2 Republicans I'd Actually Consider Voting For

Waffles731
2 Republicans who I'd actually consider voting for

I've voted Republican Twice in Massachusetts elections and I really liked those candidates. There are decent Republicans but sadly they never make it on a national scale.

Here are two of them that I'd consider voting for president.

1. Gabriel E. Gomez

I voted for him in the 2013 Special Election and if he ran for president I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

First off, He supports Gay Marriage

Second off, While he is personally pro-life he thinks abortion is settled law and would not support anything that would take away a woman's right to choose and says he realizes that Abortion is a very personal and difficult choice.

Now, I'm damn sure that he wants what is best for this country because of his military service record. He was a Freaking Navy SEAL, and before that a Naval Aviator, and he is the first person in history to have done both. But you don't become a Navy SEAL if you don't care about this country.

2. Richard Tisei

I voted for Richard Tisei in 2014

Again he does not want to take away a woman's right to choose but he also happens to support Gay Marriage and with good reason

Richard Tisei is one of the handful of openly gay Republicans and is married to another man.

So again he won't take our country backwards into the 1800s.

Instead the GOP has chosen Trump and in the end its own downfall,

But what are you going to do huh

1
11

Most Helpful Guys

• Fibbett
    Just don't vote for Ted Cruz: he's the Zodiac Killer!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Waffles731

It'd be a cold day in hell before I voted for the Canadian

• FallOutBoy2001
    Wow, I like these guys
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

19
  • madhatters4
    definitely look like good options. i wonder if either of these guys have any presidential aspirations

i know a lot of the best politicians don't want the oval office. they think, and to a large extent they are right, they can have a bigger impact in Congress
  • JRICHARDS1996
    Abortion is done for so there is no hope. While I will always oppose it and engage in lengthy arguments over it whenever the opportunity presents itself, I recognize that *realistically* speaking, there will never be a drastic change in abortion policy in the United States, in either direction. Roe v. Wade will always stand, and the individual states will always differ in every other regard. Same-sex "marriage" is a bit different. While I feel like the battle is pretty much lost at this point, I do think that there is still enough of an uproar to *possibly* overrule it if every conservative in the nation came together. But again, I do not think that that would ever happen. And if it ever did happen, I would rather use this unified front to engage in a more pressing and important matter, like maybe a balanced budget amendment or bringing Hillary down once and for all.

I do agree however that Trump will be the downfall of the GOP. I was legitimately hoping against all odds that we would have at least ONE more conservative victory in my generation so that the inevitable tide of "progressivism" will not come AS suddenly as it is. But with Trump and virtually zero chances of success, our goose is as good as cooked. Hillary is going to win and the Millennials are going to support her no matter what. Worse than that, there is a vacant chair in the Supreme Court with Scalia's death and so that is going to make things even worse. Conservatism is literally about to go extinct, due to no fault but our own.

A better choice would have been to elect someone as you listed. Because while the majority of Republicans including myself may not have agreed with them on *everything*, we still would have voted for them regardless. And they may have been able to win over more of the on-the-fence and right-leaning Democrat crowds. Especially when so many of them are still so upset about Bernie's campaign being tarnished.

But no. They gave it to the damn actor from New York.
    • Waffles731

Calling Trump an actor is an insult to the profession of acting ;p

• Ronald Reagan was another actor, but at least his rhetoric was polished and impeccable. Like him or not (I don't), you have to admit, the man was very persuasive and had a way with words. Trump does not have this.

• 

• Saoirse_Nua
    There seems to be a few Republicans coming through - I don't know what you would call them centrist Republican - I feel the two main parties are two large and they both seem to have about 10 wings in them - I think smaller parties would solve a lot of the mess.
  • Curmudgeon
    Really? So you want to vote for Dhimmicrats who want to import Islamic jihadists to our shores? How will your gayness fare in *their* world? Not well at all. But hey, follow that "multicultural" ideology to your doom. Only in Western Civilization have gay people received any degree of acceptance, let alone tolerance.

Donald Trump is the *least* preachy GOP candidate we have had in my lifetime, nay, ever.
  • FrankReynolds
    Two good choices. We need more of them in both parties to neutralize Garbage like Ted Cruz. Compared to Ted Cruz Donald Trump is the best the Republicans had in seventy years. If Cruz was running this country it will destroy it self.,
  • WhereAmI
    Last time a Republican won the electoral vote for presidency in MA was Ronald Reagan.
  • Dred1614returns
    You're a better man than I. At least you'd vote Republican. I'd never cross the aisle.
  • chico800
    What difference does it make whether or not they support gay marriage?
    • Waffles731

Because I don't want to return to the 1800s

• chico800

So who's living in the 1800s? All of those non-white countries around the world? So only white folks live in the modern day?

• Waffles731

Why on earth are you bringing race into this?

• Library
    GOP should've chosen Mitt Romney over Trump
  • anonman32
    These look like cool people to me.