Why the bible says you should not lie

Why the bible says you should not lie

The bible says when you lie to others and are believed that you in turn will also be lied to and believe the lie

I used to know a guy who lied all the time about everything - he dated a girl that was so obviously cheating on him you’d have to be one years old not to figure it out

But because this guy lied so often he had no sense of truth, he was totally blind to the fact his girl was cheating on him and would never marry him and he wasted over two years dating a cheater

He’s approaching his 50s soon and still cannot find a wife because he lies about everything and girls are not attracted to liars

And the dumbest part of this is he lied to make people like him and instead of being liked for lying, he is hated by so many he cannot find a future wife or impregnate a woman and have kids

My other cousin made millions and could not find a husband until she had dated over 80 men because she lied too - she got married to another liar and 8 years later he divorced her because she lied about not wanting kids when she was actually infertile but afraid he would judge her if he knew the truth

A 50 year old who cannot find a wife after 30 years of chasing girls

A millionaire who cannot find a husband despite being obsessed with clothes and fitness

This is why you shouldn’t lie

Why the bible says you should not lie
10
1

Most Helpful Guys

• Agreed, lying is not good. It's hard to trust or fully know a liar. However, white lies can be the grey area. I've referenced the movie liar liar before. In that, he went to girl, "the reason everyone likes you is because you have big breasts". While that may be true it is not exactly the thing you tell people or that "you look depressed because your family member died right? " sometimes stating the truth outright is a little harsh at times and there is the classic "does this dress make my butt look big?" How are you supposed to say yes even if it does? Do you say yes to that? But then again I think there is an art to leading language, saying something that does not answer the question directly but is truthful yet helps to answer the question
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

• Citizenkirk
    I agree, lying isn't healthy for anyone, list of which the liar.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

18
  • talloak
    I can push this idea a step. In the Gospel of John, Jesus says that those that lie or who love lies are not the children of Abraham that they claimed, but children of the father of lies, that is Satan. I think of that every time I hear a Trump supporter claim to be a Christian. Jesus says otherwise and he is the world’s foremost authority on who is and is not a Christian.
  • JackSmy
    LOL!! OK! I am not judging in any way! I remember an episode of 2 and a half men, when Burta said, "the only time you should ever be completely honest, is when the Paramedic is looking down at you and asks 'what did you take, and how much?'" LOL!
  • Pete671
    Great post, but I don't see why the Bible says you should not lie, it says why you shouldn't, but not why the bible says this? am I missing something?,,,
  • LEADFOOTboi
    nah... lying just sucks... and makes everyone dislike you and distrust you...
    i wanna be one of the most trustable peoples ever...
  • timlinkc
    The Bible does not say that. Lying is a sin. It’s a commandment.
  • martinxdenver
    Bible never actually said we should not lie
  • collie22
    we shale not bare false witness also don't judge
  • David_Bayer
    It was convenient for people who wrote it.
  • Anonymous
    cause it will bite you in the ass

nothing ever changes