Can you respond without venting your anger?

The Republic has been saved!

Many of you will not agree with me. I don't expect you to agree. Your difference of opinion is understandable and political disagreements are the highest form of protected free speech. I don't feel a need to try to convince you of my viewpoint.

I do want you to understand that I am not ignorant and I am not blindly optimistic. I am not unquestionably convinced that President Trump will accomplish great things for our country; he has the capacity to let his ego be a tremendous impediment, even a roadblock to political success. However, he also has the capacity and the opportunity to accomplish great things and to take a place in history alongside great presidents like Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt. I will judge Mr. Trump by his results, not by his words.

Bernie Sanders is not our president and Hillary Clinton is not our president. Perhaps that is what you wanted but it did not happen. Now that Mr. Trump has been inaugurated, we all must ask ourselves whether we really want to mend the divisions in this country or whether we want to tolerate or perpetuate the extreme partisan rancor which has grown so horribly in recent years.

Do continued protests, insults, and name calling help you? Does it help our country? Do you think that name calling and insults will bring down a president?

Can you respond and answer my questions without engaging in name calling, insults, etc.?

22
35

Most Helpful Guy

• pavlove
    When you started with the republic is saved i was annoyed but then I saw who wrote the question and feel as though you've earned respect on this site so i took a look.

You are correct and I've been thinking along similar lines. I think his ego is what terrifies me about the man more than his policy. I don't believe in isolation but honestly unless you are an economist or someone with a big understanding of it you have no idea if it will be better or worse for the country.

There is also the question of him wanting to reinstate an unchecked police force. While I understand how the tension especially between the black community and the police force is unacceptable, I don't think giving the police all of the power is the answer.

What I did like from his speech is when he said "make america better than ever." The goals of a president are the only thing i can truly appreciate fully as the methods are too complex for the average citizen to really understand for they themselves to say which policy is better.

Finally, while his speech played very strongly to his core base, I don't think there is much of a connection between his words and his actions. I think we are for four years of Ayn Rand leadership. I think that his core will be happy so long as he continues to make the same speeches even if they get shortchanged in favor of the business owners. Everything will be guided by a respect for the economy including military interests.

It's an exciting time because he is so against the status quo. But, with great risk comes the chance of great reward or great loss.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for your very thoughtful response. When I wrote "The Republic has been saved," my meaning was not clear. I am not convinced that Trump is our savior, but the Republic has been saved from 4 years of Hillary. Trump was not my original choice on the Republican slate and I was a Never Hillary voter.

Yes, I am concerned about his ego getting in the way of making good decisions but I am willing to wait and judge him on his performance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Klara-Hitler
    Trump's presidency isn't too exciting to me personally, mainly because of the threats of trade wars, but I have reasons to hope he will be better than Hussein in some areas, especially in the matter of dealing with terrorism and Middle East foreign policy.

Trump wasn't a loyal conservative in his life and isn't a true conservative now.

But leftists calling him a fascist is that: laughable, absurd, absolutely hilarious.

Because Trump simply imitated the Democrats targeting a Republican audience. He and his campaign advisers simply created a right-wing fan base using the collectivist methods of Democrats and put them in front of the brainless Leftist hooligans of Democrats.

Both groups have a tribal affiliation that seeks to prevent criticism, they have a herd mentality, and the inherent immorality of any tribal entity.

That is what people get when they go towards the regressive Left. They can try to push for more Socialism until they see Fascism, real Fascism, literally rise in America before their very eyes. Trump isn't even the beginning of the response they are going to get from right-wing Americans.

He's simply a celebrity in conservative disguise put against their leftist celebrity as a response.

That is what truly angers the left: Trump is using their guns and methods of psychological warfare.

Now the herds of left marching and calling the man a fascist. I just watch them and make jokes and laugh. Western left is generally a good joke.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2134
  • Elarra
    Sitting down and taking something you don't agree with like a little bitch doesn't unify the country, either, so I guess you gotta agree to disagree at this point with the protesting and the methods.
    • DAMN RIGHT GIRL.

• Kiran04

Ah yes, continue flipping cars and burning Starbuck's. People will surely listen to you if you continue doing the exact same thing that lost you the election in the first place.

• Elarra

@Kiran04 Because every protest is a violent one, right? Besides, you make it sound like protests, whether violent or not, haven't worked. You must never have learned about the Boston Tea Party or the American Revolution or Democratic National Conventions riots or Watts Riot.

Just saying. You should brush up on your history.

• SeraBarton
    No, you don't get to say the things that Donald trump has said and then just get a free pass. As far as I'm concerned the man is irredeemable and unbeffitting of president. The people who voted for him are doing their happy dance because they don't want to admit that he's already turned on them too.

What do you expect? He ran his whole campaign on stirring up the anger and bringing in the poor and ignorant with brash talk, rude immature comments, and an absolute metric fuckton of empty promises.

"Lock her up!" His fans chanted, not happening he praised Clinton the day after elections

"Build a wall!" Nah more like a fence,

"Make Mexico pay for it!" Nah more like you pay for it and I'll get it back from Mexico if it works out that way.

"Obamas the worst president ever, Throw out Obamacare." now he has nothing but respect for Obama and says he's just going to amend Obamacare.

Am I glad he might not be an absolute psycho? Sure, but give him a chance? Fuck no. Hillary won the popular vote by more than 2 million and that's WITH the Russian hacking.

Trump is just a corrupt joke and a stain on whatever was left to be respected about our government. At 61% dissaproval he's literally the most hated "politician" in American history, so fuck him. I hope he gets impeached the sooner the better.

#notmypresident
    • You are part of the problem.

• Had Hillary won the election, you would be shot dead by a terrorist of ISIS sooner or later. Be grateful to Trump.

• Lol, inactive, I smell a troll account... Just as well, there are so many wholes in what she wrote, it's almost laughable.

• BruceJender
    • To be truly inclusive, he should have also promised to wipe out Baptist and Methodist terrorists!

• reixun
    I don't name call Trump even if I don't like him. I'd rather just see what he does, like you said.

Peaceful transitions of power are what make the US great, so let democracy do what it does and let the country go in the direction the people want. If we were a lesser country, someone would have killed him by now.
    • reixun

Not saying the country will be okay because tyrants have been democratically elected before. What I mean is whatever happens was the people's choice so good luck to them

• reixun

Update: Hate everything he's done, fuck that cheeto

• SteppingOnRoses
    What i wish for is that Obama would stay indeffinitely :D
    • Sorry i find the man charismatic. Have since 2008.

• No need to apologize for how you feel. And I don't think I need to attack your preference - or you - just because we differ.

• Ok then. by the way im not American so maybe im not too aware of what he's done while in office.

• TheDevilInside
    This is me not angry, just stating my objective opinion: A n orange raisin with a mini broom for a hair is gonna rule the most powerful country on earth. Yep. Welcome... aliens.
    • Insulting Trump because of his appearance. . . is that better than Trump imitating a disabled reporter?

• again, not insulting. Stating my opinion. No anger, hence no "insult". Ok how's this: Someone who says things like "grab her by the pussy" is gonna rule the most powerful country on earth. Yep. Welcome... aliens.

• If I call you a dumb ass of the highest order but insist that I simply stated my opinion and did so without anger, does that mean I didn't insult you? The ends always justifies the means when you are self-righteous.

• HungLikeAHorsefly
    I didn't vote for Mr. Trump but I do hope he succeeds. My main concern now is how he plans to achieve the things he has promised. His economic plans are a combination of failed Trickle Down Economics and old school isolationism that many nations have tried and always end up worse off for.

I think four years from now, we'll be in the exact same economic boat (if not worse) and we'll have fewer liberties to show for it. But, I hope I'm wrong.
  • BBMonarch
    I am not American so you can probably ignore my comment, but I will post it anyway..

Taking into consideration that the USA have a political voting system that means that you can win and become the president without having the majority of the votes BEGGS for people to protest, and even though you say that it might divide the country and so on- they have the RIGHT to protest and if they feel like what they are seeing is unfair then let them.. What is the point in having all of the 'freedom' America is so happy to talk about if you can't use it?

And second, living in Europe and seeing it from this side of the pond..

How are we supposed to take him seriously?
    - He LIES about something we all could see with our own eyes as soon as he came into office..
    - He refuses to set up a blind trust and instead have his kids run the companies and then as the FIRST things he does accepts deals that will financially benefit companies that he (/his family) owns stock in..
    Its a president
    - He is more interested in showmanship and the looks of his staff than what they can do or what he can do to work for the country..
    - He is petty and whiney, complaint about small things and brushing away big important issues..
    - He has put a guy into position that wants to shut down Net Neutrality, thats a MASSIVE thing to worry about as an American..
    ... And I haven't even mentioned the beat horse of sexism, racism and so on..

He is not fit to run the country and though you would like to say that it's funny, its not so much funny as its pathetic and a little scary.. But he is YOUR president, so the rest of us will just pretend he isn't real until he goes away I guess..
    • "the USA have a political voting system that means that you can win and become the president without having the majority"

The problem is that many of the protestors do not understand the point of that voting system. To make it short: The USA is such a big country - unlike the european countries - with quite possibly diversing opinions depending on the location. If you go by the pure majority there is a good chance the few population heavy states will always control the outcome of the vote and the needs of the lower-population states will be ignored.

• BBMonarch

@FakeName123 The point of the American system comes down to the politicians not actually trusting the people to vote and have added a safe-switch that they now don't dare to use.. And yes, America is big but if you don't let the majority win you are basically saying that because you come from a heavy populated state that your vote doesn't count as much as the votes of those who come from less populated states.. and also means, it doesn't matter what the majority wants, what counts is if they live too close to each other.. it's killing a movement.

• You are making a key mistake though by equaling how European countries work to how the United States work due to the states being more independent as well as it's size. If you want to compare the US to Europe, you should compare it to the European Union having a handful of countries decide for everyone (which is kinda already happening). That clearly is NOT fair to the countries that have less voting power for obvious reasons.

The founding fathers were actually fairly smart and aware of this issue and thus this system came to be. You can call it unfair - but the other way you propose is equally unfair in a different way. Both sides have their advantages and disadvantages to it.

• juststrollin
    Well, clearly name calling and insults and racism is ok with our president. Do you think he set a good example and won cleanly? Or did he exploit others hatred make blatant false promises and use it to win over others?

• That does not address the point of the post. Are you capable of addressing the question I asked? What can we do to end the divisiveness?

• I for one only want an upstanding individual, an beyond intelligent person, who has the country's people best interest at heart, regardless of their financial and racial background, with a politcal background who is to run my country. You have got to be crazy to think the majority will let someone less than that, who got in his place by trickery and using the spiteful racist and hateful individuals to further his own agenda, will be in its place. So while i dont personally "riot" which you use in place of a protest I support everyone who does and I feel it is my duty as a American citizen to not passively accept this charade.

• So you think that people rioting will bring down a president? Is there any history of that in this country?

• Red_Arrow
    The Republic has NOT been saved.

Trump has repeatedly shown throughout his campaign that he does not believe the experts in any fields. He has even stated that he knows better than them. Whether it be sciences where people have studied many years, then built experience on top of that learning, or fields where people have entered with little education but spent decades increasing their knowledge, Trump comes off a reality TV show after making billions on the backs of others, and claims he knows more about everything than those who actually do know.

And now he has chosen "buddies" instead of experts (or even somewhat knowledgeable people) to head departments. Perhaps his worst moves include picking three Goldman Sachs people to "show us the way". You remember Goldman Sachs? The group that ripped off its own customers and the American people? They have been fined nearly 9 billion dollars, yet no one went to jail for precipitating the financial ruin which took our economy so far into hell! Trump spent most of the campaign criticizing Clinton for her dealings with them, then he puts them in cabinet positions.

Insults and name calling? Nobody has begun to come close to Trump himself in insulting people on every side, and continuously name calling.

Do continued insults and name calling help our country? Absolutely not, yet that is what
    the man you are holding up as some kind of idol has been doing all along. And since the election, the time has been when any other winner would be doing all he (or she) could do to heal the divisions and bring the country together. Yet his toxic twitter storms have continued.

"However, he also has the capacity and the opportunity to accomplish great things and to take a place in history alongside great presidents like Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt." Not until he learns to listen to real experts instead of placing himself above all of them.
  • raspberry0416
    I'm not sure what the point of your post is, other then to bait democrats to engage in insults and name calling.
    The only reason he's in office is because lots of uneducated people buy his bullshit and turned out for him in battleground states. And yes, I say bullshit because all he has done is stir up fear and bigotry in people who do not know any better. His real interests are in his business empire, not in serving the public. His election as president is not a good thing, and I am not excited to see someone of such poor character become the president of this county.
    I don't know if he will be able to accomplish what he promised his supporters, but his election is an insult to the presidency.
    • Q. Can you respond and answer my questions without engaging in name calling, insults, etc?
      A. No.

• Red_Arrow

Actually, her response is her opinion (and a reasonable one) and she does not devolve into name calling. And you can only call parts of it insults if you consider telling the truth to be insulting people.

• @Red_Arrow "all he has done is stir up fear and bigotry in people" Call it what you want bit your bias is showing.

• Paris13
    I sure can, and with Lots of Love.. For our New president Who is One of the Best from the Rest.
    Turn on the News, the Right One, hun, anyways, and See all of his New... Changes and Upcoming Ones, hun.
    Beautifully Done. Sore Losers is On the other side of that "Wall," but Not on on my own Other Side. xx
    • Paris13

Thank you for the Like, dear. xx

• NerdInDenial
    I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.

• I appreciate your service to our country!

• I appreciate it, but the honor is mine. I serve the republic because I know how my life would have dramatically been altered being born in China.

• cipher42
    Who cares if name calling and insults don't help? The point is expressing their anger is all, and I'd say that's a fully valid goal. People aren't robots, they're not perfect logical machines with absolute control over their emotions. If people want to vent, why is that a bad thing? Unless they're actively causing harm, they're simply expressing themselves as they have every right to do. Besides, isn't the Trump camp all about "freedom of speech" and not "censoring themselves"? How is it fair to defend Trump's blatant insults and bigotry as free speech and then condemn his opponents for insulting him right back?
    • I am not a member of the Trump camp. I was a Never Hillary voter.

• cipher42

I never said you were. All I mean is that when Trump is as massively bigoted and just generally shitty as he is, it's totally reasonable for people to react with anger and to want to make their anger known, privided they aren't harming anyone in the process.

• So you have no interest in the divisiveness being dampened?

• Jager66
    - Thank you President Trump for saving Canada from TPP.
    - Thank you President Trump for fucking over Political Correctness and exposing the "Special snowflake Cry bullies" as the bigoted Facist's that they are, to the entire world.

That's all I care about that involves Trump.
    • Kirah

Seriously, people greatly underestimate how big of an impact the TPP would have had. It would have been a disaster.

• WriterAndPainter
    We meet again...

Yes, it needs to stop. It's not going to change and the protesters haven't given him a fair chance. Some of these "protest" are tantrums. If roles were reversed, it would be madness if we that voted for now PRESIDENT TRUMP as behaving as some are. Violence isn't a protest.
  • KnightCross
    I don't know whether Trump will accomplish great things in USA... but for sure he will handle economy better than Obama... but the only thing i'm interested in him is the possibility he may promote a new Holy Crusade to end the persecution in the middle east and hopefully in the rest of the world
  • RegularTK421
    Trump will have 4 years to prove himself. We have already seen the many promises Obama hasn't kept, the lies he has told, and the numerous scandals that have occurred under his administration. I judge a president on his actual performance. Simply put, he doesn't have a political history on which we can judge him yet.
  • godfatherfan
    This guy has shown he is out of touch with people (as is the entire republican party), he degrades women, wants to screw his own daughter, asked his followers to kill Hillary clinton, had 90% of his own party disowning him, can get pulled into a twitter fight with 1 little jab, and just makes up the "Facts" as he goes. He is a complete disgrace to the American people, to his own party, and to ompa loompa's everywhere.
    He lost by 2.8 million votes. Due to a severely outdated election system, he won the electoral college by only 77k votes. He will only be around 4 years. All we can hope is he doesn't do so much damage so that the next Democrat in office can't fix it.
    Bill Clinton was the greatest president of my lifetime. When he was in office, there were jobs and money everywhere. Hillary was a large part of that. Had she been elected, Bill would have been right there again. It would have been a boon for America and the people. I seriously can't understand people out there.
    • He never asked anyone to kill Clinton. Also how is the electoral college outdated?

• @Thisperson98 a big reason it was put into place because it was impossible for people to travel all around the country back then. It tooks weeks and months. We now have the ability to campaign everywhere all at once... to travel across the country in hours... it is outdated and seriously flawed. The fact that every election, except arguably the most important one, is decided by popular vote makes the electoral college just absurd.

• @Thisperson98 and by the way... check the speach... he encouraged the nazi fucks that follow him to shoot her...

• akadatank44
    I was never a Trump supporter per se but I did like him over Hilary and your absolutely right. He has the capacity to do great things! Let's give him a chance people. And the protestors today. I don't know if we should be concerned or wgat that people have that much time to waste? Tommorrow morning he's still gonna be our President. Nothing is gonna change that. You chaining yourself to anything is gonna get you arrested. I understand it completely, your not happy on who is President. But did they think they could do something? Its not like anyone is on strike and union leaders and management of a company are meeting over talks. If they'd only put that much time into something that mattered other great things could be done!
  • Pinkbeauty
    I'm shocked that trump became president if ted Cruz or Ben Carson or mitt Rodney were in the presidential race I would have voted for one of them I saw Donald trumps speech on YouTube and it was not good because he didn't give a nice positive speech 😕
    • Octavius

"I don't know if sand can glow in the dark, but we're going to find out!"-Ted Cruz

• Pinkbeauty

@Octavius nice quote

• Waffles731
    "However, he also has the capacity and the opportunity to accomplish great things and to take a place in history alongside great presidents like Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt. "
    Theodore Roosevelt was very agressively anti-big business, Thomas Jefferson would have rather had a Man like trump killed for being too authoritarian.
    Trump's Cabinet Picks have shown that I cannot afford to give him a chance.
    I will point out every dumb thing he does, in four years, We will throw every single thing he has done or screwed up at him and skin him alive in the 2020 elections,
    I won't compromise with him, I won't allow him to do any of the truly awful things he wants. Trump has a lower approval rating than any incoming president and lost the popular vote by over 3 million, Presidents lose supporters not gain them, Enjoy the four years trump as president trump, cause you won't get 8
    • "Trump's Cabinet Picks have shown that I cannot afford to give him a chance." That is not your decision to make.

"Trump has a lower approval rating than any incoming president " Do you thnk the liberal media has ANYTHING to do with that? Democrats are so quick to complain about Russia interfering in the election but they don't complain about biased and inaccurate reporting that influenced the election and its aftermath.

"Enjoy the four years trump as president trump, cause you won't get 8" Six months ago, Obama and millions of other Democrats said that there was NO WAY Trump could win the election. Your fortune-telling abilities have become suspect.

• Waffles731

Pattern wise, we are due for a one term president.
      "That is not your decision to make" Actually yeah it is, me and millions of other Americans
      "Do you thnk the liberal media has ANYTHING to do with that?"
      If the media is so liberal why on earth do we allow schools to teach creationism.
      The media is conservative, The Largest news network is owned by Rupert Murdoch, he owns a fuckload of the papers, and owns the satellites for most of the other news networks.
      "Your fortune-telling abilities have become suspect."
      if trump got elected in 2020 that'd be the longest we've gone in a VERY long time without a one term president.

• The decision was already made!

• RhythmBlack
    I think with Trump's ego, his confidence may take a blow and he'll do more things to justify his greatness.
    Protests just put's that he's not liked in his face, will it change who the president is no, but people are rallying up for the 2018 election cycle. That, and they're waiting for him to slip up since they're reading the constitution word for word at this point. The minute he does something unconstitutional, I doubt people who didn't like him will miss the chance to do so because it's written in the constitution that he can. If you're a Trump supporter, just make sure your candidate isn't as stupid that everyone thinks he is. He's the president, but I don't respect him and I'm not obligated to do so.
    • *miss the chance to over throw the government because it's written in the constitution that they can.

• The next presidential election is in 2020. Mid-term elections for Senate and House are in 2018.

• I know that, I guess only I call the mid-term election for senate and house an election cycle. If that's factual incorrect, sorry I didn't know.

• madhatters4
    "we all must ask ourselves whether we really want to mend the divisions in this country or whether we want to tolerate or perpetuate the extreme partisan rancor which has grown so horribly in recent years.

Do continued protests, insults, and name calling help you? Does it help our country? Do you think that name calling and insults will bring down a president?"

this has been a common thing said by trump supporters. the irony of course being that so many spent 8 years insulting, protesting, name calling, burning effigies, and otherwise denouncing Obama from the moment he took office. i mean the birther movement literally went on for 8 years.

i'm not one to get up in arms. events will play out as they will. but i have a hard time listening to people (not necessarily you) who spent 8 years castrating our president, who was far less explicitly divisive, suggest that non-trump supporters fall in line
    • Do you recall this. . .
      static2.politico.com/.../

• never saw that. I recall seeing these in the news
      4.bp.blogspot.com/.../..._effigy_redondo_beach.jpg
      i5.photobucket.com/.../...M_102908_obamaeffigy.jpg

I know most people are of sound mind. it's a vocal minority protest, riot, resort to violence. i just find it rather... hmmm what's the word... perfunctory for so many to say we must mend fences (a lot of those people are on this site). who prior to the election fussed for years about obama, said he's my president, said the election was rigged however when news comes out now that it is they're response is "bullshit".

i think everyone should let people do what the do unless they are going to be the agent of change they ask. if trump supporters want to tell people to mend fences they have to look in the mirror and really ask if they were ever so willing. if anti-trump people want to throw stones (figuratively or literally) they should ask themselves what was their responses to the anti-obama or anti-hillary sentiment

• it just seems like it's too easy and transparent when your guy (again not necessarily you) wins to act like you've been on the high road all along when you chanted killary, lock her up, nobama, protested with obscene rhetoric or gesture for years.

otherwise we should just respect people's right to dissent and not support the president whether it was not supporting obama or trump

• starryeyedkitten
    If he can actually do what he says he's going to do it would be awesome. I think however he will face a lot of hardships and drop out
  • WhereAmI
    Do you think the proposed corporate tax cuts should be conditional upon hiring a combination of skilled and unskilled workers (depending upon the type of business) or should it just be given freely like Obama gave the banks a bailout without any conditions?
    • No, I don't think it should be conditional. As a general rule, I favor government meddling as little as possible. And, the tax savings may still create trickle down benefits. E. g., a business may need to make some capital improvements and use the new savings for that purpose. They would not be hiring new employees directly but the improvements would create jobs for employees of construction companies.

• WhereAmI

I'm having a hard time believing it will trickle down as intended without some direction/incentive to do so by the government since the greed of business tends to prevail. I hope your right though.

• You are not old enough to remember how well the country did during the Reagan Administration. It works.

• NajemEddine
    "As you are, your rulers will be "
    trump is what many americans look like
    • Trump represents the gradually building resentment to years of liberal politics.

• he won its the reality

• chigurl33
    I can't tell you he'll be the worst president ever or he'll truly make America great again but I can tell you that he'll do some good, he'll do some bad, we'll move on. He's not going to take back any progress with lgbt rights because I remember him saying he is for them but I don't really see what else he could do for their cause since the only other problems they have are based on personal bias. All I can say is that the left just found out the repercussions of not caring about a population that is roughly 39 percent of the country, white guys..

No we didn't go back fifty years, we went forward one or am I the only one that celebrated the new year?
  • lightbulb27
    A bunch of people, including friends of mine, are scared and angry. When this is over writing (FB, email), it is even worse. Part of any emotional process... shame... fear... ANGER... Pride. Its a process. When they do that, it is hard to raltionalze and accept any good, its all tragedy. Some people are more rational and just don't like what they see on balance.

Personally, I'd just let people vent and listen to them. Pray for them and comfort them. because they are stuck in fear and you can't logically shift someone out of fear... its an emotion.

• Nojudge
    *SIGH* Try to give President Trump a chance. Wait and see what happened.
  • John_Doesnt
    How can any American not be angry about massive corruption? I'm angry because I'm not retarded.
    • I know I am! I am angry that the DNC literally rigged the primary election for Hillary, and no one has done anything about it! That whole group should be arrested for Treason!

• @genuinlysensitive I think you're confused. It was the Russian government and the FBI who rigged the actual election.
      I hope you like borscht and can learn to speak Russian because your next president is Vladimir Putin.

• No, first of all, you are ignoring the fact that the DNC and Hillary rigged the primary, second, despite tons of media innuendo, and multiple recounts, the votes are in. Trump won fair and square. In fact your boy Obama even kicked Russian diplomats off US soil, something they didn't even do at the height of the cold war. Clinton clearly violated federal law and if she wasn't Clinton, and above the law, she would be in jail. Seriously you need to realize just because someone has a little "d" next to their name does not excuse their actions any more than if they have a little "r".

• Smarter
    I can't respond to self - righteous people they are too far up their buttocks. they are mental they can't read they can't have a conversation without mocking someone because they are better than me all because of self. ,./;'[]\ #$%^#!&*^%$##$$%%^^^&&**(
    • So you don't like liberals?

• Smarter

i love them they entertain me and I laugh at them not with them. the whole time i am thinking you are so better than me and when i say this they lie about it and not even knowing to justify self righteous.

• Phoenix98
    Nah I totally agree with you, time for change and for a new president.
  • Icyfire101
    Do continued protests, insults, and name calling help you? No, however, protestors are within their 1st amendment rights to do the above given that the time, place, and manner are legal.

Does it help our country? Greatly, actually. The concept of the US is based off of a free expression of ideas, especially political and religious ones.

Do you think that name calling and insults will bring down a president? I don't think that's the point of name calling and insulting the (now) president. But, as the holder of the biggest job in the country, you are definitely going to be scrutinized for every action you do and have done before.

I'm definitely not a trump supporter, but I do hope he does well for the benefit of all Americans. That being said, I look forward to 2020.
  • lumberman9
    Sure I could vent without getting too angry but others can't and with everything going on it will be a while before the division of this country lessens
  • 1inten
    Trump has indicated his approval of torture, this for me is unsettling in the extreme. And together with the willingness to build walls, and his possible stance on abortion. I have a rather low opinion of this person. There you go anger not vented.
  • Marinepilot
    OlderAndWiser-Once again you are the voice of reason. I fervently want the division and the wounds as a nation have incurred the past eight years to heal. Obviously, the liberal left doesn't want his. You've been a legal mentor to me as a fledgling
    law student and you've help me see sides of issues I'd never considered, I
    think before, no make that I know that before we as a nation, a people can
    heal, we must give President Trump a fair an equitable chance, Then and only then can we properly pass judgment.
  • Exterminatore
    As far as I'm concerned Trump can do no wrong right now. I agree with every decision he's made baring the TPP and only because I don't know enough about it to make an educated judgement call. He's doing what he said he would. May God bless him and prosper him.

I have no inclination to mend fences with opposers. I'm morally and ideologically opposed to communists, liberals, feminists, socialists, and any other group which opposes the tenenants of Christianity and Conservatism. I have no intent or desire to find one, to come into common aggrement with those who support and adhere to such godless ideologies.
  • zagor
    You mention protected free speech, but it seems in the last few days the new administration has been acting to curtail the speech of those who disagree with their goals.
  • skeptic002
    it doesn't matter either way things will play out the way there meant to play out
  • Rissyanne
    Very excited!!!
    • Rissyanne

Are you watching these crazy ass protesters?

• No, watching them is what they want and I don't want to give them what they want.

• Rissyanne

These idiots are unbelievable

• Dred1614returns
    I'm with you 100%. I hope the leftists chill out soon.
  • echoaj
    He has the potential to do many bad things too bro. Mention that too. For christ sake he nominated Betsy Devos as Education secretary. Such a horrible pick. His cabinets is full of billionaires including her. People thought they were nominating someone who was anti-establishment turns out not to be the case. He will not fix our corrupt political system. He skips out on security briefings. He dismisses intelligence from the CIA, department of defense, homeland security etc. He's already shown great incompetence as it is. We will see how our country is like in 1 year but I bet it will go downhill.
  • The_flying_Frenchman
    Do they help me? No, but I don't look down on people who wish to express their contention in peaceful demonstration. Many of the most influential proponents of equality in history have used protests to send a message. Ghandi, Martin Luther, Dr. King. Suggesting that people shouldn't make their voices heard in the name of "settling things down" is very un-American of you.

Obviously burning cars isn't the way about it but for the 99% of peaceful protesters out there, they are exercising the rights brave men and women died for and you should respect that even if you don't agree with what they want.
  • VriskaC
    MAGA
  • CT_CD
    Donald Trump is the man
  • unknownpoet
    no. it's impossible without insults
  • HarryBenton
    Yes I can.
  • Anonymous
    guy is a complete lunatic, and so are you
  • Anonymous
    Glad to see our new President taking office. I hope he keeps more of his promises than our last President did!