6 Reasons Why I'll Probably Be Single Forever

1. My standards are "too high"

Apparently, wanting a guy who respects me and who is honest and mature, is asking too much these days. So I am not going to settle for a guy just so that I can say that I am taken.

2. I do not have sex when I date

I thought this was a normal thing until I heard that some people have sex on the third date. I think dating is getting to know someone, so I am not going to have sex with a guy on the third date, and I think that some guys expect sex on the third date. Which leads me to my next point...

3. I am not quick to jump into relationships

I have only been in two relationships that lasted a short while (less than 4 months). I did not have sex with my exes because my instincts told me to wait, and for a good reason, too. I dodged a huge bullet.

4. I cannot date someone I am not physically attracted to

Been there done that and I can't do that anymore. Kudos to the women who do, but I can't, and I am not going to lie- I see women who most of society would consider beautiful with unattractive men. I refuse to do it!

5. I have a huge wall put up

In my head I am married to Henry Cavill and tacos.

So unless you are one of those I have a huge wall put up to guard my heart. I no longer wear my heart on my sleeve and I have learned some things the hard way so my filter is high until I really get to know you. I mean I have to really get to know you which takes a long time.

6. I do not go out as much: I do not go out as much as I use to except when I am going to college.

But in the end I am happy with being single. If I meet the right guy, I am open to being in a relationship but I would rather be in no relationship than a verbally abusive one. Been there done that and I am not doing it again.

#singleswithtacos

ikissedtheskyonce is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

It's okay, single or not, I just want you to be happy.

I'll be single for a while...
    1. Too independent
    2. Too cynical (not a good trait)
    3. People annoy me, make me cringe when they're not enthusiastic and talkative
    4. Don't party much
    5. Too big of an ego
    6. Too dry/sarcastic, I offend easily. (even though idgaf)

Same for me, except #4.

Me trying to settle down is a little like Batman trying to settle down. It never works. The universe bends over backwards to keep it from happening.

Adjust #5 for mine.

Surprised to see that others think sex should be reserved for the right time, not when it's customary. Good post!

I have very similar reasons, except for number 5 of course :P

Points #1,#2,#3, #4 are absolutely fine. Yes, I do agree that having high standards as well realistic standards can make it very difficult for the person to find someone.

Overall it's a good take.

I'm in your " club " as a FT working single dad , do not have the time , money & more importantly , the inclination to go dating , I am No 6 of your points , I don't have a real social life , prefer to be left alone , not a great need for people.

i don't mind hun
    but you are missing the most important
    thing its belief

belief dictates how people act

I am glad you know what you want and are not willing to settle. I am sure that some of these will change as you get older and circumstances change but it is refreshing to know that you already have an idea what you want. to bad more women were not like that instead of taking a bite out of every cute guy that comes there way and see if it works for them.

Its o. k. Not enough for being single for life. Anyhow it was good lolz

get over yourself

thanks for sharing didn't read but hey thanks anyway

Great take. Why settle for someone just for the sake of being in a relationship? It doesn't make you happier and it hurts the other person. You should date someone because you want to, not because it's expected by society.

"2. I do not have sex when I date"
    NEXT!!!

1. Fair enough - actually yes, that's a very solid reason. LMAO! A very good way to start this mytake I'd say :D I can't blame you at all ^^
    2. True
    3. True
    4. Fair enough.
    5. Syntax error.
    6. OK, that makes sense.

Hmmm. That's ok. No need to be ashamed of being single.

I've only got one reason for it... I'm ugly. Women look at me and like you feel they would be better off alone than with someone like me. I wish I wasn't this way.

So many girls seem to be saying these nowadays... its sad.

men too lol

#Afrochick Yea, that's true, but i think more men are happier with just sex. Most of my friends have a sexual relationships and they are okay with not settling, but when i look at the girls most seem to want a solid relationship more than anything. But again its just my anecdotal evidance

@flintlockwood Send them all my way :P. I always wanted a serious relationship with a girl but somehow I can't find such girl in my life unfortunately. And No I'm not happy with sex, lol. I'm not like many guys who changes a girls like a gloves from day to day or sleep around. I dunno but a casual thing never was a right choice for me at least as I prefer something serious. Well, that's just me.

I relate to #1 the most. I relate to #4 also, which may be more obvious since I'm a guy; and #2, except that I'm abstinent.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 7

in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're happy.
    Relationships have started out really nice and then end up being very painful for me (maybe cos they aren't right ones, etc. etc.), and then I have to go through the process of moving on and all that.

So yea, I guess I won't be giving into it anymore next time round. Single life for me too.

Well if your standards are high, there's a good solution: start approaching guys. Ask a guy out.

Ditto, but the reason I don't get out much is due to lack of funds because I'm unemployed. Good take. :)

Lol there is nothing wrong with being single. Definitely use to feel the same way except I wanted children no matter what. I was even looking into the possibility of getting a donor but now. I hope you find someone but if not I hope you still enjoy life and make the most of it!

All of these: #same

Haha I'm the same way except I don't have a large wall up. The only places I go are work, school, the store and the gym regularly.