Why You Should Date an "Alternative" Woman

Often when men look at me, they immediately misjudge me. Even in an age where more and more people are choosing to get tattoos, I occasionally still hear things like "Women with tattoos are easy", or "Tattoos really ruin a woman's beauty". I've come to realize that people who are so small-minded like this are not the ones I want to be associated with.

In this post I want to give you a bit of insight on "alternative" women, and why such women are actually worth knowing.

In my next MyTake, I would like to delve into some common misconceptions that people have about alternative women.

Why You should Date an

So, what exactly is an Alternative Woman?

For those of you who aren't completely sure what I mean by "Alternative", I'll explain a little;

We are the minority in the female population. Sure, we have our own strong community, but it's fewer and farther between. We often fall under the labels of "goth", "punk", "geek", "weird". We have unconventional interests and wear fashion styles that don't fall in with popular trends. (For instance, I have a large variety of music that I listen to, I enjoy comic books, video games, gothic literature, horror movies, traveling, nature, palmistry and tarot, and esoteric philosophies)

It's easy to misjudge someone, and we all do it from time to time, but what makes the difference is actually opening your mind enough to accept and appreciate those unique qualities that everyone has.

Why does an alternative woman make an amazing friend/lover?

We are good to have in your life because, if you let us, we will open your eyes.

Maybe you will gain an entirely new and positive perspective on life, and the world will suddenly become your oyster.

For many of us who are "different", we find that working a 9-5 job just isn't fulfilling. Sure, at the end of the pay period, we have some money in our pockets, but that's not what brings us a fulfilling life.

So we search for more.

I like to think of myself as self-sufficient.

I have my own Etsy shop, with a supply of my homemade jewelry and decorations up for sale. I also use my knowledge of cosmetology, and my love for palmistry and tarot reading to provide myself with extra income.

So, I get to do what I'm passionate about whilst being able to pay my debts.

The reason why this can be beneficial to you, is because it can really ignite a flame in your heart. You may discover new passions and interests, which could lead to brand new opportunities that you didn't even know existed!

You will never get bored, because in the eyes of an alternative woman, the world is filled with beauty, and the universe is just teeming with new experiences and places to see. A passion and zest for life often carry over to personal relationships, making for a more intimate, loving, and exciting time (and can really zest your sexy time, too...wink wink)

She is empathetic. Many women who express themselves in a unique way have been put through the ringer, so we understand what it's like to be judged, ostracized and unfairly treated. Therefore we have more sympathy and we are more likely to accept others exactly for who they are.

She can often carry deeper and more meaningful conversation, because alternative women see the world differently, most of us have a completely different mind than the more conventional women. We analyze things, we enjoy learning and taking in all kinds of information, and we like to culture ourselves. So we will be more likely to converse about the topics that many refuse to talk or even think about.

She doesn't give a damn what others think! Confidence is sexy after all, right?

A woman who loves herself and embraces her individuality has more fun!

This is my first MyTake, so I apologize if it's not exactly eloquent, but I tried!

So, post your comments below. What do you think of "alternative" women? Did this article change your view at all? Share your experiences and opinions!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 51

• "I occasionally still hear things like 'Women with tattoos are easy,' or 'Tattoos really ruin a woman's beauty.' I've come to realize that people who are so small-minded like this. . .." Whether people think tattoos are an enhancement or the ruin of female beauty is a matter of opinion; you cannot prove that they are wrong any more than they can prove that you are wrong. So, when you call the opponents of female tattoos "small minded," you are actually being small minded. . . aren't you?

• I'm gonna go ahead and say 'Why don't you let men date whoever the hell they want?'

• sure, I don't mind a bit of alternative as long as you don't over do it with all the thousands of piercings in your face, shaved head and giant holes in your ear stuff.

this kind of thing can be very appealing:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...19eb31cb04.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...83ce8ab92a.jpg

data.whicdn.com/images/147798789/superthumb.jpg

thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...tle-beer-38124725.jpg

favim.com/.../...y-tatoo-women-Favim.com-68945.jpg

• Not I. I am more into more traditional-like feminine women, women that are "edgy" don't entice me at all.

• Well, I for one like tattoos and such, so if a woman has them, hey, no blood out of my heart. In fact, her tattoos may give me inspiration for mine. Maybe. Depends what tattoos she has and where.

As far as the rest of it goes, well, that's personal preference, no? If she happens to look good all pierced up and tattooed and what have you and she's comfortable looking like that in public, then she's free to do so and the guys who are interested, myself included, will come when they will. Likewise, those women who prefer the more traditional concept of feminine beauty, to which I am also attracted, they'll have men who are interested show it, too.

• I just bum f*ck them after concerts.

• Well, the article did not really change my view because I already wanted someone like that! I'm honestly only interested in people who do their own thing and don't just try to fit into society and play the social status game.

• i think alternative women have a hard time cuz there's not many alternative guys. im just not attracted to your look. i would really like an alt girl cuz my life is an office cubicle and boring. i have dreams i wish i could go for but i just can't with my lifestyle. so a woman with interesting hobbies would bring some more fun like you said. i dont meet many due to my career and hobbies but it doesn't mean we wouldn't make a great couple.

• I like traditional roles, not looking to feel like "she has tattoos so I have to be Mr. Edgy cool guy." Might not be the case but I'll always feel it. Can't we just get a pizza and play wii?

• Frankly, because the "alternative" women would not have given me the time of day back then in those days. In and of itself, her gothy-ness or punky-ness was not a turn off, quite the contrary.

• lol this is all one huge red flag. Reminds me of women who call themselves "strong and independent" (run the fuck away fellas)

• I'd love to, but usually the girls I'm attracted to (goth, metal, or rockabilly girls) think I'm a bit too boring or normal looking. But yeah, "alternative" women are the most attractive by far.

• I'm attracted to tattoos. Uniqueness is sexy

• Alternative women? Like a fleshlight?

• yeah sure, don't see why not.

• How about...

FUCK DATING

• I would date a chick like this but I never see them.
    The ones I do are already with their boyfriends. And after all, looks aren't everything so it depends on the person.
    If interests play a role here, comic books, video games, gothic literature, horror movies, traveling, nature, palmistry and tarot, and esoteric philosophies... all this stuff I actually enjoy even tho everyone doesn't.

• Frankly, this post boils down to the standard, "I'm better than those other bitches. You should pick me" lol.

• i actually really love punk girls. what can i say? they're awesome :3

• First off, "alternative" has passed the point of meaning anything. You can buy alternative at Kohl's or Macy's now. Maybe it meant something twenty years ago, but these days every girl who wants to flip the bird to her parents wears black, gets tattoos/piercings, puts on makeup like it's another face, and wears dark clothes. Hell, half of the chicks in my graduating class look like that. Today, you just look like another generic copy.

Second, most girls I've known like that - whether they were actually alternative or just the way I described above - tend to have some problems. Either they have sanitary issues/never shower, aren't all there mentally, are extremely corpulent, sleep around more than bedbugs, or some combination of those.

I don't have any issues if someone wants to dress differently from the norm - I look pretty different myself. But in most cases, it's not attractive to me, for the reasons stated above. People who try too hard to identify by labels aren't the kind I want anything to do with.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 19

• *high five* Yes, punks make pretty good boyfriends and girlfriends

• You're a real cutie pie... =)
    Anyone who doesn't want to be with you because of your tattoos is just stupid. But hey, there will always be stupid people out there. Good thing about this - you can avoid at least some of those people - repel them with your alternativeness! xD

• ... I'll date her

What's your number, girl? Where you from? Lemme get dem digits lol

• I'm not joking about her being a girl I'd date, but I don't talk like that so it was worthy of a lol to me

• Your imprinted

• I don't see a problem with guys not liking alternative women since its their preference, but they do get generalized a lot. I'm not alternative but I can kinda relate since when people find out that I like Edgar Allan poe or dark art, they usually resort to calling me crazy or weird. Its still a bit annoying even if they do it in a teasing way.

• same here, but not with tattoos, but with piercing... I have one in my belly... sometimes i hear not pleasant things about it, like "if u put away that metal from ur body" or "girls with belly piercing crave for attention and easy"
    I never even answer anything to that, bcoz its people with close minds.
    My boyfriend have no problem with it and he even likes it

• I really needed to read this!!
    This is exactly me and after moving states a year ago I've had trouble meeting 'alternative' women like myself, recently i've been feeling lonely and like I needed to change who I am in order to fit in and make friends.
    This helped me remember who i am and that I dont need to change for anyone so thankyou! :)

• I think the girl in the pic is good looking so why not? Everything sounds fine.

• Let's like hang out and drink wine together or something because you just described all the things I like to do.

• I really like this mytake. I'm not really what people would consider alternative, but I definitely feel I fit into the weird category. My interests are all over the board and I have been told by people that I am in fact weird and it does put off some people.

I buy my home decore at Halloween and I love wearing costume pieces as regular outfits.

I know many alternative people and I truly believe that people need to be more open-minded. Alternative folks often get a bad rap in society, they are looked down upon, criticized and misunderstood. I find it quite shocking with how popular piercings and tattoos have become that there are people who still associate tattoos and piercings with criminal behaviour or feel they completely ruin a womans look.

• You just look like a normal person.

• oh yea nice take.
    I see you peeps as a bit artsy, free spirits, gypsies...
    I like those type of people for all the reasons you mentioned.
    I like people who express themselves, who are always wondered by the world... so fun to be around with and definitely open you up to new stuff.
    so yea keep it up ^^

• Although I guess I might be considered "alternative " I still see this my take kinda like *hair flip* " I'm not like OTHER women."

There's no reason why a girl who is conventionally girly or "average" can't have these qualities.

• I think you are really pretty and I also think that others fear free-spirited people. After they get to know them, they can't help but love them♡

• I'm not alternative. I honestly don't know what "style" I have but you sound like me, minus the palm reading and tarot reading.

• I think I am the alternative woman personality... except I look EXACTLY like the "typical girly girl" type... Which is really opposite.
    When guys (or people in general) meet me, I am usually nice, sweet, polite. I look very well groomed, hair made, beautifully dressed (typical lady-like look that guys are attracted to). Then they get to know me and are totally surprised that I am totally not what they expected, yes I am polite and sweet... However, I am bold, independent, I curse, I play poker, I can drink, I am full of passion, empathetic, hard working and nothing like the "soft little flower that I look like"...
    Yet again, when someone REALLY gets to know me, they do see that I am a little flower. haha so it's very contradictory my personality, which is cool... because it is perhaps all these different facets of my personality that attract so many different kinds of people. I think alternative chicks are cool... I like girls who are just down to earth, but there is no need to look like a devil god in my opinion, but sometimes I wonder if that is more of a statement or just part of the "trend" of not fitting in.
    Maybe if i wasn't considered attractive or had a very nice personality, I would look the alternative part... I don't know.. But cool MyTake!
    I like :-)

• to not fit in*** (sorry, not "of not fitting in").
      I think the word I was looking for is unconventional... I am very unconventional, but I look like the most typical conventional/traditional type of girls.

• People (both women and men) like what they like. Period. Sure you have the minority of people with ridiculously specific specifications as to what they're attracted to, but in general a person just FEELS attraction. People may tell you what they're GENERALLY attracted to, but as humans we typically can recognize beauty PERIOD, in all its various forms. We also recognize what we PERSONALLY don't consider appealing or attractive, which is another instinct that can't be taken away.

So basically, a guy is either going to be attracted to you or not. His personality and interests are either going to mesh with yours or not. There's no need for Takes trying to convince guys otherwise. Trust me, you WILL find quite a few guys who dig your look---just don't go trying to convert the ones who don't. It's a waste of time.

• You sound awesome!

• This could apply to any woman. I dont label myself according to my interests. I can like trendy girly things and still like other crap.

A person will date someone because they like them as a person rather than what they assume is where they fit on the social scale.

• You go girl! I'm the same and love the way I am. Awesome take!