Why understanding the bible is sometimes so difficult

jennifer_bloom

I find for me, discovering the meaning of bible verses came to me accidentally, while reflecting on how my contact never tried to improve herself as a person, I realized salt was a symbol for self-improvement; While realizing that many people liked to listen to my words, I realized light was a symbol for knowledge and revelation; While realizing I can treat God like a husband or lover and not just an abstract idea, I came to the conclusion that salt is also a symbol for submission and while reflecting on how darkness fights light, I came to the conclusion darkness symbolizes resistance and ignorance.

While realizing that some people encouraged good behaviours and others encouraged bad behaviours, I came to the conclusion that fruit is a symbol for encouragement, also while realizing my immoral friends always did less than expected or desired, I realized fruit is also a symbol for benefit.

What I am trying to express here is that my understanding of the bible was conceived by my desire to work religious imperatives and methodologies into my life and that before I developed the motive and Will to serve God, I was not able to discern the meaning of scriptures that I read, so that brings me to the verse I mentioned in the photo: scriptural understanding comes only when your motives for studying scripture are scriptural in themselves and a failure to obey the process will lead to a misapplication of scripture by not applying it in the correct context or situation. This misapplication comes from serving God with the wrong motives or lifestyle.

5
1
1Girl Opinion
5Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• topramen1565
    Interesting. I don't read the bible but if I do occasionally, I'm always in the book of Proverbs so this gave me some insight. Thank you
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

14
  • collie22
    meta-fore i get is. The foolish man can never quite attain wisdom. Our father will grant us wisdom if we will only seek it out listen and adsorb from Gods word.
  • Marhaban-1
    I generally looks up the meanings of certain quotes or just think how would God see it in his own eyes
  • marc94
    Because it makes no sense.
  • he-takes-a-part
    Where’s the difficulty?
  • Anonymous
    its not just take it literally