10 Signs He's A Player

I believe it’s safe to say, that a many of us have encountered one or more players in our past. If you haven’t had the “pleasure” of meeting one yet or think you’re talking to one. Here are a few signs to keep you aware that he’s probably playing you and other girls. This could save you from a broken heart and several nights of crying yourself to sleep.

1. He’s calling or texting after 11 and 12 pm

There are 24 hours in a day, if he really liked you he could have chosen a better time just to say hi. After 11pm are the usual “booty call” hours, which means he just wants to sleep with you. You might think it’s cute, he was thinking about me, how sweet of him. Well not really, because you probably aren’t the only one he’s texting or calling at that time.

2. He has way too many girls that are friends

If he has more girls that are friends then guys we have a problem. Typical players like getting around, talking to more than one female at a time. If a lot of girls know who he is, chances are that he’s received the title of being a player by now. Which is a huge red flag, stay away from him!
"He’s a smooth talker, knows what to say when you’re mad, upset, or down."

3. He knows exactly what to say

In other words he’s a smooth talker, knows what to say when you’re mad, upset, or down. He’ll make you feel special that you’ll believe his words and you will trust he’s a “nice guy”. By this time he basically has you wrapped around his finger, and will control your emotions.

4. Talks too much about physical things with you

If he doesn’t talk about it directly, he will take it along those lines. Wishing you were with him in his room or yours etc.

5. They act like the sweetest person in the world

When you two talk you feel like he’s the greatest person in the world. He’s everything you’ve been looking for in a guy. That’s just an act don’t believe it, it’s not worth the pain later on. This leads me into numero seis(#6)…

6. Acts different around his friends

He either forgets who you are in front of his guy friends or acts like the biggest d***. This is usually when the real him comes out, he doesn’t give a crap and will not speak to you.
If neither of these is the case, he gives you a hug in front of his boys. This is a sign of him showing them, “hey guys, this is the next victim”.

7. They are cocky and over confident

I’m going to sound like stereotype but I’ll take it, majority of player do come from an athletic background. Whether they play football, basketball, baseball, soccer etc. Guys like these are knows as jocks, most are cocky as it is and know they can get the girl they want. But players over do it, they know they can get with as many girls as they want.

8. He’s not interested in your life

Sure he ask how your day was and stuff like that, but does he really care?. I think not. They make it seem like they do, when in reality they could care less. They just want to get to the point and see if you’re willing to sleep with him or not.

9. You have to be the one contacting him

So, he use to text you 24/7 right? But then it stopped do you wanna know why that is..Best guess is he found another female that’s going to keep him company. If you’ve already slept with him chances are he’s not coming back since you gave him what he wanted. If he does come back he’s just coming back for more. But who’s going to give into texting first you or him? If you have not had sex with him, he’s realized you’re not going to and has forgotten about you. Which means by now that you have developed some kind of feeling for him, and you’re going to try to get his attention back.

10. Finds an excuse to avoid hanging out

They aren’t looking for a commitment, so they will come up with anything to stop being seen in public with you. Unless he’s really that good at his game that he knows by the end of the night he’s getting some.

These are just some signs to know in case you find yourself talking to one. Please don’t think you’ll be the one that changes him, I got news for you. You’re not going to change him; chances are he’s going to break you before you do that. If you still wanna go ahead and think you will, go ahead but good luck.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 77

• The difficult thing is that these players are usually also very attractive men who's popular amongst his peers. The way men rationalize it is, he can have any girl he wants so why stop at only one. His ego is driving his dumb ass so he seeks to get as many girls as he can to make himself feel good. But it's all fake. If he needs external stimulation to feel confident and special, it's not real confidence.

If sleeping with many men weren't stigmatized in society, even though nowadays it's much less, there would be much more women players

• 2. O. K, generally this is probably a good warning sign but I personally talk to lots of girls because I genuinely like talking to them. Trust me, If im in player mode, I usually end up talking about it with some of my friends who are girls, most of which I have never tried to make a move on.

Girls are fun to talk to because there are things they can talk about and understand that most guys can't.

5. Being a nice guy doesn't make you a player

6. I definitely act more MATURE when I'm around girls because I know girls don't react the same way to me doing doughnuts in my car or being loud and obnoxious the same way other guys do. Sometimes we just want to be stupid retards, and now you're gonna try and take that away from us?

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif HAHAHA You caught me (somewhat) I must admit that I'm guilty of every one of those things but #6, #10 #4. Since I've never gotten on the phone before 8pm for as long as I can remember (ofc there have been times, but not when it comes to talking to girls at least). I"m not interested in ___ life either, I'm cocky or bold and I definitely know what to say to ____ to make her feel good again LOL

I said somewhat because I'm not a player though somwhow... but this take was spot on LOL

• -----OR-----

1: He works as a nurse and his shift just finished @11pm.

2: Again, he's a nurse, and a larger percentage of his friends are females because he works with them.

3: Maybe he's been trained at university in verbal communication, say, during a nursing degree.

4: -Skipped-

5: Maybe he's just nice

6: Who the hell acts the same around everyone? We ALL act differently around different ppl.

7: So confidence = inferdelity.

8: -Skipped-

9: Could have ran out of credit?

10: Legit reasons?

• I mostly agree with bersaba, and mostly disagree with the article.

N# 4, 8, 9 and 10 can be signs that he is a player, but the rest... nah.

I basically have no experience, and I can assure you that I had opportunities that I preferred not to use... (or, "exploit", in my opinion).

Yet, # 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 10 are exactly who I am. I could've been 7 too if I wasn't a really shy guy. That leaves 4, 8 and 9 as really "player" characteristics. (I decided that 10 is not really the case either.

• This is a very good article. All your points are spot-on. And yes, at the guy who said guys can't be smooth talkers without being players - that's true as well. If the guy know exactly what to say, and makes the girl feel super-special, where do you think he got that from? It goes way beyond common-sense, which is what you use when you talk to someone you care about. You do NOT tell her a bunch of sh*t which worked with previous girls, like players always do.

• LOL, this is SUCH rubbish, what its saying to women is

"hey this guy has you interested.. well guess what he's a d*** so get rid of him"

next thing you know this bloke whos worked hard to get the girl he wants on his side tries to call her to invite her on a date but she won't answer the phone becouse she's scared of getting hurt all becouse she decided to read this..

its such man bashing rubbish

• Having a lot of female friends doesn't make him a player. It mean the opposite, maybe those are the women he might have wanted to be with at one time but they didn't like him back. Or maybe he just enjoys the kind of conversations you can have with women that can often be quite comforting, finds that you can often have a deeper conversation with a woman. Also him trying to rush you into sex doesn't necessarily make him a player either. Desperate horny young maybe but not necessarily a player

• And playerhater, I'm open to the idea that I maybe wrong about this, but I also have a lot of confidence that you may one day look back and see that you in fact were "playing" to fill some sort of hole that you didn't realize existed. Even if you have good intentions for whoever you're talking with and your relationship/friendship with her, any manipulation or "saying the right thing" for her sake is not good if it's not truthful. Again, I could be wrong, but think about it.

• As an accidental former player (used it as a reaction to a bad breakup), I can confirm most of this is true. I'm good at reading other people, and I used that to know what to say to girls to get close to them, just wanting to be less lonely. I wasn't intentionally "playing," but most of the time, those relationships turned to nothing or just friendships with the girl wishing there had been more based on my seeming interest in her.

• I possess most of these, and i have never been a 'player'

Also, I think the term is pretty much voided if women showed greater wisdom in the qualities in men they go for.

But, i guess it is always easier to play victim than it is to face up to bad choices

• Yeah I'm an introvert so already it's hard enough to talk to women, more often than not because of this I tend to come off the wrong way I think inadvertently. I back off for the sake of peace when a woman rejects me, i guess I take it personal. Try not to get anything stirred up remain quiet and distant even more so now that I've been rejected. Then the woman acts all different kinds standoffish?

• i would hate for women to talk about this..in this manner because you forget the one thing a player is good for sex...women even though I didn't wanna say it is you guys play harder with this friendzone thing is an excuse for playing guys and turning them into fairys boys..atless a playe will give you something but being a girls friend and being teased for your whole life thinking your getting to her heart is the biggest game of all for you ladies

• 10. (cont) try to hang out with the girl as much as possible, to increase his chances of getting laid, and if he becomes "busy" one night he might have another girl he is hanging out with. But chances are he's going to try and get with you as much as possible till the girl stops putting out.

• 8. (cont) maybe he does care what you have to say, and about your life. How are you going to know for sure if he is being true, or if he is just saying it to get in your pants?

9. If a guy contacts you 24/7 then stops, ever thought that maybe he's tired of being the one who does the contacting, and wants to see if you truly care about him. If you don't ever text him first, then why should he believe you care for him?

10.I think a player would do the exact opposite, try to hang out as much as

• 5.Maybe the guy truly is the sweetest guy in the world. Yes a player does play this game, which makes it harder for a true sweet guy to get a girl because by the time they get around to a girl, she has already been with a player who does that so she stays away.

6.Thats not a sign of a player, that's just a sign of a jackass.

7.As long as you don't stereotype all athletes under that category I'm fine with your reasoning.

8.How are you going to know if a guy truly is interested in a girls life

• I agree in some instances but it goes both ways I will give an example for each one

1. He could get off work late, and can't text at work. Wants to know how his girls day is. Or wishes her goodnight.

2.A guy can have more female friends than male friends and not be a player. It all depends on who he gets along better with, males or females.

3. Its not hard for a genuine guy to know what to say, the guys who don't know what to say are usually the shy type.

4.This goes one way. player.

• It's a sad truth, but it's 110% true. That being said, there are exceptions as per everything, so don't go breaking up or ignoring or friend-zoning a guy because he has some traits that are mentioned in this article, there are some genuine guys out there, rare but there.

• Here's 5 real signs he's a player.

1: You find him sleeping with someone else

2: You hear him talking on the phone and he says "baby, honey, yeah I'll come over with the condoms"

3: He says "I've been sleeping with your sister"

4: 3 different people in the same day come up to you and say "He's a player, I was with him last week"

5: He gets genital warts, and it's not from you.

• ~80% of the time girls get played, it's because they're sexually easy. If they weren't, then most players would bail to find someone easier. If girls waited several months after the start of a relationship, they would avoid most players. Girls should also follow (7), since ~90% of extremely confident guys are faking confidence, and if they'll fake the start of a relationship, they'll fake the rest. Lastly, follow (4). If girls do this, they will be hard to play.

• 1, 2, 3, 4 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 are not true. Please do not read too much into this article ladies- I like #8 though. Some of these might be true some of the time, but there are SOO MANY ways to disprove all of these, so to take maybe 5/10 of these and classify someone as a "player" is completely invalid.

• More from Guys
    57

What Girls Said 52

• yes this is true but from my experience you won't notice these signs until after you have been played so the real best advice is for you to be a woman with standards because no player is gonna stick around with you if your plan is to wait before having sex (at least a few months) and only after he has taken you out on dates and spent quality time getting to know you. A player is only after sex so unless you just want sex too, then don't feel played by him when he doesn't show signs that he cares.

• scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...08783907643_n.jpg
    I BETTER GO CALL SHANIQUAQUITA AND TELL HER THAT HER MAN IS JUS BOOTY CALLIN HER

• I don't see how anyone would be offended by this. A lot of this is truth. In order to use this type of guide I'd say half of these signals (or more) would have to be occurring at one time. If these signs are happening but the guy isn't a player. You don't want him anyway. If a guy displays only one - or few of these signs. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• Honestly, I've had an ex-boyfriend who has been guilty of showing ALL of these "signs", and in fact, he was just a player. I literally felt as if I had wrote it myself, or had been recalling his behavior or something in my head. This is almost what I needed to prove myself right in a sense. Of course, a guy calling you late doesn't ALWAYS mean you're a rebound, but if he's ALWAYS calling you late? Big ass red flag right there. I think this article was informative, I can truly say this from exp.

• Not Paranoid Thomas..just real

in regards to your comments.

1.)Apperantly you don't know how players play in general..and your apperantly missing the point,They pretend to be something they are not!.

2.)Once again they pretend they are something their not!

3.)Or sometimes a Guy really DOESN'T care,

4.)He should man up and grow a pair and tell you straight up he doesn't like u.

• exactly like my ex -_- , but i was in love with him so i didn't notice but not anymore

• I agree but 3 isn't necessarily true. There are some very perceptive guys who just have that type of empathy. But I do agree with the rest.

• Most of girls of the back can tell what kind of guy they are dealing with.these are signs that players I'VE delte with shown ME...compared to question I've read on here it's pretty similar.

• #1-8 applied to one of the people I used to know. Too bad when I saw the signs I didn't act on them. Thanks for the article, I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people.

• Cant believe how many of these I could relate my friend that I thought had "feelings" for me too..i guess now I know what happened.

• I think a lot of these describe everything a guy can do, if all these things make him a player, then what can a guy do that doesn't make him one...?

• concluded: he waits for my reacion at the gym club but I don't give him one. he is older than me and has female freinds ect.. I am curous as I try to find out about him and I can't seem to find answers. we always meet at the same place, never go for meals as he is a gym fanatic and is in bed for 8pm.. texts a lot about sex but tells me he values freindship more is he a potential player. told me he lived abroad with a girl 20 years younger than him but as freinds I was flattered when he tracked me

• excellent and very true take!

• You just described @Fearless_Banana lmao Amiright? Amiright? 😉 I don't believe that bs you say about you being a virgin.

• I agree with those ten signs. My ex was a player it took me a while to realize that. Great article by the way

• I don't think the point of this list was to make everyone evaluate their special someone and yell "OH SHIT HE'S A PLAYER!" I think it's to say the TYPICAL signs of a player, and make sure that women be a little more leary of men with many of these attributes. it's not supposed to freak everyone out.

• Lol..whatever dude get off me..this article ain't even for u!!.unless you like that type of thing?

• This is SO true. I compared the list to my ex and 7/10 of these matched with him.

Although, a guy who matches to 1 or 2 of these doesn't necessarily make him a player.

Like the athletic thing--guys always try to look athletic-_-

But otherwise, great article

• Ive dealt with a player just recently, and almost all of these traits he had. Reading some of the comments, I hear some people are freaking out about how these are "player only" traits.. well here is my point of few on that. If he's doing theses things when you guys are just getting to know each other, then yes, he's probably a player. But if you've known each other for awhile and he's shown interest in you that whole time, then there's a good chance he isn't a player.

• In all honesty I don't think that all these signs apply to every player out there. I know this one guy and he is the complete opposite of every trait. He never texts me after 11... always in the middle of the day, he's the one that contacts me, he's not a smooth talker, he doesn't find excuses to avoid hanging out with me, he doesn't act like a d*** to me in front of his friends and he pays much more attention to me than his friends, etc. But he's clearly a player and I know he has many girls.

• More from Girls
    32