6 Reasons Why I'll Probably Be Single Forever

1. My standards are "too high"

Apparently, wanting a guy who respects me and who is honest and mature, is asking too much these days. So I am not going to settle for a guy just so that I can say that I am taken.

2. I do not have sex when I date

I thought this was a normal thing until I heard that some people have sex on the third date. I think dating is getting to know someone, so I am not going to have sex with a guy on the third date, and I think that some guys expect sex on the third date. Which leads me to my next point...

3. I am not quick to jump into relationships

I have only been in two relationships that lasted a short while (less than 4 months). I did not have sex with my exes because my instincts told me to wait, and for a good reason, too. I dodged a huge bullet.

4. I cannot date someone I am not physically attracted to

Been there done that and I can't do that anymore. Kudos to the women who do, but I can't, and I am not going to lie- I see women who most of society would consider beautiful with unattractive men. I refuse to do it!

5. I have a huge wall put up

In my head I am married to Henry Cavill and tacos.

So unless you are one of those I have a huge wall put up to guard my heart. I no longer wear my heart on my sleeve and I have learned some things the hard way so my filter is high until I really get to know you. I mean I have to really get to know you which takes a long time.

6. I do not go out as much: I do not go out as much as I use to except when I am going to college.

But in the end I am happy with being single. If I meet the right guy, I am open to being in a relationship but I would rather be in no relationship than a verbally abusive one. Been there done that and I am not doing it again.

#singleswithtacos

727
ikissedtheskyonce is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's absolutely Nothing wrong with being single forever. Whether voluntarily or involuntarily, it all depends on what you plan or will do with your life, and not let it completely go to waste as the timer on it is always counting down. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Once you get past 30 or later it really won't matter anymore any way. Matter of fact, the longer you are single then the less you'll focus or even really care about relationships, dating or even sex. Trust me on that, the less you will care the longer you remain single. Just have as much fun as possible, because we all only really just live once, so why not just enjoy it as much as possible while it lasts?

There's always, netflix, board games (wanna play conenct 4? how about hungry hungry hippos, or a game of sorry? maybe chess or checkers?), card games (poker, go fish, crazy eights, "Bullshit"?), video games, food, beverage, wine, beer, the internet, vacations and traveling; go explore the world it's a really big fucking place, and of course lots animals and/or pets you can make adopt or make friends with along the way, besides there's always all kinds of hilarious shit to keep ourselves entertain and help cope with the miseries that come with life and this reality. We Single Fo' Lifers will absolutely be alright as long as we BELIEVE that we will be alright.

And there will be many more. i think it's better to just have a companion to temporarily go out there and explore and try all kinds of things for a while and if it doesn't work out or click don't have any or develop any hard feelings or hold onto any overly and unnecessarily deep emotional attachments, and just be spontaneous.

It's like finding a way to write and develop your very own story and episodes of your own life as if it were a TV show or a movie with shit tons of sequels and spin-offs.

• Im calling b. s. I don't think anyone wants to be alone. And at 19, where does this 'wisdom' come from? You've planned your whole life as a teenager?

• Let me tell you something kid: you have NO idea the of the bs life has thrown my way. Every lost a child? And been thrown into a two year depression so deep you want to kill yourself? Ever had the woman you loved try to stab you in a coke fueled rage? Ever had to deal with a mind that works sooo differently from 95% of the world, most people have no idea what you're talking about? No dude, I've had plenty of life setbacks. I'm just not checking out completely.

• @Guy83 Well, THAT'S THE SPIRIT THEN!

Don't call me kid, cause I'm not actually 19. 19 years ago would be August 29, 1997, but that's not my real birthday nor my true age.

See, that's the whole point, you keep going FORWARD no matter what. Keep having as much fun as possible regardless of any relationship status or sexual status and keep on going WITHOUT checking out anytime soon. That WAS My Point!

If you got a relationship, good, nothing wrong with that. For those that don't have one, I see them frequently either whine about it, or mope or sulk about it with either takes or questions like Why I'm still single, or while I'll be single for life. And I'm like, don't even worry about that shit, just go out there and just chill and explore the fucking world already, life is too fucking short to fret and dwell on all that shit anyway. And I see that you didn't dwell on the bad shit that had happened to you, and you had the will and strength to keep going forward no matter what.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 26

• It's okay, single or not, I just want you to be happy.

• I'll be single for a while...
    1. Too independent
    2. Too cynical (not a good trait)
    3. People annoy me, make me cringe when they're not enthusiastic and talkative
    4. Don't party much
    5. Too big of an ego
    6. Too dry/sarcastic, I offend easily. (even though idgaf)

• Points #1,#2,#3, #4 are absolutely fine. Yes, I do agree that having high standards as well realistic standards can make it very difficult for the person to find someone.

Overall it's a good take.

• I've only got one reason for it... I'm ugly. Women look at me and like you feel they would be better off alone than with someone like me. I wish I wasn't this way.

• Surprised to see that others think sex should be reserved for the right time, not when it's customary. Good post!

• "2. I do not have sex when I date"
    NEXT!!!

• I am glad you know what you want and are not willing to settle. I am sure that some of these will change as you get older and circumstances change but it is refreshing to know that you already have an idea what you want. to bad more women were not like that instead of taking a bite out of every cute guy that comes there way and see if it works for them.

• You sound like so many girls today who tell the universe of guys to fuck off and then lament that you're single in the same breath. Standards are great, but just be smart enough to not let them get in the way when you finally meet the right person. And Henry Cavill hasn't called because he's just not that into you.

• So you would rather I go around hating men then?

• @NatashaJ Learn to read.

• Whatever asscake Bye Felicia. I'm done with your ass.

• Me trying to settle down is a little like Batman trying to settle down. It never works. The universe bends over backwards to keep it from happening.

• 1. Fair enough - actually yes, that's a very solid reason. LMAO! A very good way to start this mytake I'd say :D I can't blame you at all ^^
    2. True
    3. True
    4. Fair enough.
    5. Syntax error.
    6. OK, that makes sense.

Hmmm. That's ok. No need to be ashamed of being single.

• Exact reasons I would prefer staying single forever. Next time I would even consider dating a girl, I would have to be friends first for awhile to get to that point. I can only be sexually attracted to a girl who I have an emotional connection with already.

• I have very similar reasons, except for number 5 of course :P

• Yep forever alone for you oh well, tacos and celebrity crushes are fun too ^^

• I'm in your " club " as a FT working single dad , do not have the time , money & more importantly , the inclination to go dating , I am No 6 of your points , I don't have a real social life , prefer to be left alone , not a great need for people.

• Great take. Why settle for someone just for the sake of being in a relationship? It doesn't make you happier and it hurts the other person. You should date someone because you want to, not because it's expected by society.

• I relate to #1 the most. I relate to #4 also, which may be more obvious since I'm a guy; and #2, except that I'm abstinent.

• I am a taco.

• Adjust #5 for mine.

• i don't mind hun
    but you are missing the most important
    thing its belief

belief dictates how people act

• Its o. k. Not enough for being single for life. Anyhow it was good lolz

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 6

• in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're happy.
    Relationships have started out really nice and then end up being very painful for me (maybe cos they aren't right ones, etc. etc.), and then I have to go through the process of moving on and all that.

So yea, I guess I won't be giving into it anymore next time round. Single life for me too.

• Lol there is nothing wrong with being single. Definitely use to feel the same way except I wanted children no matter what. I was even looking into the possibility of getting a donor but now. I hope you find someone but if not I hope you still enjoy life and make the most of it!

• Well if your standards are high, there's a good solution: start approaching guys. Ask a guy out.

• Ditto, but the reason I don't get out much is due to lack of funds because I'm unemployed. Good take. :)

• All of these: #same

• Haha I'm the same way except I don't have a large wall up. The only places I go are work, school, the store and the gym regularly.