just answer this here in the comments. In Wicca there are different traditions. Like there are different christian traditions (Catholic, baptist, united, ect) and those traditions is wicca believe in various things. In my wicca I don't believe in levels but in some traditions there are different levels once of them being high priest/priestess. There's nothing you technically need to know first to do a spell... But lots of research helps and being able to meditate at least a little helps. You can start anywhere spell wise but I think knot magick is a good start.

• 6d

Thank you for answering my questions I really appreciate it.

• 6d

no problem. Hopefully I answered them fully.

• 2d

Isaiah 47:8-14
    8 “Now then, listen, you lover of pleasure, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, ‘I am, and there is none besides me. I will never be a widow or suffer the loss of children.’ 9 Both of these will overtake you in a moment, on a single day: loss of children and widowhood. They will come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and all your potent spells. 10 You have trusted in your wickedness and have said, ‘No one sees me.’ Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you when you say to yourself, ‘I am, and there is none besides me.’ 11 Disaster will come upon you, and you will not know how to conjure it away. A calamity will fall upon you that you cannot ward off with a ransom; a catastrophe you cannot foresee will suddenly come upon you. 12 “Keep on, then, with your magic spells and with your many sorceries, which you have labored at since childhood. Perhaps you will succeed, perhaps you will cause terror. 13 All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. 14 Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. These are not coals for warmth; this is not a fire to sit by.

• 2d

If you're so intune with your God you should know he wants you to love thy neighbour and that he says he is the only one capable to judge for you are just as much a sinner as I. So get off your high horse and peace out. Don't comment on stuff you know nothing about. But next time I feel like reading some stupid scripture I'll make sure to come to you, oh self righteous anonymous user.

• 2d

Lol it isn't 1700, best of luck.

• 2d

you'd be surprised how many people preach bible verses at me seriously :p thanks

What Girls Said 3

• 2d

Great job on the spell story

• 6d

Thanks for explaining how to cast spells :-), I understand things better now.

• 6d

I'm glad! If there was anything I didn't clear up that you wanted to ask about let me know :)

• 6d

Thanks for explanation :-)

• 2d

During the past year I was starting to get into wicca, but I had some really horrible, scary, bad stuff happen so I completely abandoned it, burned everything, and buried the ashes. I even had to call a Catholic priest to help clear my house.

This is not to say that I think Wicca is bad or that anybody who practices the craft is, bad, just for me it was not the right thing. Which is a shame because there's a lot of good in it.

• 2d

I don't know you're story but if something bad happened it doesn't seem like you were practicing Wicca... Sounds more like just a bad type of witchcraft. I say this because the main idea of wicca is do all that harm none and the 3 fold law. So if you're doing good only good should come to you. It's when you do bad that something happens negatively. Sounds like to had a bad encounter with the 3 fold law, not wicca.

• 2d

That's still not an issue of Wicca though. That was an issue with the craft. To each their own though.

• 2d

Yeah. I just decided to quit.