How to Win Your Next Political Argument..
How to Win Your Next Political Argument
Sorry...Not Sorry.. Heard enough of the whole "fucking lib" and "Hillary Won" and everything else that has come up..
1. Forget facts. They say forget facts. I don't think so, but then again, I think you need to prove facts.. Tactfully...
2. Let your opponent hang him or herself. So you think you know so much about your political party by the talking points of your channel. "Crooked Hillary" "Obama is a Mutant Ninja born in Kenya" "Pocahontas altered her DNA so she can't her money"
KEY POINT: Keil cautions that this won’t necessarily lead to a change in point of view, but said that if you ask them gently and non-aggressively to walk you through their point of view, they’ll likely see the holes more.”
3. Don’t be such a dick. Two Takeaways here
The problem is that political arguments, by their nature, tend to make their participants angry and frustrated. And Instead, as you’ll read below, there are ways to possibly nudge him toward reason without threatening his entire worldview.
4. Defuse disgust. So what should you do if you find yourself locked in debate with someone who is grossed out, and you suspect his disgust, rather than a more substantive argument, is fueling his belief.. Whats causing it? Why is it.. Ask...
5. Change the frame. During a debate, you’re more likely to make progress “if you can appeal to the moral concerns of the people that you’re talking with. Try and see it from their POV.
6.Pulling It All Together..