How to respect bad people when the bible tells you too

I learned this from a co worker: An extremely good looking married man wanted to buy a card and a gift for a morbidly obese and sick unmarried co worker when the overweight cow worker was sick at the doctor’s one day and other workers also treated her very well but treated me poorly because I was new and was prone to making far more errors than them and this is a principle I’ve extended from this situation: That you treat people with the courtesy you are able to offer and the respect they are due, without entertaining hypothetical queries in your mind about their social value or moral goodness. As the bible teaches both evil and good people need water on their crops and both evil and good people need sunlight to grow and see.

Some people think the book of psalms and proverbs is a judgmental book that instructs you to hate and condemn those who do wrong but that is not the case. The book of psalms gives provisional advice about how to disarm drama when drama comes hunting for you, it is not meant to give you ammunition to initiate drama when drama is unnecessary.

The curses in psalms are provisional guidelines for setting up mental and emotional barriers and social boundaries between yourself and those who act dishonestly or corruptly, not as an excuse to vilify them or boost your ego by comparing your religion to their shameful carnality, but as a method of mental protection to shield yourself from damaging and wicked infiltrations by those who do wrong by assuring you they are not higher or more influential than you in the grand scheme of things.

The book of psalms is a provision for boundaries and deliverance from harassment, not an unnecessary, ego boosting excuse to hate and demonize those who mean you no intentional harm.

No bible verse ever encourages hate towards one who does not hate you. None.

6
2

Most Helpful Guys

• Jjpayne
    I think it's always good to treat people with respect and kindness. God wants no one to parish but everyone to follow in his way. That being said, I think God looks at the person apart from the sin. God wants them. So it's good to come in it from that mindset
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

• Anonymous
    Not to judge them when society says there bad like how society says black people are bad but they could be the opposite
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

24
  • TOTEMPLASTER
    1. "the overweight cow worker"
    -- That was a brutal example of a Freudian Slip.

2. The Bible is quite useless as a guide for anything as it is loaded with contradictions and inconsistencies. Given the amount of rapes, murders, slaughter of innocents, for a start, it actually qualifies as one of the greatest works of pornography ever compiled.
  • Hydra6544
    People always need to remember the golden rule
    “treat others the way you want to be treated” and I would say to take it a step further and say treat others the way Jesus treated others.
  • Horny-ashell
    The way I see it is that we should always respect people and it's not our place to judge. At least that's the way I treat people.
  • Exterminatore
    The Bible never tells you to respect bad people. It tells you to love your enemies.

““You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:43-46‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    The word love there being the Greek word Agape. The meaning of this passage is that we are love our enemies, meaning to seek their highest and best good. To be altruistic towards them. To pray for them.

Loving your enemy is different from respecting bad people.
  • dnesjesobota
    dont listen to bible. rely on y
  • Anonymous
    I think it mentioned to be wise as well. It doesn’t say to let yourself being humiliated by bad people.