How often do you see interracial couples where you live?

It's really really rare to see interracial couples where I live, even tough there's a significant number of immigrants here. So, I always get surprised when I see a couple like that and they're usually tourists.
You also never see people of different races getting married.
By this, I'm NOT saying that everyone should date/marry outside their race. If you prefer to date/marry within your race, you're free to do it and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just curious about it.

So, is it different where you live? Are they frowned upon?

2541

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Florida and interracial relationships are very common down here. Based on my observation of Florida, Black and White couples are the most common. After that then Hispanic and Black couples and finally Hispanic and White couples.

As for whether it's frowned upon, the answer is no... in general. I'm pretty sure there are individuals down here who oppose interracial relationships but such people will never express it publicly since the majority of the population approves it.

• "I'm pretty sure there are individuals down here who oppose interracial relationships but such people will never express it publicly since the majority of the population approves it." - I guess that's what happens in most places.

Most Helpful Girl

• Up until late last year, I lived in Los Angeles, California. Down there, I saw more interracial couples then same race couples.
    Then I moved to Washington State, and there’s nearly no minorities, much less interracial couples...