Is my Ex-Boyfriend messing me around?

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me around 2 weeks ago, he said he still wants to be best friends, we had been going out for a year and a half. We both decided to be friends with benefits as long as neither of us sleep with anyone else. Soon after we broke up he was messaging me about how he wants to get back with me in a couple of months, however he recently deleted all the pictures of social media of us. We met up a couple of days ago and he said he loved me, he then took this back and said part of him still loves me. Please help i'm really confused cause the reason he broke up with me is because he did not love me anymore. Am i being messed around and just used for sex?

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He's still having feelings for you, but they are not strong enough to take you back right now. Yes, he uses you for the sex, as that is the definition of friends with benefits.

What Guys Said 1

• There's a reason why he's called your ex.. you should not be friends with your ex, if you ask me.. this is not how any of it works.

• I agree with you and I said to him I don't think friends will work between us, but I said I'm willing to give it a go as it's what he wants. However, I don't think i can be friends with him.

• I'm no better than you, so you don't need to thank me.. like the other girl said, he still has feeling for you.. that's why he's sticking it to you but may be he's self-centered or something that he don't see you getting hurt by all this.. .. or he hasn't thought what's happening with you, maybe he's too busy with something else.. whatever the reason be, i think it's his job to give you clear picture of what's happening- like explain it to you.

• Yeah, that makes sense, thank you :)

What Girls Said 1

• no. don't take him back. I think you should give yourself room from him