5 Things Only American GAG Users Can Understand

ikissedtheskyonce

Us Americans may not agree on everything all the time, but when it comes to gag. I think we can all agree that there are some things that only American gag users deal with.

1. Having our nationality used as an insult

Hearing things like, "you're American, that explains it." Granted us Americans already make fun of ourselves, non-Americans like to randomly use our nationality as an insult as an excuse to justify something.

2. I bet you voted for Donald Trump

Of course I have to keep up with the recent happenings of the world. Ever since President Elect Donald Trump has won the electoral college vote, American gaggers get to deal with the glorious assumptions that we all voted for him. The funny part is most foreigners who use that insult basically have no idea what the electoral college is.

3. Getting told by non Americans about our own culture

If I had a dollar every time I have seen someone do this to a fellow American gagger. Thanks for telling us about a country that you knowingly never stepped a foot in. Fun fact: did you know most Americans don't give a shit?

4. The Racist Argument

America is so racist! Um, as if we are the only country that has racists in it. I am pretty positive that racists can travel. Our diversity is making the country cry.

5. Awkwardly running into American bashing threads

Just by lurking, we can see a shit ton of them. All of a sudden someone writes "kill all Americans" or there is a question that says "don't you just hate Americans?" The funny part is they literally pop up all the time yet some non-American users act like we are the problem. When in reality we are like Homer.

24
17
17Girl Opinion
24Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• BlueCoyote
    1. This is true for most countries. You're Irish? Oh, you must be a heavy drinker, huh? You're Chinese? So you shower like once a year. You're Thai? Definitely a HIV-infested hooker, possibly some weird ladyboy. You're Russian? You're constantly aggressive, violent and irascible. You're Iranian? Oh, so you're a islamist extremist. You're a cocky, arrogant ass? Probably because you're British. You're Greek? Gotta be broke and a loser. You're Scandinavian? Dirty socialist!!! You're Swiss? Uh, a greedy person without a moral consciousness.
    Besides, have you considered the fact that America keeps giving the world a lot of reasons to be annoyed?
    2. Again, applicable to every country. You're German? So do you find Hitler cool?
    3. This is not even true in every case. Some non-Americans such as myself have lived in America and have therefore a thorough understanding of American culture.
    4. What people mean by this is that America has a lot of racial tensions, which it undeniably does, not that it's full of racists. There's a big difference.
    5. I have never even heard needs, not in relation to any country.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• peachblossomluck
    I expect an insult daily here. I let it roll off of my back. I can see why people feel we Americans are bad sometimes but judging never helped any cause either. Wish we could all cooperate more cohesively.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1623
  • COCOCHANEL
    he didn't only win by the electoral college vote and many support him which is fine, it's stupid to use that as an insult and stupid to be ashamed of it.
  • martyfellow
    If you aren't going to say anything about our incessant brutal colonial wars, then don't complain if people assume you're stupid or ignorant or a militarist, and by the way, they'll also assume probably a slut. The way US women behave abroad is even worse than they do here.

• Im pretty sure all women do not like you. I do not think its a nationality thing. Most women do not like men who hate women

• SeraBarton

Agreed

• @SeraBarton Bitching at me isn't going to change what people think of US people, is it? They already think US women are bitchy, so you're just proving them correct!

• YourFutureEx
    I know you voted for Trump, OP. After all, it's in your culture to support a guy like him. I know you'll pass racist comments towards me too. Well, can't blame you. Your nationality explains it all.
  • Giacomanzo
    1 - "Pizza, Pasta, Mafia".
    2 - "Ahahahahahah! Berlusconi!"
    3 - "You have art everywhere, Italy is the best place to live, so jealous T_T"
    4 - "I wish I could marry an Italian man/woman, but Italians only marry Italians"
    5 - This I've never read, nor for Americans nor for Italians.
    • This is not about italians though

• Giacomanzo

I mean that this does apply to every country, it is not some weird racism against the Americans.

• BlueCoyote

Great answer, totally agree!

• Paris13
    I am an American Patriot who just Wants to Make America Great Again.
    No matter what Country and even if you are Not Living in this Country, how can Anyone, hun, see this World has been Going to Hell in a Hand basket for 8 years?
    Time for a Change with a Real Man for the Job, and Yes... Proud to Say that I Voted for Donald J, Trump, the 45th President of the United States that will Not ever be Divided ever Again!
    Good One, hun. xx
  • ElissaDido
    2- I know it sucks but Americans themselves aren't immune to this behavior. I can't count the number of times Americans pretended to know and understand and know my Arab/Middle Eastern/ Islamic culture and my own faith more than I did.
  • jacquesvol
    Americans like to randomly use their nationality as an excuse to justify anything.
    rationalwiki.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism
    • jacquesvol

" most foreigners who use that insult basically have no idea what the electoral college is."
      Who told you that?

• You aren't in the USA? Just curious since you're a longtime user.

• jacquesvol

@SovereignessofVamps I'm not in the US

• Phoenix98
    Yup pretty much true...*whispers* also I voted for Trump and I liked it.
    • Did you like the taste of his cherry chapstick?

Wow, I mailed that 1 in πŸ˜‘. I tried to do I kissed a girl play on words, but I couldn't think of anything πŸ˜”

• Phoenix98

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau Haha I don't know what he was wearing but my vote paper tasted like paper and ink.

Lmao yeah I could see that.

• Damn that's shmexy. You'd think I could find a suggestive picture of someone on the internet of someone erotically licking paper πŸ˜‚ I guess me not finding it is for the best for EVERYONE!

• menina
    I've seen all the things you mentioned. People like to make generalizations, even though it's not right. And it doesn't happen only with Americans.

I'm always interested in learning more about the US. And I would like to visit someday, so I can get an idea of how Americans are.
  • Kayla43
    Not totally sure about this..
    1. Never had anyone say that to me before.
    2. I didn't vote for anyone because I hated the candidates.
    3. Sometimes, but not like all the time.. Even when it does happen it's not particularly annoying.
    4. True, but it's not exclusively America's problem as you said.
    5. I've been a long time lurker on this site and now a new active member, I can safely say I've never came across these threads.
  • Hal2002
    Every county gets picked on.

When did Americans go from being proud of what their country has achieved, to whiney and feeling sorry and picked on?

Why did Americans start apologizing, for their county not being perfect?

As a none American, what used to impress me about Americans. Was that they admitted they were not perfect, but tried to fix what they knew was broken with their country.

What happened to The United States of America and those Americans?
    • Browneye57

The liberals took over. My guess is that will change - all the PC crap is going to go out of style and there will be a return to prosperity and patriotism.

There is a difference between a democracy and a republic - what most americans fail to comprehend. A democracy left unchecked would see the have-nots simply voting to take from the haves and dole it out evenly - much like communism. In this country communism has been re-packaged and re-labeled into a concept called progressivism. Half the country thinks it's all the rage.

• BaileyisDarcy
    Quit giving us your news and cencoring your shows we might be happy.

(Seriously, Embarrasing bodies can show dicks and tits but Tattoo Nightmares can't say Shit? What the hell. Just swear dont cover it with a fucking beep)
  • NerdInDenial
    Because America is the last super power, the USA will be criticized which is a good thing. An idea will survive when it is able to be vetted. Let people criticize us; maybe, these criticisms will make us stronger as a people. Racism is a common attribute of mankind. Sorry White people, I do not believe you are the most racist people. I've lived in Asia, and there are plenty of racism. Did you know in Japan you can be banned from a restaurant for just being an American?
  • Schrodingerscat
    Except 2, same applies for Indian users lmao.
    The hate Indians get on here is way too much than hatred for Americans. Just saying. Not that I care but it is kinda douchy to judge a nation of 1.2 billion by few examples.
  • ptstat
    many things i like about America , for example the NFL matches which i watch here at night time because of timezone (too many tv ads though)
    the cinema movies and tv series
    the porn productions, brazzers is my fave

i don't like the private health system and how easy is for people to buy guns
  • Centurion20000
    Americans. Sure we fight a lot amongst ourselves (here's looking at you yankees, latinos, white dudes and black mofos) but God help foreigners if they start fucking with all of us.
  • curiousnorway
    "Socialist country, sewing pillows under everybody's arms, vikings, bathing naked in the ice water etc" Every countries can get insults or having weird stereotypes.
  • Lucifer_666
    I've heard about some of these before. I personally don't believe in elections so I don't vote. I also don't believe presidents have any power over anything. I also don't believe America is racist. Most people who say that have never been here probably
  • John_Doesnt
    Also, Americans understand how annoying it is to hear "football" when they're really talking about soccer. Soccer is gay and even Carl from ATHF knows it.
  • helloitsmethere
    I'm an immigrant, and Americans aren't as bad as people think...
  • spuitkaas
    I definitely have some criticisms about America. I'm not going to lie. Not all but a lot of Americans can be so arrogant. Thinking their country is the greatest in the world. A little while ago I read an opinion from a well-known American gagger mocking liberal European countries that we haven't invented anything and that America has invented the computer I write this comment on etc. Maybe your whole way of life comes from liberal European countries and without them you wouldn't even live the way you do now but okay. Maybe it's because we don't have that kind of nationalism in my country like Americans do.
    I also think they can be overdramatic, but maybe that's just the media. People freak out about a Starbucks cup changing or a female showing her nipple on television. Also the whole electoral college in America is one big soap series.
    I think America can be really cool with open and spontaneous people (never been in America, but I've met Americans before) and beautiful nature.
  • Edymemelord
    I haven't dealth with most of these lol.
    Only one, today my greek teacher made a joke about americans destroying the planet and eating too much
  • ThatBritishLad
    I've had to train myself to understand a lot of American pop culture references so I can get half of the jokes I hear online. The fuck was Peewee Herman?
  • 0112358
    I'm not American.

In spite of americas flaws I find I end up sticking up for the us a lot with non Americans.
  • matheus_mb
    Fortunately I'm innocent!! I'm not American and never said any of those things :D
  • lost_alice
    My nationality is used as an insult every 10 minutes
    • What do people insult you about being Brazilian?

• PT1911

heuhuehuehuehuehuehuehue

• lost_alice

@BigBallerSodaPop that I am poor, that i live in a horrible place, that is dangerous, that I should be worried about my economy and not about being here and these type of things and they also talk to me like I am a regarded just for not being American

• Dred1614returns
    Number three never fails to make me laugh.
    By the way, to all you European America haters out there, I voted for Trump and I'm damn proud of it.
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    Oddly enough, you can substitute 4/5 of these for being black 🙄
    • Sapioit

I know, right? Thought I was the only one who noticed...

• @Sapioit it's really incredible when you think about it

• Sapioit

Only the "voted for trump" doesn't works well...

• SeraBarton
    Can't we just NOT generalize people? That'd be nice.
  • OrangeBoy
    xD, im not one, but it's understandable. Generalizations around a big country like Us arre really sad.
  • BronzedAdonis
    I'm Australian and yeah I agree.

People love to hate on America & its uncalled for.
  • CT_CD
    The world loves America. We are the most entertaining country.
  • lumberman9
    Lol that's true everywhere on the internet people will say these things about Americans
  • Rcjh1987
    This made me laugh thanks.
  • UnknownReflection
    Hell yes! agree :/
  • LokiW
    YAASSS!! 👏
  • TuMeManques
    Totally agree!
  • mostwomenshouldstfu
    Oh yeah number 3.
  • __Victoria__
    I'm an American I agree with you