The Top 5 States for Conservatives and Liberals

Anonymous

Nobody wants to be around people that they have nothing in common with, that's why there are clubs for people who like to cook or activities for people who like to jog there are different churches where people can gather and different political parties for people with different views but there are also certain states than can make a republican or democrat feel comfortable and happy in their community, the following list is going to give you MY top 5 states for both republicans and democrats, please understand THIS IS IN MY OPINION so don't say this isn't true etc or rant because this is like I said just an opinion, take it with a grain of salt thank you.

For Republicans

1. Tennessee

With a state that borders the Appalachian mountains and blue ridge mountains, this state has everything a republican would want. There is one major city, the city of Nashville which offers work etc while the eastern part of the state is perfect for hiking and all sorts of activities within the beautiful mountains, there are also lakes for water activities.

2. Texas

The lone star state does get a lot of flak from people but being such a huge state it varies widely from rural and barren to cities with bustling traffic- Dallas, Houston, to the gulf coast for water activities, the state varies widely and offers different environments to choose from. Texas is also ranked as one of the fastest growing states in the union. More affluent areas will cost you and cities of course are more expensive.

3. South Carolina

The state that is home to Charleston, South Carolina is home also to military bases. Both Carolinas have had substantial growth with North Carolina being more liberal oriented considering it swung democrat in the previous election but the area is growing and actually many northerners, both republican and democrat have been making the Carolinas their home because of the growth.

4. Arizona

While the state has seen an influx of people from California moving here making the state go more blue, it still is a republican state. The great thing about Arizona is that Phoenix has seen a lot of growth as well as for those that prefer a more arid environment, the state can be expensive in certain parts and also there are lakes in Arizona as well for those that want water activities contrary to the belief that the whole state is just desert. It is also close to many attractions that are both stunning and beautiful from a meteor crater to the Grand Canyon to a beautiful lake that is very popular with spring breakers.

5. Wyoming

My final pick is for republicans that prefer solitude and really don't like socializing with people in general would have to be Wyoming.

For Democrats

1. Vermont

It is tranquil and located in the north eastern part of the United States. The state is breathtaking and beautiful all around. I recommend anybody to come visit this state and to live here.

2. Colorado

This state has seen rapid growth over the past decade with many business moving here one of which we all know and what has attracted people to it as well.....need I say more but that is not all that the state has to offer. The nature is beautiful in Colorado and for those who prefer a more urban environment, Denver meets your needs. Colorado is expensive in certain areas, but still it is a good pick for democrats with many from the west coast especially, California moving here and actually all over.

3. Oregon

This state is home to Portland and while it is in the northwest and has sometimes crappy weather, it is a nice state. It is a toss up for democrats as many aren't really crazy about the northwest but still it is perfect for those who want to live in this area of the country.

4. California

Yes probably viewed as one of the most liberal states in the union, the state of California. California is pretty much liberal Texas, and Texas is pretty much conservative California. The state of California has different areas from big cities of San Francisco to Los Angeles and San Diego (San Diego is more on the conservative side) to the eastern part of the state where there are mountains for hiking, snow boarding, as well as lakes for water activities and the Pacific Ocean on the west coast. Long Beach, California has everything liberals could want. For those who want rural for liberals who want to live in the mountains for activities to those that prefer the cities for work or the tech industry or the beach by the pacific, this state has it all. Though, I will say that California is an expensive state depending on where you want to live but still it can be done.

5. New Mexico

My final pick for democrats that prefer solitude and to be alone would have to be New Mexico,the state is perfect for those who want to be secluded but still want to drive to California or other places as well. There is Arizona but you are going to find more republicans in Arizona, New Mexico is perfect considering that the state is blue.

3
11

Most Helpful Guy

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    Who gives a shit? Why are so many people obsessed with politics to the point it literally governs where people should live on this site? (No pun intended). Granted I know why, but politics isn't the end all be all. I live in a blue state yet my county and town is red. i don't really care 1 way or another, but it is what it is
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

It matters to a lot people especially with this past years election many democrats refuse to live in republican states and republicans refuse to live in places like California or New York,

• I know, but it's stupid. I don't get it. The amount of politics that the election will actually affect a person's daily life directly is less than 4% on a micro level

• Anonymous

I don't know I think that politics has become a serious thing especially with this election I've read and heard on the news families and relationships torn apart over this past election and family not talking to each other anymore and not celebrating Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's crazy but even on here you probably have seen questions on here about how women and men say they would break up with their partner if they share different political beliefs or voted for trump or Hillary.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    Colorado❤️
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

210
  • lumberman9
    I'm surprised New York isn't here but still I'm not surprised that the states listed as being really conservative and liberal are the ones that are listed
    • Anonymous

Yea I thought about New York but you know I didn't want the list to have expected d states like Illinois, New York, etc I wanted to switch it up, I knew I had to go with one of them so I went with California since I feel it offers more you know. Thanks for reading too!

• lumberman9

That's true and good job with this take man

• Anonymous

Thank you 😬

• Thisperson98
    There is more than one big city in Tennessee, but I do agree Tennessee is an amazing place.
    • Anonymous

Yea you have knoxville and Chattanooga but I think Nashville is the biggest and yea Tennessee is awesome!!!

• vishna
    Interesting. How would you describe Massachusetts and North Carolina?
    • Anonymous

Massachusetts would be a democrat state in my opinion, I just didn't put it in my top 5, and North Carolina I feel is a toss up considering it has leaned both republican and democrat similar to Florida where it depends on what area you are in.

• echoaj
    I would have thought Oklahoma would be on the list for Republicans.
    And New Mexico? I didn't know New Mexico was liberal.
  • Johan_Returns
    Conservative Alabama resident here, I like it way better than my native New York.
  • zagor
    Politics generally doesn't get much consideration when I decide where to live.
    • Anonymous

It depends a lot of people especially after this election care about that.

• zagor

I guess if weed is important to them...

Other than that, most local laws don't impact us much as individuals.

• Anonymous

People will be people no stopping them from arguing some people think California is the best and most progressive other people would never live in California because of beliefs, it's just the way the world is

• Maxemeister
    Any stats on a centrist leaning left who likes hiking and fishing too lol?
    • Anonymous

Excellent idea for a murals for center left and center right people , actually I do do one for fiscal conservatives and social liberals too and also for independents!!! Good idea maxemeister, I have 3 or 4 more my take ideas.

• Thanks! I'll wait!

• John_Doesnt
    CA should be #1, we never vote conservative.
  • Dred1614returns
    Nice job.
  • CorvetteGirl
    I want to live in Wyoming!
  • ColinHarvey
    Wait what is a conservative?
  • Anonymous
    Texas is getting more purple every year. All the major cities swung liberal this past election.
    • Anonymous

I agree, I think pretty much all the red states are like that where thebig cities go blue you know. The whole state and every county could be red excluding one or two counties but those one or two counties contain the big cities like you mention which could make the whole state go blue.