Why does my ex want to see me if he has a new girlfriend?

I was with my boyfriend for 5 years, and we broke up a little over a year ago. He has a new girlfriend, but he has been texting me like once a week the past few weeks. He is flirty in the texts, and he told me I was the best (sex) he ever had. He said that we should have a drink together sometime soon and that he wants to catch up with me. I haven't seen him in a year! He was my best friend. How should I be taking this? What do you think it means? Why did he ask me out for a drink but not to say, lunch in broad daylight?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he is seeing if you still have feelings for him and he wants an ego boost. The other reason he may be contacting you is because he wants to meet up and see if you will have sex with him. I don't think he is missing you he is just missing the sex and he wants to use you. He also maybe not getting it from his new girlfriend. The best thing you can do is stop all contact with him. This is not healthy or good for you, him or his girlfriend. How do you think she would feel if she found out and would you like it if your partner was messaging an ex or wanting to meet up with them? No!

To move on from this guy and get on with your life you need to cut out all contact with him, delete his details, ignore his calls and messages and don't meet up with him. Go out and have fun with your friends, enjoy your life, do the things you want to do and you will meet someone else when the time is right and when you least expect it. You are still quite young and someone will come along and give you the respect you deserve.

It is clear your ex just wants to use you for sex, if he wanted more and felt more towards you then he would say that he misses you etc not just say that the sex was great!

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 5

• Let's see, he talkin' dirty to you, has reduced you to a potential orgasm, and wants to get you liquored up. Meanwhile, he has new woman and just can't wait to get out there and cheat on the poor lass. How should you take this? Save his texts and share them with his new woman. Then scrape this horndawg loser off the bottom of your boots and go take a very long, hot shower.

• You two have a long history together. Clearly he's still very much attracted to you, or else he wouldn't be sexual at all in the text.

Chances are, his girlfriend doesn't know how he's texting you.

As far as what it means, I'd say he wants to see you again, and "feel out" the situation to see just how close you two could be. Things might be cold with his current girlfriend, it's likely that he thinks better of your past relationship by comparison.

The way to take this would be "with caution." He's dating someone else. You were never just a quick hookup, you have five years of backstory. Figure out what YOU might want out of an encounter with him. If it's just a chance to catch up, meet somewhere public. If you'd like to see where things could go, invite him to an old spot you guys used to go often.

Just bear in mind all the facts you laid out for us, and you'll figure out what you want.

• He obviously wants to have sex with you. If you wanna have a friendship with him, state your boundaries and keep a distance for a while. If he doesn't just want sex then he will wait, otherwise he will probably just blow you off slowly.

• Sounds like he still has feelings for you and attached mainly due to the best sex he's had! So he probably doesn't have a great sexual relationship with his current that he did with you so sounds like he is trying to find out. Offer to go for drinks and catch up if you want but say only in the day on sat afternoon or go for a coffee and say you have to be somewhere in an hr..

if your not interested anymore use mate in the txts as this will show you only think of him as a friend now...

• Is everyone thinking what I'm thinking

Why don't you have a 3-way mff with the ex

That way everyone is happy

What Girls Said 19

• some guys think of their ex gf's as friends with benefits. unfortunately, like he obviously is trying to hide it from his other new gf. that's pretty bad.

i have learnt to not talk to my ex-bf, one of my exes, he's a complete douche and a pig. I pretty much bitch slapped him when he tried to like get me to have sex with him. I thought he might have changed, but some guys never change

• I think he's just having some troubles with his girlfriend and he wants to make her jealous. As much as you love(d) him, it's best that you avoid this, otherwise you'll get caught in the moment and his girlfriend will randomly come up to you one day or something.

He's your ex, and he has a new girlfriend. You and him were the past, him and his girlfriend are the present. You need to tell him that, so he doesn't get any strange ideas. And if perhaps you want to see him, maybe lunch would suit your relationship with him better.

Hope I helped, xo

• pure cheater..he's just using you! get away if you can..

• he wants you to be his HOE !

dont do it. you are better than that.

move on.

he doesn't care about u.

if he did, YOU would be the "girlfriend"

but hey, maybe he's just being friendly.

find out and don't fall for any tricks !

• he is a player.

More from Girls
14