Video contest with awardGaG Video Contest: Enter to win gift cards! Close

10 Signs He's A Player

I believe it’s safe to say, that a many of us have encountered one or more players in our past. If you haven’t had the “pleasure” of meeting one yet or think you’re talking to one. Here are a few signs to keep you aware that he’s probably playing you and other girls. This could save you from a broken heart and several nights of crying yourself to sleep.

1. He’s calling or texting after 11 and 12 pm

There are 24 hours in a day, if he really liked you he could have chosen a better time just to say hi. After 11pm are the usual “booty call” hours, which means he just wants to sleep with you. You might think it’s cute, he was thinking about me, how sweet of him. Well not really, because you probably aren’t the only one he’s texting or calling at that time.

2. He has way too many girls that are friends

If he has more girls that are friends then guys we have a problem. Typical players like getting around, talking to more than one female at a time. If a lot of girls know who he is, chances are that he’s received the title of being a player by now. Which is a huge red flag, stay away from him!
"He’s a smooth talker, knows what to say when you’re mad, upset, or down."

3. He knows exactly what to say

In other words he’s a smooth talker, knows what to say when you’re mad, upset, or down. He’ll make you feel special that you’ll believe his words and you will trust he’s a “nice guy”. By this time he basically has you wrapped around his finger, and will control your emotions.

4. Talks too much about physical things with you

If he doesn’t talk about it directly, he will take it along those lines. Wishing you were with him in his room or yours etc.

5. They act like the sweetest person in the world

When you two talk you feel like he’s the greatest person in the world. He’s everything you’ve been looking for in a guy. That’s just an act don’t believe it, it’s not worth the pain later on. This leads me into numero seis(#6)…

6. Acts different around his friends

He either forgets who you are in front of his guy friends or acts like the biggest d***. This is usually when the real him comes out, he doesn’t give a crap and will not speak to you.
If neither of these is the case, he gives you a hug in front of his boys. This is a sign of him showing them, “hey guys, this is the next victim”.

7. They are cocky and over confident

I’m going to sound like stereotype but I’ll take it, majority of player do come from an athletic background. Whether they play football, basketball, baseball, soccer etc. Guys like these are knows as jocks, most are cocky as it is and know they can get the girl they want. But players over do it, they know they can get with as many girls as they want.

8. He’s not interested in your life

Sure he ask how your day was and stuff like that, but does he really care?. I think not. They make it seem like they do, when in reality they could care less. They just want to get to the point and see if you’re willing to sleep with him or not.

9. You have to be the one contacting him

So, he use to text you 24/7 right? But then it stopped do you wanna know why that is..Best guess is he found another female that’s going to keep him company. If you’ve already slept with him chances are he’s not coming back since you gave him what he wanted. If he does come back he’s just coming back for more. But who’s going to give into texting first you or him? If you have not had sex with him, he’s realized you’re not going to and has forgotten about you. Which means by now that you have developed some kind of feeling for him, and you’re going to try to get his attention back.

10. Finds an excuse to avoid hanging out

They aren’t looking for a commitment, so they will come up with anything to stop being seen in public with you. Unless he’s really that good at his game that he knows by the end of the night he’s getting some.

These are just some signs to know in case you find yourself talking to one. Please don’t think you’ll be the one that changes him, I got news for you. You’re not going to change him; chances are he’s going to break you before you do that. If you still wanna go ahead and think you will, go ahead but good luck.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 77

• I possess most of these, and i have never been a 'player'

Also, I think the term is pretty much voided if women showed greater wisdom in the qualities in men they go for.

But, i guess it is always easier to play victim than it is to face up to bad choices

• 5d

Yeah I'm an introvert so already it's hard enough to talk to women, more often than not because of this I tend to come off the wrong way I think inadvertently. I back off for the sake of peace when a woman rejects me, i guess I take it personal. Try not to get anything stirred up remain quiet and distant even more so now that I've been rejected. Then the woman acts all different kinds standoffish?

• 3d

The difficult thing is that these players are usually also very attractive men who's popular amongst his peers. The way men rationalize it is, he can have any girl he wants so why stop at only one. His ego is driving his dumb ass so he seeks to get as many girls as he can to make himself feel good. But it's all fake. If he needs external stimulation to feel confident and special, it's not real confidence.

If sleeping with many men weren't stigmatized in society, even though nowadays it's much less, there would be much more women players

• 5d

So what the hell do you want the guy to do in order to prove himself to a woman? Good guys who treat women right and with respect get friend zoned or told to go away. To me this isn't about being a player that's the problem, women wouldn't care if a man's a player if he was good looking tall jacked guy or bad boy. Women just use that as an excuse when these guys break their little hearts. Women just need to stop with the over inflated ego, being hypergamous and lower their standards to their own attraction level. Players are not the problem, women are so go for the good caring provider and you won't get played by these hot alpha guys. Women have ridiculous expectations when choosing a guy these days.

• 5d

Honestly i do play women and the truth is if done correctly most women will never suspect it... the love is too strong for women to have doubt. I use women time and time again, only a limited group of women catch on... but so what, the ocean is full of naive fish... FUCK WOMEN GUYS and leave them

• 5d

1) At that time I am asleep.
    2) Whoah, whoah, whoah, hold it there! I have literally no friends and 2 good online female friends but I am no player! It just happens, that I encounter a few good female friends and if there are more out there, I wouldn't mind establishing a friendship with them too. =)
    3) I don't know if I am lucky or not about that because my social skills are zero.
    4) I don't even get the point you're making.
    5) Well, I am trying to be sweet as I am but I don't come completely without bitterness either :^)
    6) No friends so it's not applicable. OK let's say I made a new friend today, I wouldn't act differently in front of him.
    7) Nope
    8 ) Nope
    9) Not always
    10) Nope

So about the half may be applicable to me and the other is not. What am I, a half-player half-sweet-guy? :P

• 5d

Actually it comes down to this: the guy has sociopathic way of not caring about anybody's feelings (men or women) but they act like they care... takes one know one...:)

• 5d

2. O. K, generally this is probably a good warning sign but I personally talk to lots of girls because I genuinely like talking to them. Trust me, If im in player mode, I usually end up talking about it with some of my friends who are girls, most of which I have never tried to make a move on.

Girls are fun to talk to because there are things they can talk about and understand that most guys can't.

5. Being a nice guy doesn't make you a player

6. I definitely act more MATURE when I'm around girls because I know girls don't react the same way to me doing doughnuts in my car or being loud and obnoxious the same way other guys do. Sometimes we just want to be stupid retards, and now you're gonna try and take that away from us?

• 5d

Wow this means women are BIGGER PLAYERS THAN MEN.

• 5d

No idea why a 6 year old thing came up but I match some of these and don't fuck around at all. Definitely not all of them but.

• 5d

Don't agree with all of these but some yes. I'm still gonna text her late at night and I'm still gonna be confident

• 5d

Not to be confused with those who are actually genuinely nice guys

• 5d

STOP PLAYER SHAMING.

• 5d

Actually this is pretty good. Although I'm not a player, but I'm a smooth talker :P

• 5d

@Hateguysplay1 that's not even slightly smooth.

That's just corny. In a really creepy way.

• 5d

Thank you

• 5d

@soaddicted
    is it just me, or is this a bunch of bullshit

• 5d

i disagree with number one, maybe he just wants to talk with her before bed?

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif HAHAHA You caught me (somewhat) I must admit that I'm guilty of every one of those things but #6, #10 #4. Since I've never gotten on the phone before 8pm for as long as I can remember (ofc there have been times, but not when it comes to talking to girls at least). I"m not interested in ___ life either, I'm cocky or bold and I definitely know what to say to ____ to make her feel good again LOL

I said somewhat because I'm not a player though somwhow... but this take was spot on LOL

• player? ... the appropriate word for them is man whore.. or man slut

• 5d

Nah... they players. Attraction is a skill, not who you are (unless you that minority guy who is that naturally which attracts). Men have to initiate which means they have to get on the field and compete with other men. It's a game and the guys who do it well are players. Very logical. Conversely there is no such thing as a female player

• WHO WANTS ONE FEMALE ANY WAYS?

FEMALES NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SHARE A MAN.

• Men who never plan to settle down are low quality men. Any smart woman would always keep her options open to avoid the risk of ending up with a man like YOU ;). Just saying.

• They have higher self-esteem than those that can't even get one female, that's for sure.

• Then I must be an MVP ;)

• Why everything that always point at us as gents what about females , and the worst part about them they are not as innocent as we thing am I right or wrong?

• few good and obvious stuff

• More from Guys
    57

What Girls Said 51

• 5d

excellent and very true take!

• 5d

You just described @Fearless_Banana lmao Amiright? Amiright? 😉 I don't believe that bs you say about you being a virgin.

• scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...08783907643_n.jpg
    I BETTER GO CALL SHANIQUAQUITA AND TELL HER THAT HER MAN IS JUS BOOTY CALLIN HER

• Not Paranoid Thomas..just real

in regards to your comments.

1.)Apperantly you don't know how players play in general..and your apperantly missing the point,They pretend to be something they are not!.

2.)Once again they pretend they are something their not!

3.)Or sometimes a Guy really DOESN'T care,

4.)He should man up and grow a pair and tell you straight up he doesn't like u.

• Lol..whatever dude get off me..this article ain't even for u!!.unless you like that type of thing?

• Most of girls of the back can tell what kind of guy they are dealing with.these are signs that players I'VE delte with shown ME...compared to question I've read on here it's pretty similar.

• 4d

Most of this is true.

• 5d

exactly like my ex -_- , but i was in love with him so i didn't notice but not anymore

• 5d

Ooooo maybe my boyfriend is a player too.. ohh i dont know what should i do. He has so many girl friends too. 😔 how could he do that to me

• 11d

I have to disagree with 5 because I've been around players who are jerks from the start. They can be hot and cold. Go from being sweet to being a complete asshole and saying things like "your kids will come out retarded" Also look out for them criticizing girls by saying that girls want to act like the songs that are out and degrade themselves but all along the criticizer is trying to get into your pants.

Whoever wrote this article seems very bitter and unhappy!! I feel like this, as an adult you should know within the first few weeks if that person is someone you would like to continue on with or if you need to drop them quicker than Kim K. did Chris Humphreys!!

• OMG THIS !!! 👏👏👏

So if a guy is the opposite, is there a chance he genuinely likes you?

• Another sure sign is that he won't let you leave marks on him, like a hickey...

• Agree with most of them expect 5. I believe some guys are genuinely nice..

• I agree but 3 isn't necessarily true. There are some very perceptive guys who just have that type of empathy. But I do agree with the rest.

• yup i agree my ex was also a player

• I agree with those ten signs. My ex was a player it took me a while to realize that. Great article by the way

• Cant believe how many of these I could relate my friend that I thought had "feelings" for me too..i guess now I know what happened.

• thanks you really opened my eyes on things

• Thanks for this 10 signs he's a player type. It is quite accurate!

• More from Girls
    31