What the bible says about Anger

jennifer_bloom
What the bible says about Anger

I’ve been kicked out of Christian chat rooms before her for being confrontational and argumentative with people who were attacking me and trying to make me look bad and the room operators misunderstood one fact about Christianity which is that Jesus and God himself expressed anger many times in the bible and so did guys like Moses and Samson and David and Paul, meaning anger is not always an indication of bad moral issues or immaturity.

The bible does not say not to get angry, what the bible says is when you are angry, be mature about expressing and reflecting on your feelings and do not sin against God in your desire to understand and confront your anger, I will give you two examples from my own life, I was tempted to curse my cousin who has disrespected me in my own home for almost 16 years because I have never been abusive or mean towards anybody in my family and do not deserve so much hatred and resentment. Later, after pronouncing cursed over her, I read a bible verse that condemns people like her to hell for their disrespectful and pretentious attitude towards life and I realized God already said in his word, that my cousin would be punished for her disrespect towards God, (if she does not change her ways and offer restitution for the times she mistreated me.) I did not have to condemn her for her disgusting attitude because God already condemned her on her bible.

There was a group leader at the community I was in who would at least 3-4 times a week, mute me in zoom conversations when I was not being disruptive if I simply talked out of tune and I usually only talked without permission if I had already raised my hand for more than 6-8 minutes without getting called on to speak but other people would not raise their hand at all and be allowed to talk a dozen times or more during zoom groups and even though I did societal studies at a top school, she kept telling everybody I studied theology because she did not want to believe I was intelligent enough to study anything else at a school and I asked God to punish her one day after around a year of being disrespected by her. Later I read a part of the bible that says if you are treated unfairly while serving and doing God’s will, God will compensate you for what you went through and your reward will last far longer than your social problems, that made me feel better about the constant way this lady discriminated against me in zoom groups.

Understanding the bible has also helped me to forgive my parents who abused me so much that I only dated one person in my entire life because of my mental reactions to their abusive behaviours. So it’s okay to be angry, but your anger has to be understood with biblical knowledge so that it can be contained and channeled in proper and morally correct ways. These days I deal with my anger by remembering God will punish my enemies so long as I refuse to take the matter into my own hands and the only time he won’t punish them, is if I’m compensated for what they did to me, or they never actually mistreated me, I wrongfully assumed that they did. That is how I deal with my anger.

What the bible says about Anger
3
1
1Girl Opinion
3Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• jj-bnobb
    Ecclesiastes 3King James Version

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. Anything you do make sure you do it ridiculously that's the best way I can ever explain it.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Marhaban-1
    I think anger is seen as fine as long as it doesn't take control or break commandments or healthy ways you should live your life
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

11
  • purplepoppy
    Have you considered the possibility that the reason you've been kicked out of several chatrooms, churches, bible groups and regularly shunned by ministers (rumour has it the popes excommunicated you too) is that you're not a Christian but demon sent to spread discord.
    • yofuknutz

Normally I disagree with you but I fear in this case you might actually have a valid point she has a point guys if you're always sowing Discord you really need to take a hard look at yourself believe me I do everyday that's why I have a mirror that's why I don't bother cleaning the mirror either.

• Birdlegs
    didn't God flood the world and also completely destroy a city when he got mad a couple times?
    • yofuknutz

Yeah but not for nothing the town try to have sex with the Angels I mean seriously fucking angels.