An Open Letter To The Girl Who Broke The Man I Love

An open letter to the girl who broke the man I love.

Hi there.

I don't know if you know who I am , or if some people have whispered my name into your ear.

I often wonder if you know about me and if you know that I have been the one who has been holding him when you left him in tears and broken. See - I met him two weeks after you ended your six year relationship with him . I have since then spent every day of my life picking up the shattered pieces you left behind. What you no longer want - I want with all my heart. To me he is worthy. To me he is beautiful. To me he is the only person that exist. Even when he told me that he was still going to propose to you. I was the one who helped him pick out your ring, even when it broke my heart . Who gave him calming words when he was scared that you were going to say no. I was the one who hugged him and held him tight when you did. See - I know you might be thinking "What type of woman stands by and is alright with this happening" . The type of woman that loves what you gave away so much that she puts his happiness above anything else. I would have given him to you times a thousand if that was what would make him happy.Love isn't selfish .I see you everywhere- I hear your name often.I know you even though we have never met.

Its a few months later now and he is starting to heal .I have stayed through the drunken phone calls, the morbid outlook on life, and the pain that you caused him.

I just want you to know that he is going to be alright.

That his snoring is as bad as ever.

He has started putting the pictures of you away.

He still misses you. But he talks less and less about you.

Please don't come back and break what I have been trying to hold together for months now.

He is my best friend;

He is my person;

He is the one you recklessly broke.

1930

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't believe there are so many people here that think this is ok, because it's not, it's so far from ok. Everyone here has been fooled into thinking it is ok just because you wrote it so eloquently. I don't care how eloquently you describe shit, shit is still shit. Your "love" sounds like an obsession and completely unhealthy for the both of you. You took advantage of him when he was at his weakest and lowest point in his life, you're not a martyr or a great person like you want everyone else to think, seriously why even write this? It serves no purpose other than to inflate your own ego on how you're such a good and loving person for the "sacrifices" you made and how the other woman was basically a giant bitch. I've looked over female friends that have gone through life changing break ups, I know how easy it can be to quickly sweep in and take their ex's place (not that I have ever done it or ever wanted to, just stating that it can be easily done since they are so incredibly vulnerable and lonely).

You were obsessed with a guy that was in love with a woman that he wanted to marry, you were a crappy friend. Friends should be platonic, otherwise don't be friends at all. What you described isn't love, it's nothing more than a delusional obsession and frankly it's plain creepy.

Most Helpful Girl

• To the girl who broke the man *I* love:
    If you were on fire
    and I had a glass of water
    I would drink it.

• Did u set her on fire by chance? Lol

• @ted22 Even better--I showed her what that man COULD be with a little tlc. He's successful and happy now. That's the best revenge there is.

• That's awesome.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• I really and sincerely do hope you find happiness with each other.

I do think that the other woman might have had very good reasons to end the relationship, and that while she might have left your man broken hearted, she didn't necessarily break him. There is a difference.

• Simply AMAZING!!!
    i wish i could find someone that can truly love me that much and write the same letter to my STBX.
    you are an amazing person and have the greatest heart i have ever heard of.
    good luck, and i hope you get the love that you deserve in return.

• That was sweet... although I was expecting one written in blood with words that go something like:
    HE"S MINE NOW BITCH! EAT SHIT AND DIE!!!
    But you know... details. :v :)

• That was worth reading times a thousand. You'll make a guy very happy. It's good to know there really are women like you.

• This really brings to life the difference between mature and immature love. You loved this man so much that you were willing to give him up because it would make him happy. That's very hard to come by right now and I very much admire this as I can be a little selfish in my feelings for another. Very well written and nice Take.

• Don't get me wrong, I think it's truly amazing that you've got so much empathy and compassion in your heart, but I've got to ask...

What about you and what you want? I'm afraid that if you put your romantic interest's feelings before your own, you'll end up heartbroken -- you'll end up losing some of that empathy and compassion that's so amazing.

• Rebound relationships can be a minefield , are you really ready for this , normally men are single for months , if not years between relationships , as it is much harder in general for men to meet & date women , most women will avoid a " rebound guy " like the plague !! However it's nice to see a man NOT get blamed for everything , like we typically do !!

• he is a lucky guy to have someone as special and wonderful as you.

• Lucky man. Most of us have to put the pieces together on our own. With a nail gun.

• Wow you sound like an awesome friend

• i wish there was someone for me to say those word to her!!

• Your with a man who wasn't even ready for a relationship... won't work

• Wow you're in seventh circle of friendzone lol :D

• You wrote so well, nice myTake :)

• Nice one, such deep thoughts

• Omg! Thus s really really a wonderful thing and I never felt this much happy after reading something like this. just superb :-)

• This is beautiful

• thats actually touching.

• *speechless*

• Kudos to you for going to the mattresses for you man.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 18

• So if a person (man or woman) walks out of a six years relationship automatically becomes a bitch and the one who been dumped is a saint that done nothing wrong? Sorry this is naive in most of the cases. Do we know if that "bitch" just had enough of him? Do we know if he was abusing her, cheating on her, ignoring her? Is great that you try to help him although the way you describing it i find it naive and way too melodramatic. Just because someone "broke" after a separation it really doesn't mean they are the victim

• jesus this is adorable!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 @Mario21 if you ever need someone ah gah chu boo 💙💙💙👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽🐓💙😂

• Lovely to read.

What a great and nurturing woman you are.

• Wow... You write the words for feelings I feel...

• This is wrong on so many levels...

• I'm speechless. I'd read this over and over again. I'm glad that he has someone like you. Keep being strong! Great mytake!!! 👍❤️

• I hope he knows just how much you love him and that one day you will get hat kind of love for youself

• Love is not selfish, so you mustn't ask this person not to come back. Things will go the way they go, but I must say that it is great that he has some support.

• WOW!!! That is so DEEP

• Cryinging over this!! Love should be so unselfish!! But at the same tie returned!! You are a better woman than I!!

• well this sounds obsessive and unhealthy relationship. Yikes..

#ItsNotGoingToLastLongInThatMindSet
    #Reality

• How cute 😍

• so sad. I feel you

• Maybe if you wasn't there and around oh so much he would of been emotionally connected with his real love/girlfriend, we women always sense when something is off and the fact you helped picked the ring is sick & twisted & creepy in my opinion, lurking & waiting for it all to fail & now your still picking up the piecies, well you contributed to it so shy should we hold you in esteem? sadly waiting your turn I hope he falls madly in love with someone else, & forgets your ass, which he probably will!!!

• In a similar situation myself.. And for future reference do you think its best for the girl who broke him to fix what she broke. Or forget about him avoid risking anymore pain. Or just give him closure?

• Sorry, but I honestly think you should move on with your life. This so-called letter has some pretty hypocritical affirmations. You didn't do this for him, you did it for you, while hoping he'll someday feel the same for you. You thought that by becoming this martir character, he'd love you more but that will probably not happen. However bad it was, it was their relationship and you meddled.

• Wow, I'm curious to ask you how old you are?