Why Hot Girls Date Ugly Guys

Why Hot Girls Date Ugly Guys

I stumbled upon a question on the site recently about why hot guys date ugly girls, so in response, I wanted to switch the context and write about why hot girls date ugly guys. Though this topic is extremely superficial, I’d be lying if I said a guy’s looks didn’t factor into my dating life.

It would be vain to refer to myself as a “hot girl”, but I do pride myself on the way I present myself. I frequent the gym to stay in shape, I put in the extra effort to perfect my beauty routine, and I dress in styles that best flatter my figure. I think one of the major qualities that factor into the “hot” category is personal maintenance. A naturally beautiful girl who eats fast food all day, wears a sweatsuit, and no makeup will definitely be outshined by the average beauty who puts the time and effort into her appearance for a night out. Beauty is one thing, but “hot” is another.

I won’t lie, I am skeptical of the couples I see that simply don’t match. Whenever I see a beautiful girl with a frumpy-looking guy, my mind starts racing about how he ended up with HER. The older I get, the more often I jump to the conclusion: she’s only with him for his money. How shallow is it to think an unattractive guy only could snag a beauty based on his financial state, but then again, society is one of the biggest contributors to this theory - Hello, Hugh Hefner.

Maybe it’s money, maybe he’s well-endowed - but maybe the real reason isn’t as shallow as you’d think.

Just as some guys tend to prefer the “chill girl” over the “high-maintenance” girl, girls often have their same reasonings. It would be narrow-minded to assume that all hot guys are the same, but from my dating experience, I’ve learned good looks really aren’t the deciding factor. I’ve discovered the two main worries girls have when dating the “hot guy”:

Why Girls Avoid The Hot Guy:

They Must Be A Player

In the same sense that guys are intimidated by the hot girl, we are intimated by the hot guy. With incredible looks, we often jump to the conclusion that he’s a player and bound to break our heart. With every girl in the room drooling over our man, we worry he will eventually give into temptation - or the jealousy and worrying will drive us mad.

They Are High-Maintenance

As females, we put enough pressure on ourselves to look good. As much as we love a great six-pack on a guy, feeling like our body isn’t as tight as his or our appearance isn’t as perfect as his can make us feel insecure. Sometimes a nice little stomach roll can really make us feel at home. Just saying.

Guys often consider a “hot girl” to be conceited or a shallow, but really as females, we just enjoy taking care of ourselves. Fashion is fun, beauty is rewarding, and keeping our bodies in shape makes us feel healthy and beautiful. Appearance isn’t everything, but your personal characteristics and traits are. As lovely as an attractive man is to look at, these are the main traits girls look for in relationships:

What Girls Look For:

Trust

We’ve been hurt. We’ve been cheated on. We’ve dealt with the painful feeling of betrayal and heartbreak. Finding a boyfriend that we can trust to respect our feelings and emotions is the most important.

Personality

We want a guy to make us laugh, to know what to say to brighten our day, and to simply click with us. Sharing the same interests and easy conversations go a lot further than toned arms.

Drive

No, I am not referring to financial success, but a guy that is determined, motivated, and successful is incredibly admirable. He constantly inspire us to be our best self and we love supporting him along the way.

So whether or not you have the genetic makeup of Brad Pitt, when it comes to landing your dream girl, looks aren’t the final factor. Hot girls date ugly guys - and it’s not as shallow as you think.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 48

• lol, these are movies. i actually think in the coming years we're going to see girls become more superficial and men less so...

• I see ugly guys with hot girls all the time.

However, "hot" and "ugly" are subjective.

• @Rufus335 How are your experiences any more 'hard evidence' than mine, when you are unable to see, to recognize, the societal influence and bias in your own argument. You only see the words 'shave legs' and 'society's influence' and focus only on that, not my opinion as a whole. Your answers have illuminated the ignorance and the inability to comprehend my assertions and analysis.
      How can you not understand that you jumping to the cliche conclusion that I am 'overweight' and had 'no date to the prom' are completely biased and overflowing with negative tropes. Because the only way that I can have this opinion is if I'm overweight and bitter? That's what you're insinuating.
      And even the observation that I would 'have' to ask someone to the prom is based on obsolete tropes. I wouldn't have 'had' to ask anyone. Your sentence right there is a perfect example of gender suppositions.
      Get over myself? I'm logically analyzing this; you're throwing around cliches. Open your eyes.

• @GlibSluice yes i am coming to the subjective conclusion you are fat and ugly. by the way you brought up the "shave legs" and "societys influence" i only said you dont have to do that or let that influence you. you have come to the conclusion that i am biased for absolutely no reason. i made rational arguments with evidence you made none. you made claims and did not back any with a situation or experience. you portrayed nothing. my eyes are open. i love my life and came into this discussion with only a point of view and you called me out for no other reason than to back the female gender and put down men. i only defended myself and gender. you are bitter. seriously look back you started this shit

• i love how in that ad where the hot girl kisses the fugly guy, you can see she's about to barf.

• No, I think @ConsultantIsBlack put it best. He actually said it better than I was gonna say it.

• Many Hot guys have the desirable traits you described. I think the case is actually average girls end up with average guys.

• Go to Silicon Valley all the smoking hot chicks are marrying ugly nerds.

• well software engineers there probably make six figures so of course they are with hot women.

• Ha I live in Silicon Valley and they women you're talking about are really boring and lame.

• All those guys you showed weren't ugly though. The only time I've seen a hot girl with an ugly guy is when he had money and by that I mean he doesn't have to be rich, just make a significantly more amount of money than she does. The only other chance you have is if she way more into bodies and you have a nice body, but an ugly face. Of course a hot guy with a shitty personality is bad too and that will drive women away too, but most women would still at the very least use him for sex.

• So an attractive guy can't be trusting, have a great personality, and be ambitious? Why is a hot guy always portrayed as a player? Are all hot girls sluts? No. So not all hot guys are players.

You girls don't know what you may be missing when you just assume that because he's hot, he's a player.

I get the point of your Take, but you really think if she didn't stereotype the hot guy as a player, if he had the traits of that ugly dude she's dating, she won't go for the hot guy? Of course every girl will choose a hot guy with a good personality over an ugly guy with a good personality. The reason they chose the ugly guy is either because she stupidly assume all hot guys are players, or because she's lazy and just settled down with the first guy that treated her nicely.

And this same thing applies to guys, I directed it to girls cause that's who the "hot" person was in this Take.
    And to clarify again, I don't think this is a bad Take.

• the hot girl knows how fucked up she's conditioned to be so she knows how the hot guy is fucked

pieces of the same puzzle. use to being chased and used to havin the last say and use to take take taking.

she wants security thats why and hot guys have options. more likely to flake these attractiv animals

• I'm calling BS. This is classic "I've been hurt by too many bad boys so I'm going to find a nice guy that will treat me like a princess".

You're not going after the nice guy because you like him. You're going after the nice guy because you're used up and have issues.

• I think it is really sad how many guys are being so. bitter here... No wonder you don't get 'hot girls'!

I work in bridal registry, so I work with newly engaged couples all the time- usually in their mid to late 20s. I can not count how many times I saw mismatched attractiveness in couples! It happens way more often than you think, and in both directions ie. sometimes it is the hot guy with the average girl.

I think a lot of the guys on here are being so bitter because they are both ugly inside AND out, and immature for it. I know of at least two of my close female friends who I would consider very beautiful/her asked out on almost a weekly basis. But they hate the guys who do ask them out! They tend to be superficial and rude. Both are currently dating someone I would consider below them in looks, and neither are rich!

Basically what I am trying to say is that confidence, humor and being a decent person can override looks way more than you think!

• I have no drive anymore. like there's no motivation what's the point I'm already like this so no changing it imma still gonna go to school to survive

• Well the way I see it is that good, it's good that all the good looking dudes will not take all the ladie folk.. good

• Lol, that happens only in the movies... but cute Take anyway...

• to be honest i have seen a lot of people who do that and some times its out of love and some times its out of greed. thats right some ugly guys may have a lot of money and thats all the hot girl would want from them.

• people date people because people can be sweet, kind, sexy in other ways. looks fade. personality stays.

• I get turned down before I get a chance to talk.

• I think girls often hookup and have their most rxciting memories with the hot guys but they settle down with the less attractive guys because they are safer and more reliable. Also the hot guy didn't want to committ to her. They grow tired of being cheated on or used by the hot guys and settle for an average guy when its time to buy a house and raise a family.

• Haha.. Ladies.. You just thought about how many ugly guys you’ve seen in your life eh. The truth is those ones were simply not your type, most of those guys didn’t get half a second of your gaze. Well, well, I must say that those are just your preferences, all you can do is not see yourselves with them. Do you know how many other ladies are dying to see themselves with them? Think about it, men are the treasure! Getting a hang of it yet? Ever walked past a very beautiful woman, and when you see her husband or boyfriend you ask “What in heaven’s name are they doing together?” Yep, that has happened to me too as well. You just can’t seem to understand how beautiful ladies end up with some guy that you don’t think is worth it.

• Hi I'm anon, I have an ordinary life. I get up go to work, come home watch tv until bed 5 days a week, and on weekends i do household things. G@G women that are decent are a rare find, so it's an exhausting effort, nobody meets me in the middle

• "Why Hot Girls Date Ugly Guys"

Because they know how to treat a lady and have an awesome tongue game.

• $$$ Money $$$ is the only reason.

• More from Guys
    28

What Girls Said 23

• Whenever there's an attractive, fit guy, my mum says "he'll love himself more than he'll love you" or "he loves the gym more". Hot guys usually expect girls to flock to them and don't make any effort so yeah, I don't bother too much with them.

• It isn't because they're ugly. It is because some girls look with the heart, not the eyes.

• Well, there have to be some hot guys out there who have a great personality and aren't players!

• It's hilarious how guys think they know girls better than we know ourselves...
    I agree with your MyTake! =)

• Holding out for someone great looking to notice your loyalty and inner strength is a terrible dating strategy for either sex. Especially if it means it gives you hope to do little to stay fit and well groomed.

Even if you do land an unexpected catch, you'll destroy your own sex life by not putting effort into staying sexy. It doesn't mean you have to be perfect, but being vastly overweight, out of shape or sloppy in appearance will kill your own libido as much as your partners.

• great take! its all so true. i mean we all have different types but honestly, when i see a guy who is too into fashion and too into working out, im automatically just like no. dont want a guy who's obsessed with himself and will expect me to obsess over him as well. just not happening.

• Cuz all the good looking guys know they are hot and act like douchebags usually.

• To each his own. I date whom I find attractive. However both looks and personality affect your attractiveness. I say looks are 50% and personality is 50%. Honestly if a guy looks like Channing Tatum he's going to have an advantage over the average joe. However an average guy with a good personality will still be more attractive to me then a super hot douchebag.
    Both men and women have shallow tendencies but that's okay

• I feel like everyone on here is a little bitter: sometimes a hot girl just wants to be with a guy, no matter his looks. Sometimes they might not have set out to be romantically attracted to each other but when they get talking to each other and they become closer they realise that they don't care about each other's looks. That's what happened with my friend. She was 9-10 and after her grandma died she became friends with a guy who was a solid five. When she first started talking to him she said she'd never date him because his ugly... Or she said something like that. But now they've been together for a year and a half. Honestly you guys over think this, sometimes it just happens.

• аgree with the opinion that the concept of sexuality and the ugliness of the subjective firecams. com Here is a website where you can build your destiny, find a partner

• lol, this is true. Its not necessarily the best decision for women to make anyways since so many women report not being physically attracted to their spouse and the sex stops , communication.. etc I think women need to look for physical attraction including all these traits. May be rare but its worth looking for.

• Because ugly guys are known to be more loyal than the pretty boys.

• This MyTake is crap. Most truly hot girls don't REALIZE they're hot. Most of the girls you see strutting around acting like they're too good for anyone are, in fact, average, if not below average, in both looks and personality. Many of the prettiest girls I know are unaware of their beauty and go for average looking guys.

The only people who are unafraid of dating a super attractive person are CONFIDENT and SECURE people. Not every conventionally attractive person is confident and secure (in fact, many aren't). When you see an average or below average looking person with someone super attractive, 9 times out of 10 that person is aware enough of their own worth to realize that just because someone is better looking than you, doesn't make them BETTER than you, nor is the better looking person in a relationship some prize or trophy or whatever.

Of course, you do have the average/below average looking people who can't believe such an attractive person gave them a chance, are constantly afraid of losing such a "prize", and thus would do anything to keep them. That's just sad.

But either way, you're clearly just projecting your own personal issues into this MyTake and trying to pass it off as generally applicable to women as a whole. That was easy to see just from your paragraph about "women" (a. k. a. you) being hurt and cheated on and basically chock-full of daddy issues that makes "us" (a. k. a. you) run into the arms of a "trustworthy" ugly guy (who, by the way, is just as likely to be a piece of crap as a hot guy).

• even ugly girl don't date ugly guy

• I don't think that all girls would have the same reasons - I believe there are a lot of mean girls who would do this only for the money, but if I was hot/perfect I can only date an ugly guy because of his attitude. For me the attitude is very important in a guy.

• Looks aren't important, and besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To mee humour in a man is attractive as is intelligence. As long as the man is kind, honest and that we a lot in common then looks aren't high on my list.

• I don't think I'm hot, but I've dated people that my friends thought were.. not so cute compared to me. And the things you listed still applied.

Hot young guys are often conceited and have high expectations.

I'd rather have someone who is driven, trustworthy, and likes me for who I am even if it means he isn't a 'hot' guy.

• Why does it matter?
    Are you a jealous ugly girl?

• Its several reasons not all of them are noble either. Sure pretty girls might date an uglier guy for great personality or moral values. Some pretty girls are shallow some are not. It really depends.
    Some pretty girls will actually date an ugly guy to have a sort of personal worshipper. Hot guys wouldn't give nearly as much praise to the beautiful girl than the ugly guy would because hot guys are gorgeous too and probably just as vain as the pretty girl. The chances are that the uglier you are the more you'll worship your good-looking partner. Sorry but that's what it is.
    The ugly guy will appreciate her more and are much more likely to be loyal because they'll probably never get someone as good as her. The pretty girl is probably tired of being treated like a disposable by hotter guys so they seek out guys they're sure will cherish them.

• Some girls do it because they think they will be treated like gods because of their beauty. Sometimes it's just about power... "if someone like HIM gets the chance to date someone like ME, he will be doing everything I say not to lose me". Sad but true.

• Yep pretty much

• There are guys who are very insecure and value beauty a lot... smart and confident guys will dump this kind of girls in an heartbeat and find someone who respects them

• But there are also guys that put with 'unattractive' girls, just because these girls got some good attention from the guy. Yes, the guy may be unattractive, but sure he may have some good self-respect and self dignity, moreover, he may also be someone at a high position, but it seems so foolish to like someone on the basis of how they look, because it all fades away with time, and you're left with nothing but to get a divorce.

• More from Girls
    3