Logan Paul is Not a Bad Person

In response to the haters of his suicide video:

Firstly, Logan is NOT a kids channel, contrary to popular belief.

The minimum age to watch YouTube videos is 13 years old - with a parents permission. Although Logan should post material that is appropriate for any age, Logan is technically not required to do so.

Even though Logan is not a kids channel, he has a kids audience. While this is true, this does not mean Logan should have to alter his content to a younger age range. That is like saying South Park should be more child-friendly because some 8-year-olds have seen it, despite the fact it is 18+. Technically, he only has to assume that 13-year-olds are the youngest people watching and that their parents are approving of each video they watch.

Logan Paul is Not a Bad Person

Logan's suicide video was at the very least a terrible lapse in judgment.

While his apology sounds fake, we must take into account the fact that he is a stupid 22-year-old who does very stupid things. He is in shock over the negative reaction to his horrible video, feels remorse, but is challenged with how to express himself.

What has he done? Shown the hands of someone who has committed suicide? Acted in a disrespectful way toward the body, purely because he was shocked. Laughed nervously to relieve tension. Logan Paul had a natural human reaction and put it online.

Logan Paul is Not a Bad Person

Yes, the suicide video he did was stupid, but think of it like this:

he broke multiple regulations with that video, and he did not even get a slap on the wrist, no strike, Logan had to take the video down himself because youtube didn't for some reason.

Logan Paul is Not a Bad Person

2854
michellebrown48 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give a shit about Logan Paul, never have and never will. But the overreaction to his video has been absolutely ridiculous.

He's just doing what other people do in the media, but because he's popular on YouTube it makes him an easy target to attack. News corporations show 'EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE' of natural disasters, plane crashes etc, all for the purpose of generating views and money for their station. Do you get mass hate campaigns towards them every time they do it? Nope.

Logan Paul is a lone individual and therefore he's easy to attack. People are jealous of him and therefore they wait for the instant moment where he slips up and does something stupid and then they grab onto it and try to make him seem like the worst person in the world in an attempt to make themselves feel better and drag him back down to their level.

People need to look at their own actions rather than point the finger at other people. People just love trying to delude themselves into thinking their morally superior to other people when in all reality, they're probably shitty people themselves as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is not a kids channel, no, but he should take his core demographic into consideration when producing content. That's just what a responsible adult does. By now, he should be fully aware of the fact that his actions have consequences and that he's capable of influencing whoever watches his videos. And although he has the freedom to produce whatever content he wants, he still has a certain amount of responsibility. So it's not exactly surprising that he has gotten so much backlash. When you're as big as him, you can't just throw your hands in the air anymore and claim that it's not your fault that kids watch your content. And in my eyes, 13 year olds are still kids. Anyone who's below the age of 18 is a kid.

Logan Paul is also not stupid. He does stupid things, but that does not actually *make* him stupid. He knew full well that this video would blow up, he probably just wasn't aware of the fact that people would respond so negatively. His core audience completely condoned and liked the video before the general public (aka people who don't follow him) found out about it.
    The video was also not a livestream. They had the chance to shut the cameras off, to edit the content and remove the shots of the dead guy, or to just not post it at all. He might have had a natural reaction when he was laughing nervously and acting like a total jackass. But there was nothing "natural" about the fact that he, after the shock had worn off, still thought it was a good idea to post this for millions of people to see. That he seemingly "didn't realize" that him frantically laughing, zooming in on the body and making jokes with his friends would make him look like a complete asshole. And I'm sure he didn't just do those things purely out of shock. For a guy like him, knowing the content he has produced in the past, I'm pretty sure he was thinking about how to make the video less dramatic and heart-wrenching, and more funny/stupid like his usual content.

And the fact that YouTube didn't do shit at first does not at all deflect from what Logan did. What he did, and YouTube's initial response to it, are both equally fucked up. Thankfully they did give him a slap on the wrist now, what with them removing him from the ad platform and canceling his movie. It's a little too late but I'm glad he got some sort of punishment anyway.

He might not be an inherently bad person, but the guy needs a serious reality check.

• "And in my eyes, 13 year olds are still kids. Anyone who's below the age of 18 is a kid."

馃槖馃槖馃槖馃槖
      A stage exist between kid and adult called as "teen". It's okay if you consider 13yo as a kid but I'm damn sure being 17yo guy isn't childish at all. For me, I think like adults, eat like adults, wear clothes like adults hell I shave my beard like adults. What part of it makes you think I'm kid?

• @Political_dude teens are kids in my eyes too. Just because some of them behave more maturely than others, doesn鈥檛 make them any less of a kid. Just like how some adults are childish, but they鈥檙e still adults.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 53

• After reading the title, I just had to OP's age.

And I'm not all that surprised.

• Dude, right?

• @F媒rdracaD贸cincel alright dude, you seriously have no responses and are giving up but sure. i'll let you off. Have a good night

• @ThisDudeHere I'm 17 too and I find it kinda offensive but actually true and embarrassing. you got my upvote for truth.

• This take is so stupid on so many levels in my opinion, no offense.

First of all, he's twenty-fucking-two!!! When I was less than half his age I knew not to desecrate or dishonor a dead body.

And by the way, it was NOT a lapse in judgment. How the hell do you ever justify someone videotaping a suicide? It's NOT a lapse... I've said this in another post. He intentionally did this.

He went into a forest, NOT accidentally mind you, intentionally recorded, intentionally edited the video (so he must have had time to soak in if this was right or not), intentionally uploaded it, and intentionally waited for the millions of views to come pouring in.

He is only sorry because he got backlash... not because he was remorseful. He's remorseful because the millions he has gotten will slow down significantly or come to a screeching halt.

So he is an utter douchebag who's only talent is to do stupid things on YouTube.

Oh yeah, he's also a racist as well. He doesn't respect other cultures in other countries and is a huge egomaniac.

So please, spare me this "Logan Paul is not a bad person" crap.

• "First of all, he's twenty-fucking-two!!!" 22-year-old males have the highest car insurance rates. Why? Because statistically, they do more stupid things. While it is just a generalization, I believe this applies to Logan as well. The brain does not mature until after 35, that is why the American president must be over 35. To say that 22 years don't frequently do stupid things is naive and absurd.
      "He went into a forest, NOT accidentally mind you, intentionally recorded, intentionally edited the video (so he must have had time to soak in if this was right or not), intentionally uploaded it, and intentionally waited for the millions of views to come pouring in." While Logan did indeed edit the suicide video, as I just stated 22-year-olds do very stupid things. He was probably still in shock when editing and lacked proper judgment. A truly terrible ridiculous mistake, for which he has apologized for.

• I, as a proud Logan Pauler completely agree we Logan's choices. For one, the man was clearly not wearing any merch and therefore was not a true fan of our Lord and Saviour. Secondly if that Japanese boi was sad, 馃槥馃埐why didn't he just Dab on the haters?馃 Clearly that man is is no way real and therefore his time on the vlog was obviously Logan trying to let him into heaven by being on the video bible; Logan Paul's Vlogs 馃檹馃檶

• he found a guy that hanged himself. he keeps filming and takes close ups of body's hands and the possessions.
    also takes a picture with the body hanging in the back, so he can make a thumbnail ( the picture that describes the video on youtube).
    he goes home, edits everything for hours, then posts the video on youtube.
    end of story. or is it?

Look at users trying to defend him blindly. one female user aggressive to a commentator saying "you have to have a certain IQ to understand Logan Paul's videos" already placing herself and logan paul along with his viewers in another dimension of intellectualism. at first I thought she's joking and I say to myself "good one user", but no, she keeps on going, so she must really be believing what she's saying
    Then the same user, goes to say she has a logan paul tattoo on her private parts :)) do we need a high IQ for that as well or we are simpletons that do not understand a hidden meaning that only the chosen ones can?

read through the comments you will find her, she replied to "logan paul is the devil" comment.

• as someone who has attempted suicide in the past, I'd like to push logan paul down five flights of stairs

• And so have I, but read the take before you comment. He is young and stupid. One mistake does not make someone a bad person, especially if they have remorse.
      I definitely agree that he has done some extremely stupid things but I'll always have respect for someone that successful. A truly terrible ridiculous mistake, for which he has apologized for.

• @michellebrown48 You misunderstand. I don't know how reliable that source is. That's why I listed it. I also wasn't referring to you explicitly. This was directed at Waffles. By victim Olympics I mean people unsolicitedly bringing up their past as a way to evoke sympathy while not offering a viable solution better than say throwing people down stairs (which may be offensive to victims of domestic violence).

• @love_conquers_lust um ok. welllll im so over this conversation lol have a good night

• You obviously didn't watch the same video as me. What I saw in that video is an insane idiot who clearly went to that forest knowing there was a chance to find a corpse. He did it on purpose because he knew that would make him more famous.
    Not only that, but he, and his gigantic retarded gang, were joking all along.
    His reactions were fake, the bitch with him laughed all the time.
    And you don't film, edit and upload a video by mistake. He did it for the views.

• He's a dick. You don't go into a Suicide Forest and expect everything to be fine and dandy. It's just disrespectful.

• @Volvagia That you posted. So either it's not what you think and it's your fault for not saying it, or it is and you're indeed a terrible human being.

• smdh fam, u either get it or u dont.

• Logan Paul isn't a bad person, he's just a sociopath who doesn't know between right and wrong and will do anything for views. I can't believe the apathy of kids these days, they lack basic human decency.
    It wasn't upsetting that he shot a dead person on camera. He was cracking jokes and playing around the corpse. It was sick. What if you died in an accident and someone found you and started cracking jokes and toying around. Its disgusting, its disrespectful and inhumane.

• I have no idea who this guy is, but. . .

This is you, lol:

data.whicdn.com/images/74382605/original.gif

• I don't know, if he's a bad person, but he is very dumb and very ignorant. I mean just look at how much disrespect there's in his Japan videos, it's just shameful..

Even if his reaction was real and human (which I don't think it was), you don't post that stuff in youtube, period. There's quite a few steps to putting a video on a channel and quite a few chances to see how disrespectful it was.

And his apology... he tried to sell his merch in it...

• where is the part where he promotes his merch? I watched it but saw nothing about it. I might have missed it, if so - I do apologise.

• not on anyones side here tho, youtube drama - not my thing but his reaction was definitely appalling not to mention thinking its OK to post it on any social media platform

• I don't know.. could be either or. If he comes back more respectful, then I'll buy it.

• this guy is a clown. anyone who would go into a forest and film a corpse swinging from a tree limb as a gag to get more clicks is straight fucking loser. I don't care how much fucking money this clown makes. Hitler owned Europe. Money doesn't mean shit when you're a piece of human garbage.

• To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Logan Paul videos. The humour is extremely subtle & without a solid grasp of metaphysical philosophy most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Logan's provident thinking, which is to prevent people from committing suicide from fear that they would end up in a Logan Paul vlog. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Logan Paul truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Logan Paul's genius wit unfolds itself on their computerscreens. What fools.. how I pity them. 馃槀

• @Volvagia You're a fool, straight up, homey. Really, did you read the hand-waving garbage your wrote before you clicked 'submit'? Did you? The very last adjective that's apropos of this guy's videos and fans is "high-IQ." You feel a need to intellectualize the infantile drivel that you watch so you can claim some sort of high ground, like the rest of us "just don't get it." Yeah, the same way that we don't get radical Islam or the Manson Family. Cults always thrive off of sick fucks who believe they're the elite, the elect, the chosen few who "just get it."

• All he did was go into a forest馃尣 famous for many suicides鈽狅笍 with a camera馃摻. It was for the lulz馃槀馃構馃槤. And SURE maybe he filmed a dead馃拃 guy馃懆馃徏 and laughed馃ぃ馃槀 about it. And sure he made a massive profit馃挼 over it. AND SURE he only took it down because people got mad馃槨 at him. But like if you don鈥檛鉂 like his vids don鈥檛 watch馃檲. But to help Logan out I had this idea馃挕. He should go back and cover the dead馃拃馃懟 guy馃懆馃徏 in #LOGANG鉁岋笍馃MERCH. LOGANG!馃鉁岋笍LOGANG!馃鉁岋笍LOGANG!馃鉁岋笍It would show that he just wants the family to know that he cares馃 about the suicide馃拃 victims. And would make everyone馃寧馃實馃審a lot馃槆馃槄happier.

P. S I want Logan鈥檚 throbbing dick馃崋

• You鈥檙e being a little naive, he wasn鈥檛 live streaming or anything.

Sequence of events went like this :-
    1. He saw a body hanging at a distance
    2. Went up to close the body and recorded it, getting a good shot of the face. By then it was obviously a suicide.
    3. Him and his friends laughed about it and made a whole scene around the body.
    4. He then took that raw video, went back to his hotel room... uploaded it from his camera to his laptop, sat down reviewed the footage and edited it (which is where he blurred the face out in case you didn鈥檛 know).
    5. He then uploaded the video to YouTube.

Sorry, you don鈥檛 go through that entire process by 鈥渕istake鈥, because it takes a good several hours to get from the raw filming to upload point. He did it for views and any adult with an ounce of common sense knows this. That is what makes the whole thing dispicable.

• Logan Paul probably is not a bad person, but he's doubtlessly a stupid person, and he's got a stupid as shit PR team as well apparently.

It's his fans I'm worried about. They are the school of piranhas who clamp down on whoever gives the slightest criticism. #Logang is a gang of retarded teenaged fish

• Hahah o dear don't make me laugh please.

Did you watch the vlogs he did in Japan? Where he disrespected several historical places including a temple, caused civil unrest, broke the law, annoyed and angered countless japanese people and put dead raw fish on peoples cars as they drove away.

If he's not a horrible person he's at the very least a massive idiot that shouldn't be influencing the countless thousands of kids and teens who watch his channel.

He is massively disrespectful and a dick no matter what way you look at it.

• If he did the same kinda stuff in his own country, no one would care, or at least the backlash would not be anywhere near as severe. It's just because he's making an arse of himself in a different country that people get all in a hissy fit about it.

• Except there is no need to. He's just an idiot. If people feel the need to guilt all of America or the West because of one idiot, then they are just as much of an idiot as he is. Just ignore him and he goes away. Simple as that.

• @_Enigma_ I wish it was that simple, I really do.

But the problem is he influences people, mostly kids and then they go on to act like him and thus it spreads.

Lucky everything that went on in Japan forced him to take a break from vloging.

• I definitely think it was in really poor taste for him to have uploaded that, but I am not offended by it. I mainly just dislike him because of his douchy frat-bro personality.

• I didn't watch the video but I agree.

Just read a soldier's humor.

Someone get's blown up in the distance and they laugh and make jokes.

It's quite normal actually to joke about death when stressing about it

• People are very unforgiving, especially in the court of public opinion; people have down some minor things and have been crucified for it. For example, an Army General did not receive his third star for calling a congressional staffer, "Sweetheart."

• Really? You wanna say he's not stupid he just does stupid things? Go ahead.

Is he a scum bag of a human being? Yes he is. He laughed at a dead body from suicide and put it on the internet...
    If you actually defend this guy in any way I feel bad for you.

• I used to watch his videos when they were mainly comedy skits, this was before he wasn't that famous.

After he become really famous, he changed, his ego got the best of him.

The last straw was when he took the song Handlebars by flobots and made his own version of it, his fame clouds the original which was a masterpiece. Now I dislike him.

• if you go that far to get views, then yes i do think it's fair to say you're a bad person. you can always improve and get better but at the moment he decided to put that video up he was a bad person. no way to argue against that.

• he's good looking and pretty much an idiot thats what people wanna watch, someone dumb acting in a certain way to entertain them... is her a bad person? i have no idea but people already know what to expect watching him and nothing should come as a surprise.

• More from Guys
    33

What Girls Said 27

• He's a trash person and fucking moron. Youtube removing him as a preferred ad partner and dropping him from projects is the best thing that came from that train wreck. I hope he loses everything and his brother's next. But hey at least he's got the infinite love and support of 12 year olds around the world.

• @Volvagia Were you thrown into a ceiling fan as an infant?

• The Paul brothers are disgusting people.

I have a hard time believing a 22 year old would think its okay to show a dead body online, unless they are mentally slow. I think he is out of touch with reality and desensitized to stuff like this, tbh. Also, how is he not aware of the main points of the terms of service of a website that is his career?
    I mean, people wouldn't break the rules at their 9-5 job, so why is youtube any different?

• He's certainly not a good person but everyone makes huge mistakes, especially in the eye of the camera.
      Most people these days would take a picture of someone in an accident and post it on social media before helping the victim. So what he did... I'm sure hundreds of thousands of people would have also done the same.

• Yeah this is his first "big mistake" online from what i've seen. But he knows the analytics of his channel. I'm sure its mostly people under 18. I'd just think he would be smart enough to take a second thought and say "maybeeee this isn't a good idea". I mean he was in Japan, there is probably so many interesting things there that he could have filled the vlog with. I don't know, just my stance.
      Also, it doesn't help being associated with Jake Paul... hahah Jake is way worse lol

• I get you, dude. I often post myTakes about shit I don't even believe in because I like arguing with people lol. I think Logan is disgusting but shh don't tell anyone.
      Cough cough.. BUT
      the overreaction to his video has been absolutely ridiculous.

• I don't like the guy, but I don't think his job needs to be taken away or something like other people are suggesting. I just think he needed to receive a punishment and he did. I mainly don't like him because of his suicide video and how disrespectful he was in Japan towards others.

• this article is just straight up stupid. everyone knows that Logan Paul is a bad person who would do anything to get views and earn money. yes, he's a sociopath and yes he is indeed stupid, but that is no excuse for disrespecting the body of a man who clearly couldn't deal with his life anymore. i myself am someone who lost a friend who commited suicide, and watching his video (which i assumed wouldn't actually feature a dead body) was just heartbreaking. if he felt nervous standing around a dead body, why couldn't he just have left the area? but instead he just stood there laughing and making jokes. which is unexceptable. a "normal human reaction" to this was to turn off the camera, call the police and to leave the area, not record the body of a dead man and to upload it on the internet. you said that his channel is not for kids and that they shouldn't have watched his video, but no adult would like to see that content either. Logan Paul is a sociopath. He knows what he is doing. He knows that he is hurting and disrespecting people. He's doing it on purpose, and he could definitely stop if he wanted to. Sociopaths don't see other people as people. They don't have empathy, and they don't feel fear. So they don't feel guilty when they have disappointed people. if he thinks that making an "apology video" can fix his selfish choice of uploading the video, he's wrong. as a person with a strong opinion on this article, i don't trust words, i trust actions.

• Firstly, I have no idea who this is, never seen this video or others. I鈥檓 basing this off comments and replies here.

From what I can glean he came across a dead body, commuted suicide?, and filmed it.

You seem to be saying 鈥渨hoops an accident, no biggie鈥.

I can鈥檛 help but feel pain for the family of the dead body. What if they didn鈥檛 know? What about their feelings?

• He may not be a bad person... but that's debatable...
    He's most definitely an idiot... that's a fact.

Also - he knowingly put it out there AND edited it himself - which means what? He loved every second of that video and put it in exactly that order...
    Yup...

I'm thinking you haven't thought your article through before actually writing it... If you have - it wouldn't exist.

• His channel is for jokes and to laugh at silly/stupid stuff, so I don't get why people call him idiot or immature. We've reached a point were these popular youtube all use clickbait and other dumbstunts to get views.

• Views before human dignity, yea, he's horrible.
    And then I saw this video and really his past actions only confirm that he's a douche.
    https://youtu.be/JNlOVdTQEIM

• I don't think they are trying to be bad people, but with their growing fame resulting from doing mostly stupid and irresponsible things, they have seen little consequences for their actions and thus are out of touch with reality.

• He makes an arse of himself online. So what? Don't give him attention and he will fade away. But, people give him attention, so he will remain relevant.

"Bad press is better than no press"

• Its a stupid shame and he just should've known better regardless

• I'm not usually one to cuss, but Logan has really hecking made me happy. So what if he posts a fudging video of a dead person and monetises it! If you post a rememberance video online then you should be awarded for your time and dedication to this person's legacy. Logan Paul wasn't making fun of him, he was happy that this man is in a better place now and he had a chance to respect him. The fact that the dead person thought that it was ok to just be hanging around there is the disrespectful thing! What if someone is vlogging and walks through the suicide forest and finds you? Then they can't post the fricking video because you ruined it!!1

Logan shouldn't still be getting hate, he said he was hecking sorry! If you messed up then you would want a second chance, so does Logan!

STAY STRONG #LOGANG4LIFE 馃惁馃惁 Ily Logypoo, ignore the haters xoxo 馃槞馃槞鉂わ笍鉂わ笍鉂わ笍

• no, he鈥檚 not a bad person... he鈥檚 just stupid and disrespectful.

• I don't think anyone believes he's a bad person. He's just annoying as fuck and douche bag. No one likes his dumbass.

• People are making too big of a deal out of this. Loads of people are showing the very same body in there videos but they don鈥檛 get hated on, they get encouragement. There are thousands of pensions online demanding that his channel should be taken down.
    Yes, he did act around the body foolishly, yes he uploaded the video but he is only doing it for a job. I say you have done bad things to get where you are now.
    He said he uploaded it to raise suicide awareness, which he certainly did, just not in a good way.
    Others are making the situation better by doing charity live streams (jacksepticeye), donating money to suicide charities (markiplier) and just talking about what he done and how we can work from it (pewdiepie, but I think the video got taken down).
    it just shows that we can all make a difference

and yes I am a massive fan of jacksepticeye, markiplier and pewdiepie

• I have no idea who this dude is.

• You have got to be kidding me

• I love this. I completely agree

• He filmed and laughed at a man who killed himself.

• The video was so... off

• More from Girls
    7