6 Reasons Why South Asian Women Stand Out From the Rest

Anonymous

"South Asia or Southern Asia is a term used to represent the southern region of the Asian continent, which comprises the sub-Himalayan SAARC countries.

The current territories of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka form the countries of South Asia."

- Wiki

Often people talk about East Asian women and their characteristics...But much less is said and written about South Asian women.

1. They have unique beauty

They have unique kind of look. They can be mistaken to be Middle Eastern, yet there's something different about their looks. They have slightly darker skin (except Pakistanis), doe eyes, curvaceous figure, warm brown eyes and lustrous black hair.

They carry their traditional clothing and Western clothing equally well.

2. They are open with their femininity

South Asian women are feminine and very graceful.

3. They have strong family values

They are very family oriented and are not ashamed of putting their family over anything. They do not easily give up on relationships, instead they strive to make them work as far as possible. Commitment matters to them a lot.

4. They let men take charge...

South Asian women are not ashamed to adhere to gender roles to some extent. They let their men take lead.

Rarely ever you will hear this sentence from a South Asian woman "I am not gonna change myself for him!"

5. But that does not mean that they are weak.

If point 3 leads you to believe that they are weak doormats, it is not so. They can be strong willed and can stand up for themselves when the situation calls for it. In recent years, they are taking their careers seriously and yet manage to balance family and career perfectly well.

6. They have lower expectations.

You will meet very few South Asian women with sky expectations from potential partners. They are ready to look past some things. The only 'higher expectation' they have is that their partner should be well educated.

9
8

Most Helpful Girl

• LoloWaye
    What exactly is feminity? I see people mention this all the time but I don't understand it to be honest.

Family is definitely important and gender roles are important to help keep the family unit going. I've seen so many happy, close knit families and I hope to have that someday! However, and this may be why I'm still single, but I refuse to put up with anything toxic. I applaud people who can deal with it!

What do you mean by lower expectations?
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tarvold
    From a guy's perspective, it boils down to this.

They have all the perks of regular Asians, but with extra curves.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

78
  • Cccgala
    "They have unique beauty."
    ^^ That's true! South Asians look very different from East Asians and Southeast Asians. This can be seen in beauty pageants more often. Some have a very eminent resemblance to Europeans and Latinas that you can't tell their nationalities at first glance.

"They have strong family values."
    ^^ I agree. On the other hand, this is also true for Asians in the East and in the Southeast.
  • MakeShiftThug
    media.giphy.com/media/7hCY0cBt54Eve/giphy.gif
    I don't necessarily disagree completely but yeah, more or less.

Down with the propagation of Eurocentric standards of beauty!
  • 

• John_Doesnt
    South Asian, no. I prefer regular Asian.
    deltanewsroom.com/.../Japanise-women.jpg
  • Schrodingerscat
    Interesting take there... although I would slightly disagree on 6th point.
    Times have changed and these days more girls have big expectations from their potential partner.
  • vishna
    Lol 6 is a sucky thing for them. I don't think most women have crazy expectations, among my friends, we give each other shit if one acts like a beauty queen with a long impossible list for this imaginary guy that they look boring next to.
  • loneman
    While many of the things in this article might be true. I don't know enough different women to notice a trend. But I think there is a difference between doing things right and doing things wrong. I think in our society there is a lot of people doing things wrong, and that is why they are having problems.
  • JustCallMeLeon
    I dont see any person as a part of something. Religion, country, race dont matter to me. Everyone is different and special.
  • YaBaba
    They make great wives; esp if brought up in South Asia I think.
    That's what I have heard but not all of them though.
  • BronzedAdonis
    this is filled with generalizations and moot points but whatever helps you sleep at night
  • kickme
    yeah, this is a culture where successful marriage is possible. American women are "off limits" for marriage.
  • ColinHarvey
    Who cares about what some woman thinks men should think is pretty on a woman.
  • cupidkisses
    i like Asians
  • Anonymous
    I've never read so much BT XD
  • Anonymous
    the girl in saree, is she Sri Lankan?
  • Anonymous
    "They have slightly darker skin (except Pakistanis)" As far i know Pakistanis have a darker skin color 2 and aren't the only South Asian country with a light skin complexion.