Crawled out from poverty into the normal life - how long did it take for you?

Unit1

So me was penniless since elementary school. I would have loved it so much to eat Pretzels and drink chocolate milk or capri-sun for like 2 EUR in total and I was like 10 years old. Especially at that time growing up food and hydration is vital for school performance. But that didn't happen. When I asked my parents for money so I can buy something to eat and drink in school I almost always got the same response "We have no money". Over time as I got the same response over and over again so I stopped asking altogether because it's futile. All that while the other kids got new clothes, phones, clocks, shoes, perfume, you name it. I didn't have any of that.

And so was born my "greed" and the never-ending obsession over money and my focus never leaving the money. You know what they say: Old habits die hard.

Fast forward 16 years later. I make my own money. My expenses (rent, bills, food, shopping, a few hobbies) are well below my salary. 16 years it took for me to crawl out of poverty into a milestone, that is a literal living standard in Europe/America. 16 years to break a tremendously annoying cycle, that is much easier to get into than out of. But you can't blame me because money gave me what the family could not and even much more than just necessities and resolving my medical conditions.

I'm about to collect a lot of hate and disagreements with the following but I subscribe to Solomon's philosophy about money (i'll get there in a moment). I'll explain with a real world practice:

Girls, that aren't gold diggers keep insisting, that money isn't what attracts them to men or their boyfriend, husband, whatsoever. As they say it's something other than the money. These criteria have been mentioned more than enough to go through them all (including but not limited to looks, confidence, being fun and making her laugh, how he pulls his own weight in life, muscles, intelligence...).

But the truth is the following:

Dating wise the penniless 18 year old me would be no match for the 18 year old Alexander, whose parents are middle class.

You see our hypothetical Alexander can afford adequate clothes, cologne, breath refreshing spray, a styled haircut and can pay for the girls ice cream and take her out and also some rubber.

The penniless 18 year old me was stuck with the same old outfit I went to school with, no money for new clothes or cologne or minty chewing gum or to groom myself or for some basic beauty products. Needless to mention not even being able to afford lemonade for myself. All I had was my pure devotion to make my own money and as much of it as I can so that I can end this madness of pennilessness.

I don't blame anybody here but you can clearly see, that money enables it all. Therefore as Solomon has said:

I'd like to see that written on my gravestone.

15
39

Most Helpful Guys

• dangerDoge
    I'm glad you were able to get to where you're at now. I bet it'll only be up from here too!

For me, my parents honestly just got real lucky investing a good amount of stock into a very big company now that was super small when they invested. That changed their lifestyle and ultimately mine as well from that. The biggest benefit of that for me was mainly help paying for college. They also invested in bonds when I was little that matured over time and now are worth a great deal of money for me. I have no debts, and I'm extremely appreciative of it. Frankly, from a financial perspective alone, I'm likely worth more than most people my age, but I know that things could easily change, and I try to make smart financial decisions. I think them coming originally from pretty humble backgrounds (e. g. my dad was a son of a large farm family) helped them stay frugal with money, and it influenced me too.

While I didn't ultimately use my college degree directly, having a diploma landed me another job training into software development, where I'm at now. Now I have a good career path, I'm independent, and software development pays well (with concrete salary I've heard).

I don't really know where I'd have been without parental support that I had. Without having the diploma, things would have been likely quite a different case for me. It really puts things into a new perspective thinking that if things were just a little different, I'd be likely really struggling right now. I probably wouldn't have the computer / gear I'm using, and I'd have stress of debt on my mind.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Unit1

Yes. Count your blessings buddy. I do not wish what I've been through to anybody... although I'd like to trade my horrible past with those folks, whose mother went out and contributed financially (and they complain about it. The kind of problems they were describing sounds ridiculous to me). Maybe they'll enjoy having an abusive housewife mother, that doesn't really feed them (whereas the working mother went out, brought in the dough and made sure the kids are fed).

• KrakenAttackin
    Money can't buy happiness? Tell that to someone who has no fucking money.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1537
  • AnggieGirl
    Me too. Left home at 14yrs old, there was abuse and neglect and no one would report my parents to family services, I even called them for help and was somehow called a troublemaker. So I ran away. Now I'm 33 and finally got it comfortable, establish and definitely moving forward.

Good for you man. It's not easy and leaves us sometimes in a continuous state of "I must keep going". Sometimes shut off from the need to establish relationships because it may steer you off track. Either way, congratulations to you 🎉
    • AnggieGirl

Every Christmas and Thanksgiving I buy hams and turkeys out of my own pocket and give them to families.

• Unit1

Nice. Good to know I'm not the only one, who abandoned their abusive and neglectful family. I don't even talk to them anymore. Too busy making money and sleeping and relocating further away from them 😜

The sad thing however is that for me life has "started" just recently. Until then I was a puppet or a slave.

• ChrisMaster69
    Partially agree, the bit about money and dating is used as an excuse a lot of the time.

if you have no moment, aka poor then you cannot really date outside your socio economic group, as in the person making the first move (yes will be exceptions).

however you can date within it without any problems, poor people, date, marry, have kids, enjoy life.

right that’s out of the way.

when I grew up we could not afford a car, or holidays as such. Keeping up with fashions was never an option, having new stuff was hard, free school meals etc.

that was then, the now is different, I have a decent property portfolio, a good job as a technology product director at a major tech company, 3 cars etc. I am able to send my daughter to a quite expensive public school and her university costs are already in place if she decides to do it.
    when I eventually pop my clogs, she will be the sole beneficiary of my various investments and properties bar two (sister and ex wife).

having money, is not about having money for yourself, it’s how you use it to add happiness to others.
  • VanillaSalt
    It’s easy not to be poor in America. Find a factory job. Be on time. Work every hour you can. Don’t be frivolous.

You don’t wanna work too much? If you’re working under 40 hours a week you’re failing yourself. 40 hours while in school or working a side gig. When I started this job I was burnt the fuck out. A year straight off 12 hour shifts 7 days a week with a day off every 2 weeks at most. Now if I have a week of work I’m like when can I go back! I look forward to them big paychecks.

A woman can marry into money. Beauty is the best early return on investment. But men have to establish themselves. You work long hours doing hard jobs making shit money... then after years of doing it you move up to the next position or a better company. I work for okay pay but the experience opens me to new better positions... from this job I’ve learned to drive a forklift, weld, electrical, I can drive large machines because of our front end loader, I have solid work history showing years of putting in the hours for my job...

Investments to keep you from being poor come in more than job and money though. To touch on beauty again. It’s not the same return for men as women but a man needs to keep fit. Sometimes it’s not enough to be capable if people don’t think you look capable... others views of you are very important to remain valuable. This gets you access to jobs and services you normally wouldn’t have.
    • @VanillaSalt. If you can get that factory job, than I agree. I remember times when I couldn't even get a job bussing tables.

• Ryfyle

Clearly you were doing "poor" wrong. I've got pretty far in life on like half the ass you put in, and from the looks of it you got taken for a ride. Sounds like you're getting 15 from a 25 per hour job.

• @krakenattack you have to go looking for these jobs they rarely reward anyone that don’t walk in in person. Every large city has that one street that’s nothing but factories... you apply at these jobs you’ll find something.

@Ryfyle see this here is the problem... this sense of entitlement. I’m not struggling. I unlike many today never stopped working because of COVID. So what if my hourly is low. As I said I get paid in valuable skills and a work history that guarantees me my next job. I got a 401k and healthcare. I support myself and but what ever when ever... could I get paid more yes but I’m doing very well and only an idiot wouldn’t be grateful for my job.

• RedSauce
    That first picture - they are so poor that their debts and general state of poverty are being handed down to the next generation, but they still decided to have two kids
    • Unit1

You mean the 2. nd picture.
      But yes, correct. I find that the rich tend to not have kids (or as many) and the poor breeding like rabbits and continue this viscous cycle.

• Pogi-Paddy
    Crawled out of poverty? Is this a joke? I have been poor my entire life and every time I get a leg up, things change like rent goes up but my pay stays that same. So if you are somewhere that you've been able to do this, then I give you kudos. ☯️
    • Unit1

It's a never ending battle. But if you don't keep up, you'll not be moving.

• lucyloo76
    Never been there.
    My parents were hard working.
    Dad in steel and mum was a cleaner at school.
    I left school with good marks ,
    Got me into a Accountancy firm. Which played very well. Got offered a job to do the of a firm.
    The bosses son fancied me got married Had a daughter , he was cheating a lot. So we divorced, even with the prenup I came ok.
    Strange now, I work in the same school mother use to work and went as a student.
    I give out school dinnersI enjoy doing it.
  • Good for you man! Continue to grow and keep rocking it. Check out this video about money. I think you will enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/embed/FHqa6PsmKW8
  • Redred56
    That’s real nice with the money, but you might want to take a good VERY hard look
    at the dollars value to others. And ask yourself why is gold so strong and Bitcoin so
    strong? There values are going up. Take your cash and invest into gold and or Bitcoin.
    diversify your portfolio! Because the way Biden has written the first 1.9 trillion and now
    a 3 trillion Dollar stimulus package is on the table.
    this country does not have the ability to pay back such a loan.
  • jamesgoldman
    I knew more about the finances than any 8 years but I read then as numbers made me tick and realised quite how dire the situation was and that I didn't want the same so when my step-grandfather offered me a chance to make some money for myself I jumped at the chance and started hauling scrap metal out of skips and commerical bins
    Fast forward a decade and I'd say I was there given I owed nothing and had a few grand at my disposal
  • You are delusional, a lot of old poor ugly people are happily married, in fact I would say that accounts for most marriages.

Secondly, most people date/marry based on personality/interests/hobbies/looks, not incomes.

Nearly all relationships founded on money or looks alone dissolve.

Money is a self care thing, it's something you do for yourself to get what you want and is largely independant of relationships outside of childcare or birthday/holiday gifts.
  • Just_someone23
    Me it was the other way around, mom and dad were rich, then when I hit about the age 15 they lost everything.

Went from having everything to standing in food lines
  • aliali8
    All it took me was a lifetime of education. I got my first 50k job when i was 23. I spent 5 grueling years in college.
    • Unit1

Wow. Well, good thing you pulled through. I did it with 6 years of Education. Still need a masters degree though.

• andreasderjuengere
    Earn as much as you want.
    When shit hits the fan, I'll eat my vegetables myself, no matter how much 'you' offer me.
    My own 'normal' life was established after some ten years after finishing school.
    After another ca. 15 years I decided (for myself) that it takes a lot less than 'normal' to live a reasonable life.
    You mention ''greed'': I believe that 'wealth' should be morally justifiable. If no one is given a disadvantage through our struggles to become 'well-set', then I will tolerate (but still not admire) it.
    • Unit1

No worries. Plenty of farmers growing their own produces are selling it to us.

• :D win-win :D

• RingOfFire
    A lot more people would be finding jobs and getting out of poverty if the government stopped paying people not to work. It's funny how many people who couldn't find jobs suddenly found them when the welfare rules changed and required you to work in order to get a check. After decades of mushrooming poverty and expansion of the welfare system, the number of people on welfare fell to a fraction of what it was almost immediately after they required you to work to get a check. Suddenly by some miracle all of these people who claimed they couldn't find jobs found them!

People do what you give them an incentive to do. No able bodied person should be able to collect money from taxpayers for more than a few months. Welfare is a scam on taxpayers and a tool of government to keep people in dependency on them. When you pay people not to work you destroy the economy and make people dependent on government instead of their own initiative. It is EVIL.

And the Biden administration is pumping up the welfare state full speed ahead. They removed the work requirements, are paying people not to work, and building an underclass of people in order to ensure they have to depend on government to survive.

65% of workers are now earning more on their unemployment checks than they earned from their jobs. You think they have an incentive to work? There are far more jobs available now than there are people out of work BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING INCENTIVIZED BY THE DEMOCRATS NOT TO WORK! Biden and the Democrats are creating a dependent welfare state that will be ruled by a one party dictatorship. This is exactly how that happens.
  • alice55
    I'm 22, not working and don't have much money on my bank account but I live with my mother so I don't really have any living expensive usually.
    I don't mind not having money really.
    • Tomtom9090

you're a woman this pertains mostly to men as they are the ones that provide for women and house them

• DaveToo

@Tomtom9090 That, sir, is a 1950's misogynistic attitude. It went out when Reagan gave the rich a huge tax break, making them more greedy, and relegating the rest of us to poor status overnight. Women are, in many cases, the single breadwinner, even in a marriage.

• alice55

@Tomtom9090 I just responded to a question, I know men provide but some women (even if very fews) to like to make plenty of money.

• karaspara
    I’m now walking rather than crawling but the battle continues
    • Unit1

Remember - you only lose when you quit

• karaspara

😀💪👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• CowboyAceTre
    Years. I got it of prison with a $100 check. I stayed in a homeless shelter for six weeks. Got a job while there, then got an apartment. Collected food stamps for the months before I could but my own food. Worked three jobs at once. Lived in the hood for a year. Finally had enough money for a car, moved to a small town. Worked for a civilian military job, and worked cattle. That's about when I'd consider myself along the blue color successful line. I'm now working on EMT-Advanced training, and expungement. I've also moved to another country, where my crimes in youth are non-existent by that country's laws. I plan on moving back to the US, after finalizing advanced certification, and becoming a medic there.
    • Unit1

Nice! Looks like you got a solid plan to rise up from the poverty. Good!

• Thanks. It's been years, and hard work.

• DaveToo
    We were never money rich. I had a good home life although my dad died when I was 17. My mom owned her own insurance agency so she did okay for herself. After I lost dad I joined the Coast Guard. I had a full boat scholarship to Morrisville Tech but with the Vietnam war in full bloom, I had to decide if I wanted to kill people or save them. I chose to save them.
    After I mustered out I continued my college courses with my eyes set on a B/S in Economics. It took ten years of working two jobs, sometimes 3 to make ends meet, in order for me to get my degree.
    Another ten years to get an engineering degree. I'm certainly not rich but I have my home, my vehicle, and my hobbies. My wife of 21 years passed away from cancer at age 44 in 1988. I have never remarried although I've had a few that I thought might be "the second one", only to have them move along. Am I successful? In many ways I am, but in many ways, I feel I didn't succeed as monetarily as I would have liked.
    • Unit1

I can relate a lot to this. Thanks for sharing your story.

• exitseven
    I lived at the poverty level for a while. I had a wife and two kids and I was hardly making a living. When I was younger I had to drop out of college twice because both times I ran out of money. I was able to convince my boss to pay my tuition so I went back to college at night. After I graduated I went right back and got my masters degree. I started a new career in IT and never looked back. It probably took me 5 or 6 years. I was working full time, going to school at least two nights a week and studying on weekends. I never missed a meal with my kids or one of their soccer games.
  • purplepoppy
    Took me 2 minutes with a sawn off shotgun and a balaclava
    • What, did you ride the shotgun like a dildo on your onlyfans account?

• Ryfyle

It's all fun and games until some one considered the over head costs of Criminal Enterprise.

• yofuknutz

Usually I insults you and make fun of your dog collar be to tight or something like that but this time I'm actually with you do you need help with a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range or do you prefer a shotty sorry fellas I'm taking her side this time

• OddBeMe
    Interesting take. What are your thoughts on welfare? More or less?
    • Unit1

No opinion about welfare, really. Since I haven't received any of it myself. I just keep hustling for the money.

• OddBeMe

So you didn’t take any unemployment or Medicaid help?

• Unit1

Where i reside currently (not in Germany) there's no such concept. The government sucks away the finances of the people and leaves them dry and in great need.

There's one thing i could take advantage of however. The basic medical insurance covered my nose surgery when i suffered from deviated nasal septum. But the insurance doesn't cover misplaced heart, that quite some kids have.

• Aiko_E_Lara
    I didn't remember. I was just so young and i'm aware that i think me living in poverty was normal. My life just started to become normal really slow that i didn't even notice it. Of course it's thanks to my parents not because of me.
  • verybusyguy
    Here I m in a cycle of

Poor - ok - poor - ok - ok -poor - Poor again - extremely Poor - ok - covid poor - bad luck Poor - ok
  • bamesjond0069
    Props to your success. But don't really think money is everything.
    - Money cannot buy your health. So eat healthy and exercise.
    - Money cannot buy your relationships. Call that family member on the phone today!
    - Money cannot buy your soul. Money isn't the root of all evil but the love of money is. Devote time to spiritual pursuits.
    • Unit1

Health too requires money. The food, the exercise, the healthcare.
      Relationships too can be bought with money. Screw family, they love poverty and yelling around.
      I sold my soul to the money. Or Mammon. I love money. Money saved me.
      Therefore I am evil 😈

• With that attitude i think you will have a very sad life.

• Unit1

Money makes me happy.

• Ryfyle
    Doesn't Germany have like a Crazy extensive Social Services? Like you've been fucked out a whole lot of free shit that could have helped you along the way. I've been Broke as fuck here in the US but not as broke not afford toothpaste. We got food stamps, medicare/medicaid (that Free Health Care everybody's talking about if your dirt poor), and a shit load of Social Services here in the United States. How can the Brutal Capitalist Hellscape of the US offer way better Social Services than the far more European Socialist Paradigm of Germany?
    • Unit1

That's true. And my parents sacked in all those social benefits for themselves and one time my parents even had a fight whether to believe me if I was sick one time or that my spine hurt like unusual. They also don't recognize the word "depression" they call it "stupid thinking". Father worked for low wages (he has no education), mother (dropout) stayed at home and didn't do much to contribute financially.

• Ryfyle

Your parents sound dumb as fuck, ngl. Sure, I never came from a Well-to-do upbringing, but I learned from Relatives how to use the system. The Great Coof of 20/21 might have slowed thing down a bit, but I always have a plan and always keep an eye out for an Angle.

• Unit1

Yup! True that.
      I even heard of stimulus checks going around and Germany has that too, I've heard of it. But where I am now (in the poor east) there isn't such a thing. Fortunately this year I am very likely to move back to Germany. I have found companies being interested in me and a few of them want to hire me. All will be well soon.

• JoelisDepressed
    Took me like 15 years. I'm middle class I guess but I still feel poor. I think I'll only feel financially secure when I have a net worth of 1 million dollars
  • Tomtom9090
    probably forever to be in poverty. I cannot make money to save my life lol no pun intended and then when I do make a few hundred I just spend it on shit that goes down the drain or up in smoke
  • sixtyeightplusone
    according to democrats the only way out of poverty is more government cheese. My story is similar to yours though. Grew up poor but worked hard and not poor anymore
  • Grape-Soda
    It took me a long time but it's a fallacy that being born rich sets you up for success in life. I know quite a few people who grew up wealthy and never had to work hard or struggle, develop character, discipline or rise up from failure. Most ended up fat, alcoholics or drug addicts and NONE of them are happy or enlightened. ALL of the very successful people I know came from middle class families who had good values. These people had a vision and drive and were above average (or way above average) intelligence. Financial wealth is a poor measure of success and in Western developed countries wealth is not that difficult to obtain if you are ambitious and above average intelligence.
  • DWornock
    Assuming you have above-average intelligence if you have parents that praise and encourage you; if they tell you you are smart and how proud they are even on little things; that will motivate you to receive even more praise and give you the confidence it takes to succeed by your mid-twenties.

However, even if you have well above average intelligence, your parent or parents keep telling you that you are stupid, even if their motivation is to shame you so that you will try harder, it can take decades to be successful, if ever.. That is because young children believe what their parents tell them so they lose confidence and don't even try and because of your parent's low social status and your lack of effort, your teachers will think you are stupid.
  • Exterminatore
    It took about 18 years and leaving the state of California.
  • Justneedtokno
    I think it’s a ever-growing process. Some people are greedy even if they have enough.
  • shade_19
    I agree that money give u freedom
    But money is for u, you are not for the money
    • shade_19

Use it as an object to get ur freedom... that's it

• genericname85
    i wouldn't say i was "poor" though i decided to ditch my career in manual labour to get some degrees, which i'm now finally at the home straight in. during this time as basically being "an older guy" doing university education, i had to live with extremely tight finances, as my savings were used up quickly and working besides education was only possible part time at most. right now i'm still working part time but now i'm finally employed in a place that would love to employ me full time and pays above average loans that enable me to live comfortably even while working only part time.
  • I was born a Fuck’n wealthy Brat.
    Not that, I’m not thankful or don’t understand the advantage. I’m not even a Brat. That’s what we’ve been named.. A trust fund brat..
  • ashkitten1218
    I was sort of in poverty for years growing up, got out quickly, now I'm back in lol.
  • michael1469
    About 4yrs.
    • Bought a self storage that was poorly ran. Hired new management, increased occupancy and increased rents, cut costs. Which increased the value by 66%. I could retire, but what would i do?

• Ryfyle

Go into local politics and make more money?

• Unit1

Ahhh, the sweet problem of not knowing what to do with the money. I wish I had it.
      I mean like the rich have hobbies too. And if the money goes out of the ears, why not invest even further. Can't be too financially secured.

• Sublime45
    That's inspiring
  • Hell, I am still in poverty.
  • Anonymous
    In my mind, I never thought I was poor or in property. How does one explain that? I don’t know. I just knew I didn’t want to do labor work. I ran away when my parents wanted/needed me to help in the farm.
    i had no shoes and worn past downs from older sister. still didn’t know, think of care what was poor or in property.
    I did my own things. My parents fed me with what they can made/ offers. I went on my own as a kid, looking for food in the mountains. Found and sold cardboards, metal craps. With pennies, I bought extra food.
    I started my cash paid job at 11 or 12. While going to school. 13 or 14 baby sat, cared for my little sister, school, work, cooked dinner then homework.
    16 worked in a supermarket...
    18 worked in The Gap, college, still caring for my sister, cooked for my whole family.
    22 sill in college, got my career entrance, my professor took me in to work for the city. Still caring for my little sister after school, worked, cooked...
    While still living at home , I saved enough money and gave my whole family new sets of bedroom furniture, mattresses... etc...
    24 I moved out, working permanently for the city.
    after a year. I moved back.
    moved out with mr ex husband (then boyfriend) at 28.
    got my masters degree and married.
    my ambition didn’t stop me...
    I wanted to do more... had my 2 kids. Got into a business on the side.
    now... all my family members ea. are millionaires but we still keep our day job.
    my kids school is paid for... and am planning for my retirement... to do more after and travel more...
    so at what point? No clue... I was just focusing how to better myself rather than looking at the negativities my parents , society could have destroyed me with their negativity and fear.
    • Unit1

Impressive. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope that one day i will be as prosperous as you but as of right now i don't see that happening so soon yet.

• Anonymous
    10 years to reach just out of poverty. But any real emergency will deplete my savings to nothing.
  • Anonymous
    This is my favorite question on this app
  • Anonymous
    Same here. I also grew up in a poor family and crawled out of it only a few years ago. Also, became greedy because of it. I am ashamed of it, but I find it hard to fight against. I know it's not good and that I shouldn't be acting like that, but I do things subconsciously.. Anyway, about the poor or rich men that I meet. I've seen poverty. I don't want to go there anymore. And if the guy is poor, then it's because of his laziness. If I could crawl out of it, then, now come he's still there?
    I don't think I'll ever be able to date someone who earns less than me.
  • Anonymous
    Thank you for sharing your life's story about money with us.

My parents were really poor when we came to America, back when I was 3. My mom did not know English. Neither did my dad. They tried to learn. My dad picked it up quickly, thank God and got a degree (technical degree). He did not make much. Was able to rent a small house for us (family of 7). My mom did janitorial work and assembly line work that did not require any English. I always wore shoes too small for me. My brother started working at age 12 as a newspaper carrier, than the job was handed down to my next brother when he was 12 then to me when I was 12. We worked for our money to buy shoes, clothes coats etc. It was 50$ a month. My parents fed us on a pig (100$ /pig) and a bag of rice (100$/50 pound) per year. They grew some veggies outside. We did not do birthday gifts. We did not do Christmas gifts. When school started we each got like 1 new sweater, and one or two new jeans. I think it was like 50$ per kid to buy some new clothes for the year.

When I finished college and went to live on my own, I didn't know what I was doing. I ended up living on 12$/hour job, and working 40+ hours per week. Life is hard... when you don't know what you are doing!! POVERTY SUCKS! I never wanted to be worrying about money in life. I finally achieved that many many years later after being married.
    • Unit1

Yes. Poverty is what I consider a sentence worse than death. To beat poverty we be spending like half of our life just to get out of it. And by the time we escaped poverty we're nearing the age of going on pension. Oh well.

• Anonymous

I am just happy i am not in poverty anymore. I can afford 50$ shoes for my kids.

• Unit1

Same here. Although for $50 I would spend it on 2 hour massage session. A special kind. Just my thing.
      Poverty is for losers and quitters. Not for us 😁
      Nothing like making your own money!

• Anonymous
    Have you read “rich dad poor dad” ?
    • Unit1

Only 1 chapter. But I saw videos of it explaining it.
      I do not have the attention capacity for books.

• Anonymous
    Here is what God actually said through Solomon.

Ecclesiastes 5:10
    (10) Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

Money isn't evil, but people are. Having more of something allows you to do more, whether that be good or evil.

1 Timothy 6:10
    (10) For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Matthew 6:21
    (21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
  • Anonymous
    Took me 20 years, to get to middle class and now it seems Democrats are trying to artificially raise the bottom up to me, thus putting me back down.
  • Anonymous
    Many people want and need a certain amount of money to fulfill their lifestyle. After that, more money is nice but they're not prepared to compromise their lives so much.
    Work life balance.
    I don't think money is everything. But it's a necessity to enable much of our lives and if you don't have enough, it suddenly seems very important.
  • Anonymous
    I have a question for you

ARE YOU WEARING A MASK AT YOUR JOB TO WORK
  • Anonymous
    I just lived with my parents while j went to a trade school and worked a part-time job and a fULL TIME job for 2 years.

Now I make 70,000. Paid off most of my debt. I lived with my parents til I was like 23.

I legit only paid like 25% of the rent
    • Unit1

This is also a good path to take on.
      In my case my parents are toxic and so I focused moving out ASAP. I did study full time AND worked full time simultaneously. Still working.

• Anonymous

if I had to do it on my own. Live in my car sleep in Walmart parking lots shower at Gyms. Until I save up a lot of money working full time

• Unit1

That's actually a OK plan.