Looking Back On The Election and Forward to the Future

FallOutBoy2001

Recently, I posted a rather angry myTake on Donald Trump's victory, and a message to those who support him. I called them a disappointment to everything this country supposedly stands for.

I'm sorry.

I was in an extremely bad mood. I watched as a man, who, throughout his campaign, seemed to try and divide this nation more and more, become our president. He's said some horrible things about women and all types of ethnic and religious minorities. I disagree with both him and Mike Pence one many issues. It pains me to hear his election promises. People like @Waffles731 and I will be affected by his promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and he's made promises to fix the mental health system by using "common sense" which does not inspire confidence in me.

However, that did not give me the right to speak the way I did. I still stand by most of what I said, because that was my honest opinion, but I apologize for how I said it. I have a terrible temper, swear too much, and am way to blunt for my own good. If there's one thing punk has taught me, it's that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, and in my anger I broke that rule.

The opinion in that myTake that I stand by the most? That we are an accepting country. I love this country, but hate the government. I would fight and die for this country, because we are a great country, regardless of what any politician wants to say. We, the people, are the ones who make this country great, not some piece of shit who wants to sit there and call us names, trying to divide us. I don't agree with people who are white supremacists, sexist towards either gender, who beat people up for their religion or sexuality, but they're in the minority. This is a nation full of good people. Let's keep it that way

2
11

Most Helpful Girl

• beautifulangel76
    Honestly anyone who complains to his supporters about the fact that he was elected is ignorant and clearly doesn't know how the system works. We don't actually pick the president otherwise it would have been Hillary. He can't do anything without the support and say so of the other branches so there's no real reason to fear or be afraid of him. Like give the man a chance to prove us all wrong,
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Phoenix98
    we accept your apology but you shouldn't worry he's not out to get you really, and he's not going to leave people high and dry with things like medicare.

At least you came to your senses, not like all these other people out there rioting and looting and causing civil unrest, should be ashamed of themselves.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I try not to worry

• Whaaaaa

If trump supporters had done that we would be called all sort of things

• Phoenix98

Trust me he's a decent guy don't believe the lies you've been fed by the news.

Did you know he actually never wanted to be president in the first place? Literally the only reason he ran is because he saw how America was suffering and decided he wanted to cut out the corruption and make America great for all Americans again. That's the only reason he's doing this for me and for you.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

110
  • cmale123
    It only 3 day. After election. If you don't like the new president call impeachment or move. The worst thing comes to this is war break out. These protest is annoying and disrupting the peace. You want your voice to be hear but what about other voted trump? Remember your not just against trump himself,, it's everyone that support him and that like half the country didn't stand up against these protest. You call him racist, sexism, rapist, and etc but what about yourself. The noble god?
    • Where did I say that anywhere in this Take?

• cmale123

No, but you being prejudice. He had done anything yet, but you judging him. You didn't hurt you or take your money, but you want everything your way. If not you ridicule people.

• We've seen how he acts, how is drawing conclusions based how some acts in both public and private prejudiced?

• martyfellow
    the problem is that our ruling circles constantly work to poison as many of us as they can with racism and attitudes of colonial superiority, which then justifies destroying other countries in the name of our superiority...

Trump is only one example. Obama was no better really, he was just a bit more polite and didn't show his cards so clearly.
  • Kiran04
    "I would fight and die for this country"

Yea, I'll believe that when I see it. There's a reason most liberals hate soldiers, and that's because none of them are soldiers or would ever become one. I've fought and killed for this country, and I still would have even if Hillary Clinton was elected. Not only that, I wouldn't have thrown a 10 page temper tantrum about it. Instead, I'd be looking for other ways to get what I want done, and temper tantrums ain't on that list.
    • I'm debating joining the military (Marines) and as I said in this "ten page temper tantrum" I love this country, but hate the government. I'm a liberal not because I see the best in people, never could, but because I would rather protect those who can't protect themselves.

• Kiran04

The 10 page temper tantrum would be the other take you referenced in this one. The one where you really did have a temper tantrum.

• Oh, that was the one you were referencing. Yeah, I was really not having a good day

• poopedmypantsagain
    It was a very sad outcome of that election, I think a grave mistake was made but yet it seems that a lot of people do not know what this guy is capable of doing now that he has got in.. he will in my view go to war at the drop of a hat, tick off the leaders of the other countries that are not ticked off already, and turn things upside down.. also at the drop of a hat, I do not think this munchkin will even make it to the white house, but even if he does.. I do not see him staying in it very long.. he will either get impeached or be... taken out.. It could even be the Mexicans that try it
  • Saoirse_Nua
    That is cool - Emotions are running high - There has been lapses of judgement on both sides - Some bad winners out there
  • Loveherbut
    No need to apologize I congratulate u for being so smart in such a young age
  • Idonotgivearatsass
    Why do you feel the need to apologize for the way you felt or still feel, it's how you feel... America and Americans apologize to much. No one has to like what other people say or think, if everyone would stop worrying about what others say it would be so much better. Personally, I never care what anyone says about me or someone else, my own opinion is the only one that counts in my book, they're entitled to theirs and I'm entitled to mine... if what I say offends you, tough cookie... I do not do politically correct... that's un-American!
    • I do politically correct, because I know what it's like to have people throwing around terms like "retard" and knowing that you *are* what people consider a retard

• Well, if that's what people consider being politically correct is, they're way off base, not calling people names like that is just common sense (something American's have forgotten about in spades). However, offending people by not stating what you believe in is just plain idiocy, we all have the right to believe what ever we want to believe, and we also all have the right to state our opinions.

• capturemyheartnow
    Sorry ---that's acceptable.
  • Adigelunar
    good jobb
  • Anonymous
    Accepted. I hope though you understand the now the best way to make your voice heard is to vote in all ALL elections. Please tell other Anti Trump protesters to vote in the next election in two years so that their voices are heard.
  • Anonymous
    No worries we all overreact sometimes. Just remember those who disagree with you are not "evil" or "racist" etc., simply for disagreeing. At least you, through self reflection can feel remorse and apologize. That takes guts :)