"When a Woman earns more Money than her Man"

natured

Maybe some of you remember my question about this topic and my personal experience ... and the answers and arguments WHERE HEATED !!! Go ahead click on the link below and check the amazing comments:

WOMAN > MAN = $ (the direct link that leads you to my question 4 days ago)

Usually most of us were raised in families where our Father, the male figure, not only made most of the money but also made most of the important decisions.

But what if the woman takes that role and takes most of the decisions for various reasons ?

Are we breaking the law of nature? Should we as Women accept the fact of switching roles ?

Our mothers dream for their daughters was to earn as much money as a man, a revolutionary concept that got embraced. But nobody ever thought that TODAY a woman might actually earn more money than the opposite gender.

Do Women mind ? And most importantly, DO MEN MIND ?

These are the results from the poll :

So surprisingly, most of the people didn't mind that a Woman can be a bread winner, without ruining somebodies "manhood" .

It might be true that a man’s ability to single-handedly support his family was a point of pride a generation ago, but now both are considered to be ABLE to run a family equally, accepting and respecting this status.

I think it is possible, we just need to coordinate our thoughts and change aspects, and most definitely accept each other without making the partner feel anything LESS.

This does not mean that a Man is NOT ENOUGH FOR HER, and that HE has to do more for her, this actually puts your LOVE to test, to see if "she is still around even if you lost your job" kind of situation.

The problem is that society puts so much emphasis on money and social standing and it becomes difficult and hard to accept, to feel like someone’s equal if you make less money than them.

But WE SHOULD COLLABORATE, we should celebrate our equality and it's possibilities NOW THAT WE CAN.

It is important to remember that at the end of the day, our paycheck is not what defines us.

We are worth much more than any amount of money we could earn.

So let's change the world by accepting diversity, by welcoming something fresh and wonderful such as equality, and accepting Women as bread winners.

Thank you

20
11

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    Let's not kid ourselves. Money is important. Money is what is keeping you off the streets and why you're going to bed at night with a full belly. That said, it doesn't matter who makes more or how much someone is making. I think relationships are personal and if the woman making more works for the couple then that's great.

As someone who is with an unemployed boyfriend, I can tell you that the seeming of resentment is there and I do mind. I'm not looking to support someone who can't help themselves.
    Is this still revelant?
    • singlebee

How long has he been unemployed?

• natured

@singlebee It should not matter to you dear :) she is having her situation under control and i love it.

Most Helpful Guy

• madhatters4
    i don't believe there are laws of nature in relationships aside from biological differences.

couples should define the roles that suit them best. i'd only care that my wife earned more money than me in that it would mean we are making substantially more as a family which would be a great thing
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1019
  • SmartButBroke
    I mean... I don't think my mother's dream for me was to be able to make as much as a man, and I don't think, generally, it's necessarily about a man making more money or "providing."

I think a lot of women are looking for someone "on their level," which means they want you to make roughly the same, have the same "level" of profession, same educational achievements. As a bisexual woman, I have found that women are the problem when it comes to people having issues around who earns how much, because a lot of women make it clear they won't date you without your being "equal" to them or better, basically equating finances and career to worth as a person. It's not like they're open to people who earn less but the men act like cavemen when they hear you make more and run off with a wounded male ego.

Look at my sn, because it's the truth--I don't have much. I can surpass most women educationally, but cannot equal them as far as career and money, and most women who could be potential matches for me will not consider me because of it. It's not at all that no women would date below them financially, because both of my sisters make way more than their husbands (I'm black, and that's actually not uncommon among black women--black women usually make more than non-celeb/athletic black men, so dating men who make less and aren't breadwinners is almost the only option for straight black women, aside from interracial dating). But the number of women I'd have to deal with making me feel less than and then rejecting me (especially not being a black man) just to get to one who won't is not worth it, and I basically accept that I'm not really going to be dating women at this point.

So, it's a sore issue for a lot of people and it affects dating, but not necessarily for reasons you and maybe some other women might think.

The other thing is--didn't look at your other stuff, but--a lot of people on GAG are young, i. e. 16-25. The older women get, the more they care about how much you make and what you do for a living and reject you based on such info. When I was younger, I had no problem dating women because of this. Now that I'm in my 30s, it's totally different.
    • natured

I understand where you are coming from, and maybe all of this has to do mainly with differences on mentality and culture, i am from Italy, and usually Italian WOMEN are considered as the MAN OF THE HOUSE, and this does not mean that she has to EARN MORE than her MAN, but this is a super normal thing in our culture,

but i am mixed i am half Italian half Eastern european and i was raised with both cultures at the same time, so my expanded horizon in this aspect MADE ME TOLERANT, tolerant as in : I DON'T CARE IF HE OR SHE makes more money than me, because LOVE to me cannot be measured in MONEY, to me, love and happiness are two elements (if you want to call them so) that dominate my life in every aspect.

Of course meeting different cultures at once on G@G, everyone has their own ideas because everyone was raised differently and everyone measures their needs and priorities in different ways.

I love your answer, and honestly, you DESERVE somebody who treats you like a QUEEN <3

• redeyemindtricks
    I earn the vast majority of our household income. My husband makes an income, too -- but he's part-time, and his share is entirely disposable income (we live well below *my* means, let alone both of ours).

The term "stay-at-home" is relative, since we are both freelancers who work primarily from home and are in complete control of our schedules. As such, it's generally very easy for either of us to pick up the slack when it comes to the kids (we have three, and are in the midst of adopting two more), especially if one of us is sick, stressed, or loaded down with more than the usual amount of work.
    My husband is the kids' primary caretaker. His work is 100% out of his workshop in a converted fraction of our garage, and it consists pretty much exclusively of large commissions on relatively long-term deadlines... so he has the flexibility to work 0 hours for several weeks straight, if absolutely necessary. So, whenever I have to travel to meet clients or go to trade shows, THAT is when he is the "stay-at-home" parent.

In any case -- Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate the term "stay-at-home" might be, it's stupid to think anything is wrong with what he does, or that he's any less of a man as a result. Fuck no.
    He's always been devastatingly sexy... but that went to a whole 'nother level the first time I ever saw him holding our baby in his arms, and, it's been that way ever since.

It helps that he is NOT the "sensitive type" in general, at all. Quite the opposite, he's literally a former delinquent from the street, and he pretty much shows no emotion for anyone or anything -- except his wifey (that's me  ) and his children. That's what really makes the whole thing work.

Cooking is something both of us do. I can cook an entire week's meals for all 5 of us -- including meals calibrated to precise fat/carb/protein/calorie numbers for me and him -- AND pack them all in about 1 hour and 10 minutes, so, it's stupid to think that cooking is a big imposition.

As for cleaning -- I hire a team of maids to deep-clean our house once or twice a month. They deep-clean the entire house for what I make in less than half a day's work, so... yeah. The rest of the cleaning, the five of us just get done.

Most importantly, at the end of the day, this is my husband's house. He is DEFINITELY the head of this family.
    Anyone who thinks that headship has ANYTHING to do with bringing in a paycheck... doesn't understand headship.
    Doesn't understand it at all.
  • Rainie_
    My mum is the breadwinner in our family, due to her success she got our family out of the ghetto area we were living in when I was young 😅 and got us up to Middle to higher middle class where we are now.

The things that are possible if only you give your partner a chance... Traditional roles aren't always the answer.
  • alice55
    In France when a women earn more than her husband it pratically always lead to a divorce because the guys doesn't feel manly.
    • natured

In italy it's not that way :) well in most cases it's not... at least not in my case and i don't think it will ever be.

• alice55

I'm surprised for Italy. There's lot of Italian where I live and they're quite macho

• sedrftvgyhujik
    Well if all women only date guys making more than them your left with both a lot of guys not earning much and a lot of women earning a lot.
    These pepole also want some one so a growing number of wealthy women are going to have to date less wealthy guys or chose to stay single.
    Infact there's a chance women in general could be making more than us in 30-40 years time.
  • UnknownXYZ
    www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-crossed(c).gif

I commend your passion for this topic.

www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-aha(d).gif

It is just such a shame both men and women still strongly uphold traditional gender roles.
  • Jager66
    I was reading a study about this a while ago and it said something to the effect of. "Women enjoy it at first but over the long term they resent their husbands for making less and are much more likely to divorce." The women in this situation are also more likely to cheat...

/just-sayin-for-waht-it's-worth.
  • John_Doesnt
    A poll on a website doesn't prove anything. Because women lie about all their shallow beliefs.
    Just like polls will show men only care about a woman's breast size up to a C. When the fact is most guys I talk to want a DD.
  • Kayla43
    I'd love for that to happen, XD. But currently my boyfriend does make more than me.. but I'm okay with it. :)
  • CountryLesbian
    Between me and my future wife, I would not care which one makes more money. As long, we both have great jobs!!

That's the same if I was straight or bi sexual and marry to a guy
  • ADFSDF1996
    I wouldn't mind if my future wife earns more money than me, at least I still earn money. In fact it's actually a turn on for me because it shows that she truly loves me and doesn't only want my money.
  • I never got why it is, that paychecks define a man's success... and hopefully never will.
    Having said that, I fully agree with this! :)
  • RealandGenuine
    It shouldn't matter, who earns more. What's most important is that both are bringing something to the table.
  • FýrdracaDócincel
    There are far easier and far more effective ways to convey strength, protection and support than making big $$$.
  • Jude_Wills
    You write all this wow 😊. Really appreciate your work
  • Djaaaay
    I'm quite sure about myself and my accomplishments. Highly unlikely any woman will make anything near my financial achievements.
  • neoagent1
    I would be totally ok if the woman I spend the rest of my life with earned more money than me. We can take expensive exotic vacations together.
  • singlebee
    Lol most women won't date a guy who makes less than them... they simply reject that guy... Even if he has many things to offer as a partner which might be the one from them...

So I am completely OK with women or my girlfriend earning more... my ego won't bet deflated...

But it's just that most women who won't date guys who earn less than them cause they think that guy is a loser... I don't get it why cause a mans worth is seen only through money... and other things like PERSONALITY, loyalty, as overall person doesn't matter to women... Which is a sad thing..

But it's only a loss for the women.

• Love_Is_Eternal
    Well the more power women have been given over marriage and family, the more marriage and family has declined. I do believe that men are more hard wired to be providers and protectors, and women more hard wired to raise children and look after the house. I also believe that men are better at handling authority and leadership. But since those roles have been reversed or eroded, marriage and family has gone down the toilet and both men and women, according to multiple studies, have become more unhappy.
  • AnnieZheng
    woman give birth to baby so woman usually suffered more. and you can't say if she needn't give birth to baby...
  • msg812
    If it was ok for my future partner, it would be ok for me too. No problem.
  • Blitzkrieger
    i hope this will take some of the pressure of men in society to "provide" whatever that means.
  • Mr_Sensative
    Yea I think evolutionarily that is horse shit that dries up the pussy.
  • Anonymous
    Would you date a guy who works at McDonald's and planned to stay there for the rest of his life?
    • natured

Yes I would why not?

• Anonymous

You, lady, are a breath of fresh air.

• Anonymous
    my mom earn nothing :D
  • Anonymous
    women care about their appearance even though men don't care about their vigina shape and saggy tits.
    Like men care about their jobs and money even though women want a man who respects her. Men should get out of the traditional sexist thought that men should be provider and women whould be homemaker. Well, maybe some of them think being a provider can have more rights and cool so they wanna be a provider.
  • Anonymous
    This is a topic i often struggle with. In theory it seems logical to me that it should not even matter, but the sad reality is that i think i need help. Almost all my previous girlfriends earn less than me and i feel comfortable with it for some reason.

I don't know why, but i cannot bring myself to dating a girl that earns more than me. I have always felt like its my duty to protect and provide for my family. I realize that my thinking is ancient and i need professional help, but it doesn't seem to change how i feel. Its so bad that even if you told me to have sex with a 10/10 girls who was earning more than me... believe or not... i would not even get an erection... sad
  • Anonymous
    That's all fine a good, but it does nothing to change the fact that a man's value is still based mostly on his ability to earn money, and it is WOMEN who make it so.

Women are attracted to earning power, whether they are conscious of it or not. It's an issue that we (society) tiptoe around and pretend not to see. It's the 800 lb gorilla in the room that political correctness forbids us from openly acknowledging. But we all know it is a fact, especially men. Boys know it from a very early age. We are surrounded by the unmistakable signs that can't be denied.

So all this talk about men not needing to feel bad if their wives earn more than them really does nothing to make men feel any better about themselves, since in society's eyes it does indeed speak very directly to men's perceived value. So it is a little disingenuous to suggest this is all just a matter of men's egos.
  • Anonymous
    women making more than men? that's a joke, according to trump