Why Dating Mr. Right Now is DANGEROUS!

I just came out of a really traumatizing relationship. He wasn't physically abusive but mentally vile. It came down to the point where I didn't want to come home, nor did I have any self esteem left in me...before long I was depressed. Why would anyone want me?

I know women joke about, "he isn't Mr. Right but Mr. Right Now" but you have to be careful, because even Mr. Right Now, can be dangerous... and unfortunately here is why.

1. Waste of time & energy

I used to have fun dating around and just hanging out with guys and going on dates... but it hit me a year ago. I was just exhausted from dating and spending my hard earned cash on buying outfits, but worse than that, all my energy and free time was being used up on the wrong guys. It really takes a toll.

2. Mr. Right Now is wrong for a reason

If you know the guy that you're with is wrong for you, most likely it's for a reason, right? His attitude, his ambitions, maybe even how he treats you?

3. Watch yourself

You have to watch out for yourself, and protect your inner worth. Coming out of dating the wrong guy, I found out that sometimes it's better to be alone than date someone who isn't worthy.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• 27d

Lol he was mentally vile in what way? Like what did he do or say?

• 27d

How do you know whether he is Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now? It's not like you start going out with someone knowing full well that he is only Mr. Right Now no? Once you know he is not the one, why would you stay with him long enough to give him the title of Mr. Right Now?

• 27d

When your young your usually not dating for keeps, not most people anyway so yeah I know a lot of people who have dated Mr. Right Now's knowing that's all they were. guys they may have really liked but knew it could never go anywhere long term.

• 27d

So true, I wish more women would realize this!

• 27d

So to summarize this post, "Wait for Mr Right and stay single, because Mr Right Now is probably a serial killer and you need to watch yourself".

• 27d

It's the waste of time that really kills women...

They realize they have been with the wrong guy until they are 25 years old.

Now the good guys don't want her, her network is small, she is in love with her ex, and keeps attracting the same kind of guy...

She also doesn't know how to be loved from a nicer guy...

This is why I don't date "just for the hell of it" just to say that I'm dating someone.

FILE UNDER: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Great take. I can say I've been guilty of dating women who weren't right for me. While they were very cute and had a ton in common with me, they were still on the rebound and acting hot and cold or manipulative.

To come to think about it, it was more of a hassle dating them, even if i did have some great times with them, because their inconsistent behavior was confusing and made me over analyze where I stood. Then when it ended, it ended bad and messed me up even more than being alone.

You live and you learn though. Sorry you had to experience this.

Jesus, I learnt some things reading this that I just didn't know, before. I certainly know this has helped not only me as a man, but many women.

Women are too messed up these days anyway

You really have to get to know some one to know if they're mr or miss right.
    How do they treat animals do they treat you with affection do they keep a level of cleanliness you find acceptable ie if your a mess you may ot want them absolutely perfectly clean as they wouldn't like your level of mess simalerly they shouldn't be a total mess.

your issue isn't them
    its you
    you where not looking
    you where fucking around
    and now your time is wasted
    instead of just finding a nice guy
    you went around an did the opposite

Very good share - I think we are constantly learning from past experiences so good luck in the future, you will have your eyes wide open and you were able to advise others to do the same.

A guy could say the same thing about a woman.

• 27d

Absolutely... I don't think woman are the only ones who do this, I mean I have guy friends that did as well.

Who is "Mr. Right" or "Mr. Right Now".

I just can't even

Women just like men when they see someone who ticks off all their physical characterisitcs become blind struck and overlook their negative traits in hope that they can change this person with enough time. They pursue this person, give up the pussy in a good bit of time, and basically endure a lot of shit.

A lot of women will even turn their brains off to obvious signs your SO is cheating on you because they want it to work so badly. Critical point is reached where you are fed up with too much BS, and/or you finally become acclimatize to their looks and see them for who they are resulting in you breaking up with them.

In short, when dating especially among good looking people we need to always be thinking with our heads and not our genitals, have a neutral stance and constantly look out for the warning signs.

Girls just settle for anyone occasionally?

Do the guys think this is actually a legitimate relationship?

What Girls Said 3

• 1d

good job.

• 27d

Yeah, I mean you still have to be picky and know what you want in even a "Mr. Right Now'.

My Mr. Right now is not right at all... he sell people dreams and play on young girls mind... telling them he help them with whatever they need... and that he got you ( like a daddy figure or some shit) but in all reality he ain't got shit going for himself... doesn't have a steady roof over his head from house to house... got THREE baby mama's and want another one for some reason i dont understand which honestly i think he use the baby line to trap u... he don't know how to communicate unless he want some pussy and i don't trust him not one bit... he has no goals or ambition and with me being young i need somebody that has that and going push me to be better not try to bring me down and feed me bullshit so... at this point im ignoring him and im telling him to leave me alone
    ... relationship ain't meant to be