Why the Future of Our Country is The Intelligent People

Anonymous

I came to this realization a couple years ago and I'm seeing it happen in the real world.

My first realization of this was in one of my college classes, which was split with the "cool" kids on the right half and the "AP" or nerd type kids on the left side of the room. The right half was just texting and making jokes all class while the left side was actively paying attention and giving vivid responses to the discussions.

I realized this then and it got reaffirmed in later classes when most of the people giving intelligent responses looked like "AP" kids. Their face, hair, personality, and clothes were essentially what you'd find in advanced placement kids.

The people who go out of their way to better their knowledge are likely going to be the same people who actively try to improve themselves in their careers. They are going to be the ones who revolutionize their field when the progress through their careers. Its usually people like that who are at the top of their industry.

The huge rise in advancements in Medicine, Fitness, Science, and Technology are going to be caused by smart and curious minded people.

I see it and hear about it when people start working in their respective fields. The intelligent ones were the ones getting awards in fields or making over 100,000 a year within 3 years of working and even entry level. The pay and years of experience will vary widely by the career of course. It would still be an great achievement in their field.

3
7

Most Helpful Guy

• Fathoms77
    It has always been true that the proactive, dedicated, hard-working, and intelligent people run the world. That's the way it should be.

One big problem- When the number of these people dwindle, the number of slugs and slobs and leeches rise, and the tiny minority somehow has to do everything, including care for the overwhelming majority, who have simply ceased to function.

Then... nobody wants to know what happens.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cccgala
    They are the future of every country, I believe.

"The huge rise in advancements in Medicine, Fitness, Science, and Technology are going to be caused by smart and curious minded people." I agree!

There would also be advancements in Philosophy, Humanities, and Law that are going to be caused by intelligent people.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

26
  • JudgmentDay
    Yes, the future. From Space Exploration and Hopefully Space Colonization to Trans-humanism. Upgrade. Enhance. Evolve. Transcend. And Artificial Intelligence R&D to the "Singularity" becoming a reality. I'm counting on and hoping that the best and the brightest people on this planet will become the ones to successfully accomplish this for the Greater Good, for a much better future.👍
  • dudeman
    dude not sure how old you are but the stupid people have taken over the earth with pc culture and affirmative action and massive inflated HR department. smart people should run things but thats not how it goes anymore.
  • Saoirse_Nua
    Everybody has a potential talent that could benefit our countries. Once we can do it constructively without impinging on each other, I don't mind how we do it.
  • reixun
    In my school, the cool kids are AP. I'm pretty sure most students take some AP courses.
    • Anonymous

Thats not how it is in most schools. Most of the time the "popular" kids aren't in AP classes.

• Anonymous

Most students dont take AP courses unless your in some sort of private school full of scholars.

And the point wasn't that their AP students, its anyone intelligent and has the drive to learn more and better themselves. Which most of the time is a stereotypical nerd

• reixun

Nahhh, I go to a pretty good school. Most of the students were in AP world or euro and now most are doing AP psych for their history credit. Intelligent people in my school are usually also athletes and have large social groups.

• zagor
    Yeah, but the other ones will be the ones who reproduce.
  • corbynHALTZ
    do you say this to soothe yourself?
    • Anonymous

No, im not one of them. Im not exactly a cool kid either, but im usually accepted by them nowadays. I have talents in areas thats going to can make me money, but im not an intellectual like the people I described in the myTake.

They have the everything in the package, im half of the package. The have everything else. So no, I don't say this to soothe myself

• i believe you do, possibly out of envy, who knows?

• Anonymous

If im jealous of them why would i say this fo soothe myself?

• Anonymous
    Plato would agree. He divided people in gold, silver and bronze. He rejected democracy, insisting political power should held by the intellectual elites. It's hard for use to believe this because we are taught (brainwashed?) that all people are equal and should have equal rights. Some people actually think it's a fact that all people should have equal rights. It's not a fact. It's a belief that has become people recently in human history.
    • zagor

Yeah, the trouble is everyone thinks THEY are the intellectual elites. Pol Pot was quite an educated fellow...

• dudeman

@zagor yeah but there can be a test to find out the intellectual elites.

• zagor

@dudeman And who writes the test?

As the saying goes, it's not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes.

• Anonymous
    I am an all AP student. I am sorry you feel that way about us. 😞
    • Anonymous

Its the truth. Its okay though, no need to be sorry

• Anonymous

Yes, I agree it is wrong. Every student deserves to learn. The teachers, I noticed only focus on us, and not the only students. Which is wrong. Some of us abuse that. I don't, but they are act to fake for the other students.

• Anonymous

Thats exactly what my professor did in that class I was talking about in my take with the class split with a more school focused half and more social less serious half.

In the beginning of the semestet he would walk around the whole class talking to us then after about a month he only walked around the "AP like" kids half and talked. He tried to avoid answering our questions when we raised our hands or tried give input in the discussion.

when teachers ignore other students it makes them not care and not even give an effort