Every Man in the End Secretly Desires to be a Warrior

Today's society doesn't really have a place for war or violence, people aren't killing each other. Such actions and behavior are considered lawlessness and savage-like. But does that mean the aspirations of a man are different than the warriors in ancient periods? Men in today's time's still aspire to have the same principles warriors had thousands of years ago.

Might is Right

It doesn't matter if it's a period where men commonly fight, or if they are earning money and paying others. Those who have the power will always be seen as the leaders. In ancient periods before currency became the norm for every society. The warriors who were the best fighters were responsible for how others in their tribes lived. They had the judgement of who lived well and who had just enough. Not much has changed in today's society. Those who have employees have the power to determine how well they live by how much they pay them. These men are considered the leaders of their tribes and communities. Others have to prove their worth to these men.

Honor Matters

Just like warriors of the old ages, just because one achieves success in their life. It does not mean they will be respected by their tribe. They have to earn their title with honor. In modern society, we follow the same tradition. People will not truly respect a wealthy individual if they have earned their wealth through nefarious means. The people will always respect the man who earned his wealth by helping the community or providing a valuable commodity. This is the norm that represents the ideals of the majority.

Loyalty is Rewarded

Men will often form bonds with other men in order to prosper and defend against threats. Every group of men will have their own codes and morals. This is found in the old society and the new society. Once you form a alliance with other men. You will be rewarded for staying loyal to them. They will expect you to reward them for their loyalty too. Instead of alliances for war, people form alliances today for earning income by selling services, entertainment and products.

732

Most Helpful Girl

• I want a warrior... So I can build an army, "our son shall be the stallion that mounts the world" or something... But if I'm going to be shield maiden they actually have to be stronger than me first 🤔

• I agree with the second 2 but not really the first... That is starkly divided and the ability to make money can either indicate strength or the ability to manipulate, and manipulation isn't a "warrior" attribute, however much money comes from it.

• @Onlythisone Both were horrible in that movie but that doesn't mean neither was a warrior. A warrior uses every advantage and both did so, same for the guy shunned by Leonidas.

• @shephardjhon you see... To me that is the exact opposite of a warrior, a warrior sets boundaries, lives by a code... Isn't a mercenary who will do anything for anyone as long as he gets ahead. There is cause, and purpose over personal gain. My brothers before myself. It isn't the fight, it is the reason. Victims use whatever means necessary to win, the strong don't have to.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• Men desire the fantasy of being a warrior not the reality. Killing another human being isn't easy. If you actually asked a veteran about their experiences at war they won't be telling you about the glory. They will tell you about the death, the destruction, the stress and the fear. War isn't romantic, it isn't glorious and it isn't honourable. Is it necessary? Sure, sometimes but that doesn't make it something anyone should aspire too.

• Did you even read mytake? I dont understand why people comment before reading. I wonder if they just read the questions on a English test and not the story where the questions are derived from.

• l can't kill a human or an animal

• I feel like that and I'm a woman. So... Yeah goes both ways I suppose

• Everyone wants to be a warrior. Everyone wants to feel honored and great and like a winner.
    Its human nature

• I like female warriors :)

• You like anything female...

• @Goochbreaker You literally just proved my point. "We just think it's stupid to say you like female warriors because male ones are obviously superior."

• @Kai02 you said that we assumed that she dislikes male warriors, how does my recent comment prove this point exactly? Male warriors are superior... it has nothing to do with liking or hating anything, this is objective fact. Cherry choosing to like female warriros, to the logical mind, is stupid, because they are objectively inferior in 99% of cases. Men have evolved over millions of years to be warriors. Women have not. Some women have been warriors, fewer have been successful, but one thing is certain, the numbers of female warriors have never been such for an extended period of time that they would evolve to be better at it.

• I want to be a warrior, I understand

• I like the traditional warrior codes that the Vikings and Samurai allegedly had too!

What Guys Said 32

• 1.) Might does not make right.
    2&3.) These are just necessary to a functioning society, I don't think these are exclusive to men or warriors.

I may agree with your premise though. I think that's part of the reason why we like violent movies and games. It slakes, or whets, our blood lust.

• Yes might does make right. When you are a baby, your parents are mightier than you. They control your well being from food, shelter and clothing.

• I did bud, but obviously, you weren't interested in my opinion, and of course, I'm not interested in forcing it. I went point by point and showed where I agreed and where I didn't.

Regardless, this line of conversation is boring and not interesting. You can respond if you'd like, but I won't continue discussions further.

Have a good day 👍

• You read the headline of the subject, did not read the rest of the text. You implied I have a viewpoint of a brute. You disagreed with this false implication in order to make yourself feel a better like you are the good guy and I'm some bad guy.

Hate to break your fantasy, the reality is you are a insecure individual and wants to be something better but you don't have the discipline or commitment to become it.

The difference between us can be seen in our profile pictures. I don't need to engage in dishonest practices to make myself feel better. You apparently do.

• If I could I'd be a barbarian, dominating local competing tribes with my bro's by beating them into submission, taking their stuff, and their women. I'd feed my dead enemies, or any survivors, to my trained war dogs.

Then I'd pack the conquered elderly, children old enough to know what a sword is, and the obstinate women onto a shitty boat and send them off to sea in a viking funeral.

• Probably true, it's why action flicks, superhero flicks are so popular, combat sports, full contact sports and martial arts are so popular.
    https://youtu.be/H7FIw--9Hs4

• There is some truth to this, though I would still point out that violence is abhorrent and wrong, in the sense of mass violence or killing/fighting in hatred and anger. What is NOT wrong at all is just combat for the sake of competition, such as boxing or MMA or jiu-jitsu or whatever else; those things are good, and can teach us all more about ourselves.

The first rule is, we are not supposed to talk about it. And the second rule is, we are not supposed to talk about it.

• Yeah.. plenty of people wanna be warriors.. until they step out into the battlefield and see what it's *really* like.

War is hell.

• Mytake isn't about being a traditional warrior. It compares modern men who still have warrior beliefs and fight in a competitive market to earn income.

• Oh that's right, you do mention that now that I read your take more carefully, my bad.

I think economic competition is different from warfare even from an evolutionary standpoint but they do share similarities. I'm personally a man who despises most competition because the behavior is too rooted in ego. Why should I want to prove myself "to the tribe" when I can just go fuck off and do what I want on my own terms?

I'm more of a "self" person rather than a "group" person. However, a lot of men fight very hard to maintain a certain image and admitably *are* rewarded decently for it. If they have a lot of money and social status, they are given comfort, sex and praise.

I think there's far more to people and life than social status and wealth and I prefer to peruse such things. Life is so short, I have to find my own way rather than follow the crowd, I have to find my own meaning or I have wasted my limited time.

• Well it's not always about being the best. It's also about building a community for your children and for yourself. Every man has their own social circles, and we build them to our benefit and theirs as well. Your friend enjoys being your friend, you also enjoy being their friend too. It's not always about money, but in the end. The mightest tribe is usually the one who is very wealthy and charismatic. Those are the new traits society admires. We have moved beyond murdering and robbing.

• I like to feel like a warrior. I enjoy sports like archery, not for the purpose of killing, just to satisfy my primal instincts. We have a strange contradiction where it comes to violence. I know I like to feel able to fight if the need comes but consciously try to prevent it and will break it up if I see it.

• Actually no. Every man desires food, sex and the security of his family.

Warrior or honor or loyalty. Those are bullshit they invented to fool the dumb peasants.

For example, samurai are considered honorable warriors and such. However, in reality they were more like thugs, bandits and pirates when unemployed. Deception is the hallmark of warfare and samurai would cheat and deceive as much as they could.

Honor is a luxury only affordable to the well off and means little than a tool in war.

Courage and bravery are not going to motivate your warriors to kill. Loot, women and land will be their motivation.

Of course, nowadays we have nationalism and medals to make up for the shortcomings of 'rewards'. They didn't have such before so land, wealth and women were the promise.

• That's a interesting perspective.

But you are wrong, if honor didn't matter, then men would favor the most brutal and savage man out of the community. This is not the case. Men will gather with other men who have the same morals and take out the dangerous savage who is a threat to their families. Samurai's have families too, they have code where they won't have sex with other wives of their allies.

Warriors did loot, rape and pillage, but that was reserved for enemies of their clan's of tribes. They will not rape, loot, pillage their own people. Do you think it's much different nowadays? We have militaries that fight wars overseas on behalf of our nations. We the citizens stay home in comfort, while soldiers in many cases are fighting on behalf of companies to secure our financial comfort in this world. Or if you live in a country at civil war, you know that your nation is just fighting to secure leadership to look for the best interests of the people.

People prize might as I wrote.

• Hahaha you haven't talked to real soldiers right? Ask some of those homeless guy on the street. He was a veteran too. What did he get?

In the mist of the battlefield there are only 2 things existed: Your training and your brother next to you. All that home and country bullshit don't really matter. Maybe when you have time you will think about your family. That's what warriors are. They are the same through ages.

That's why they wanted wealth, they wanted loot and they wanted land. They wanted something for themselves so they could build a family.

• How does a veteran being homeless have any relation to my point about honor being valued and important in society?

Your second paragraph even agrees with my point on brothers in combat fight with each other because they view each other as honorable. Another example, many times in war, soldiers have committed acts that their peers didn't agree, like killing civilians or raping them. This led to soldiers killing each other or even mutiny if their commanders didn't resolve these problems.

You keep changing your argument because you just want to disagree, maybe it's your method of feeling better about yourself when you can argue with someone who makes a valid point you secretly agree. I don't really care about your opinion on this matter anymore. You have exposed yourself on how you argue just to fulfill your ego.

• Any man has dreamed, at some point, to be a powerful knight slaying some dreadful monster and saving people in an epic fight for glory and honor.
    If you say you didn't, you're lying.

• Guys don't want to BE warriors; they want to HAVE been warriors. Actually participating in armed conflict sucks. but the benefits are good. Peace, chicks, and if you're smart, wealth. But you gotta pay with blood.

• Its true. Some might deny it but for all the talk about how we supposedly abhor violence and savagery most guys enjoy watching war films and playing violent video games.

• Western society, now more than ever, need warriors to stand on the wall to guard its precious way of life. Men need to know how to kill because the infiltration is occurring.

• Being a warrior doesn't involve fighting and killing. It's getting through obstaces no matter what it takes - showing resilience and robustness. Not backing down and being in charge of yourself.

I feel like a warrior when I'm pushing myself to my physical limits, running in the freezing cold on a weekend at 6 in the morning. Going into work with a sickness or injury and not being a liability. Diving into a cold shower even though a warm shower is just as easy. Nothing, nothing makes me feel more like a warrior than abstaining from orgasm for over two weeks. All that built up energy just gives me something extra.

• I agree with a lot of that, but it's not just about being strong, without honor and loyalty, none of it matters. A wolf is nothing without his pack. Warrior's have always considered their tribes, or they would be nothing more than a tyrant.

• @englisc
      So wolves don't have a lifestyle of fighting or being a soldier for their pack? What do soldiers do? They hunt for prey.

• That wasn't what I was arguing with, in your original comment you said that being a warrior isn't about war or fighting when that is the definition of a warrior.

• Not a warrior by a long shot, but a true martial arts master, like this man in the following video:https://www. youtube. com/watch? v=IzHUTdiqKgQ

• Yes you're right, also this is the main reason why video games have always been popular with men

• Well, swap out warrior with superhero and you've got yourself a bargain. I secretly want to be a superhero.

• Everyone wants to be a warrior. Men a bit more. True story. *drinks a bit of red wine out of his fresh human skull cup*

• No I don't want to be warrior. Just male macho gone wrong...

• King, warrior, magician and lover

• True

• Have fun in prison, I guess.

• Where's my AR-15 ?

• Apparently Kevin Durant felt that way...

• yes born that way

• Fight me!

• I'm not gonna lie. I've had more than once had the urge to just go out and start a fight. Why, I dunno. I just wanted to.

• You mean like the guy who shot up the school in Florida?

• That guy isn't a warrior, he's a savage. Warriors don't use swords on defense-less innocents. Savages can't form loyalty to anything except themselves. The phrase knights of the round table has meaning.

• OK, I get where you're going withthis but you may want to check your definitions

• I want to knock the hell out people who oppose me that is for sure.

Trying to debate it out is too much of a headache.

• It would be a dream to play with Steph Curry and the GSW

• I wish this were true. Most men are undereducated pussies.

• Show more from Guys
    2