What's My State Like part 2: A musical journey through North Carolina (Festivals, Food, and fun)

In part one I gave some general facts about NC and it's cities. Now let's look at some Cackalacy food and fun! As you scroll through feel free to listen to the songs!

North Carolina Festivals

Mayberry Days

Mount Airy (Mayberry) is home to the Mayberry Days Festival each September. There is a huge parade and festival to celebrate Andy Griffith and the show that bears his namesake. Festivities include meet and greets with original cast members, a parade, cosplayers, and other things.

NC State Fair

Every Mid-October it comes to Raleigh for 10 fun days!

Dixie Classic Fair

Another fair that happens each fall in Winston Salem.

Lexington BBQ Festival

One of the largest BBQ festivals in the US. The North Carolina capital of BBQ.

Cackalacy Eats

If you come to North Carolina, you're gonna have some of the best food you could ever imagine!

Carolina BBQ Ribs

Now, this is a Carolina meal!

Carolina Style Burgers and Dogs

Cookout

California has In N Out, North Carolina has Cookout.

Carolina Attractions

NASCAR Hall of Fame

Blue Ridge Parkway/ Lynn Cove viaduct

Grandfather Mountain

Brown Mountain Lights

What are these mysterious lights? Ufos? Ghosts? City light reflections? Some people say it's the ghost of a slave who went to find his master, and the lantern caused the lights.

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort

Cherohala Skyway and The Dragon

Running through Tennessee and North Carolina. 318 curves in 11 miles! This is a dangerous road!

WARNING: the following pictures are graphic.

There are lots to do, eat and see in North Carolina! Don't let The Dragon intimidate you, it is a very pretty drive. You just have to know how to handle it.

#NorthCarolina

#Mountainstocoast

35
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• What about the McAdenville Christmastown? The have a light show every year that’s a big attraction in December! It’s really gorgeous especially if your a huge Christmas fanatic

Most Helpful Guy

• The Blue Ridge Parkway is a severely underrated tourist destination, even for those in the state. Go sometime in the fall when leaves begin to change and it is wonderful.
    And yes, Cookout is amazing. I can go anywhere in the state and expect one to be in the town I'm in, and even though it's cheap it is good food (even if it isn't at all healthy for you). Their late hours have saved my ass many times in college.

• I remember I was going to college in Johnson City, TN when we first got Cookout there (It's first Tennessee location) It was so good it took business away from Bojangles Wendys and Zaxbys.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• I love N Carolina. I want to move to Charlotte.

Sadly I'm stuck in the other Carolina.

• You'll have me planning my summer vacation if you keep this up

• I love the song Wagon Wheel. It’s one of my mom’s favorite country songs.

• Nice. Seems like a fun place. But your food's lacking in sauce, going by those pics. Looks tasty, though...

Simples...