Why does my ex contact me when she is seeing someone else?

OK I don't think it is because she wants me back but would like to know what her reasons are. It is often general conversation and catching up. She didn't talk to me for 2 months and doesn't mention her boyfriend now when we talk. Basically I really would like to know whether it is for friendship... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it really depends on the kind of guy you are. For me personally, I feel that I am a big kid (lol) and there is no need for sugar coating or beating around the bush. That being said, if I were in your position (which I have been before) I would flat out say: 'Look, I still have feelings for you but we broke up and shortly after, you got a new boyfriend. There is no reason for us to be talking the way we do when the feelings here are not mutual. I am not here for whatever HE is lacking. Sorry but we can not be friends.' end of story. do not be spiteful or try to hurt her feelings. be honest, if she gets pissed off then oh well, she did this to herself by trying to have you both at once. birthday party is a no go, that will just further cause problems. OH and clearly her boyfriend is either an idiot or she is lying to him if she can get away with talking to you as much/as often as she does. Kinda raises a few red flags, yes?

• This is what's all so confusing. I wouldn't like her talking to me if I were her boyfriend either but we have known each other for a couple of years before we started going out so their was a friendship. But I know I can't be friends right now. I just want to make sure I'm making the right call!