How I understand the idea of materialism in religion

To me when Jesus drives people out of the marketplace, he is saying you cannot serve both social status climbing and spiritual status climbing, that what God honours differs from what humans honour and what humans honour differ from what God honours.

This does not mean that faith and success cannot intersect and coexist together, because they most definitely can, but there are many cases of wealth or righteousness that do not overlap. Often times, a very good person could be neither beautiful nor rich and often times a very beautiful and rich person could be neither good nor humble, so you have to choose whether you want to be devoted to God’s kindness or whether you want to be devoted to riches and wealth and God also drives out those who refuse to give up their wealth and pleasure for the kingdom of God.

3
0

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    Yes God is all about order and love. Our order and love is like chaos and hatred when compared to God's.
    Is this still revelant?
  • I agree, it's good to practice humility and kindness in any soical status
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

01
  • awebee
    i just want to say you are one of my favorite contributors to this site..