My girlfriend dumped me for her ex, who is a jerk. I don't understand?!

Why did she tell me how bad he is too he, but goes right back to him. Leaving holding the bag and a crushed heart. She also told me don't contact... Show More

The thing is I don't want to lose her as a friend. All I wanted is for her to be happy. I must move on with my life, and I know this. Unfortunately, on somedays I feel so stuck, I try my hardest not to think about her. But how do you forget about someone you've know for two years.

Most Helpful Girl

• She could have had unresolved feelings for him and settled for you in a rebound, and realized you weren't what she wanted. :/ That sucks so bad, I'm so sorry she did that to you.

• Thank you for that. The weird thing is I knew her long than he does. So now I've lost my girlfriend, and losing one of best friends.

• It's not worth it. All I can advise you to do is to stay away from dating girls who are emotionally distressed/getting over a breakup. I have been in that vulnerable position before, settling for 2-3 month relationships with guys because I was so desperate for love and acceptance (some treated me well, others didn't) and I do feel guilty about it.

• Thanks for BA. Stay strong. :)