The Incomplete Picture of Jesus

watercolor_lions
The Incomplete Picture of Jesus

I don't like to watch a lot of movies or shows, like "The Bible" by the History channel, or "The Chosen" by Angel Studios. Why? Because they only show half of Jesus.

Jesus is the most complex, interesting, intelligent man to have ever lived. He was also passionate about love, truth, justice, and wisdom. Passionate to the point it was intimidating. People talk about Jesus being loving, and he was, but he did both types: the soft, tender love, and the tough love.

Jesus was patient with those who needed patience, but was strict with the arrogant, hypocritical, and abusive. If you read Matthew 23, it is basically an entire chapter of Jesus telling off the Pharisees. He uses terms like "twice the child of hell you are", and "brood of vipers" to describe the Pharisees.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are." Matthew 23:15

"“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" Matthew 23:33

Jesus also didn't tolerate the corruption of His Father's house.

"When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me. John 2:13-17

This right here, this is my Jesus: a badass. Jesus was so angry, he created a whip and yelled at everyone (the irreverent) to get out of His Father's temple. Jesus has this kind of anger when someone does wrong to us, too. He is protective of his children like a lion.

I don't like the media's portrayal of Jesus, because they often overlook these instances that are Biblical, and paint a picture of Jesus that is well, a wuss. "Like a rose trampled on the ground". Jesus is not a rose trampled on the ground. He is like Aslan: a noble lion that allowed himself to be killed for humanity's sake. He could have called His Father to send twelve legions of angels to protect him (Matthew 26:53), but he took the crucifixion like a champ.

Another thing some people don't realize is, Jesus actually didn't want to die. He really struggled with the idea of being tortured to death. Who wouldn't? That's what makes him so relatable: he understands physical pain and anguish.

"He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground." Luke 22:41-44

Jesus actually needed help being crucified. An angel came and strengthened Him. Some might see him weaker for it, but I think the reason the Father put him in that situation is to show just what a huge sacrifice he was making: He was paying the debt of death, the most horrible thing in the world, the debt Adam and Eve nor you or I could ever payback perfectly.

Jesus is the colorful, passionate, complex, compassionate, genuine individual. He was so well-rounded, and he had a perfect temper. He knew when to get mad. And he's creative, too. As the Father, he created the platypus. This isn't in the Bible, but its something to think about. Who doesn't create the platypus but someone with a sense of humor?

This is my Jesus. This is the God I worship. A Father whom is kind and patient, but also knows how to snap me back into place when I become selfish or think myself better than others. He is passionate. He is protective. He is honest. He is a Father that loves discipline, and ultimately loves me and wants the best for me (Hebrew 12:6).

The Incomplete Picture of Jesus
8
4
4Girl Opinion
8Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Lionman95
    I get where you´re coming from but still I think some of those movies are good because though their picture might be incomplete. Their picture still can present truth about Jesus.
    I do have some critism though to your myTake because you start with arguing that their picture is incomplete because they don´t show all incendences of Jesus but you start the last paragraph with "This is my Jesus", which to me is the same argument you argue makes all the movies incomplete.
    Because everything you said before all the sudden just becomes your picture of Jesus. Now it makes your argumentation seem like that your picture of Jesus is better than all the pictures of Jesus.
    Yes Jesus is fuller and deeper than the pictures the media presents but the reason for that is that Jesus is whole couldn´t be presented in any movie because also the Gospels just present their view of Jesus.
    Luke starts his Gospel with the remark that there were also others writing down what they witnessed and their knowledge. John ends his Gospel in 20,30 that there are other signs Jesus that were not written down in this Gospel.
    Therefore it could be argued that not everything Jesus did found its way into the Bible and even the Bible doesn´t show the complete life of Jesus.
    That´s why I´d argue that nobody that is living today will have a complete picture of Jesus rather the reasons Christians come together leads to completing our picture of Jesus.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Massageman
    Amen!
    Being fully God, yet fully man, your badass with the good heart, the shear conflict of death/not dying is unimaginable to our human brains. I recall a "sermon" from about 7-8 years ago by a retired cardiologist from our congregation. He gave a very detailed- and very graphic- explanation of what happens during a crucifixion.

One of the mildest examples he cited (to piggy-back on your mention of His "sweating blood"): For the human body to excrete blood via the sweat glands, the blood pressure of the individual would have to be OVER 350 mmHg, systolic. Put in context, today a "hypertensive episode requiring IMMEDIATE doctor's attention" is over 180 just 40 points over normal limits. Yet, 350 is over five times the difference that brings a person from normal to a "hypertensive episode" today.

Great post.
    Is this still revelant?
    • 50% God 50% man , you can't be 100% God and be 100% man. If so he wouldn't need to talk to God. He wouldn't cried out on the cross

• Massageman

@888theGreat Col 2:9, Phil 2:7, John 10:30 Read. Learn.

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    It looks like Arabs. Also I love this long nose type. It suits both men and women very well.
    Is this still revelant?
  • EmmaMary
    Just what the fuck is all this bullshit about? 🤣
    Disagree 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

26
  • Guy13
    Wow lengthy debates 💪. Bottomline, the Biblical definition of Role as Savior God, role as Man, and how to live and be without Error (sinless), Mission, and Beatitudes (Blessed, Matthew 5:1-12) is sufficient.

-Opinion about your Lord and Savior, unless Biblically supported, is nothing but opinion. Media’s heart is mostly Anti-God with the “how many Christians can we pick-off or confuse about their Faith…how can we make God into a Secularist Social Justice model etc”.
    HELLO, Jesus/Christianity ain’t the UN or WHO etc.
    We’ve already have of those…
  • dubcuda
    Why did you post a picture of Cesare Borgia? That ain't Jesus, that's the image of the beast. The Bible describes The Messiah and his people and black people
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Киттйлинк
    👀...
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Joker_
    Jesus was not white
    Disagree 1 Person
  • BestWoman
    İnteresting take
  • Anonymous
    GLORY TO MY CHRIST ABOVE THE DOMEhttps://www.youtube.com/embed/EmBYV4kxS4w
  • Anonymous
    copy and paste on youtube

Atheist Ask If I Can Prove GIANTS

it will be the first video
  • Anonymous