Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

the_bright_one

Whether patriarchy has ever managed society or not, we can safely say there is always a feminist queefing out books about the end of patriarchy.

There is, surprisingly, very little data available about what life would be like in a society made up of only men or only women. Though feminists claim women would be better at running the world.

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

A social scientist might want to perform an experiment where groups of men and groups of women are left to their own devices, having to work together to survive against the elements and build a civilization from scratch. However, this scientist would have a very hard time convincing ethical review boards that the inevitable suffering of his participants would weight up against the value of the data.

Well...

Reality television is not bound by ethical constraints.

A few years ago, I had the pleasure of watching the Dutch version of Survivor (Expeditie Robinson) with my feminist roommate. That particular season would have two islands, one populated by men and one populated by women. My roommate had been promoting that particular series to me and the other students in the house for weeks because it would show us, according to her, what a society run by women (free from the evils of patriarchy) would be like.

Oh boy...

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

Here is what happened: initially both groups were dropped on their respective islands, given some supplies to get started and left to fend for themselves. In both groups there was some initial squabbling as people tried to figure out a local hierarchy. The men pretty much did whatever they felt was necessary... there was no leader giving orders.

Men who felt like hunting, foraging or fishing did so. Another guy decided he was fed up with sitting on sand and started making benches. Others built a hut that gradually grew and evolved. Another guy cooked every night. Within days a neat little civilization was thriving, each day being slightly more prosperous than the previous one.

The women....

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

They settled into a routine as well. The hung up a clothesline to dry their towels, then proceeded to sunbathe and squabble. Because unlike men, women were unable to do anything without consensus of the whole group. And because it was a group of at least a dozen women, consensus was never reached. During the next few episodes, the women ate all their initial supplies, got drenched by tropical storms several times, were eaten alive by sand fleas and were generally miserable. The men on the other hand, were quite content. There were disagreements of course, but they were generally resolved.

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

Eventually, the people running the program decided something had to change. In order to help the women out, three men would be selected to go to their island!!!

In return, three women would take their place at the men’s island.

Initially, the three men selected for the women’s island were ecstatic, for obvious reason. But then they arrived at the island and were greeted by the women.

"Where is your hut?", they asked.

"We have no hut"

"Where are your supplies?" they asked, dismayed

"We ate all the rice"

And so on. The three men ended up working like dogs, using all the skills developed by trial and error in their first few weeks – building a hut, fish, trying to get the women to forage...

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men

The women...

They continued to bitch and sunbathe. The three women who were sent to the men’s island were delighted. Food, shelter and plenty of male attention was freely available. They too continued to sunbathe.

And that my friends, is what patriarchy is!!!

Feminist Camille Paglia once said "If women ran society, we'd still be living in mud huts."

I always thought that was a little harsh, but Survivor US, UK and Dutch, the SAME thing happened.

That particular season of Dutch Survivor is not unique. CBS broadcast several Survivor seasons in the US, where men and women started off in separate groups. In most cases (the Amazon and One World), the result was the same. The men quickly got their act together, getting access to food, fire and shelter while the women spent a lot of time and energy on petty little squabbles, eating their meager supplies, getting drenched in storms and generally being pathetic. The opposite situation, where men didn’t get their act together while women quickly built a functional micro society, has not yet been observed outside of feminist fiction, and it probably never will. Ha!

Survivor Experiment: Women vs. Men
20
50

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous
    Women won't admit it because they are stubborn, but men don't need women except for sex and making new people.
    Women can't live without men because men create and sustain everything that makes their lives easy and livable.
    Without men women would perish. There is no sustainable society maintained completely by women.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Without men, most women couldn't get their oil changed. (with some happy exceptions)

• Anonymous

@WalterRadio I love the pink down votes. As if disagreeing somehow makes the points invalid. The video posted shows how women and men respond to survival instinct.
      Women generally would perish, unless men were there to save them.

• "As if disagreeing somehow makes the points invalid"
      Standard liberal operating procedure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Iddy_Bella
    I 100% agree with this post. Men are better at survival, that's why we need them. Women are better at giving birth, raising children, etc. As sexist as that may sound, we are better at those things than men. If we combine the knowledge or men and the knowledge of women, the world would be a different place :)
    Is this still revelant?
    • AdamThomas

All that sexism really means is acknowledging that there's a difference between men and women. What you're saying should be common sense, and the world you describe was the world before modern times/feminism which has brainwashed people into obsessing over equality.

• Iddy_Bella

@AdamThomas Not before modern times, because there was a lot of abuse on women. I am thinking of a future where everyone understands that men and women are different, however, at the end of the day we are all still human :D

• AdamThomas

A lot of the stuff about the historical abuse of women is exaggerated, and some is pure myth. Even so, much of that came from Christianity - the Abrahamic religions are quite misogynistic after all. Before that, in Europe we were pagan - our ancestors worshipped both Gods and Goddesses and had great respect for women and nature.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1949
  • coralee
    Sorry I'm not going to use "reality" t. v. as a credible source for anything. If they aren't outright scripting it and a lot of so called reality shows do they are masterminding drama behind the scenes to make it interesting to watch and editing things in way to present a storyline. They also purposely choose clashing personality types. Normal people don't get on reality shows.
    • Spawnface

Id mostly agree except I dont think its right to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Sure, there's a lot of scripting through it that undermines the results of the presentation. But, that doesn't mean that everything that occured on such a show is immediately false. Its just not best for a official representation.

• coralee

@Spawnface That isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater that is taking a set of known facts and using it to extrapolate a conclusion that makes the most sense. My conclusion makes far more sense then the OP who tries to use the results of a television show as a brush to paint the entirety of women with. The fact of the matter is the entertainment industry has always catered towards the male view-point. I don't believe this has an inherently malicious intent, but when the majority of people working in an industry are of the same socio-economic background you are going to have inherent biases and pretending otherwise is delusional.

• Spawnface

We could both agree that fairy tales aren't real. But Id hope that you can agree that fairy tales contain truth. Theatre and drama convey truth, these truths are often engineered under a type of bias to illustrate a conclusional belief. The acts of the theatre aren't real but what we percieve in the abstraction of the acts seem to be.

In this particular case it showns city women being silly, opposed to hard working men arch types, or whatever you want to call them. The truths presented seem pretty agreeable, lazy girls dont succeed, hard working boys do.

Ofcoarse, its all the other presumptions that may be slid underneith that that are the problem as you have stated. Clearly, its not indicative of the whole of women, as is implied by the final paragraph from the OP. However, on some micro level, if you were to substitute this group of females for something simular in society the same events would likely occur.

That is what I mean with the baby.

However I think your right with most of you what were saying. I dont really invest much time into TV so I can't say too much about it being catered towards a male POV. Which I wouldn't doubt and seems highly plausible. And certainly such a narrow perspective suggested by the OP is certainly open to scrutiny.

• applesandoranges22
    I already knew the outcome of this. The reason why you see this isn't just because they are women, but because western women have been babied and sheltered. Just this week I helped the entire neighborhood by getting rid of our racoon problem with only 4 people ACTUALLY helping. The whole block is filled with older folks which is a perfect excuse BUT there are some younger females ranging from 16-28. The other 5 males on my block goto work everyday until 11 pm or even later. the younger ladies who went to ''help'' was just dead weight and complained after the first 30 minutes. One of them even told me herself, '' women shouldn't be doing this'' I basically dealt with this problem myself with NO help besides somebody offering me a glass of water which I could have easily gotten at my house down the street. The other 2 girls were just flirting with me and joking around the entire time. it was as if they forgot what we were even doing! To make the two girls feel helpful I told them to go spread out and set up traps, they set up 2 traps in the most dumbest places and then went back to talking with eachother. They were stuck on the most superficial things and it was as if I was baby sitting! the 4 people who I mentioned eariler who helped with the problem were mostly males, one kid who was 14, another male who was 17 and a older guy who was about 50 something BUT there was one girl who was 26 , recently divorced and she clearly was nothing like these other females. I think the problem here is that we dont give out responsibility to a lot of our females in society, and we treat them as if they are these helpless creatures. this makes them turn out like anyone else who gets sheltered. terms like ''daddies little princess'' doesn't just come from nowhere.
    • I agree. It's nurture not nature. We're all programmed to survive.

• @CrystalChild yeah and even my little brother ended up like this. He can't really fend for his self but he really does try and help. the best We can do is hand out responsibility to people.

• Honestly! My little bro used to make 1000+ more than me and he has literally NO savings and no life skills. He couldnt take care of himself if he didn't have his parents to fall back on every month or so. I was raised by my dad and pretty much raised myself. I have no debt and a good amount of savings. I know how to budget, to save, to cook and clean. Take care of my car etc. It's not because I'm better than my brother, my brother is just spoiled af

• RhythmBlack
    Girls are taught to be emotional, mentally and physically dependent on others- how else do you think these women would survive. What is Girls Scouts? Selling cookies or some shit? I don't know.
    Boys on the other hand, are taught to be independent. Boy Scouts teach you survival skills.
    It's like you put a rich person and a poor person in the wild and you tell them to survive on their own for a month. A guarantee you the rich person would barely know how to take care of themselves.
    • its a little bit of that, but its also biological, women are simply naturally more emotional, and more mentally and physically dependent on others on average compared to men. you can raise them to be better at handling that stuff, but they are still not going to be as good at things like this compared to men. Nature made it that way.

• Boy Scouts don't do shit with teaching you survival skills. I would know.

• @FýrdracaDócincel That's the general misconception tho. I think Girl Scouts-cookies
      I think Boy Scouts-Camping

• turnmypainintopower1
    men are naturally better at survival... but that being said that doesn't make them superior, because those men wouldn't be alive if women didn't have the motherly instinct to do anything for her children. We are both good at certain things and we should just accept that and stop fighting it :)
    • but that being said there still can be other factors here involved in the mens success and womens failure.

• alphadoggystyle
    @applesandoranges22

Since you where a coward and blocked me i will reply here, but as always you lost the argument and you where wrong about everything you said, but you are to much of an butthurt idiot to realize it.

The test subjects of the IQ studies numbered in the 100.000s so its very significant. And if you think these numbers are insufficient to make any conclusion then you can make the same argument for every kind of empirical study ever made, but of course thats wrong as many scientists use this evidence to make advancements in medicine and many other innovations, this is the kind of evidence that is always used to optimize things in every area of life. I never used this survivor experiment alone to make the conclusion that men are superior to women, but this along with all the other evidence proves it, regardless of how much to want to deny it or not, it doesn't change anything.
    You cannot argue further because you know you lost, and then blocked me as expected. pathetic.
  • Captmorgan
    As a near psychologist, I have listened to the pains of women, and some aspects of feminism I sympathize - unequal pay, sexual assault, and harassment I am with you 110%.

The rest however, such as being equal will never come to pass. Sorry to say, but while it is my firm belief that men and women are not very different, there are differences.

Long story short, women tend to make better decisions in the short run as they like to put a person's feelings into their decisions, men however tend make better decisions in the long run.

Naturally, this is a social science so you will have exceptions to any observation. With feminists, at least third wave, I feel it's more about superiority and basically when someone says "you can't do it," and your reply, sorry to say, like a child is: "YES I CAN!!! I"LL SHOW YOU!!! "

Regarding the reality TV shows, understand it is a business - they cater to fashion and what sells. Example: on CNN, every week you have some feminist article about women suffering - what about men? Haven't seen one article yet over the past 5 years.

Lastly, how many TV shows or movies are actually based on accurate scientific research? Virtually none. I'm Asian, and the politics are very intense within our families, but it's no where near as hell as extreme as the Kardashians or Jersey Shore.
  • NerdInDenial
    Having been in charge of both an all male division and an all female division on a ship in the middle of the ocean, the male division was less dramatic. With the female division, I felt as if I was Dr. Phil.
  • Jack_stokes
    One glaring flaw in this thinking. Women chosen for reality tv are picked for their charisma, not their skills. It would stand to reason that women who can rely on looks and charm generally dont need to be self industrious.

Admittedly, finding self industrious women would be more difficult, as they dont stand out or show boat.

I do not disagree or agree with the statment that one gender is better then the other at survivor, but just wanted to point that out.
    • There is a big flaw in your argument, you do not actually know what criteria they used for picking the contestants in either group for this specific show. Im sure there where many women and men who applied for this show while knowing what it was about specifically because they had confidence in their own abilities for this type of situation. Otherwise why would they apply for that show when they could have applied for Paradise Hotel or Ex on the beach instead.

• I kinda agree with @OP... howeve mr @op that means the majority of women are useless because at least 60%-70% of women can easily attract men using their body or face so according to your logic, women are still at a disadvantage.

• Jamesol1

Making assumptions with nothing to back it up. It is known men are better at surviving... evolution and history will teach you that (see how i back it up with actual fact).

• oddwaffle
    Men are general better than women when dropped into a strange area due to how they navigate and able to function. Women gets better the longer they stay in an area.

Women become more efficient as they fixes the tiny things and memorize the places where things are. They are also exceeding quick at adapting and copying new skills. So if someone in their group managed to do something then the other women would also learn that in a couple days. The women would become much more cohesive with a leader. The leader would be someone who can give people proper tasks to work.

It's sort of funny but this is how it probably work. It's not because men are better at survival but they are just wired to function as a team even though none of them match each other. They would work better with a leader but they can somehow be productive without a clear ranking. However, sooner or later there would be an alpha male whom everyone would follow because he would be the most effective person.

It's like when a wife asks his friends where her husband was last night, 5 of them confirmed seeing him, 3 confirmed talking to him and 2 were convinced he was hanging around their houses last night.
  • 1Anon
    Unfortunately, it's not surprising that those women would be like that because a lot are but it doesn't help that the shows purposely choose those types of women. Either way I'm grateful to have the knowledge of how to survive.
    • Spawnface

Good point. People here are dismissing any validity to the topic based on the subject being a tv show, not fairly representing the public or women. However those women do represent a good portion of women. They were ofcoarse deliberately chosen to demonstrate the underlaying theory, or to test it.

That said, take it with a grain of salt because its not conclusive of much of anything past what it can show.

• BeMuse
    Yep that's pretty standard. I was in a program called choices for 2 years when I was in middle school. We did a lot of leadership activities and long hikes/camping. On their own the girls for the most part got nothing done in camp, they couldn’t set up their own tents, they would ask guys to carry their pack for a little while on the trail because they couldn’t keep up, they’d slack off and ride in the front of a canoe and let a guy be the dominate paddler and rudder while they they mime paddled, they could never light their own fire, they couldn’t make decisions on leadership obstacle puzzles, etc. Sometimes the girls would argue with each other and fight. I remember having 2 girls in my canoe and the girl sitting in the middle was just sitting there day dreaming and the girl in the front who was barely paddling at all started calling her names and before I knew it the girl in the middle was swinging her paddle at the girl in the front hitting her in the back of the head. I was like yo chill! A lot of girls will help if given direction by someone who leads them, but left to their own devices a lot would be in trouble. I was often chosen to lead the group through a lot of leadership trials or whatever and the girls would get in line and do what I told them to do and as a group we’d succeed but without good leadership it went down hill pretty fast with in fighting, bickering, and despondency. I’m sure there are girls out there that are taught to be more tough than most girls, to take responsibility, and how to cary out basic wilderness skills by their dad, but I think even though girls would perform better when working with guys than other girls.
  • BellePepper
    Are you seriously using a reality show that's purposefully edited to create drama as a basis for your ideas? Like really?
    • Yeah i agree it's a reality TV Show and it might be biased a little in some areas but i think it reflects what would have happened correctly although i think the females would have tried a little harder instead of sunbathing lol.

• @ObedientMalee It is seriously starting to creep me out how you wander around my opinions just to bash women.

• How am i bashing women? I believe in equal rights for women and the empowerment of women

• CrystalChild
    My hell, you are the exact opposite of these radical feminists and equally as annoying. Get over the gender war. Honestly
    • Jamesol1

They spout false crap. This is legit proof. Big difference.

• lol it ain't a gender war i love women , i really do, but facts are facts women think too much and whine when they should be doing, they thrive in a society that give them the tools and means to use them, but alone without any guidiance? most women dont seem to be able to survive as well as men.

• @Jamesol1 A reality TV show is proof women can't take care of themselves? Should I look to Keeping up with the Kardashians as a life skills tool? I don't know why so many men are so threatened by women these days. Smh

• BluesBoy
    I litteraly died laughing at this part :
    "Where is your hut"
    "We have no hut"
    Where are your supplies"
    "We ate all the rice"

Hahaha can even imagine the three guys coming for some pussies and ending up in this mess hahaha
  • ThisDudeHere
    This has some merit but I think it important to note how these shows are mainly made with Western women. Women of other cultures tend to be more hardworking and organised.
  • WalterRadio
    Not all men and women would react that way (a female farmgirl or Marine would do just fine; a male liberal would fail miserably), but certainly many of them are exactly like that.
  • Curmudgeon
    Those stupid leftist twats in the top photo need to be put into jails with the "migrants" for whom their hearts bleed. They would learn painful lessons, and the migrant criminals who behave well might get a special "conjugal visit" as a reward.
  • Anpu23
    There are certainly cases of individual women surviving on their own, or with their young. There are also situations where all of the men of a tribe have been killed and the women successfully continued the tribe for a generation or so. But as far as I know there have been no successful societies that have completly excluded men from the outset. And I think that you touch on the main reason why, the need to compete for dominant position.
  • Phoenix98
    It's true actually and they did this not only in America but the UK and on Bear Gyrlls survivior show to.

Every single time the men whooped the women's asses and handed em to them on a silver platter and I won't lie I enjoyed every moment of it.

No shame.
  • The women knew good and well that it was temporary, so they felt less inclined to try. That’s just my opinion.
    • Praec

The guys knew the same.

• @Praec yes they did. But guys always have this obsessive need to prove themselves especially when it comes to physical activity.
      I just personally believe that if their lives were really in danger, the women wouldn’t have sucked quite as much.

• Praec

By the same logic, isn't that why CEO's are predominantly male? Men have an obsessive need to prove ourselves, and women know their lives aren't in danger - you can survive on a minimum wage salary, and of course you could just scurry over to the men's camp for heat, shelter, and food (as in the reality show)?

Maybe that's what made it a "reality" show.

• lime_rampljuset
    Interesting one. I wish all women were taught since children to be independent.
  • Juxtapose
    I believe men will almost always survive better, but a biiig part of this is how women are raised and spoiled by western society. Men are taught to suck it up and power through harsh trials, while women are taught that they deserve to be protected and are worthy of being spoiled like princesses.

If I was in a survival group, I'd just do the best I could for everyone and encourage mutually beneficial actions. I'm easy to get along with.
  • madgoat
    The problem with using a TV show is that these people applied to be on TV and that the show selected them.
    Perhaps the only thing it really shows is the mentality of men and women that want to be on TV.
  • Sovereignty
    You could just as easily compare a female prison to a male prison and draw the complete opposite conclusion as you've done here.

Anyone agreeing with ether conclusion is an idiot.
  • AleDeEurope
    You don't need a reality show to show that men are typically better at survival than women, there's a reason it was men who went out hunting, protecting the women and kids, and engage in physical labor.
    But this is just in a general sense, if you teach a woman how to survive, she can be just as good as men. Have you seen the show Alone? On the last season, the best participant (despite tapping out) was a woman. She literally had everything figured out.

I bet the women in that Survivor show had never spent a day in the woods, that's why they didn't know shit. They're used to the urban life, with regular jobs and stuff like that.
  • Pejtu
    men will survive for 100%
    females will die
    if they did this for real
    its bioology girls u can't change that
    u can't kill an animal without crying - we can without thinking if we are hungry and we want to survive
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    This is stupid. Overall, in general, yes, men are more equipped to survive on physicality alone, but if you take generic shows with random (or not so random) people, you can fudge the results. Moreover, reality TV shouldn't be the basis of your analysis. And if so, at least do a useful 1. Not the best, but naked and afraid come to mind. A chick outlasted a marine. A random fat dude outlasted a survivalist chick

Like I said, men are going to generally outlast women in general, but that's more on physical tools. Hell, if I were to gather 10 random women, I bet my life they can destroy any 10 dudes on this site given that most people on here can't fucking chew gum and walk at the same time, let alone go on a survival show
  • Iraqveteran666
    Having been camping with women this is about right. So basically the women starved and had no shelter and the men live like kings.
  • Words_and_Wisdom
    Reality TV isn't really a scientific basis for anything factual to be honest...
    • Brah63926

Men were found to use cardinal directions (north, south, east and west) better. They reached the end of the maze quicker, and also completed more allocated tasks along the way, such as finding a yellow car. The participants used 3D goggles and a joystick in the maze while images of their brains were recorded.

"Men's sense of direction was more effective. They quite simply got to their destination faster," said Carl Pintzka, a medical doctor and PhD candidate at NTNU's Department of Neuroscience, in a statement.

• Aphrodite8789
    They’ve sent good men and trashy women to a survival group so what? I still don’t need a man to live and patriarchy suck ass
    • I agree that the reality show is a terrible way to prove anything but the patriarchy doesent suck ass it just doesent exist

• It does exist and it sucks ass patriarchies always have grown men dating/having sex with little girls and women are getting raped all the time and our rights are repressed patriarchies are horrible

• Spawnface

Misogynist lol

• Spawnface
    I think our culture cares more about idealogy than... Anything else.

While there might be sone truth to whatever this show, or this message is promoting, I think the primary motivation and deciding factor behind believing it is only to enforce some idealogical end.

However, I think in whatever truths we can pick up on we should. They should be evaluated for there worth and passed on accordingly. If it is entirely true that women are too inferior to have a surviving civilization it should be accepted on the basis of truth. However, its likely not an all encompassing truth and I wouldn't rely on this for a thesis to prove the validity of a notion. Its at best pondersome.

• Tamera952
    Is this the one all the guys get naked kind a like Lord of the flies ? Hoping so
  • GraveTruth
    Yes, it's unfortinate but true. Modern women have been taught that they shouldn't "have" to do anything because it's a stereotype... so they stopped then they went to do what men do but found out it sucks to work without having kids and quiting. It sucked to be a mechanic or skateboarder so they spent all of their time labeling themselves as a girl-mech or a skatergirl and stopped doing it.

But don't believe what you watch on tv or studies. They never test anything often and just talk common sense.
  • SnowHearth
    Sadly around 80%-90% of women are like that.
    • The men did what the women wanted because they were submissive

• SnowHearth

@ObedientMalee so how do you call a person who submits to someone submissive?

• What?

• WhoDatGuy
    Don't forget they still follow the law for the show.
    If it was the apocalypse or a riot the men wouldn't be so kind
  • IceCubedude
    lol i have to admit this is kinda funny and it does play out kinda the same in real life as well, take college for example, while all of us (guys and girls) happen to have the exact same lecturers and tools the girls seem to be much more confused when its time to study for exams, men study whatever is available to study women... they spend uneeded time and effort trying to get a hold of more studying material despite having enough to pass the exam with flying colors.

in differnet fields as well men seem to be much quicker thinkers, they dont spend much time thinking and instead focus on doing, and of course most of dont care about other guys so the end results is different guys doing a bunch of differnet things, that eventually join up to create a better bigger thing.
    • linahh

To insinuate that men are physically more capable, is one thing. But mentally? I don't know where you studied, but it's sad that you have the impression that women can't be as quick thinkers as men are or disorganized. The problem is, women are less often inclined to believe that they are capable of doing certain positions (the issue of raising children differently), but if they were raised in a supportive environment and are confident, there is mentally absolutely no difference between them.

• @linahh Men are physically more capable, thats been proven many times, and also common sense makes this a no-brainer. However mentally its also been proven that we are not equal. Men have 10% bigger brains on average even when adjusting for body size proportion. We also have slightly higher average IQ and a higher mean deviation which means vast majority of people with genious level IQ are men. Analyses of brain activity etc show us that we use the brain quite differently from women in many ways, men are more logical and rational on average, while women are more sensual and emotional. For high level business and leadership positions, its very easy to conclude what type of mentality is more suitable. Of course there are outliers to this in each gender, but in general this is what we observe.

• @linahh women are organized and the do a good job being organized but on average... men seem to be much quicker thinkers and they are much more ready to actually work with whatever they've got instead of sitting there wondering if they should do anything , we have our differences and it shows, ultimately men are more logical, stronger, more dominanat and tend to either be really smart or really dumb , which actually means a certain amount of men are actually more capable than most females but... and here is where it gets interesting , females still control men, using sex mostly but women do control men, not saying girls are dumb at all, in fact girls are mostly not dumb and are rather intillegent, but compared to top tired men they are not on the same leve.

in short , men are doers, and women think more and get into details much more

• John_Doesnt
    Men can't survive without banging a couple women every once and a while.
  • Deathraider
    You realise the show is just a show right. These people aren't actually in any survival situation at all. It's just hyped for the audience.
  • GoodLuckCharlie
    I believe this is why patriarchy was born. If women were taught to take responsibility more, I think racial equality isn't far off!
  • TripleAce
    A new survivor. Nice. Been out of touch a little. Time for me to tune in 🤓
  • Gouthamfab
    Thenproblem here is, all the examples provided by you show western people. Trust me, most of the eastern women can take care of their own under any curcumstances. I grew up among them. Men obviously have the advantage due to sheer size but women kick ass here. Both of them know what they can do. Sonits a given they understand eachnotgers stance.

I suppose it comes with luxury. Once you grow up sheltered all through to adulthood, you may not be as capable as others who fought through it.

I would really love to see survivor asia.
  • IsenhowerJ
    There is a definite difference between men and women.
    Women are great with "the now" situation, while men are great at "the long" situation. For Survivor, a lot of times, it is the men who come out on top more often than women.
    It is not that men are better at survival skills than women, it has to do with that men plan around the situation better. They know what to expect if they don't eat or have shelter, or don't have water. Men are also better when it comes to being around other men in a social climate. There will be disagreements, no one can avoid that, men just do better socially in that scenario.
    For women, they do better in fewer numbers and arguments are more likely to happen due to none of them wanting to give one person power. women also are less likely to think about long term consequences as was evident in the series. Not all women are like that, and that is same for men.
  • MysteriousDarkness
    There are a lot of factors to consider. Are we talking about modern day corporate ssurvival or the grow, gother, hunt for found and make your own shelter type of survival? The first is mainly about money and what you have learned to survive the part of the corporate world you are in. Now for the second survival scenario. How much experience camping, hiking, fishing, hunting etc do you have? When camping was it in the wild wild or an organized campground? If the wild wild what was the climate, was it a forest, dessert, jungle, tundra etc. How cold or hot, how rainy or snowy, how dry or humid etc. The climate will dictate the animals and bugs you can possibly encounter. It also dictate what you can gather fir food and to use to make shelter.
  • ProjectBaby1K
    Given the biology between men and women, this is something I already knew. I don't need a reality show me that men are built better for survival than women.

Do all the historical research you need and you'll understand that men built everything we needed to get to this modern day. No need to sugar coat this in PC feminist nonsense. Men are better than women when placed in an area and told to survive due to how we build and are able to function. Women are better at adapting and coping new skills.

Basically in general; Men build - Women maintain. That's why traditional gender roles where set the way they are in the first place.
    • I agree except that women are not better at adapting and comping new skills. Women are better at communicating and nurturing, and they give birth, but thats pretty much it, men are better at almost everything else.

• Its also men who maintain society, ridiculous to even suggest that its women who do so.

• @alphadoggystyle I think they are since adapting to something new is something you need to have in order to be able to maintain, just look how quickly they adapted into the workforce once it was open to them.

& Maintenance are things like nursing and nurturing (which are female dominated in the workforce). Traditionally men build the shelters, women maintain by doing laundry, cleaning etc. It was men's job to hunt for food, women's job to cook what we provided for everyone.

That's what I mean when I say that women are better at maintaining, although you're right about men being virtually better at almost everything else.

• ToruMatsuda
    This is hilarious but I want more proof and evidence😂
    • Exactly sounds pretty anti-female with all the passive aggressiveness. I don't doubt the men were better on this show but I grew up camping and hiking. Put me on the show and other girls like me you'd see the same damn results as the men. *eyeroll*

• linahh

@CrystalChild it's not like the men on the show were raised with hiking and camping. The general assumption when the guy wrote this take is that nor the men, nor the women had any previous experience in such conditions, and that's the point. Actually, we don't know how they were chosen for the show or what their previous abilities were. As you might be confident in your abilities, these women were too, since they singed up for this and not for the big brother or sth.

• @linahh to insinuate that women are incapable of taking care of themselves because of a TV show is ludicrous and I'm not arguing further. It doesn't take rocket science to build a fort. Reality TV is not actual reality and all I'm saying is this is obviously just another anti-female rant. I don't think men are any less capable or less wonderful than men. I'm just real sick of these gender wars.

• Jackblue
    We can never be absolutely certain about reality tv.
  • At least women are good at having babies.
  • Toad-1
    Very interesting
  • Vegeta01
    Women are good at nothing. Period.
  • disgustingweebtrash
    Interesting.