Why Tattoos and Piercings are Barbaric Violence (Part 2)

Anonymous

I won't discuss piercings extensively on this take as we've already seen they are self violence and a vain cause of human pain. Tattoos on the other hand... .

Tattoos are a blood drenched symbol. The mark of the damned souls, reducing humans to mere numbers in concentration camps and jails. In ancient China it was considered inhuman to have it and only criminals and dessert bandits did it. In Ancient Greece it was only done by some slaves. And in various savage cultures it was meant to express social classes and divide humans, instituting a foul sense of superiority to certain groups. You are a generation that preaches so religiously its supposed anarchic ideals, and human rights and freedom.

Why tattoos and piercings are barbaric violence No 2.

And still you take a symbol that was used to separate humans into classes, and instilled an artificial hierarchy in society, and you even proudfully wave it around. In other cultures they used to cremate their dead and ink them in their skin to "have them with them forever" or even to "gain their powers and vitality". And you take that savage superstitious practice and reintroduce it in the modern world as "art".

Health Dangers

The toxicity of the heavy metals can slowly with time make your body develop inflamation, sensitivities, infections, or even autoimmune diseases and neurological problems. You can't even have an MRI scan cause the heavy metals can burn your skin by interacting with the strong magnetic fields. But i guess you have made a pact with death to never get cancer or some other condition that needs to be scanned right?

Misdiagnoses are caused by tattooing as well. Doctors detected melanoma in a man or had to open the lymph nodes of a woman only to discover what actualy lied there was ink from their tattoos that invaded and was concentrated with time.

A spate of mycobacterial skin infections in 22 people across four states in 2011 and 2012 was tied to a few specific brands of ink. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in conjunction with local departments of public health, were able to contain these infections through intense tracking and investigation.

More serious tattoo-induced skin disorders like sarcoidosis, lichen planis and lupus-like reactions are increasingly reported in current literature. These skin problems can be more long-lasting and leave permanent scarring.

A study reported in Hepatology found that “tattoo exposure is associated with HCV (hepatitis C virus) infection, even among those without traditional risk factors. All patients who have tattoos should be considered at higher risk for HCV infection and should be offered HCV counseling and testing.”

Hepatitis, which is 10 times more infectious than HIV, can be transmitted through needles used by tattoo artists. It is the reason the American Red Cross restricts blood donations from individuals with newer tattoos.

More recently, the Food and Drug Administration has become more involved with tattoo inks, stating “Many pigments used in tattoo inks are industrial-grade colors suitable for printers’ ink or automobile paint.” Like the studies started overseas, the agency is now examining the chemical composition of inks and pigments and how they break down in the body.

Allergies – Allergies to various ink pigments in both permanent and temporary tattoos have been reported and can cause serious problems.

Granulomas – These small knots or bumps may form around material that the body perceives as foreign, such as particles of tattoo pigment.

Even removal is not without its conscequences. Current lasers still have limitations in the colors they can erase with added difficulty stemming from more vibrant tattoo colors. Darker pigmented people tend to have less success with certain lasers and require more sessions to avoid skin damage.

Because the laser scatters the pigment particles under the skin for removal by the body, the issues with infections, scarring and the ink spreading become a concern again. Tattoos covering extensive areas of the body are simply too large to tackle in one session, and could take years to remove.

Laser complications include pain, blistering, scarring and, in some cases, a darkening of the tattoo ink can occur, according to dermatologists.

"It's my choice".

Is it now? How about all the rockstars, the pop "idols", the actors and symbols that defined your culture all these decades? That programmed your brain from a young age to consider tattoos and peircings cool. (Do you have any idea how shamelessly had the tobacco industry popularised smoking? Showing cool, "manly" cowboys, and strong, "independent" femme fatals smoking, followed by catchy phrases, to show that: "here, that's how you'll become too". Actors, artists, all "cool people".) Or all the anticonformist- supposed- rebels and anarchists angry teenages look up to? Unique decision? Something million others around you also blindly do? Sounds more like mimicry and fashion to me. Your friends did it, it looks "cool", why not you as well? Peer pressure, the need to stand out, industry's advertisement. Growing in a society that glorifies its ephemeral values and condemns most values of the past as outdated. How "yours" is yours exactly? You don't even get to define your own beauty and self image perception. You have the industry yearly do it for you.

The "it's my body" argument.

Well, if it is your body, the poor vessel happens to have an irresponsible owner that doesn't deserve it at all. And where this notion stems from really? If you were a woman 2 milenias ago in ancient Rome, you'd probably believe you are a Res, a disposable object, ownership of your father or husband. (you'd might as well be marked like a cow with the signature of your owner. well no problem though, you can still do it yourself today). Or if you were a slave to a squire or you were a defeated shamed warrior that sworn servantship to his victorious master. Would have a totally different perception.

So... how have we got to the point where in the name of ego and property, everything is permitted? How did this transition happen exactly? And how much of it is legit humane rights evolution and how much distorted wickedness in disguise? Where this newfound "liberty of absolute ownership" everyone so passionately preaches, originates from? The flawless, all knowing, self righteous individual. Me, me, me. My body, my self, my rights, my world, my tastes. My body, preaches the feminist and slaughters her helpless, voiceless, unborn human child. This seperation, this me against the world attitude is the source of most human misery. If i were to interpret the christians' Genesis i'd say what revelation the forbidden fruit actually gave to the First Ones, was a sense of seperation from their God and from each other. The beginning of all divisions.

Depression is the most prevailing sickness in the modern western world. Hurt narcissism, unatural expectations never- of course - being met, spiritual and physical isolation, suspicion towards others, self loathing, jealousy and envy. All these parasites that eat us from the inside. This modern version ego-god subject was a long breeded product of "Enlightment", the "Reformation", the industrial and scientific revolution, and their child capitalism. You are raised in the environment of a free market culture whose absolute value and penultimate purpose is profit. You grew up brainstormed with advertisements that appeal to your lower instincts greed, lust, rage, the need to showoff. Bombarded with messages promising instant gratification, bullet pill solutions, global adoration and acceptance, and unearthly bliss... if you buy our product.

Politicians treating you the same, parents as well. A culture that pets your ego since day 1 of your life, so you end up believing you are a special snowflake. But this phalic stage delusion gradually begins to fade as you approach adulthood and you notice you are not that special at all. The unfairness and hierarchy in the world is overwhelming, the need to excell drowns in the vastness of the homogenous masses. A longterm collection of mistakes demystifies in your consciousness your infantile divinity illusion. Thus we come to the point where we have a mass of "special snowflakes" striving to scream their uniqueness to the world. To leave their own mark (even if that is a cowardice unheard voice on their skin with no real life societal impact at all), to make everyone believe, to help themselves believe it, that they are not like the rest. That they piss on their parents values and will not repeat the same mistakes with them.

They take their long concentrated adolescent rage and resentment. Their unlovedness or the overlovedness and overprotection they received from their parents, and transmutate it in a potent motivational weapon and an unquenchable will to bestow their "unprecedented" legacy. Where all other "stupid" generations failed, they will succeed. Thus we witness the spiral cycle continuum of everchanging fashions and youth cultures (hippie, glam rock, milenials etc) with each generation. Eventually all this misused momentum seems to magically vanish of course when they hit their 40s- usually- and just settle down in becoming a clone of their parents (not rarely worse version), of what they so mocked and sworn will avoid. And the world? Still the same.

At this point, one could blame my view as pessimistic, and that it implies we should dwell in total apathy cause no progress is ever possible. That's not what i'm saying at all. And progress is definitely possible if we take the right approach. you can't battle fire with fire. It's like the mistake the anarchists do. You can't fight the state by becoming a smaller scale, individual version of the state. Resentment and unfairness aren't resolved with resentment and unfairness. Violence with violence. The absolute authority and omniscience of the governing body, becoming the omniscience of the "individual". We need a reference frame. Universal, humane values, that enlight and unite us. We need serenity, non violent protest and non violence in general both internally and externally, constant progress, love, and one spiritedness.

We also need to broaden our horizons and perceptive ability. We are so consumed in the "moment". In now. There is nothing before, or after now, right? There were no prisoners marked with numbers, no genociders marking their victims as animals awaiting in the line for their slaughter, no savages marking themselves to satisfy the blood thirsty entities they conceived and worshiped. And the future? You have already ensured you will never get sick and need scanning, your body will never have implications because of the ink, a close relative of yours might not ever need your blood transfusion recently after you were inked. Right?

We fail to think outside time. What about your decade older self, who- if you properly develop- would probably not ever bother to talk to his immature decade younger self. Whose very body cells will have almost complete got renewed, and will be figuratively and literally another person, will have to deal with your current rushed decision. Why? Your potential future career might be sabotaged.

Your potential great future partner be turned off and leave for that old decision. (i know what you'll say here, "if he really loves me will accept it as it is bla bla". well do not exclude the possibility you might lose an indeed loving partner because of it, because he was raised with certain values, world view etc.). Making irreversible choices is not merely a responsibility towards yourself but a responsibility towards humanity in general.

You might even deprive earth from the next DaVinci or Tesla, by not ever mating with that man/woman. Or by never realising your own potential because instead of real hard earned progress and prodution of everlasting Work, you chose the superficial and easy solution, a body written message. What about if you become a fugitive for some reason?

You never know where life and circumstances will take you. You understand you will just ensure being identified and caught by your tattoo right? Or if you are an assassination target. You also completely overlook the values and feelings of other humans. In your dire need to scandalise and stand out, you disregard that a huge population percentage views that decision of yours as a blasphemy or as an omen of misfortune. But you are above others' feelings right?

You might never have children who might question you about your tattoo choices. You might never find a new faith, religion or cosmotheory which will make you regret the permanent choices of your former self. You can safely predict, that you will never live in an environment where tattooed people are heavy looked down upon or even persecuted. right? (I hope this never happens but noone knows what future societies have in store for us. The point is for people to mentally transcend this need themselves. It's sad we even have to discuss these matters in 2017).

Also what does that choice say about the potential of the psychology you are breeding? Someone who is capable to do SELF harm, damage his/her very self, for mere looks, adolescent reaction or ideology. What would he/she possibly do to OTHERS if the needed conditions came in fruition? If survival, or starvation were the motivation, or under gun threat? or intense brainwash by a totalitarian regime? What monstrosities would be possible then?

Rationalised violence is still violence despite context. Especially seeing the tendency of the masses to blindly follow fashions in indiscreet mimicry, ain't that the perfect blueprint society for the next genociding army? Furthermore can violence be quantified? So if you have one piercing or 1000, is one act of violence better than 1000 or are both classified as violence no matter the amount?

Sorry for the lengthy essay but i think it might provide to some people food for thought.

18
18

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    'In ancient China it was considered inhuman to have it and only criminals and dessert bandits did it.'
    A. You mean desert, what you wrote implies that the bandits are either wandering around in or steal peoples cakes, pies, or ice cream and b. That's badass
    " If i were to interpret the christians' Genesis i'd say what revelation the forbidden fruit actually gave to the First Ones, was a sense of seperation from their God and from each other. The beginning of all divisions."
    I'm not a christian I'm a pagan
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1717
  • JustinTheGreat
    If you don't like tattoos then dont get a tattoo
    If you don't like piercings then don't get a piercing.

Live your own life and mind your own business instead of worrying about what other people do with their bodies
    • Anonymous

i'm a Human so there is no "my business". everyone's business is MY business. cause if the others aren't living optimally the consequences will go avalanche effect on me and my children as well. and as we discussed there is NO YOUR BODY. there is a temporary loan that belongs to humanity and you ought to use for optimal improvement of the world.

• You must have no life then if what other people do effect you that much

• Anonymous

ONLY if what other people do affects you that much you truly have any life. If one person sees the big, longterm picture that i see, i've achieved something.

• FallOutBoy2001
    1. Toxicity of the heavy metals: The compounds do not straight up contain heavy metal. Many do contain compounds with heavy metals, which are not dangerous by themselves unless you're allergic to them. Nothing that you talked about will happen if you're not allergic and most people aren't. Furthermore, exactly what neurological problems are you talking about? I googled it and nothing came up.

2. Getting blood-borne illnesses from the needles: Yeah, you won't get one if you go to a proper, lincensed, tattoo parlor. If they follow proper sterilization procedures, and they have to if they're licensed, you won't get one. Don't get a tattoo from a shady parlor and you'll be fine.

3. Printer ink comment: Yeah, I'm looking for reports of that, but I'd imagine if/when I find one it'll be in relation to some shady tattoo place, or how and why it's safe to use as tattoo ink.

4. Granulomas/allergies: Yup, both of those are real dangers. Shit happens sometimes.

7. Tattoo removal: Don't get inked if you don't know what you want.

8. "It's my choice": I full acknowledge that the people in the media I admire, like musicians , played a role in me wanting a tattoo. Most of my "icons", as you put it, are more anti-conformist as well. I'm not doing it to be unique or look cool. I'm doing it to immortalize something important to me on my skin.

9. Abortion vs tattoo: I don't see how getting a tattoo is like getting an abortion. One kills a bunch of cells (or a human being, if you view it that way) while the other adds a decoration, which, although not useful other than for aesthetic purposes, isn't harmful to anyone around you.

10. The modern era: Yeah, I really don't give a damn about whether I'm "special" or not. I mean, I'm in a national gifted and talented program, but I am a bit of a dork, so in the grand scheme of things I'm remarkably normal. I'd like to leave my mark (hopefully as some sort of science advancement) and not repeats the mistakes of my parents, but getting a tattoo has nothing to do with that.

11. Tagging: You know what else fe people used to mark prisoners? Clothing. Should we all be naked? No, that argument is ridiculous.

12. Future
    You are not ensuring you'll never get sick, or an MRI , plus you could donate the blood beforehand. If a future job/spouse doesn't want your over a tattoo, they weren't good for you anyway. If I'm a fugitive, it's better for everyone if I get caught
    • Also, morality. I could write a paper on that. For example, I went to Warped tour this summer. Most people there have tattoos. This, you believe, is self harm, and if someone dare self-harm (which, may I add, has more of a correlation about how you feel about yourself that what you would willingly do to other people - I would rather die that kill or severely disable another person but I have struggled with self-harm in the past) than they would be less moral. Considering the non-alternative crowd (i. e no tattoos) is the one beating me up and calling me names, that seems counterintuitive.

• Anonymous

1) They are not dangerous by themselves. They are always dangerous. Heavy metals are toxic against humans universally. As for neurological effects there's been a case in my country where the boy's nervous system was inhibited and he developed dangerous nightmares and hallucinations. no drugs or schizophrenia were involved.
      2) fine is subjective if you consider fine endagering your body.
      3) That's what you get, sorry for bringing that up, but thats what you get in your body.
      4) shit happens= lets do it?
      8) there is no immortalisation on your skin. your skin will decompose in a few decades. Its the production of Work that immortalises ideas.
      9) you are a bunch of cells too, shall we abort you?
      10) failed to get the point. i'm giving you the basis of your psychology, tendencies, and societal background.
      11) did you see anyone walking around with concentration camp clothes? marking people like animals isn't unrelated AT ALL.
      12) you could be a fugitive-victim, or you could be persecuted for

• Anonymous

being a rebel against a totalitarian regime. like a guerilla. should you be captured then? if you struggled for justice and freedom? or for freedom of speech?
      13) self harm is against adressed by the psychological introduction of the second part. despair, ungreatfulness, attention seeking, all products of human narcissism and totally adressable except if we are talking about some serious neurological disturbance. you never know what you are capable to do to others either. not unless you are extremely pressured under such circumstances. ONLY WAY to build some natural resistence against that is to practice higher consciousness and non violence from your youth till it becomes second nature.

• 

• Neverrrmore
    Stop drinking the kool aid of whatever cult you're from please.
    media.salon.com/2015/10/jim_jones-620x412.jpg
  • martyfellow
    Yes! Kids are being raised to be good soldiers. They prate about their rights but have no regard for anyone else's. And no regard for themselves essentially, since as you say, everything is done only for the moment. The future doesn't exist, nor the past and its lessons.

I don't agree with every detail in this long essay, but I agree with the overall thrust of your argument for sure.
  • JulieXO
    Lost interest halfway through, your arguments are really not compelling. Just let people have their tattoos, geez. They look cool af.
    • Anonymous

these health dangers and potential implications are more than enough. and you are a doctor? haha omg where are we going... .

• JulieXO

Getting a tattoo doesn't mean you'll get hep C. I don't know where you're from, but in my country, tattoos tend to be done in quite a hygienic environment, and the artist uses a new needle for each client.
      Misdiagnoses happen, tha's just a fact. Whether or not you have tattoos doesn't make much of a difference.
      Not all tattoo ink contains metal. It is actually very unusual, if it's been done in the 21st century. So the MRI shouldn't be a risk either.
      You can be allergic to peanuts, just like you can be allergic to ink. Should you never eat peanut butter, just in case?

Yes, there are some risks, but it's like this with literally everything nowadays. If you applied your logic to everything, you couldn't ever leave your house.

• Anonymous

this is not a natural practice nor helpful in anyway. and always has underlying dangers that aren't needed to be taken. you fail to adress all other issues as well. i don't judge you about it. you probably can't you are a generation where very few kids can SEE most just look around what go with the flow. when we haven't adressed our inner violence and ignorance, we can't fight the violence in the outside world.

• Littlett25
    Fuck yeah! I've been waiting for part 2 for like a whole day now. Can't wait to get a tattoo sometime in the future!
  • Scrambledagain
    I've never seen someone make such an issue around tattoos 😂 My mom would even tell you to calm down and I broke her heart when I got my first one.

Let me ask you a question. You are going full throttle with the whole "you shouldn't get tattoos because everyone is doing it" argument. But now if I listened to you and not get a tattoo, wouldn't I be the very thing you are complaining about?

Look. If you are clever. This is one of those topics that you will never win, will never convince anybody and frankly a waste of YOUR time. So accept some people get them some people don't and get on with your life.
    • Anonymous

no. thats circular logic fallacy. there is no mindless mimicry in non violence. but in violence and fashion? a lot are to be challenged there.

• SweetHomicidalQueen
    Honey... tattoos are just ink on skin... please... research a topic before you try to um "educate" others on it... and hiding behind an anon... or at least get better bait.
    • Anonymous

and prisoners in Dachau had "just ink" and a nice little number, before they get in rows in the gas chamber.

• It isn't the ink itself that is terrible but the symbolism behind it. The swastika used to be a symbol of peace until Hitler, so a tattoo of a swastika Pre-Holocaust would have been equaled to the peace sign now. But due to that moment it is now a symbol of hate.

• Anonymous

for thousands of years now ink on human skin was a symbol of crime, genocide, unfairness, societal classes, and all wonderful things. we can't erase the past. they are a blood drenched symbol.

• John_Doesnt
    It's mostly based on religious beliefs and you'd have to refute religion first. You can no more tell these people to stop getting tattoos than you can tell Jewish people to eat some bacon or tell Muslims to remove the hijab. Or tell Christians to accept evolution.
    Debunking their religious beliefs is the first step.
  • MaciJ
    This bish is too much😂 You put so much into ur trolls it's awesome. Fuckin tryhard 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • Notorisch_Arschloch
    I've got a counter argument: it's legal and there's nothing you can do about it.

I got a right mind to go fire up my tattoo gun and do a few self touch ups right now...

www.reactiongifs.us/.../...inger_homer_simpson.gif
  • vishna
    Ya, but are getting tattoos gonna make me shoot up the corn and kill the locusts?
    That's my concern you never got to.
    media.istockphoto.com/.../gmo-corn-picture-id504264373
  • MaiNameIsSunshine
    Just stop. Why do you care so much? Leave all us normal folks alone 🙄. Most of your "logic" stems from your conspiracy theories and thinking about how it used to be. This is the present so move on from what things "used to be like".
  • Chico_brah
    I actually like how this was written even though I disagree. I have three tattoos most of which are military. I don't really have time to offer a full-fledged debate right now considering that you would bring a challenge. Maybe later some time tomorrow.
  • Jshdbhdbd
    Why do you care if other people have tattoos or not? it has a negative background, but you're taking something that used to be negative and making it a positive thing. It's considered a form of art, for example this woman:
    youtube. com/watch? v=OO8nE--a5yg

Also the thing about the partner, a person's decision to get a tattoo determines the type of person they are, so their true partner would be someone that's fine with them having a tattoo because they like a person that has something like that.
    About talking with the younger self, I'm pretty sure no one wants to talk to their younger self regardless of whether they have tattoos or not, our younger selves are immature regardless.
    People who get tattoos in the moment are straight up just dumb people. A responsible person plans to get a tattoo and considers all the things you just listed. It's not like all people who have tattoos decided to get it in the moment.
    I believe a tattoo could be a form of unity. Any form of art can be a form of unity. Also, getting a tattoo isn't some sort of trend it has been around for thousands of years. There are also parents that are fine with someone getting a tattoo when they're an adult, and even if they didn't that's simply part of being a parent, knowing that their child is now an adult and they're their own person and if they don't listen to them, then fine that's their decision. Tattoos isn't an escape from depression I'm not sure where that came from.

I don't know if you wanted a tattoo and someone told you something like this, and I don't know what caused you to have this hate for tattoos. But you honestly shouldn't let someone or any other outside force determine the decisions you make in life. I just wanna put that out there...
  • ThisAndThat
    Here's my take on tattoos. I don't need any reasons not to care for them because I never have and here's why. My opinion doesn't apply to men because I'm a guy and I don't look at men. Tattoos to me they make the skin look dirty and they take away from a girl's beauty and cheapens their looks. I simply don't care for them never have never will and truthfully they really serve no useful purpose.
  • TuMeManques
    I personally don't like tattoos and think most people who get one will live to regret it. In 50 years there's going to be a bunch of old people running around with wrinkly ink blotches all over their body but whatever floats their boat!
  • MisterSir
    tl;dr, tl;dc, dr;dc, etc.

got three tats now, and i will be getting more.
    this has only encouraged me to get them sooner :)
  • Nataliewin
    Lol this is close to the dumbest thing I ever heard. I have literally 5 tattoos and 33 piercings and zero problems with any of it. As long as u use surgical steel of the expensive kind no problem
  • Blitzkrieger
    if we are not individuals and we are all part of humanity like you say. sooner or later an authority figure will rise up to subject all of humanity to its authority. what are you going to do to resist that authority? non violent protest?
    • Anonymous

If Gandhi did it, it IS possible. But i won't disagree in some cases defense might be needed.

• ghandi was never killed. stalin would kill you on suspicion of disagreements alone. the reason why he lost the winter war was because he had assassinated too much of his own generals. there were no capable military personnel left to lead his army. non violent protest would not have helped in that case.

• bloodmountain1990
    Wow, never seen someone make such a big deal out of tattoos.

That being said I got my first and plan on getting more.
  • Phoenix98
    Nicely written but I disagree.

Bottom line if you don't like tattoo's or piercings good for you, don't get either, but mind your own business when it comes to other peoples lives. What they do is their business not yours. And even though you may find it hard to believe but your view of the world isn't everyone else and what you want isn't what everyone else wants.

I plan on getting a few tattoo's by the way I'll be sure to think of you and the ridiculous statement this makes when I get them.
  • BronzedAdonis
    drama queen much?
    • Anonymous

bimbo boy much-er?

• Dred1614returns
    I wouldn't go as far as "barbaric violence", but yeah, they're disgusting.
  • cupidkisses
    Well written
  • bellaf666
    It ain't that deep...
  • Coconutty
    Tldr
  • Robertcw
    Should add circumcision to this list.
  • Browneye57
    Here here!
  • Ladyslipper
    Still getting more tats lol
  • SunSetInTheEast
    Woow! Nicely written 😊
  • Anonymous
    Admittedly I didn't read It all.
    It was very long which tires me out.
    I already have fillings in my teeth so if heavy metals are to kill me, they are already at work.
    I am completely indifferent to tattoos.
    This world is already a hell. It's already completely horrible. As human beings we have failed and lost our humanity.
    There is no helping anyone.
    You're entire life is lived in vain.
  • Anonymous
    See, kids, that's why you shouldn't join cults.
  • Anonymous
    Your body, your choice. If people want tattoos they can get them. What they were in the past is completely irrelevant. Inform people of the risks, but don't judge them or tell them what to do
    • Anonymous

i judge violence and the perpetuation of low consciousness. not the human persons.

• Anonymous

It's not really violence if they want it

• Anonymous

there is such a thing as a foul will. just because your current self desires something this desire isn't self justifiable. you are not an absolute authority of your own nor do individual truths exist. individualism is the mother of divisions, there can be only one universal Truth. if your life, desires and heart aren't revolved around that cosmos you are a potentian danger against Humanity and yourself. And while it seems like a partial deprivation of freedom, on the contrary, its the absolute freedom to be relieved by your prejudices and all the bondages that limit your spirit.