Life as a right leaning 16 year old: How it all started

Anonymous

I remember the year I actually started thinking, wondering and talking about politics. It was 2016 my first year as a freshman and everyone was going absolutely ballistic because trump had run for president. My 14 year old self really didn’t know what to think, all I thought was “trump bad” first woman president “good” because that’s what all my peers were saying and being the natural submissive follower I WAS started to think so too.

It wasn’t until one day after church that I started to think differently. Church had just got out people decided to come to my house to chill and just talk, It was near the end of December and elections were soon to come so obviously the subject of who they were voting for came up. My aunt said some not so nice things about trump and my mom had said “That’s what the media tells you, but what people don’t seem to understand is that trump is indeed FOR black people and a lot of blacks think so” her exact words. My dad along with my older brother agreed with her. That information left me flabbergasted (<< I’ve never used that word before).

I went to go do some research on trump and Hillary, turns out I agreed with most of the things trump said and stood for, as for Hillary I grew skeptical because people somehow always died being involved with or being against the Clintons.

Time went by my brother slowly introduced to the new and logical world of “The right”. He told me the truth about third wave feminism, exposed to me that democrats were the ones that wanted slavery, started the kkk etc. he also introduced me to "Red pill", Ben shapiro and Milo yiannopoulos. Months down the line I was no longer a feminist, no longer pro #BlackLivesMatter (<< That changed), no longer pro-choice, and overall no long a liberal.

I felt so knowlegable, and full of information. I was content, but that slowly changed when I realized just how divided America truly was. (part 2 coming soon)

19
6

Most Helpful Guys

• John_Doesnt
    16 and you've made up your mind? Maybe you'll go to college and change your mind. Or maybe you'll get into a traditional marriage with a guy who works manual labor and become fully right winged.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I honestly doubt I'd go BACK to being a liberal.

• I assume you don't plan on getting a higher education.

• Anonymous

actually I do, maybe I'll have to fake till I make it since colleges force liberal agenda down college students throats.

• Anonymous
    As they say, if you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart; if you are not a conservative as an adult, you have no brain.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

So a lot of celebrities are dumb 😶😣

• Anonymous

Absolutely!

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    The democrats were not just responsible for slavery & The KKK but also Jim crow, segregation and for drafting a disproportionate amount of young black men for Vietnam
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Thank you for telling me 😊

• Ellie-V
    Cool beans
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

417
  • lforman007
    "I felt so knowlegable, and full of information. I was content, but that slowly changed when I realized just how divided America truly was."

Exactly how I feel (Right leaning as a 14 year old). I go to a very liberal school too :(
    • Anonymous

I do too and I feel like somethings wrong with me for not thinking like everyone else

• Nothing is wrong with you, different people will think in different ways.

Its a shame liberals put that idea into your head, when they preach open-mindedness

• Anonymous

My part two is actually about how it effected me mentally and how I forced myself to try and think a certain way... it got real dark 💀

• Girther10
    That sounds very familiar. I have heard that same story more times than I can count. Be glad you’re one of the sharpest tools in the shed. You’re not alone, it’s a progression that most smart people come to be. And try to realize there are others out there that are not as lucky as you, to know the real truth of what’s going on, reach out to them, and bring them along.
  • goaded
    Read a bit further into the history of the Democrats wanting slavery/KKK thing. It's sort-of true, except for two things:

Firstly, for a long time the south was heavily Democratic because the alternative was voting for the party of Lincoln.

Secondly, if you look at the votes, the divide was north vs. south, not R vs. D.

Votes for 1964 Civil Rights Act, by party:
    House: Dem 153 of 244 (63%), Rep 136 of 171 (80%)
    Senate: Dem 46 of 67 (69%), Rep 27 of 33 (82%)

80-something is higher than 60-something, obviously, but sort by states who were part of the union vs. confederacy, instead, and you get:

Votes for 1964 Civil Rights Act, by civil war side:
    House: Union 281 of 313 (90%), Confederacy 8 of 102 (8%)
    Senate: Union 72 of 78 (92%), Confederacy 1 of 22 (5%)

A much more significant difference.

Here's a page www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182 that shows the votes by state very clearly. What party is dominant in the states that voted overwhelmingly against the act, today?

You should ask yourself why Shapiro and the others would push that narrative; in my opinion, it's not to educate you, it's to deceive you.
    • "What party is dominant in the states that voted overwhelmingly against the act, today?"

Irrelevant. The times have changed, but despite the propaganda the vast majority of the people just did not switch parties. Their children did. If the alleged great switch had taken place, the Republicans would have dominated the South starting in the 1960's. Instead it took till almost the turn of the century.

• goaded

@Liam_Hayden Times did change, because the Republican party conciously changed:

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats." Kevin Phillips, in the NYT, 1970.

In other words, keep pushing the idea that the Democrats are working for the blacks, and we'll peel off a load of their voters. (And guess which kind of voters they got that way?)

• weirdoweirdo
    I've been right leaning since whenever really... I do support welfare tho but doesn't have any left or right allegiance in my country as everyone supports welfare in my country and you cannot win votes on removing it.

But as always. Orange man bad.
  • Whatthefluff
    Is there a way you can prove that Trump is “indeed FOR black people”?
    • Anonymous

Can you prove he's not? Tell me what he's done to keep blacks under that bus?

• Well, I don’t know what he has done against black people. But he is definitely racist and xenophobic concerning other people of color

• 0112358
    People around the clintons died a lot.

Well I’m glad you’re getting to the real news now.
    • 0112358

That was sarcasm by the way.

• Celtero
    Last election was my political awakening as well. I didn't give two shits about politics before then. I didn't care who won, about issues like abortion or healthcare, border security, etc.

But when I saw people crying and screaming the night Trump won... things became a bit more interesting and I started doing my research.

Ben Shapiro really is one of the best political commentators. He's a great model conservative. Those other two guys on the Daily Wire seem to be philanderer-born again christians, which makes them seem hypocritical. Plus their logic simply isn't good...
  • PrettyRegular
    You're smart. I like Trump as well. He makes a lot of good.
  • Jackpot777
    Just don't go too far right the middle is best it is fine to lean there though
  • Liam_Hayden
    Hopefully you will progress towards NAP rather than Neoconism.
    • Anonymous

What's NAP?

• Nice take
    • Anonymous

Thanks :)

• worldscolide
    It was the same for me.. good take
  • I'm a 13 years old right winger
  • tearout
    who cares politics is a lie
  • Anonymous
    That’s cool most 16 year olds have edgy communist opinions they know nothing about and them become conservatives as adults when they enter the real world and have to work and pay taxes, so it’s cool you became a realist young
  • Anonymous
    I complete 100% understand why you aren't a Hillary supporter. But your logic is "Anything Hillary supported is liberal" Liberals hate her too.

In real life people aren't as polarized as they seem. The political climate breeds this need for people to "pick a side". But just how you're skeptical with Hillary, please be skeptical of GOP leaders as well. Vet them just as hard.
    Please do not become so polarized to the point where you disagree with someone just because a liberal said it. We can all agree 1 + 1 = 2 right?
  • Anonymous
    Interesting
  • Anonymous
    Good work
  • Anonymous
    Nice
  • Anonymous
    Dang. When I was your age I didn't care about whose president. I never pay attention to people who talk about it. My parents didn't care nor vote.
    Now in 2019 I still don't care. I have never voted nor ever will.
    • Girther10

@Anonymous- you will never vote? That makes you one or both: a sheep forced to follow whoever is in front of you- no matter what, OR a slave with no say and no care in the world.
      Bragging about having never voted and never will vote- is a stunning display of absolute ignorance. I see why you choose to be anon.

• Anonymous

I don't care about whos presidents. Never have. Never has really effected before and probably never will. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Anonymous
    So you support a president who lies right to your face... on tape...

Always wise to trust a liar. 🧐