Open Your Eyes To Love

Open Your Eyes To Love

My love story began when I was eleven years old, though I didn't know it at that time. When I was eleven, I moved to an apartment with my mom, at that time my cousin introduced me to one of his friends, who happened to live by me.

I remember that I always played with my cousin and that boy he was always around playing with us. He even befriended some of my friends, at that time I didn't think anything of it, I didn't think anything of him. At that pointin time, his love was unrequited. After a while of me ignoring him, he got annoyed by me, so he started being mean to me.

He started making fun of me, teasing me, making fun of the guys I liked and telling me I was stupid. We would argue all the time, he would call me names and I would call him back the same thing. He threw water balloons at me, squirted water guns at me, etc... He would always be around and no matter what he was doing, I remember that he was always watching me and smiling. He was in love with me and I didn't realize it, I thought he hated me.

So, I did something awful when we were thirteen.

I started avoiding him, glaring at him. Even when we went to camp together, I pretty much made sure to stay away from him and made him feel awful. He tried to play with me over and over, he tried to talk to me, he tried everything, but in my head, I thought that he hated me and wanted to make me feel bad. So, one day, I got so fed up with him, I yelled bad things to him, I cussed him out in front of all his friends. And he was hurt, I saw his face, he didn't yell back or say anything bad, he just said he would tell my grandpa what I told him.

And even after all that, he still kept trying again, but after that, we were too far gone... I broke his heart.

Then I started going to Junior High and I met a boy, that boy became my first love.

In that time, I pretty much forgot about that boy and started focusing more and more on my first love. He was a rather mean boy, but I was in love with him for two years, I loved his sweet side, but hated his mean side. Even so, when I was fifteen, it all came crashing down, he broke my heart into a million pieces.

After him, I became guarded, I didn't want anyone. I became depressed and I haven't loved again, though I have dated a couple of guys after him. But I didn't feel anything for them, my heart was far too broken and I didn't want to get hurt again. I thought it was over, I wouldn't get another chance to love again.

But I was wrong...

I'm twenty two years old now and six months ago, I met that boy again, my cousins friend. And what do you know? I finally realized that he didn't hate me, at all. He loved me and you know what? I started having feelings for him and miraculously he still loves me even after such a long time has passed and after everything I did.

He's shy and he's scared, but we're working on it, though we're still not together. I know we will be soon, because I can feel it, his love for me is very strong and I think that... i'm falling for him. Finally, after all this time, i'm having my second chance at true love. I finally opened my eyes.

My point being with this take is that you should open your eyes and open your heart. Even if you get your heart broken at some point, don't give up on love, when you're ready, it will come to you.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around." -- James Taylor

Absolute intimacy comes when you stop all the pretending and worrying about what somebody else might think and you just let someone into your heart and your life.

Good luck! Please post an update for us a few months from now.

• a cute take.

the message is subpar, thats just me though lol.

• Did not read.

There's no such thing as love.

• Nice Take, I like it :D

• Tl;dr the closest I've ever come to loving someone has brought me the worst pain I've ever experienced in my entire life. In one day I went from content, pleasant, at peace, and in control (of my anger), to despondent, and finally to being full of the same old rage I always used to feel. After coming the closest I've ever been to sanity I feel the more insane than I'd ever been before. I feel especially disgusted with myself for allowing myself to become so vulnerable and empathetic and even compassionate when not too long before I'd begun to become completely indifferent to all around me. Now I feel nothing but hatred and despair, with my only solace being that I will soon become as cold and dead as I once was. I hope to never love again. Don't ever tell me how great love is, it truly is a horrible thing.

• Lol I never had a story of any kind

• so you dated again the million pieces guy? and it proved you broke your heart not him? women are crazy. yup.

• No... it's two completely different guys

• well u got what you derved. karma paid you due. you broke the guy's heart and the other stud got u heartbroken.

but to be honest - the way you present it at least - he seemed like a little bitch. so he might had it coming.

• Yes, well the second guy was in love with me, just like I was. We just weren't meant to be... But yeah, it was probably karma reminding me of what I did. Though, in my defense, I didn't know the first guy was in love with me, I thought he hated me and I didn't know why.

We were twelve when he was mean and teased me. He tried to be nice to me at first, but I ignored him, because I only thought of him as my cousins friend, nothing more. He wanted attention, and that's how he got it. I don't blame him now, I think it's cute. XD

• Almost made me teary. Also made me hopeful. I hope mine will have happy end like this :')

• No success, love seems like a theory to me 😥

• Spread your ass to love

• Glad to know good things are happening with you! That's cool.

The thing is... we, people, tend to need to suffer a little, to, after that, apreciate more any piece of hapiness that we get. Your present love would not be that strong if you didn't have that bad period. It works like a roller coaster, you get full speed when you go really down, and after that you go up up up.

I have to confess i was also a little annoying to a girl i add a crush when i was 12, xD, weird things we do to get attention, but nothing really mean.

• I think I gave up on that idea and concept of "love" a long time ago when I realized everything ultimately ends in tragedy.

If it was up to me I rather clear and wipe all and any feelings and emotions from my memory and myself. Would rather just be unfeeling and completely logical instead.

Now it's just more and more emptiness that I became aware of as the longer I remain here in this world and reality. Starting to get used to it slowly so I don't have anything to really despair about any more.

From the emptiness I think I've become used to being cold and not caring about anyone or anything more than I really ever need to.

• sorry hun don't trust women

• Beautiful.😍

What Girls Said 4

• OMGGG ❤️😭

• Ok ill put it in practice

• That sounds nice.

• Wow that sound like a YA romance novel the annoying misunderstands included. I hope it works out for you guys and you get a HEA.