You Shouldn't Judge By Looks

You shouldn't judge by looks.

People who ONLY and ALWAYS judge people by their physical appearance are like a five out of water. HOPELESS.

There is a wide spread problem within today's society. Judging. And not just any judging by looks.

There is a proverb that says "Like a gold ring in the snout of a pig is a beautiful woman who rejects good sense." The meaning? Just because it looks beautiful doesn't mean you should go for it.

Today both men and women are looking for someone who has good looks. And most of the time it becomes fruitless. They think looks are all. Now there are some decent people who don't judge by looks. I commend them.

I know when we fall in love we want someone beautiful or handsome but most of the time that's the first thing we looks for in a person. Rather than looking for looks look for someone with a great personality, someone who listens and loves who you are. If that person is good looking its a added bonus.

In most situations looks will deceive you. "Oh she beautiful and sexy with the most hottest eyes ever!" If that's what you think it could end to heart break. If you got married she could be spoiled and expects you to do everything.

"Man he is so tall and strong. And he's has abs!" He could be a abusive person who could hit you every five minutes.

Now I am not saying someone with looks are bad people. No! I am just saying you shouldn't judge by looks because what you see isn't always what you get.

That's attraction not real love if you judge by looks. Remember attraction is what you see, infatuation is how you feel and love is what you know.

If you find someone that looks great get to know them before you jump into anything. And if you think "But everyone attractive isn't what I expected and I can't find someone if I keep acting this way." Well break the bubble look for others who are less attractive.

Talk to them and start off as friends and if you like them take the next step. Or instead of looking let someone find you. I know it's hard to be alone and that's why people who rush into marriages don't get their happy ending.

It can be hard to be alone with no one to call your own. I feel that way. But I know that when the right time comes and I am ready to hold a marriage love will find its way.

That's it for this myTake. These may become a regular thing with me. For my next one I will talk about why Pornography, masturbation, and sex before marriage is bad for everyone.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• If you judge books by their covers, you may pick up a really shitty book instead of an amazing one.

• I love this. Physical attraction is important, but when you get to know someone better sometimes that attraction will just naturally grow.

• very true, good mytake :P i especially liked the goldfish picture xD

• I do agree with your point that yes, we shouldn't judge people by their looks but realistically, we all do it knowingly, or unknowingly. It's not a bad thing necessarily, it's just part of human nature to get an impression of someone based on how they present themselves. When you first meet somebody, there has to be some kind of attraction, you have to feel compelled by them in some way; because when you do, you'll start to converse with that person. The more you converse with them, you'll start to feel even more attraction to them.

In my case however, the guy I really like right now, I didn't really notice his appearance when I met him, other than the fact was that he's Asian. I just talked to him in class, and the more we talked, the more I began to notice his appearance, which made me like him more. I say that because, not only was he an insanely smart & super chill guy, not to mention a total sweetheart, but he was physically attractive.

• People seek out good looks subconsciously to try create good looking children or "strengthen" their genes

For companionship its people look at personality.

What Guys Said 8

• looks are only skin deep

• yeah thats cool and everything but i ain't dating/sharing my life with somebody who i think is ugly

• Brace yourself, this is gonna get long!

Okay, it is only natural to observe the world around us and make judgement calls. All animals use their senses (I'm focusing on eyes) as a mean of exploring the world around us and detecting danger. We are no different, and when we look at someone, we immediately (either you admit it or not it's true) make a judgement call, and use the conditions and the outcome of that judgement to influence the next judgements. That is how intelligence is defined: use previous knowledge to derive or infer new one on situations that share some similarity.
    Imagine I'm coming out of a baseball match and I see a woman on the street with a baseball bat, I probably think to myself: "she's a fan of the game". Now I'm in the neighbourhood and see another woman with a bat, I'll think "she's a fan". But then, she smacks someone on the head and steals their wallet. I'll use this new information to define that as a situation that I don't want to be near in the future.

Extreme example I know, but when we see something, we always make judgements based on previous experiences. If I see someone dressed like a cop, I'm gonna think she's a cop. If I see someone dressed as a firefighter I'm gonna think she's a firefigher, If I see someone dressed as a man, I'm gonna think it's a man, If I see someone dressed as a hooker, I'm gonna think she's a hooker. (Also replace "dressed as" by "acting as")
    Escalated quickly? Yeah maybe, but the point is that it doesn't matter what you are! What matters is how you are perceived by others. Because it is that perception that will determine how they act towards you. Of course you can change someone's perception about you, but it is a bit difficult sometimes.

And if you tell me that it doesn't matter what others think, Then I tell you that you are wrong. We live in a society and it's inherent for any animal to compare theirselves with one another. That is how we know where we stand. How we know our value. You can't be valued if you have nobody to compare with. You can't be the worst if there isn't a best, you can't be the best if there isn't a worst, and since we all know that there is a best and a worst, then we define the average, but even there, it's a never ending scale.
    So, so summarise, looks matter, and they should. When I say looks, I also mean every visual aspect that we are able to observe. The way to dress, talk, walk, and
    general behaviour

I just hope you did indeed read it all *sighs*

• The more uglier someone is, the nicer their personality is, because their dating pool is smaller.

• It's in our nature to judge by looks. All animals do it. Looks are what attract us to somebody physically. Of course when it. comes to a relationship looks aren't the only thing you should consider as personality and common interests/values are very important for the relationship to work, but you shouldn't try to ignore it either. I've tried getting with a girl who I didn't find that attractive but had a really great personality, it didn't end well.

• Problem today is people are looking for someone they can show off to their friends and family than a person they are happy with.

So girls and guys go for pretty/rich people who they can parade around to their friends. Meanwhile this person could have a shitty personality.

• Whereas I am the first to agree that a person's appearance should not be a guide to judging his/her character, I believe physical attraction is of great importance to a relationship. Two people who aren't physically attracted to one another is a recipe for a sad and disastrous relationship.

• The appear is so important for someone who want to be good in inside
    For example... look at a fruit like Apple or orange
    How do u judge the taste of them?
    By their appear
    It's not 100% the same
    But I think the good appear makes people's inside a better person