To tall girls who think they have a claim on all the tall guys, you don't

I know not all tall girls think like this, but I've met quite a few who do and for some of the crazy reasons ever. I'm 6'4 pretty tall or so I've been hearing. Anyway saying because I'm tall I should only date tall women is like say sine I'm black I should only date black women. It's ignorant and the reasons I've been giver have been even worse.

Tall guys belong with tall girls and not short ones

To tall girls who think they have a claim on all the tall guys, you don't.

I can count how many times I've heard this. "Oh we're both tall so we're clearly great for each other," or, "She's short you shouldn't be with her." Sorry, but no that's not how things work. The fact that both of us are tall is not some magic sign that we should get together. Likewise if I'm dating a short girl don't come up to me say that I can't date her because I'm tall and she's short. That's a quick way to get on my bad side.

Tall girls produce athletes.

Yes, I've actually have been told this and my thoughts are, "So what?" Date a tall girl and you could produce the next Micheal Jordan. How is that supposed to make me want to date a tall girl? Honestly this can't even be call an argument let alone a reasonable one.

How can you tell me I can have a height preference when you so

Really? Don't be a hypocrite. I really don't like when a girl tells me I can't do something when she herself does it. How are you going to tell me it wrong for me to not want to date tall girls when you don't want to date short guys. I don't see how it's okay for you, but not me.

You're dating the person, not their traits

See this I can agree with, but to only a certain extent. People tend to go for people that find attactive. So like it or not your traits do play a large part it in. And not everyone is going to like every or any traits that you may or may not have.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 21

• It's my preference and nothing more. I'm about 5'9" and I usually wear 3 inch heels going out, so the guy has to be at least a couple of inches taller than me

• There's nothing wrong with having a preference. It's some people try to force their's onto others.

• Hmm, I personally think most guys have a fetish for small sized girls.

Mini, mini, everything mini.

Sorry the word should've been "petite".

• Wait, people actually say that kind of stuff? What the hell!

• Sadly yes.

• I'll admit -I get shipping people because I think they'd make cute kids, but actually pushing it on them? Ick.

• Yeah some people can't take rejection well. It's just in my case I get most of my hate from tall girls because I won't date them.

• Im a tall girl and I've personally never seen height as an issue but I can understand why other tall girls might get frustrated when short girls date taller lads. While a lot of girls might be comfortable dating short lads a lot of lads have short man syndrome and so might ignore taller girls/ not be comfortable dating a taller girls cause of friends taking the mick etc. I think its more sarcasm then anything I don think anyone holds this view strongly

• It goes both ways, you have guys that really like tall girls that is mid height but won't go for them because of how badly they blow tall guys same with short girls

• Totally agree its really just down to individual preference regardless of gender

• Maybe it's just preference? Majority of women want a man to be taller than them so tall women usually want tall men

• Oh yeah it's a preference and that's fine. I just hate people telling me I can't or shouldn't date a short girl because I'm tall.

• Date whoever you want!

• Well I bagged (married) my tall guy who stand's 6' 7" .. I happen to be 5' 10" .. So I think I did pretty damn well. :)

• It's not that you can't get them, it's when she feels entitled to the tall guy just because she's a girl.

• You have to admit though that the first image made you laugh. And yeah.. it's about whatever someone's into. I wouldn't mind dating someone shorter than me as long as the gap isn't that big (I'm gonna look and feel like his fuckin' mom). I'm 1.73m. tall myself and I tend to wear heels A LOT. You know... height isn't that important anyway..

• Yeah. The picture were more for laughs while still making points.

• @performerwannabe
      Do you really need the dots connected? So disappointing.

If you are romantically involved with a male person of shorter stature than yourself, and you therefore look and feel 'like his fuckin' mom' then you have something in common with Jocasta, who spent part of her life fucking her son.

Call it a literary bon mot.

• And I said that's why I wouldn't date someone much shorter in the first place. Jocasta was actually Oedipus' mom and she killed herself when she found out. You still don't make sense dude. @Justiphi

• What is up with all this tall girl bashing lately..

• No one is bashing tall girls.

• You just proved my point, what SHOULD and SHOULDN'T we do, it's all about what society deems acceptable, and well they say short girls should wind up with tall men. That's just how it is. So, it makes short men feel like shit

• I don't see anyone here bashing tall girls.

• My friend is dating a guy a foot shorter than her, it looks weird but who cares they like each other. Height doesn't matter anymore than eye or hair colour.
    Great take by the way :)

• Yeah I agree with your take.

• A TO THE MEN
    Okay, I am 5'0 exactly. People always try to get me to date people my hieght because they think it is cute. No. I date who I want, and if I want someone who is 5'10 or 5'11 I will like them. People also say short and tall look cute, some hate it because they think it is weird looking. Okay, I say date and like whoever you want. Then again, it is extremely hard to get people to stop discriminating others. The most we can do is let them know where they have gone wrong and hope for the best.

• 5ft4 and my dating range has been between 5'11 and 6'6. I think of myself as a little fire cracker, men my height can't handle me and they know it.
    Nice take.

• Yea, a lot of my taller friends will say things like you can't have him, your too short for him, you midgets need to save the tall guys for the tall girls... I'm 5'2 and, I'm just like yes, I like tall guys, I didn't know that was a problem. 😐

• This is the greatest take ever! finally a guy who understands how we feel! (Coming from a 5'ft girl lol)

• I'm 5'7 and have been with guys under 6'0 and over 6'0. Height is not that important to me but I don't want to be taller than him when I wear heels, yes.

• Ugh that bugs me too. Bc I like tall guys and everyone is like that would look weird bc your 5'1 and he is 6'1. Date someone short. And they pick the shortest guy in my grade bc it would be "cute" when we clearly don't like each other.

• Just as there are memes and tweets about tall girls and guys getting together there are just as much about short guys and short girls or ( a lot) about tall guys and short girls and how adorable they are together. Now I'm not saying that what these people who have come up to you have said about only getting with tall girls is right but I can understand why a tall girl would feel a little bitter about a tall dude getting with a short girl.

See, a lot of us don't really mind going out with shorter guys- I know I don't- but our preference is usually toward the same height or taller men, it's just female instinct I suppose. Also, most times guys don't want to be seen with taller girls- at least not taller than them. I'm not sure why but I guess it's just something to do with the male ego but I don't know. Being rejected for being too tall hurts as much if not more than being rejected for being too short. To make sure this kind of rejection doesn't happen again taller girls feel like they have more of a right to the taller guys. That's just what they feel and sometimes they might say it - and I apologise for that- but there's not a lot we can really lay claim to other than the other tall people.
    Do you know hard it is to find shoes that fit? Or clothes long enough without being extra baggy? We can't even wear heels most of the time- or even when we do people are like "oh why would you even need to wear heels? You're tall anyway",( you wouldn't believe how much of the time I hear that at parties..) Or even being cute, because that's usually associated with being small, but we're big 😕

Now that I've tried to explain a tall girls perspective to the best of my abilities, I hope you'll see why some girls who are tall feel the need to claim you and your tallness (if that's a word hehe) 😁

• Yeah I know there are memes for the opposite as well. These were just used to give a joking vibe while still talking about something seriously. And I do get it hurts to be rejected, but at the same time you can't lay claim to anyone just because you share similar traits. All the time I hear things like shorts girls steal our men or what not, but stealing implies that something belongs to you and last time I check I was own by no one. It's just I sick of the things quite a few girls say to either try to guilt or shame a guy into dating them.

Also as far as clothes and shoes go I've never had a problem.

• @performerwannabe omg you understand the struggle 😭😭😭

• Indeed I do! Being 1.73m is the reason why. :)

• I'm 5'10" and I have no issues with tall dudes dating shorter chicks. That's not my business. I only concern myself with who I'm dating, not anyone else.

• yess! i'm 5'1 and people assume i only can be with shorter guys. like who cares. just date whoever you want!

• I agree with you. I'm 5'7 and in America that's considered quite tall and when I say 'I would like it if a guy's at least 5'11' then people are a bit like "okay, I understand that. At least you're not a 5' girl demanding a 6'3 guy". And I'm like, but a 5' girl and a tall guy can go together as well. I just make my choice of options smaller because I want to, but that doesn't mean a girl of 5' must have the same amount of options or I should have the precedence to tall guys. No, those girls simply have more options and I'm fine with that.

• haha, I am 6'1 and I can tell you i love dating women that are 5'7 without heels because i can treat them just a little bit worse. I can expect them to cook and clean and still have sex because if they leave me the chances that they will find another tall man with a degree is slim

• damn it, you live in one of the VERY few places where they have the tallest people. In the u. s. I am considered tall and I am muscular too. Here women as tall as you have plenty of trouble dating when they wear heels. As a result assholes like me ask for more sex and for more cooking. I am so serious

• Average height for a male in America is 5'10, not 6 feet. While 6'1 is not super impressive, certainly not tall enough to think he can mistreat women because of it, it is 3 inches above average. Most likely he just doesn't have the courage to mistreat the shorter girls because he thinks being a little above average in height is a bigger deal than it really is.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 11

• Tall girls don't even go for tall guys for some odd reason. I can't remember the last time I saw a girl over 5'8" with a guy who was over 6'3". All the tall guys I see out are with short girls.

• You can say the same about short girls but you won't since they are easy

• you can understand why they think that way though, they kind of get the short end of the stick.

Tall girls usually aren't going to date short guys, the only real option they have is tall guys

Tall guys can date both short and tall girls

Short girls can date both short and tall guys.

So tall girls and short guys are the only ones who are really limited in their choice of partners.

• No one is forcing tall girls to exclusively date tall guys, you know.

• @maverickj

True, but i sympathize with them because I've tried to be with a girl taller than me, and even though i thought she was good looking, i just couldnt do it. I just could make myself be attracted to her.

• That's not necessarily true for everyone, I like it when girls are taller than I am.

• Here's my take: How about people date whoever the f they want?

• That's actually what my take is about.

• While I don't think anyone is entitled to any type of person I still do prefer women on the taller side (5'8-5'10). Short girls are very uncomfortable to be with especially when it comes to kissing and hugging for me.

• Even though I'm a six foot three inch guy who strongly prefers tall girls, I completely agree with everything you said.

It's like these women feel entitled or something. It reminds me when males say "I'm a skinny guy, so I deserve a skinny girl." Once again, it's this feeling of entitlement. Even though I do prefer tall women, I would date medium height and short girls too.

However, I don't know how many tall girls feel this way anymore. I've been rejected by many tall girls (yes, they were still shorter than me), and I've seen a handful of couples where the girl is TALLER than the guy.

• This is interesting and refreshing to read thank you for sharing it. People don't have to stick with their own kind they can date whatever they find attractive.

• No one is entitled to anything lol

• 6'2 guy that dates 5'2 - 5'10 checking in.

• I'm a 6'3 guy who would date a girl between 4'11-6'4 lol. Height barely means anything to me.

I do prefer tall girls though.

• Yes! I'm 6'6", and I get tired of people telling me that I should date a girl whose height is "more appropriate." To be honest, though, tall girls don't even seem that into tall guys. It's the short girls who really like tall guys, which is why you see so many of them dating skyscrapers.

People are attracted to who they're attracted to. There's no one out there telling average girls that they have to date average guys. People should be with whomsoever they choose. Personally, I've been most attracted to short girls, those around 5' tall. Don't know why, but that's who I like.

• wow you're tall

• Nah bro 5'9 brah checkin in dated 5'1-55 inch girls and even a 5'9. They all love the D the same and short girls want to be appropriate with society so they go for short-average dudes

• @BlastingZone Hey, whatever gets you through the night. Never met a girl who wanted to date a short guy.

• did you just compare race to height?