Char's Top 5 First Date Tips

Char's Top 5 First Date Tips

Disclaimer: I've never actually been on a first date, but I feel like most of these tips are common sense.

Tip 1: Come prepared to split the bill!

We've all seen the endless debates on whether or not a guy should have to pay on the first date. I think that splitting the bill is the best scenario. You can even go as far as saying you're paying for each other. I think that's a cute idea.

Tip 2: Be clear on details beforehand.

Make sure you're both aware and comfortable with the location/activity. Be familiar with dress codes and all so that you don't come over or under dressed. Don't agree to something you aren't 100% doing. Save the whole "stepping out of your comfort zone" thing for later dates.

Tip 3: Be on time.

I understand that things come up, but showing up late on a first date just isn't a good look. Plan your time accordingly. Give yourself enough room for error.

Tip 4: Be yourself!

This is the simplest one, yet most people fail at it. Don't go into the date thinking that you have to a picture of perfection. You don't. You run into issues when you try to put on a front. Why? Because most times you can't keep it up. Go into the date with confidence in who you are. Your personality will speak for itself.

Tip 5: Go with the flow.

I see a lot of questions about kissing, holding hands, and being affectionate in general on the first date. My answer is always the same, PAY ATTENTION TO THE VIBES! They're always there. If it feels right, go for it!

At the end of the day, there really is no right or wrong way to do a first date. Don't overthink and be yourself. As always, stay classy GaGers. See you guys on the threads! ✌ ❤ 😎

#CHARismaticOut

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• Ok, got it. Now to find someone xD

• So basically, you talk the talk but haven't walked the walk. Roger.

• Some really useful tips and at the right time as well.

• Good advice.

I've been on dozens and the most successful ones are when I go in not having any expectations other than just trying to have fun. That helps me stay confident and act like myself. And when I'm like that, my date also feels relaxed and it's much easier to make a move if it feels right

• Sounds like good advice just the date is missing.

• OK let's go.

• These are all sensible tips. So why haven't you been on a first date?

• Thank you. And I don't know, I guess because I haven't been in a relationship since I was younger?

• First dates are not predicated on being in a relationship. You are attractive and grounded so this surprises me. And by the way, I would offer to be your valentine but my girlfriend is exceedingly jealous. She would not approve. I'm sure you could so much better anyway with someone tou alteady know.

• Well thank you lol.

What Girls Said 2