Girlfriend went back to toxic ex. Why?

Well long story short. I met this girl, we connected very well. Hung out, met each others family, just enjoyed each others time. Sadly, there was a bunch of red flags I stupidly overlooked. She has been seeing this guy on and off for about 6 years, out of that 6 they only dated around a year or two. They both would go out and date other people. The relationship is very toxic. Well anyways the ex is bum who doesn't do anything. I graduated college and already in my career. The girl is decently young, around 20. She went from very hot, meeting her family, just being happy, then out of no where she became cold. She said she wanted to be friends but we still could "mess" around. I knew her ex probably came back in the picture. MY questions are: 1) why did she go back 2) why would she want keep messing around and 3) what should I do? I stopped contacting her and just her live life.

20

What Girls Said 2

• Because she lacks emotional maturity. You did the right thing in cutting contact. Crazy people gonna be crazy. All sane people can do is run the other direction.

• I suggest to just leave the picture all together. It doesn't sound like she is at a stable place in her life and you dont want to get involved in that kind of mess. She doesn't know what she wants. It will just be harder for you if you were to get in the middle of everything.

What Guys Said 0